Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Biden campaign last week was such a disaster, I'm surprised Elizabeth Warren hasn't put out a plan to fix it

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

Biden--has not had a good headline since he got in the race.

Then back to back--boom--the personal space memes. The plagiarizing of campaign positions from other candidates websites. The Hyde Amendment flipflop.

...thats not exactly inspiring confidence for what his campaign against Trump in the general is going to look like...

I am happy to see Buttigieg and Warren rising though. That gives me some measure of hope that voters still know a good thing when they see it.

Warren without peer has been running the most idea-oriented, policy-specific campaign.And everytime I see Buttigieg speak he comes across as this statesman/scholar whose incredibly well-spoken and diplomatic in his choice-of-words. But in an insightful, well-reasoned, straightforward and on-point kind of way. Not in the smarmy, scripted, political talking points kind of way.

For all the attention that the Bernie v. Biden match-up has been getting; Warren and Buttigieg have come across to me as the ones that really deserved to be top tier. (not gonna lie--I'd be MUCH more interested seeing Warren as the standardbearer for the progressive left and Buttigieg as the standardbearer for the moderates going at it in a 1-v-1 debate at the end. The way you really draw out the contrast to what a vapid moron Trump is by putting your two headiest candidates on a stage and just letting them go at it under a national spotlight. The difference between what those two will come at each other with and the level of discourse coming out of the current White House will be night-and-day)

then again, if voters actually cared about headiness and level of discourse there wouldn't be Trump supporters. And thats like ~40% of the country, so maybe I've got it all wrong.

Still happy to see Warren and Buttigeig rising. Keeping an eye on those two.
      I've literally had to hear Buttigeig speak for the better part of a half-hour without him actually saying anything. I suppose that makes him a good statesman, but not someone I want as president. Also policy wise he leaves much to be desired economically.

My only problem with Warren is she's not really good at the back and forth. It's true that what she lacks in charisma she has in intelligence... but that doesn't really help her out in the polls against someone like Trump. If Trump does to Warren what Chris did to Marco, then we're going to see another 4 years of Trump.

I'm happy to see that the three realistic options are Buttigeig, Bernie, and Warren. But only because I'd be very happy with Bernie, decently happy with Warren, and willing to pinch my nose for Buttigeig.

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

It's true that what she lacks in charisma she has in intelligence... but that doesn't really help her out in the polls against someone like Trump.
        Thats the saddest, truest thing you've ever said

Comment

I've literally had to hear Buttigeig speak for the better part of a half-hour without him actually saying anything. I suppose that makes him a good statesman, but not someone I want as president. Also policy wise he leaves much to be desired economically.

My only problem with Warren is she's not really good at the back and forth. It's true that what she lacks in charisma she has in intelligence... but that doesn't really help her out in the polls against someone like Trump. If Trump does to Warren what Chris did to Marco, then we're going to see another 4 years of Trump.

I'm happy to see that the three realistic options are Buttigeig, Bernie, and Warren. But only because I'd be very happy with Bernie, decently happy with Warren, and willing to pinch my nose for Buttigeig.
          Did any of them announce their Vice president? Maybe they can team up in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

Did any of them announce their Vice president? Maybe they can team up in some way.
            They won't do anything like that until the last quarter or so of the primary.

It can get awkward if you choose a VP and then fail to even get nominated. And even if you had the gumption to do it, few people would accept publicly this early on for that same reason.

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

Thats the saddest, truest thing you've ever said
            It's my only true complaint about her that isn't nit-picking.

Comment

I still don't think there's any way Warren can beat Trump in the general. He has too much ammo to fire at her and she, like Hillary, doesn't have the charisma to wade through it all. She'll drop like a sack of potatoes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                I still don't think there's any way Warren can beat Trump in the general. He has too much ammo to fire at her and she, like Hillary, doesn't have the charisma to wade through it all. She'll drop like a sack of potatoes.
                This is true... and sad.

I hope she instead gets put on the team instead cause at least she's got a plan for everything!

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

This is true... and sad.

I hope she instead gets put on the team instead cause at least she's got a plan for everything!
                  She's honestly a perfect fit for nearly half of the presidential cabinet seats.

I love her to death, it's just a pity she's not as gifted with spoken words as she is with written ones.

Comment

So, what's this shit with Kellyanne Conway? Anyone?

Comment

So, what's this shit with Kellyanne Conway? Anyone?
                      corruption.

...next.

Comment

corruption.

...next.
                        Well, I mean... Obviously. Lol.

Some about Just. Department saying she violated the Hatch Act?

Comment

Well, I mean... Obviously. Lol.

Some about Just. Department saying she violated the Hatch Act?
                          Considering how she's been going around pushing her political ideology at every turn possible, how is this a surprise?

