Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Proof Trump’s tax cuts was a failure.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Proof Trump’s tax cuts was a failure.

    “There is no indication of a surge in wages in 2018 either compared to history or relative to GDP growth.” Real wages (that is, adjusted for inflation) increased by only 1.2% in 2018. “Ordinary workers had very little growth in wage rates.”

    Corporate shareholders, however, have made out great. The repatriated earnings mostly have been used for “a record-breaking amount of stock buybacks, with $1 trillion announced by the end of 2018.” As the CRS notes tactlessly, the same phenomenon occurred in 2004, when a one-time tax holiday allowed companies to bring back earnings stashed abroad at a lower rate. That tax holiday had been promoted as a spur to investment and wage growth too. Never happened.

    The bottom line, then, is becoming clearer with every quarter. The tax cuts did almost nothing for ordinary Americans and may even have cost them money. The apparent gains in their income were negligible and short-lived. Wealthy Americans reaped the benefits of lower taxes and higher dividends. The cuts had a negligible effect on U.S. economic growth while depriving the government of revenue.

    https://www.latimes.com/business/hil...529-story.html
    If reading is too hard, here is a 90 second video:






    The report everything is based on is here: https://www.everycrsreport.com/files...731791d60f26d7 5d35f4.pdf



    #2
    The millionaires tax and the Carbon Tax would go a long way to paying down the Federal Debt

    I am in a bind though. I can't vote for dummycrats, because they promote abortion and homosexuality.

    but here's a quote from the bible, "The wicked borrows and does not pay again."

    Sounds a lot like the Republicans, who also worship God in pretense rather than in pureness of Heart.

    So both political parties are wicked, according to he Bible.

    Comment


      #3
      See, I'd raise taxes like this:

      - tax all income above $500k at 5% higher than the current bracket, then I'd tax all income above $1 million at 10% above the current highest bracket.

      -10% Value Added Tax starting at 3% in the first year, and phasing in by 1% per year for the next 7 years. Citrus fruit products and most medications and other medical supplies would be exempt from this.

      -Fat Tax of 1 cent per gram of fat in all foods. Proceeds go to social security and medicare.

      -Sugar tax of 1 cent per gram of sugar in all foods. Proceeds go to social security and medicare.

      -Direct Tax on Fat people, starts at $500 per person at Body Mass Index 31, and adds $100 per person for every point above 31.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Wade View Post
        -10% Value Added Tax starting at 3% in the first year, and phasing in by 1% per year for the next 7 years. Citrus fruit products and most medications and other medical supplies would be exempt from this.

        -Fat Tax of 1 cent per gram of fat in all foods. Proceeds go to social security and medicare.

        -Sugar tax of 1 cent per gram of sugar in all foods. Proceeds go to social security and medicare.

        -Direct Tax on Fat people, starts at $500 per person at Body Mass Index 31, and adds $100 per person for every point above 31.
        Imagine wanting to tax people for both eating healthy and for being fat instead of just passing a fair tax code that takes the burden from the poor and places it on the wealthy.

        Comment


          #5
          I made more money monthly and got a bigger tax return. I love Trump. Lol
          Originally posted by Snap
          "man you always know what to get me for my birthday, you really are a nigger"

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Wade View Post
            The millionaires tax and the Carbon Tax would go a long way to paying down the Federal Debt

            I am in a bind though. I can't vote for dummycrats, because they promote abortion and homosexuality.

            but here's a quote from the bible, "The wicked borrows and does not pay again."

            Sounds a lot like the Republicans, who also worship God in pretense rather than in pureness of Heart.

            So both political parties are wicked, according to he Bible.
            Vote for Bernie sanders, a lot of ppl seem to like him, he fights for the little guy and he's an independent party

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Chara View Post

              Vote for Bernie sanders, a lot of ppl seem to like him, he fights for the little guy and he's an independent party
              Wade can't do that. Bernie believes in a woman's right to choose whose child they bare. Wade would much prefer his rape babies get to grow up.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Cid View Post

                Wade can't do that. Bernie believes in a woman's right to choose whose child they bare. Wade would much prefer his rape babies get to grow up.
                I mean, abortion isn't great, so I understand, but I've also accepted that I'm not qualified to make other people's decisions.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Chara View Post
                  I've also accepted that I'm not qualified to make other people's decisions.
                  We're talking about Wade, remember.
                  Originally posted by Wade
                  Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Chara View Post

                    I mean, abortion isn't great, so I understand, but I've also accepted that I'm not qualified to make other people's decisions.
                    Congrats, you're a better person and more mature than Wade.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Cid View Post

                      Wade can't do that. Bernie believes in a woman's right to choose whose child they bare. Wade would much prefer his rape babies get to grow up.
                      There have been over 65 milllion "legal" abortions since Roe v. Wade, and nearly that many "illegal" abortions since Roe v. Wade.

