Is Racial Pride acceptable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
    I hate that this thread turned into a 3 page affair littered with twerking senators.
    America would be much, much better if more senators twerked, tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

America would be much, much better if more senators twerked, tbh.
      And had nanomachine-augmented fights on top of giant spider robots while they have their political debates.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Oh yeah, this set was worth it.

So.

So.

Worth it.
        It's mostly a conversation deterrent, I would say.

Comment

It's mostly a conversation deterrent, I would say.
          TBF I'll probably put on a normal Armstrong set after like a week. Can't have this twerking senator on it forever.

In the meantime, though...

Comment

And had nanomachine-augmented fights on top of giant spider robots while they have their political debates.
            It would certainly make the debates more interesting.

Comment

Interesting.

Could have sworn that using your own two hands to achieve things was...technically something you had control over...but...I guess I was wrong.
              Do you believe in free will, RCA?

Comment

"The debate... should be on... the ISSUES!" yells Bernie Sandroid as he shoulders President Donbot through an office building.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

Do you believe in free will, RCA?
                  Yes, I do.

Do you think I shouldn't...?

Comment

"The debate... should be on... the ISSUES!" yells Bernie Sandroid as he shoulders President Donbot through an office building.

See, these guys know what's up.

Comment

Yes, I do.

Do you think I shouldn't...?
                      Yes, though not in the way you're thinking, most likely.

Let's go through a little thought experiment...Think about any moment in your life, any moment at all where you've thought to yourself "boy, I wish I'd done something differently there". Let's say we put you back in that spot again, under the exact same circumstances and with the exact same knowledge you had to act on back then. Can you give me a reason that you would have acted any differently at all, if that event had been replayed?

Comment

Factually incorrect.
                        Oh boy.

This is the Book of Gates, an Egyptian painting that has been found in many tombs depicting the four main races of Egypt:

Najovits (page 317-onwards) details the racial awareness and harsh superiority complex the Egyptians felt over not only the Nubians but the other 2 races as well:
                        A quote would have been nice. So I read what you seem to be taking about and then I came upon this:

"However, it is important to note that the Egyptians did not single out theNubians in what today we would call racism"

Oh boy, oof.

Not only that but I looked up your image and it took me to this site:

"" The ancient Egyptians were quite conscious of the cultural differences between them and their three closest neighbors – the Canaanites, Nubians, and Libyans. Although the Egyptians, for the most part, were xenophobic toward these peoples and almost always depicted them negatively in art and texts, there is little doubt that they influenced the course of pharaonic history.""

"Culturally, the ancient Libyans were pastoral people who herded their cattle from oasis to oasis and sometimes to the coast. In their art, the Egyptians usually depicted the Libyans with light complexions and sometimes with blue eyes, but almost always with dark hair and often with their herds. It may be the Libyans’ herding background that played a role in their often negative representations in Egyptian art, as the Egyptians were a sedentary people who viewed desert-dwelling nomads as chaotic. "

" Both the Meshwesh and Libu were more culturally sophisticated than the other Libyan tribes to the point where they sometimes traded with the Egyptians as somewhat equal partners."

And it goes on, but it proves my point.

People used to identify their success due to their culture, like the ancient greeks, which has more basis and is much more credible. But western Europeans and americans don't have a millennial culture that is great. They tried to hop on Greek culture as being European but it really isn't and I think there is awareness of this so it's really not reference that much.
                        https://dailyhistory.org/How_Did_the...cient_Egypt%3F

"Race-blind" children are aware of ethnic differences well before they learn of its historical or soceital significance:

Humans are highly visual creatures. The sooner you all come to terms with that, the sooner you can actually operate in the real world.
                        We already had this debate to which I showed that it all depends how isolated the kids are growing up to other races, it's nothing inherent. It amazes me you still bring this up.

I never denied that, lol.
                        Last edited by #83.6666666667; March 10th, 2019, 11:24 PM.

Comment

Interesting.

Could have sworn that using your own two hands to achieve things was...technically something you had control over...but...I guess I was wrong.
                          He thinks everything is due to genetics. So he naturally thinks that white people have a higher IQ than blacks or browns and that there is no getting around that.

Comment

I don't really have pride in anything so it doesn't matter

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

Oh boy.

A quote would have been nice. So I read what you seem to be taking about and then I came upon this:

"However, it is important to note that the Egyptians did not single out theNubians in what today we would call racism"

Oh boy, oof.
                              You're seriously going to quote-mine when the source link is right there?

