Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If it's possible God exists, then God actually exists.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bump

Comment

Originally posted by Sza View Post
      bump
      Why?

Comment

As fun as pissing in Wade's cornflakes is, I'm kinda over it

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

Why?
          because you heathens still haven't seen the light
          Originally posted by Wade;n484984
          As Bill Cosby once said, "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out."

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post

My darkness is darker than yours

Comment

Chaos is pretty much all the patterns merging into a large mass. Voids of space and time have a system, physics has a system, life has a system, chemistry, etc.. Everything has its specific free will pattern that usually do their roles in the levels that keep existence together. Break down, death and decay of the levels does not imply chaos IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post

I was already a man when I saw the light

Comment

Because i wanted everyone to witness Wade’s new set, but it seems they haven’t changed it yet

Comment

Originally posted by Sza View Post
                    Distance from earth does not effect the gravitational pull on objects unless they are like KMs away or something, seriously you americans are supposed to learn this in like the 4th grade.

a kilogram of steel and kilogram of feathers would “technically” weigh the same, however, the feathers would both be equal in mass and take up more space due to there being much more of the feathers.
                    Actually, it does matter. Atomic clock experiments show that even a difference a few meters apart causes one atomic clock to run at a different speed than an identical atomic clock. Literally one on the floor and one on a shelf near the ceiling, and they are sensitive enough to feel the difference in Gravity. This verifies the concept of General Relativity, but does not necessarily mean that Einstein's equations are exactly right.

Comment

If you cannot see that there is a God, you will always be blind until the day your eternal soul is cast into the fires of Hell.

Trust me, Hell exists; I was sent to Hell one time and thrown into the firey furnace by an Angel dressed in white robes. Once inside the fire, I protested to the Angel that I was more righteous than that, and deserved a better end. The Angel made a wormhole in the furnace and let me out.

I have been to Hell and back, and I'm here to tell you the "lobby" is full with both men and women, crammed shoulder-to-shoulder for as far as the eye can see, in a dark space near a cliff, and there is a stone tower, a furnace, protruding up from the abyss. You climb the stairs in single file to a stone balcony, then an Angel grabs you and throws you face first through a doorway into the burning pit.

I have been to Hell and back, and I'm here to tell you it's real.

Comment

An Archangel announced my sister's cancer being cured.

In a vision in a dream, I saw an archangel with golden rings inside and outside his body, and swirly white energy-wings. His face was shrouded in shadow. In his torso was an MRI machine. He spoke to me and said:

"WE ARE CANCER FREE."

Then I woke up.

The next day, my mother told me that my sister's stage 3 hodgkins lymphoma was cured. I dreamed the miracle cure about 12 hours ahead of time.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...gu37xF8gzV2kma

This is why I know that I know there is a God and there are Angels....spirit beings made of pure light in a different from than corporeal matter. They are made of light, but they are not made of atoms.

Comment

I cured your sister's cancer so you could shut up about God. Give me my credit and I'll say "you're welcome".

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post
                            If you cannot see that there is a God, you will always be blind until the day your eternal soul is cast into the fires of Hell.

I have been to Hell and back, and I'm here to tell you the "lobby" is full with both men and women, crammed shoulder-to-shoulder for as far as the eye can see, in a dark space near a cliff, and there is a stone tower, a furnace, protruding up from the abyss. You climb the stairs in single file to a stone balcony, then an Angel grabs you and throws you face first through a doorway into the burning pit..
                            God of mercy and justice right there.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

God of mercy and justice right there.
                              Yes, People who believe, repent, and do good works get forgiven and don't go to Hell.

People who reject God, or sin in certain ways anyway, they go to Hell.

Murderers and serial killers and dictators go to Hell for eternity.

According to Jewish Rabbi Tovia Singer, there are thought to be 3 types of sentences to Hell. One is for 11 months, another is for 12 months, and another is for eternity.

If you go to Hell for 11 or 12 months it is for correction and spiritual purification. If you go for eternity is is for eternal punishment due to a sin that has an eternal consequence, such as murder.