                      How many of these do you think were rape victims?

                      I know of a certain woman at a church I attended who was raped and got pregnant, and she kept the child and it was an absolutely gorgeous white/black mixed ethnicity girl.


                      You're right, I don't believe in a woman's "right" to choose. She could carry the child to term and put them up for adoption.

                      Talk about dead-beat dads, let's talk about dead-beat mothers; They're baby killers and the True Creator is going to hold their blood on their own hands; they have been warned.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Chara View Post

                        Vote for Bernie sanders, a lot of ppl seem to like him, he fights for the little guy and he's an independent party
                        Bernie Sanders wants a $15 per hour minimum wage.

                        I'm a pizza delivery driver. I'd actually make less spendable money if the minimum wage was that high, because the purchasing power of tip income would go down.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Wade View Post

                          There have been over 65 milllion "legal" abortions since Roe v. Wade, and nearly that many "illegal" abortions since Roe v. Wade.

                          How many of these do you think were rape victims?

                          I know of a certain woman at a church I attended who was raped and got pregnant, and she kept the child and it was an absolutely gorgeous white/black mixed ethnicity girl.


                          You're right, I don't believe in a woman's "right" to choose. She could carry the child to term and put them up for adoption.

                          Talk about dead-beat dads, let's talk about dead-beat mothers; They're baby killers and the True Creator is going to hold their blood on their own hands; they have been warned.
                          They've not been warned because they don't read T5. Also you're the only one single person on the planet who calls God the true creator and not God. Lol

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Wade View Post
                            You're right, I don't believe in a woman's "right" to choose. She could carry the child to term and put them up for adoption..
                            So what would you do about the excessive numbers of kids put up for adoption? Nobody in America wants to adopt anybody, we can't handle the kids we have now. What're we gonna do with another 65 million neglected kids?

                            We'll end up seeing more crime and another huge boost to the debt you'd try to put back down.
                            Originally posted by Wade
                            Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Wade View Post

                              Bernie Sanders wants a $15 per hour minimum wage.

                              I'm a pizza delivery driver. I'd actually make less spendable money if the minimum wage was that high, because the purchasing power of tip income would go down.
                              I doubt it. People who tip you won't stop to think about how much money you are making before they tip you. They'll just tip you as normal, because that is their habit.


                              The benefit of $15 min wage is the wages of all other jobs start going up. Why be a computer technician for $15 an hour when you can flip burgers, chill at a cash register or be a security guard in a booth for $15 an hour.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by Cid View Post

                                Imagine wanting to tax people for both eating healthy and for being fat instead of just passing a fair tax code that takes the burden from the poor and places it on the wealthy.
                                There would be some sort of rebate/refund for the lower 1/3rd of wage earners. Trust me, I got this figured out, I wouldn't be hurting the poor at all. But there has to be a phase in, like Earned Income Credit does, so poor people keep trying to better themselves, otherwise they'd all just sit around and mooch off Uncle Sam.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                                  So what would you do about the excessive numbers of kids put up for adoption? Nobody in America wants to adopt anybody, we can't handle the kids we have now. What're we gonna do with another 65 million neglected kids?

                                  We'll end up seeing more crime and another huge boost to the debt you'd try to put back down.
                                  Abortion is a crime against humanity. Why can't you see that? Abortion is worse than the petty theft of a few gang members.

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    .

                                    Originally posted by Wade View Post

                                    Abortion is a crime against humanity. Why can't you see that? Abortion is worse than the petty theft of a few gang members.
                                    You might have an argument if you had literally any contingency plan for 65 million kids, the vast majority of which will never be adopted, suddenly clogging up the system.

                                    I was about to start looking up statistics to see how this scenario would play out, but why bother? You don't concede points, you just pretend no one made them.
                                    Originally posted by Wade
                                    Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                                      So what would you do about the excessive numbers of kids put up for adoption? Nobody in America wants to adopt anybody, we can't handle the kids we have now. What're we gonna do with another 65 million neglected kids?

                                      We'll end up seeing more crime and another huge boost to the debt you'd try to put back down.
                                      Where are you getting that 65 million number from?

                                      I don’t think if we ended abortion right now we’d instantly be flooded with an extra 65 million kids, lol. It’d probably be something like a million or so every year...
                                      Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; July 8th, 2019, 03:00 PM.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

                                        Where are you getting that 65 million number from?

                                        I don’t think if we ended abortion right now we’d instantly be flooded with an extra 65 million kids, lol. It’d probably be something like a million or so every year...
                                        It's around a million per year, yes.

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X