Is Racial Pride acceptable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post
    I'd like to point out that this is mainly a "western" thing, to identify based on skin color. You really don't see this in countries outside the west or even less on countries that weren't colonized.
    Factually incorrect.

This is the Book of Gates, an Egyptian painting that has been found in many tombs depicting the four main races of Egypt:

Najovits (page 317-onwards) details the racial awareness and harsh superiority complex the Egyptians felt over not only the Nubians but the other 2 races as well:

https://www.scribd.com/document/3656...the-Tree-Vol-2

"Race-blind" children are aware of ethnic differences well before they learn of its historical or soceital significance:

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...re-kids-racist

Humans are highly visual creatures. The sooner you all come to terms with that, the sooner you can actually operate in the real world.

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

who cares
      Obviously not you, which is why you're a psychopath*.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
        ...isn’t that one of the red flags of a true sociopath???
        animal cruelty has become a norm for carnists, unfortunately. smh, as vegans we are burdened with the heavy charge of a truthful moral duty on our shoulders.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

animal cruelty has become a norm for carnists, unfortunately. smh, as vegans we are burdened with the heavy charge of a truthful moral duty on our shoulders.
          Shut the fuck up lmao
          Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
          Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

Shut the fuck up lmao

carnist snowflake getting TRIGGERED by logic

Comment

I literally just ate a juicy...meaty...delicious beef patty sandwich with no regrets whatsoever.

How does this make you feel?

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

I literally just ate a juicy...meaty...delicious beef patty sandwich with no regrets whatsoever.

How does this make you feel?
                i feel you arent getting enough red meat. definitely eat more, good things will happen i'm sure

Comment

Looking no further than RCA's set, I'm sure he gets twice the recommended daily intake of reddish "meat" if not more.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post
                    Looking no further than RCA's set,
                    Ah, so people do notice it.

Beautiful set, isn't it?
                    Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 10th, 2019, 08:14 PM.

Comment

bit of a loaded and/or malformed question. What context are we speaking in? In the US? In Japan? Racial pride is no more wrong than cultural or national pride.
                      Ethnicity is what I mean I suppose.

I guess if your end goal is to bring all creeds together, it's "wrong", but such a thing is unnatural in the first place.
                      Naturalistic fallacies are unwelcome in this palace. Medicine is also unnatural, not an argument, etc..

Even within the States, ethnic groups tend to bunch up together. In fact, as I've stated numerous times before, the fact that you all have such high amounts of various ethnic minorities is actually to your own detriment - people aren't incentivized to interact with each other very much when they can live in neighborhoods where everyone looks like them, which is exactly what's been happening for several years now.
                      Look up redlining, America isn't segregated by accident.

A simpler version of my answer would be "I don't care". People will do what they want to do. If you try to supplant their inclinations, they'll respond in kind by growing increasingly more fascistic. Just leave them be, who cares.
                      Just let them become more fascist because if you don't they grow more fascist? Go figure.

Comment

Originally posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
                        Ethnicity is what I mean I suppose.
                        What's the setting and end goal, is what I mean

Naturalistic fallacies are unwelcome in this palace. Medicine is also unnatural, not an argument, etc..
                        Again, what is the end goal. If you want a thorough response, I need to know why you're asking the question at all.

Look up redlining, America isn't segregated by accident.
                        Irrelevant. White flight, black flight, etc are all things that happen right now because people want to be surrounded by familiarity.

Just let them become more fascist because if you don't they grow more fascist? Go figure.
                        Reread my post. They become more fascistic as a reaction to your attempts to get in their heads. If you leave them alone and let them go their separate ways, they won't see a need for it at all.

Comment

As a carnivore, I do love to beat my meat

Comment

What's the setting and end goal, is what I mean

Again, what is the end goal. If you want a thorough response, I need to know why you're asking the question at all.
                            I'd been debating with a friend a while back on racial pride and if it should be acceptable overall regardless of who has it, or if pride should be something reserved for personal achievement. He also specifically tried to argue that white pride should be acceptable. I personally think racial pride is stupid, and while I think we should all have a level of self-respect and self-love, having this overblown sense of self-worth for being a certain race seems toxic and counter-productive IMO.

Irrelevant. White flight, black flight, etc are all things that happen right now because people want to be surrounded by familiarity.
                            LOL for you think white flight is a thing because white people cared about "familiarity". Studies show that people become more accepting of out-groups the more they're exposed to them.

Reread my post. They become more fascistic as a reaction to your attempts to get in their heads. If you leave them alone and let them go their separate ways, they won't see a need for it at all.
                            I was being facetious, I know what you meant. They become more fascistic because they're socially isolated, and have no source of information other than fox news(if they're 45+) or /pol//alt-right youtube propaganda(if they're 18-35).

Comment

When you say racial pride, what exactly are you proud of again?

Any form of pride not based on individual merit is dumb.

Comment

Oh... Have you went full-on vegan now? That's weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Max View Post

As a carnivore, I do love to beat my meat
                                  my boy that is a SIN and you are going to HELL, right alongside Doc

Originally posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post
                                  I'd been debating with a friend a while back on racial pride and if it should be acceptable overall regardless of who has it, or if pride should be something reserved for personal achievement. He also specifically tried to argue that white pride should be acceptable. I personally think racial pride is stupid, and while I think we should all have a level of self-respect and self-love, having this overblown sense of self-worth for being a certain race seems toxic and counter-productive IMO.
                                  So, counter-productive to the US? America was a mistake anyway tbh.

LOL for you think white flight is a thing because white people cared about "familiarity". Studies show that people become more accepting of out-groups the more they're exposed to them.
                                  That's exactly what it is. Whites wake up one day and find more and more black people showing up on their block, or blacks wake up and find more and more hispanics coming to their neighborhood, they're gonna move to wherever their people are.

Gonna need to see which studies these are. I think I know which one you're talking about, but you should link it.

I was being facetious, I know what you meant. They become more fascistic because they're socially isolated, and have no source of information other than fox news(if they're 45+) or /pol//alt-right youtube propaganda(if they're 18-35).
                                  Amd they're socially isolated because diversity becomes a detriment to trust and cohesion after a certain point.

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Oh... Have you went full-on vegan now? That's weird.
                                  Im just spoiling for a fight with shob, lul. ultimately my choices are mine to make and I'm not interested in forcing anything on anyone, but I do find the bizarre conversations interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
                                    When you say racial pride, what exactly are you proud of again?

Any form of pride not based on individual merit is dumb.
                                    Is merit a valid thing to be proud of, though? It's a hell of a lot more egocentric for sure, but ultimately everyone is a victim of their own circumstances. With "circumstance" I'm also including the individualized genetic combinations everyone was born with.

All things considered, being proud of natural talent can be considered as vacuous as being proud of the ethnic group you were born into. Both were complete chance, or at the very best they were something you had no control over at all.

Comment

Both were complete chance,
                                      Interesting.

Could have sworn that using your own two hands to achieve things was...technically something you had control over...but...I guess I was wrong.

Comment

I hate that this thread turned into a 3 page affair littered with twerking senators.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                                          I hate that this thread turned into a 3 page affair littered with twerking senators.
                                          Oh yeah, this set was worth it.

So.

So.

Worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X