At several points in their history, notably during Nubian rule of Egypt (c. 747–656 BC), the Nubians ardently desired to be Egyptian, but the Egyptians hardly ever respected this desire. It is beyond doubt that the Egyptians consistently affirmed that they were a different and superior people and race from all their neighbors, including the Nubians and the Bantus. It is beyond doubt that the Egyptians were consis-tently preoccupied with maintaining separateness between themselves and all others. However, it is important to note that the Egyptians did not single out the Nubians in what today we would call racism; for the Egyptians, all foreigners, Nubian, Libyan, Bantu or Asian, were “wretched” and “miserable.” The ancient Egyptians were across-the-board racists!

Like, how much of a disgusting reprobate are you. Holy shit.

Not only that but I looked up your image and it took me to this site:

"" [H][U][I][B]The ancient Egyptians were quite conscious of the cultural differences between them and their three closest neighbors – [/B][/I][/U][/H]the Canaanites, Nubians, and Libyans. Although the Egyptians, for the most part, were xenophobic toward these peoples and almost always depicted them negatively in art and texts, there is little doubt that they influenced the course of pharaonic history.""

"Culturally, the ancient Libyans were pastoral people who herded their cattle from oasis to oasis and sometimes to the coast. In their art, the Egyptians usually depicted the Libyans with light complexions and sometimes with blue eyes, but almost always with dark hair and often with their herds. It may be the Libyans’ herding background that played a role in their often negative representations in Egyptian art, as the Egyptians were a sedentary people who viewed desert-dwelling nomads as chaotic. [SIZE=10px]"

" [/SIZE]Both the Meshwesh and Libu were more culturally sophisticated than the other Libyan tribes to the point where they sometimes traded with the Egyptians as somewhat equal partners."

And it goes on, but it proves my point.
                              It literally doesn't. You copied and pasted a block of text and highlighted parts you either misinterpreted or simply out of random. I legitimately can't tell which, but I'm not going to give you the benefit of the doubt at all and I'm just going to assume you're being dishonest, because this quote literally starts off with saying the Egyptians were xenophobic.

We already had this debate to which I showed that it all depends how isolated the kids are growing up to other races, it's nothing inherent. It amazes me you still bring this up.

I never denied that, lol.
                              Exposure to other races is what leads to these comments in the first place. I don't know what you think that conversation was about, your statements are all making absolutely no sense at all..
                              Last edited by Helly; March 10th, 2019, 11:29 PM.

Comment

Yes, though not in the way you're thinking, most likely.

Let's go through a little thought experiment...Think about any moment in your life, any moment at all where you've thought to yourself "boy, I wish I'd done something differently there". Let's say we put you back in that spot again, undervthe exact same circumstances and with the exact same knowledge you had to act on back then. Can you give me a reason that you would have acted any differently at all, if that event had been replayed?
                                Yes, we all go off of what we have at the moment, but how do you fully explain the human condition without free will?

Let's take personal responsibility.

If someone chooses to murder, do we absolve them of their personal responsibility for the act? The case is that a guy killed another person. The logical response becomes "well, it was inevitable because we don't have free will, you know, but I really like not having to deal with the chances of blood on the streets making me slip and fall on my face, so lock him up"...? And if it was an inevitability of the cosmic random number generator...why put any REAL fault on the guy for what he did? Why even feel hate for such a person? It's just him doing what was...inevitable.

What logic would warrant hating such a person, that isn't rooted in purely subjective standards, if we assume there is no such thing as free will? He's merely playing his own part in the act of life...he's not really someone with any actual autonomy. He's basically just a robot. A really complex robot, but one nonetheless.

It'd be fundamentally illogical to feel any sort of negative emotion towards such a person for something that wasn't really their choice in the first place, someone with no more autonomy over their actions than someone who didn't stab Jennie with a knife 27 times. And if you feel that fire in your chest, stop it, it's the programming telling you to engage in this technically illogical behavior.

Here's another conundrum...

If I threaten someone with force to kill somebody, let's say, threatening to torture a 5-year-old kid in front of the person until he decides to kill 30-year-old Bob across the street, and the person does so, and someone else kills 31-year-old Mike that he's never seen before in his life without the threat of force involved behind that decision...aren't these individuals simply equally responsible for what they did because they don't have any free will to begin with?
                                Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 10th, 2019, 11:37 PM.

Comment

You're seriously going to cherrypick when the source link is right there?

However, it is important to note that the Egyptians did not single out the Nubians in what today we would call racism; for the Egyptians, all foreigners, Nubian, Libyan, Bantu or Asian, were “wretched” and “miserable.” [b]The ancient Egyptians were across-the-board racists![/b]
                                  Like, how much of a disgusting reprobate are you. Holy shit.

It literally doesn't. You copied and pasted a block of text and highlighted parts you either misinterpreted or simply out of random. I legitimately can't tell which, but I'm not going to give you the benefit of the doubt at all and I'm just going to assume you're being dishonest, because this quote literally starts off with saying the Egyptians were xenophobic.