Going to Hell is permanent if you are an unbeliever. There are lots of unbelievers in Hell, waiting to be thrown into the burning pit.
                              Last edited by Wade; July 27th, 2018, 01:24 PM.

Comment

That Rabbi sounds like he's just making shit up tbh.

Not exactly surprising though.
                                Last edited by OrganizationXV; July 27th, 2018, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Wade, you don't understand the argument.

The reason a maximally great being exists in all possible worlds is because necessity is a great making property.

Necessities are things like numbers or geometric shapes, things that cannot be different.

A triangle could never not have three sides, because then it (by definition) wouldn't be a triangle.

We do know that triangles are possible because they exist (conceptually) in the actual world. We also know that they cannot possibly be different (a fancy way of saying necessary). So they have to be the same in all possible worlds.

For a being to be maximally great it would have to be necessary, because if it lacked this characteristic it wouldn't be maximally great. So if we assume that it's possible that a maximally great being could exist, then like the triangle it would have to be the same in all possible worlds.

Comment

Originally posted by Timeless Writer View Post
                                    Wade, you don't understand the argument.

The reason a maximally great being exists in all possible worlds is because necessity is a great making property.

Necessities are things like numbers or geometric shapes, things that cannot be different.

A triangle could never not have three sides, because then it (by definition) wouldn't be a triangle.

We do know that triangles are possible because they exist (conceptually) in the actual world. We also know that they cannot possibly be different (a fancy way of saying necessary). So they have to be the same in all possible worlds.

For a being to be maximally great it would have to be necessary, because if it lacked this characteristic it wouldn't be maximally great. So if we assume that it's possible that a maximally great being could exist, then like the triangle it would have to be the same in all possible worlds.
                                    Funny that you should use a triangle as an example, but several years ago it was proven that the Universe is Euclidean, that is the definition of a triangle is in fact Euclidean. For a while there had been a debate about whether it could involve non-euclidean geometry, but WMAP and some other space experiments prove the Universe is Euclidean.

If the region of space-time we inhabit is Euclidean, then it is reasonable to assume all regions of space-time are Euclidean.

However, everything you said and everything I said is encompassed by Logos, and Logos must be transcendent and eternal.

Logos is Transcendent in every conceivable world and Logos is maximal in every conceivable world. (see String Theory).

Comment

Hey XV:

Do you think "Anybody" deserves to go to Hell? Like Hitler or Genghis Khan? If a person committed human sacrifice, do you think that person deserves to go to Hell?

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post
                                        Hey XV:

Do you think "Anybody" deserves to go to Hell? Like Hitler or Genghis Khan? If a person committed human sacrifice, do you think that person deserves to go to Hell?
                                        Mmmm... I wouldn't really say so, I guess. The problem with hell that makes it too cruel for ANYBODY is that It's infinite torment for finite amounts of damage. Hitler and Genghis Khan are unforgivably evil, but after a certain point your physical life becomes an insignificant fraction of your existence- and the same goes for the victims. Whatever wrongs done to them in life don't matter after, say, a billion years in the afterlife.

If we're talking about less extreme interpretations of hell, then yeah. Like, a year of hell (as you proposed earlier) is still insanely cruel, but people like Hitler probably deserve 12 months of lava. If we take hell to mean nonexistence, as others assume it to be, that's kind of just whatever. If hell is defined as JUST an afterlife without God, that actually seems decently fair for the lesser offenders... Kind of.
                                        Last edited by OrganizationXV; July 28th, 2018, 08:49 PM.

Comment

But are skeptics deserving of hell? No. People who didn't donate to the church? No. Unbaptized people? No. Gays? No. Sexual deviants? Except for rapists, no. Kids who grew up believing something else? No. Christians who don't believe hard enough? No. Christians who believe the wrong ideas? No. There are so many people that would be going to hell that under no circumstances deserve anything like what the Bible describes hell as.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                          Auto-Saved
                                          x
                                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                          Working...
                                          X