X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How is it a failure if that was the intention

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Where are you getting that 65 million number from?

I don’t think if we ended abortion right now we’d instantly be flooded with an extra 65 million kids, lol. It’d probably be something like a million or so every year...
      I was arguing from the perspective of if it never existed, I suppose.
      Originally posted by Wade
      We can't be supreme while also supporting inclusiveness

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

I was arguing from the perspective of if it never existed, I suppose.
        Okay, yeah, there’s a bit more of a point there.

Although I think 30 million is a better estimate in that case; the lack of availability of abortion would probably influence people’s habits a bit more.

That, and a considerable number of those parents would probably take the kid rather than dump em in an orphanage...which would also influence the numbers.
        Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; July 8th, 2019, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Although I think 30 million is a better estimate in that case; the lack of availability of abortion would probably influence people’s habits a bit more.

That, and a considerable number of those parents would probably take the kid rather than dump em in an orphanage...which would also influence the numbers.
          There's also the temporal issue of some of these kids that would now be retired, as others would just be born. It's a bad argument, lol.

Still, anyone that's pro-life but won't touch adoption issues is an idiot.

Comment

Nope.

Condoms, spermicide, and all these other birth control methods would still exist and people would still have sex regardless. You can't change that behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

Nope.

Condoms, spermicide, and all these other birth control methods would still exist and people would still have sex regardless. You can't change that behavior.
              I'm a 38 years old virgin, and there are any number of Catholic priests who remain celibate, so yes, you can change that behavior if you actually want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Wade View Post

I'm a 38 years old virgin, and there are any number of Catholic priests who remain celibate, so yes, you can change that behavior if you actually want to.
                Yes if I want to. That's your hardest selling point. Making people want it and then do it. We could barely get people to vote, exercise and eat healthy. You think they'll want to control their one impulse that makes them feel good and loved? No way, ain't happening.

Comment

Trust me, I got this figured out
                  You literally just claimed that you would make less money if your employer doubled your wage. I don't think you're qualified for anyone's trust. lol

I'm a 38 years old virgin
                  lol

Comment

You told us you were trying to learn Chinese so you could pick up Asian girls. You're not a 38 year old virgin by choice.

Comment

You told us you were trying to learn Chinese so you could pick up Asian girls. You're not a 38 year old virgin by choice.
                      Rubbing salt in the wound... I (dis)approve.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

You literally just claimed that you would make less money if your employer doubled your wage. I don't think you're qualified for anyone's trust. lol

lol
                        My wage is less than a third of what I make.

I actually got tipped more back when minimum wage was $5.15. I made 25k per year back then and inflation adjusted it was worth almost what 50k is worth now. I only make about 20k right now working almost the same hours. If not for social security and medicare I wouldn't be able to afford my medications for nerve pain and such.

People tipped twice as much when the minimum wage was $5.15, so yes, I had literally more income and about two times the purchasing power when minimum wage was less.

Been there and done that, I know how it works kid.

If the minimum wage was doubled, I'd definitely make less total spendable income.

When minimum wage is increased, the cost of EVERYTHING increases.

With a minimum wage of $7.25/hr labor is already 35% of the cost of operating a Pizza Hut on "good days". On slow days labor is as much as 75% of the cost of operation. If you increased the minimum wage to $15/hr like Bernie Sanders wants, the cost of operation of a pizza parlour would nearly double. They'd have to increases their prices by a couple dollars per item just to stay afloat....AND Customers would be less likely to pay a big tip, because the total cost of an average order would about $10 more at least.

I know how it works. People actually tip less now than they did 20 years ago when minimum wage was $5.15 and the price of Gasoline was $0.95 per gallon.

If you want to help low wage earners, increase the Earned Income Credit, as it redistributes the wealth without inflating the Dollar. Although I would change it somewhat, as the way it currently works it mainly benefits irresponsible parents rather than people like myself who have low income because of chronic illness making most forms of employment impractical. I work 38-40 hours per week, so even though I don't have children, I qualify for some EIC, but driving is actually very tiresome work for 8 hours per day, but I do it for the flexible scheduling mostly. Half of My Mondays are spent at the doctor's office or Nurse Practitioner's office.
                        Last edited by Wade; July 9th, 2019, 09:05 AM.

Comment

I don't believe in premarital sex, never have an never will. You're taking a warped view from the world and projecting it onto something I said, which you don't understand.