Exposure to other races is what leads to these comments in the first place. I don't know what you think that conversation was about, your statements are all making absolutely no sense at all..
                                  If that complete sentence makes sense to you then great, but it clearly said that they weren't racist as to the form he have today.

He later goes onto say they were racist to everyone, yet that makes no sense, unless you view it as cultural superiority. That's what he seems to explain and later the website I linked backs.

Yeah, you might want to look up the word xenophobe. It's not a synonym for racist.

And you can read the source. The first few paragraphs is what I copied. I didn't dig into pages and pages it was at the top.

Did you already forget the debate we had? At a baby early stage they grow closer to whoever raised them or was close to them during the early stages. Later as kids they grow further apart from other people.

Comment

Yes, we all go off of what we have at the moment, but how do you fully explain the human condition without free will?

Let's take personal responsibility.

If someone chooses to murder, do we absolve them of their personal responsibility for the act? Say "well, it was inevitable because we don't have free will, you know, but I really like not having to deal with blood on the streets making me trip and smack my face, so lock him up"...? And if it was an inevitability of the cosmic random number generator...why put any REAL fault on the guy for what he did? Why even feel hate for such a person? It's just him doing what was...inevitable.

What logic would warrant hating such a person, that isn't rooted in purely subjective standards, if we assume there is no such thing as free will? He's merely playing his own part in the act of life...he's not really someone with any actual autonomy. He's basically just a robot. A really complex robot, but one nonetheless.

It'd be fundamentally illogical to feel any sort of negative emotion towards such a person for something that wasn't really their choice in the first place, someone with no more autonomy over their actions than someone who didn't stab Jennie with a knife 27 times.

Here's another conundrum...

If I threaten someone with force to kill somebody, let's say, threatening to torture a 5-year-old kid in front of the person until he decides to kill 30-year-old Bob across the street, and the person does so, and someone else kills 31-year-old Mike that he's never seen before in his life without the threat of force involved behind that decision...aren't these individuals simply equally responsible for what they did because they don't have any free will to begin with?
                                    Don't misunderstand - I'm not saying we should treat people as automatons, not at all. I'm well aware of the consequences. I'm simply pointing out the flaw in the reasoning of "being proud that you were born into a set of circumstances is silly and dumb". Ultimately, everyone simply is a victim of circumstance, and so the refutation of being proud of a series of events that your brain reacted to makes no sense.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

If that complete sentence makes sense to you then great, but it clearly said that they weren't racist as to the form he have today.
                                      You're right, it says they were much worse.

gj

He later goes onto say they were racist to everyone, yet that makes no sense
                                      imagine getting btfo so hard that simple sentences stop making sense to you.

Yeah, you might want to look up the word xenophobe. It's not a synonym for racist.
                                      It is in this case. Moreover, even if I grant you this point out of pity, this doesn't solve the issue of their depiction of Nubians or Asians....because the wiki article you linked is solely about Libyans

And you can read the source. The first few paragraphs is what I copied. I didn't dig into pages and pages it was at the top.

Did you already forget the debate we had? At a baby early stage they grow closer to whoever raised them or was close to them during the early stages. Later as kids they grow further apart from other people.
                                      It's irrelevant; I don't need to.

You still don't get it. I'm talking about racial awareness, period, not the pet theory the researchers had to remedy it.

Comment

Don't misunderstand - I'm not saying we should treat people as automatons, not at all. I'm well aware of the consequences. I'm simply pointing out the flaw in the reasoning of "being proud that you were born into a set of circumstances is silly and dumb". Ultimately, everyone simply is a victim of circumstance, and so the refutation of being proud of a series of events that your brain reacted to makes no sense.
                                        So should Steven Hawkins, instead of pursuing his dreams, just said fuck it and stay a semi vegetable? Should minorities just not try and better themselves because they were born in a poor family? Or am I being unfair and misrepresenting you?

Comment

You're right, it says they were much worse.

gj

imagine getting btfo so hard that simple sentences stop making sense to you.

It is in this case. Moreover, even if I grant you this point out of pity, this doesn't solve the issue of their depiction of Nubians or Asians....because the wiki article you linked is solely about Libyans

It's irrelevant; I don't need to.

You still don't get it. I'm talking about racial awareness, period, not the pet theory the researchers had to remedy it.
                                          You're literally retarded, bro. First you bring up a book by an unknown author that to this moment and after digging I could not find anything about. The little I did find made me immediately question his sanity. But I'm the one that got wrecked because I can't make out his dribble, lmao. I'm sure only another "Looney" like you could make out his nonsense so do explain what he meant with they're not racist like we know the word today but they're racist. Go on.

No it doesn't, that's not how "reality" works.
                                          What the fuck are you even talking about?

Yeah, that's exactly why you don't know what you're talking about.

No.one.ever.said.humans.can't.make.distinctions.

Comment

Working...
                                          X