Hooray for Income Taxes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hooray for Income Taxes!

I gotta pay almost 700 dollars back to the IRS because im an independent American trying to better myself by working 2 jobs

Sounds like you claimed an exemption that you shouldn't have claimed. I'd recommend going to HR at both jobs and seeing how you're handling those. Most people will likely claim no exemptions.

Comment

• Culpa the Moth Mage
      Editing a comment
      Nah, bro, that's just what it looks like trying to work multiple jobs in Trump's America. :/
      It's bananas out there.

Originally posted by Cid View Post
    Sounds like you claimed an exemption that you shouldn't have claimed. I'd recommend going to HR at both jobs and seeing how you're handling those. Most people will likely claim no exemptions.
    I thought exemptions were no more

Comment

Originally posted by OsamaBinBallin View Post
      I thought exemptions were no more
      No, they're standard tax practice. You get certain cuts pending on how you set it up with your employer. If you take exemptions that you later don't claim when filing your taxes (like taking an exemption for a dependent when you don't actually have one) you end up not paying enough taxes through the year and have to pay on federal.

So definitely get that looked at. You should never have to pay federal anything if you did those exemptions correctly. If you don't fully understand them, it's typically best to claim no exemptions and just be pleasantly surprised with your refund the following year.

Comment

• OsamaBinBallin
        OsamaBinBallin commented
        Editing a comment
        Im not paying federal. Federal is giving me like 400

I'll give some income taxes and by that I mean my dick is incoming toward your face to slap it. I'll be taking that 700 dollars now.
      Originally posted by Kajin_Style
      I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
        I'll give some income taxes and by that I mean my dick is incoming toward your face to slap it. I'll be taking that 700 dollars now.
        *Sob*
        Here ya go

Comment

Working...
        X