Is Racial Pride acceptable?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
    But it also does represent a certain amount of my frustrations with how everything operates in the first place. The obvious one is that skin color factionism is fucking gay. Having a skin color difference is a ridiculous thing to be proud over.
    Being proud of one's "race" is not as simple as being proud of being white or black or whatever, unless you're a white American redneck who believes all Europeans are the same or a black American supremacist who believes Africa is one country. I don't know if you're intentionally being obtuse, though I doubt it considering how naive your viewpoints on race and racism actually are. Being proud of one's "race" is synonymous with being proud of one's country, because "white" is not a race, German, Polish, Portuguese, Italian, Nigerian, South African, Japanese, Chinese and so on, are - in the perspective of ehnic nationalists, at least.

Meanwhile, being a creature that has surpassed all others on the planet, to the point of near absurdity and being practically god-like in comparison to all other known life forms...? That's a comparative difference to take at least some sort of pride or sense of awesomeness over and makes skin color pride look absolutely petty in comparison, irrespective of your thoughts on #HumanPride as a thing in general.
    Uh, okay, let's wait until aliens show up then, I guess lol

If the human race WERE unified under a common banner, in which nationalistic sentiments that hold nations together was formed around a common human identity, for example, that problem could be eliminated for at least a little while.
    This is the epitome of naivety. Do civil wars not exist? Do gangs and turf wars not exist? Domestic terrorism? Human nature feeds on egoism, which imminently leads to conflict. It's better to self-segregate into groups of people that share our own interests, which we are more likely to get along with, than forcibly try to either a. eradicate borders without concern for cultural traditions, or b. forcibly homogenize the entire planet's population.

, although the idea has a certain appeal to me in terms of what the possibilities of a human superstate would entail
    Sounds like communist propaganda to me.
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
    Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

ethno-nationalist are dumb.

Comment

bit of a loaded and/or malformed question. What context are we speaking in? In the US? In Japan? Racial pride is no more wrong than cultural or national pride.

I guess if your end goal is to bring all creeds together, it's "wrong", but such a thing is unnatural in the first place. Even within the States, ethnic groups tend to bunch up together. In fact, as I've stated numerous times before, the fact that you all have such high amounts of various ethnic minorities is actually to your own detriment - people aren't incentivized to interact with each other very much when they can live in neighborhoods where everyone looks like them, which is exactly what's been happening for several years now.

Anyway...

A simpler version of my answer would be "I don't care". People will do what they want to do. If you try to supplant their inclinations, they'll respond in kind by growing increasingly more fascistic. Just leave them be, who cares.
        Last edited by Helly; March 10th, 2019, 03:47 PM.

Comment

It's not unacceptable, therefore it is acceptable, but anyone who is excessively proud in the mere fact of being a certain race should know it is also acceptable for me to exercise my freedom of speech and call them retards for being so.

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict;n451511
          there's a quality to being a giant hunk of muscle mass, tbh.

Comment

Its stupid but acceptable.

Comment

Sure. Just don’t be a retard about it.

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
                Being proud of one's "race" is not as simple as being proud of being white or black or whatever,

Stil gay as shit thooooooo

Uh, okay, let's wait until aliens show up then, I guess lol
                They'd probably exterminate us. The only option is to exterminate them first.

Can't be achieved without unifying humanity beforehand, fam.

Do civil wars not exist?
                That's why I said "for a little while at least," along with the following paragraphs. The creation of the superstate would immediately end the threat of a nuclear conflict between large nation-states, but only insofar as the superstate itself survives, which is theoretically possible even with the possibility of civil war, since a civil war can end in the reunification of the previously existing nation-state (America comes to mind)...but not always.

The only true solution to fracturing is therefore mostly a totalitarian one as I described...a "hard reset" if you will, and why I wouldn't wish for its creation (at the moment at least). Its creation would require an attempt to basically remove everyone actively perpetuating the old state of things, eliminate as many cultural elements as possible and replace it with a singular culture, and isolate future generations from the "old world" as much as possible, in order to do away with humanity's cultural differences and start from a relative clean slate in terms of the cultural homogeneity of humanity.

Which isn't really my thing.

Sounds like communist propaganda to me.
                Commies had two things going for them that I can sympathize with.

