Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Julian Assange a hero or a public menace?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Julian Assange a hero or a public menace?

As you all know, the Asausage, founder of WikiLeaks and possible rapist was taken from the Ecuadorian embassy in London and arrested on Thursday. The UK is going to extradite him to the U.S, but interestingly, the U.S prosecutors are most likely only going to charge him with “unlawful computer intrusion”, instead of for releasing government secrets. Are his actions just an expression of freedom of the press? Does he present a danger to the public? Is he a hero releasing the information the government doesn’t want you to hear, a reckless narcissist who only cares about himself, or something in between?

Originally posted by Augustus Caesar View Post
    As you all know, the Asausage, founder of WikiLeaks and possible rapist was taken from the Ecuadorian embassy in London and arrested on Thursday. The UK is going to extradite him to the U.S, but interestingly, the U.S prosecutors are most likely only going to charge him with “unlawful computer intrusion”, instead of for releasing government secrets. Are his actions just an expression of freedom of the press? Does he present a danger to the public? Is he a hero releasing the information the government doesn’t want you to hear, a reckless narcissist who only cares about himself, or something in between?
    Yes

Comment

I've heard he released information that would have actually aided ISIS and other terror groups in fighting US soldiers. I'm not a fan of the wars (I'm really not), but uhhh...

If that's true, that's kind of a bad thing to do, lol.

On the other hand, stuff like releasing info on what the Democrats did to Bernie is something that should have been released.

Sooooo...

Probably something in-between.

I like the concept of WikiLeaks, but I think it would be better suited towards exposing government corruption than, if I'm correct, helping out ISIS to try and get at our boys overseas.

Comment

Is he a reckless narcissist
        Yes...
        who only cares about himself?
        ...but no. Regardless of his motivations, he's the closest thing we have to a champion of truth.

Comment

He is a legend. All the faggoty little Americucks bitching can suck it. Fucking cucklords.

Comment

"how dare he expose our war crimes?!"

Comment

• RussianCoffeeAddict
              Editing a comment
              It's one thing to expose war crimes, it's another to directly put American soldiers in jeopardy (which exposing war crimes does not need to involve).

Because contrary to the opinions of people like Gunboat Diplomat, not every US soldier is an evil monster that eats Afghan children, lol.
              Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; April 12th, 2019, 11:14 AM.

• Louay
              Louay commented
              Editing a comment
              According to the Pentagon there hasn't been a single case of death or damage to anyone as a result of the leaks, which makes sense because if you look at said leaks the first that'll come to your mind is "this is being blown way out of proportions." No one was ever going to get hurt from this.
              And let's not act like "putting soldiers in jeopardy" (which again is a false narrative) is the real reason for the extradition lol.

Interesting how the media closes ranks to crucify people like Snowden and Assange, innit

Comment

Originally posted by King Solomon View Post
              He is a legend. All the faggoty little Americucks bitching can suck it. Fucking cucklords.
              Don't forget to breathe my guy

Comment

A hacker by another name is still a hacker. Regardless of what information he released to the public or how beneficial it is for us to know he still broke the law. Secondly the information he released was damaging to our own war efforts which is... well a dick move. Like I get wanting to release dirt on corrupt politicians or war crimes but a bit of editing and he could've saved our military some additional headaches.

However, here's the other thing. He released dirt about the Left, which is good they don't mind cleaning house and they do it on a regular basis most of the time. Yet where is the fucking dirt on the Right? The kind that will make some of these puppets for the oil industry resign. Where's that dirt? Oh... you telling me you don't have any? Oh you didn't find any? All this time? With that name name recognition no one dropped you any truth bombs about the Right?

Get the fuck out of here... there's no way. He is getting what he deserves.

Plus, plus. The fucker couldn't properly take care of his cat. He deserves to rot in hell!