Comment

Wade- the reason why people tip less now than when they did is probably because back then they had more spending power. Since then, the actual value of wages has gone down for everybody, which means that less and less people are gonna be generous tippers. Give them extra money, they'll send more towards their servers. The problem is keeping the value from dipping.

Also, as for the whole sex thing, that came off a little harder than I meant it. My point stands, though, until you actually resist any temptation to have (consensual) sex.

Comment

Wade- the reason why people tip less now than when they did is probably because back then they had more spending power. Since then, the actual value of wages has gone down for everybody, which means that less and less people are gonna be generous tippers. Give them extra money, they'll send more towards their servers. The problem is keeping the value from dipping.

Also, as for the whole sex thing, that came off a little harder than I meant it. My point stands, though, until you actually resist any temptation to have (consensual) sex.
                              Anyway, on the Minimum Wage thing, I think it would be more useful to decrease the Minimum Wage back to about $5.15/h, but increase the EIC, as the value of the dollar would be higher.

Also I'd have an earmark so that drivers who make tip income are paid the full minimum wage instead of the "server wage" bull crap they currently get paid. I end up making about 15 to 18 per hour on Saturday, but as little as $10 per hour on other days, because of the way the wages really work vs what I consider "fair". The changes I'd suggest would make the job actually pay what it advertises.

Comment

Anyway, on the Minimum Wage thing, I think it would be more useful to decrease the Minimum Wage back to about $5.15/h, but increase the EIC, as the value of the dollar would be higher.

Also I'd have an earmark so that drivers who make tip income are paid the full minimum wage instead of the "server wage" bull crap they currently get paid. I end up making about 15 to 18 per hour on Saturday, but as little as $10 per hour on other days, because of the way the wages really work vs what I consider "fair". The changes I'd suggest would make the job actually pay what it advertises.
                                So uh... I earn $9.86 an hour at the grocery store I work at. You're gonna cut my wages almost in half, so I get a tax credit back? I already can't pay my bills with that job alone, that would make it basically just a hobby.

The problem isn't the strength of a single dollar. The problem is the proportion of dollars going to people that need them, vs. the people that don't. If you want a living wage, you don't throttle income.

Comment

you're gonna make some lucky lady very happy someday man don't give up
                                  Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                                  I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

People actually tip less now than they did 20 years ago when minimum wage was $5.15 and the price of Gasoline was $0.95 per gallon.
                                    You almost had a competent thought here. So close... Let me help you out.

In 1999, the average price of gasoline was about $1 per gallon. The minimum wage was $5.15 an hour. Adjust both for inflation and you get about $1.50 for gas and a minimum wage of $7.92/hr

In 2019, the average price of gasoline is about $3 per gallon. The minimum wage is $7.25 an hour.

Gee, I wonder why people tipped more back then? Might have had something to do with the fact that they paid less for everything and made more money than they do now.

Comment

It has come to a point where you just have to stop accepting whatever low wage job they offer and tell them flat out, "No that isn't enough to even survive on." and just walk away.

I've worked as a supervisor in a restaurant and made $7.50 an hour. Worked in a bank doing data entry: $10.25. Worked in a warehouse for car brake refurbishing company and made $10.50. Worked as a security guard at the Navy Yard -- $10.50. Then I got offered a security job at the shipping yard nearby -- $9.25 an hour BUT I could do 60hrs easy a week, easy over time bro. LOL.. yea... fuck that. It was then I realized, no one gives a shit about employees. They just want what is best for their bottom line.

Fuck your benefits, fuck your medicare, you get none of that shit working what should be respectable jobs. Meanwhile bills pile up, rent goes up, student loans keep nagging ya and god forbid something breaks in your car or in your house. God forbid you have to make that hard decision of paying your bills or buying a new pair of shoes cause your old ones are falling aparts. Yea! Those were some dark times bro.

But ya know, let's not put in some checks and balances to make sure companies or the government takes care of our citizens and treats them right. Richest nation on the planet can't afford some god damn basic medicare while every other developed and developing nation has it. Even fucking Pakistan and Portugal has universal healthcare! http://worldpopulationreview.com/cou...sal-healthcare.

Anyway, yea... don't be taking those shit wages. If that's all you get, go make a living on welfare until you find your way with better education or a job that pays you fairly. I'm serious! No shame in doing it. No shame in fucking over the system that already long fucked you in the ass long before any of us reached the workforce.

PS: Any curious. I am doing good. Making a good $600-$1000+ a week doing some free lancing work for a few days. Then spent the rest of my week studying. Eventually I'll learn enough about programming to make the big bucks.

Comment

Working...
                                      X