Desiring a unified human race, and specifically thinking that Capitalism is not a perfect economic system (which isn't even specific to them in particular, lol).

They're pretty shit for anything else.
                Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 10th, 2019, 06:07 PM.

Comment

Y tho, lol.

It's so dumb...

Skin color/ethnic pride, I mean.
                  Even if you don't think it serves a purpose, there's not reason it shouldn't be "acceptable," to be proud of your race/ethnicity.

Comment

Can't be achieved without unifying humanity beforehand, fam.
                    No need to unite under a superstate considering alliances between nations have existed since forever lol

Desiring a unified human race,
                    I feel connected to my family first, my friends and community second, my nation third. I don't feel connected to the little sri lankan boy halfway across the world with a different culture and appearance.
                    Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

I mean I’d rather be proud of my job. My house. My wife. My daughter. How little u have to have going on in your life to be mouthing off like being born a skin-color is a fucking achievement?

Comment

First and foremost, pride in excess will always be a downward curve toward disaster- like all things expressed in excess.

Nonetheless, there's inherently nothing wrong with being prideful of all the marvelous genotypes-phenotypes that form our appearance and identity, at the end of the day.

Its always a joy to look back at your family, and realize all the minute similarities and differences that designates our own little spark of individuality- eventually realizing how beautiful we genuinely are, even if we initially lack the confidence to accept ourselves in our entirety. ^_^

Comment

First, I'd like to say fuck Shob for making my page refresh, assuming pages refresh if someone makes a new post and I leave my current tab and go to a new on. I had like 2 very good paragraphs, feels bad.

Racial pride is acceptable for minorities. Ex.) Brown pride and black pride. But white pride is frowned upon. And for good reason. As I said before, whenever white people in the "west" feel pride for their skin color it usually ends badly for other races, they usually get blamed for social, economic, and political issues (scapegoats). I'd like to point out that this is mainly a "western" thing, to identify based on skin color. You really don't see this in countries outside the west or even less on countries that weren't colonized.

The idea of identifying based on the color of your skin comes from western Europe and america. To explain how they came to have so much power and progress they came up with the idea that it had to do with skin color as most countries that progressed the the most and had the most power during the 16th-20th century were white. Which is simply incorrect, the reason for their success has nothing to do with skin color, a mistake even people today make because they simply don't know or understand history.

People used to identify their success due to their culture, like the ancient greeks, which has more basis and is much more credible. But western Europeans and americans don't have a millennial culture that is great. They tried to hop on Greek culture as being European but it really isn't and I think there is awareness of this so it's really not reference that much.

Point being, identify with skin color is dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
                            I mean I’d rather be proud of my job. My house. My wife. My daughter. How little u have to have going on in your life to be mouthing off like being born a skin-color is a fucking achievement?
                            why do you care about israel again

Comment

No need to unite under a superstate considering alliances between nations have existed since forever lol

I feel connected to my family first, my friends and community second, my nation third. I don't feel connected to the little sri lankan boy halfway across the world with a different culture and appearance.
                              But that's all subjective. For example, you'd feel more connected to the boy than you would say a elephant. In relation between the boy and elephant you'd have a stronger connection than between your family and your friends.

So you have a stronger connection than you want to admit.

Comment

You need some kind of tribal unity, regardless of how good your life is. It's just a human need.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post
                                  But that's all subjective. For example, you'd feel more connected to the boy than you would say a elephant. In relation between the boy and elephant you'd have a stronger connection than between your family and your friends.

So you have a stronger connection than you want to admit.
                                  Well ye, but that's only because I feel no empathy towards animals my dude

I'm saying family > community > nation > species

Comment

I feel no empathy towards animals
                                    ...isn’t that one of the red flags of a true sociopath???
                                    Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; March 10th, 2019, 05:46 PM.

Comment

who cares

Comment

• Beholder
                                        Beholder commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        nice

Well ye, but that's only because I feel no empathy towards animals my dude

I'm saying family > community > nation > species
                                      I get that. What I am saying is that maybe the difference among species is not so big or even noticeable to actually even rank them.

Thus unity among humans is actually more viable than you pretend it isn't.

Comment

Isn't having only empathy for animals rather than human beings a calling card for a sociopath
                                        Wipers - So Young

Comment

Working...
                                        X