The new rules -- seen by CNN and first published by Ecuadorean website Codigo Vidrio -- stipulate that if the cat's welfare is not improved, the head of the embassy will request that Assange give the feline to another person or rehouse it.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/31/uk/ju...ntl/index.html
                What kind of pathetic lowlife must you be to be unable to take care of a cat. It is so easy! Feed it, change the litter box, give it toys, play with it for 5 mins, leave it be. It ain't fucking rocket science.

Comment

• Louay
                  Louay commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You forgot the /s

• Kajin_Style
                  Kajin_Style commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Look up studies about people who can't take care of animals or intentionally hurts them. Infact here it is:

“Over the past 25 years, researchers and professionals in a variety of human services and animal welfare disciplines have established significant correlations between animal abuse, child abuse and neglect, domestic violence, elder abuse, and other forms of violence,” Hopman says.
                  https://www.southuniversity.edu/whow...exposed-115795

Louay

Originally posted by Kai’ckul View Post
                Interesting how the media closes ranks to crucify people like Snowden and Assange, innit
                Snowden's actually a pretty great guy by any stretch of the imagination TBQH. All he did was release information on a surveillance program we previously had basically no knowledge of. Releasing info on shady gov business = A-Ok in my book. He has basically no dirt on him.

As I and Kajin have stated, though, Assange just released info on US military affairs willy-nilly.

Now it's one thing to release info on war-crimes or legit shady gov stuff as regards the wars (which he apparently did some of), but I don't think the families of any soldiers overseas would have good things to say to ol' Assange about putting their boys in more danger than they already were, which is not a pre-req to exposing war crimes...
                Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; April 12th, 2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Snowden's actually a pretty great guy by any stretch of the imagination TBQH. All he did was release information on a surveillance program we previously had basically no knowledge of. Releasing info on shady gov business = A-Ok in my book. He has basically no dirt on him.

As I and Kajin have stated, though, Assange just released info on US military affairs willy-nilly.

Now it's one thing to release info on war-crimes or legit shady gov stuff as regards the wars (which he apparently did some of), but I don't think the families of any soldiers overseas would have good things to say to ol' Assange about putting their boys in more danger than they already were, which is not a pre-req to exposing war crimes...
                  This, also the fact the he was using his image as a whistleblower to also shill for politicians is pretty lame as well.

Comment

the overall consensus seems to be that he's a spaz, but a good spaz more often than not. i'm personally fine with this as long as his spergery doesn't reach Sargon levels of self-absorbed autism, though it is lamentable that such a high correlation between idealism and narcissism continues to persist. i guess, as social creatures, such a thing might just be an inescapable consequence.

i would strongly advise against bringing the whole rape thing against him though. keep in mind the meme country that is Sweden has an insanely broad definition of rape, which is why the mass migration of pajeets and adebowales sent the rape statistics skyrocketing even though many cases of "rape" ranged between catcalling to a quick cop on the metro

in Assange's case, it seems the wamen involved in the consensual acts suffered a bit of buyer's remorse after catching the clap

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Assa...tion_Authority

Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                    Completely denouncing every bit of evidence I present WITHOUT any counter evidence to point to the contrary is not logic; it's outright denial.
                    Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                    I'm sure you'll come up with some debunking excuse.

Comment

But he fled the Land of the FReee and is busy avoiding in Mother Russia, so he's a Commie.

Comment

But he fled the Land of the FReee and is busy avoiding in Mother Russia, so he's a Commie.
                        I’m not an uber patriot (anymore, at least).

So you can quit with this.

Comment

I’m not an uber patriot (anymore, at least).

So you can quit with this.
                          But you still hate Commies or summat

...right?

Comment

But you still hate Commies
                            I still think they suck, yes.

Comment

I still think they suck, yes.
                              Well, OK, then

My initial response still applies

Comment

Well, OK, then

My initial response still applies
                                Not sure what your point is, then.

Comment

Not sure what your point is, then.
                                  That, as a loathsome Commie and your sworn enemy, Snowden isn't a "pretty great guy"...?

Comment

Dust off the guillotine for the traitorous wog, and anyone who sympathizes with him deserve the same

Comment

Working...
                                    X