Comment

Awwwwwwwwwww sheeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiiit ya'll

NBC released the info for the first round of debates for the DNC primaries.

06/26/19
                            - Cory Booker
                            - Julián Castro
                            - Bill de Blasio
                            - John Delaney
                            - Tulsi Gabbard
                            - Jay Inslee
                            - Amy Klobuchar
                            - Beto O'Rourke
                            - Tim Ryan
                            - Elizabeth Warren

06/27/19
                            - Michael Bennet
                            - Joe Biden
                            - Pete Buttigieg
                            - Kirsten Gillibrand
                            - Kamala Harris
                            - John Hickenlooper
                            - Bernie Sanders
                            - Eric Swalwell
                            - Marianne Williamson
                            - Andrew Yang

These are gonna be fucking good. I am excited.

Comment

06/26/19
                              - Cory Booker
                              - Julián Castro
                              - Bill de Blasio
                              - John Delaney
                              - Tulsi Gabbard
                              - Jay Inslee
                              - Amy Klobuchar
                              - Beto O'Rourke
                              - Tim Ryan
                              - Elizabeth Warren

06/27/19
                              - Michael Bennet
                              - Joe Biden
                              - Pete Buttigieg
                              - Kirsten Gillibrand
                              - Kamala Harris
                              - John Hickenlooper
                              - Bernie Sanders
                              - Eric Swalwell
                              - Marianne Williamson
                              - Andrew Yang

Bernie and Joe Biden in the same debate, eh...

This will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Bernie and Joe Biden in the same debate, eh...

This will be interesting.
                                Not only that.

You've got Warren, Beto, Tulsi, and Booker in round one. Warren will take the prize for the night, for sure, but it'll be interesting to see how Beto and Booker do... As well as see if the progressive's other darling, Tulsi, can hold herself in a policy discussion.

But then in round fucking two. Biden, Buttigieg, Harris, Bernie, and fucking Yang. That's going to be fantastic if for no other reason than having the full spectrum of the party on display. You've got the party favorites, Biden and Kamala. Then you've got the rising star, Pete. Then you've got the grassroots powerhouse, Bernie. And you've got the weirdest fucking dude in the race to cap it all off. I will orgasm while watching this one, I'm sure.

You with me Post-Crisis Shob?

Comment

06/26/19
                                  - Cory Booker
                                  - Julián Castro
                                  - Bill de Blasio
                                  - John Delaney
                                  - Tulsi Gabbard
                                  - Jay Inslee
                                  - Amy Klobuchar
                                  - Beto O'Rourke
                                  - Tim Ryan
                                  - Elizabeth Warren

06/27/19
                                  - Michael Bennet
                                  - Joe Biden
                                  - Pete Buttigieg
                                  - Kirsten Gillibrand
                                  - Kamala Harris
                                  - John Hickenlooper
                                  - Bernie Sanders
                                  - Eric Swalwell
                                  - Marianne Williamson
                                  - Andrew Yang

RIP Bernie.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

RIP Bernie.
                                    You think so? Hillary was probably one of the best debaters the party had... AND she had the questions fed to her before the debate so she could prepare. Yet Bernie still mopped the floor with her most of the time. He's going to be fine.

Comment

You think so? Hillary was probably one of the best debaters the party had... AND she had the questions fed to her before the debate so she could prepare. Yet Bernie still mopped the floor with her most of the time. He's going to be fine.
                                      They put him against Joe Biden in the first rounds, they want Joe to take him down with him. They probably already know Joe is defective goods so they'll sacrifice him and some corporate friendly like Beto will come out winning the Democratic nominee. Seems like the best play for them.

Plus, it's not about who is a better debater, it's about who has more charisma. Take Donald as an example. Joe definitely beats Bernie in that department. Bernie honestly needs to become tougher or nobody will respect him.
                                      Last edited by #83.6666666667; June 14th, 2019, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Not only that.

You've got Warren, Beto, Tulsi, and Booker in round one. Warren will take the prize for the night, for sure, but it'll be interesting to see how Beto and Booker do... As well as see if the progressive's other darling, Tulsi, can hold herself in a policy discussion.

But then in round fucking two. Biden, Buttigieg, Harris, Bernie, and fucking Yang. That's going to be fantastic if for no other reason than having the full spectrum of the party on display. You've got the party favorites, Biden and Kamala. Then you've got the rising star, Pete. Then you've got the grassroots powerhouse, Bernie. And you've got the weirdest fucking dude in the race to cap it all off. I will orgasm while watching this one, I'm sure.

You with me Post-Crisis Shob?
                                        Cory Booker's a marshmallow, Beto's just a guy that lost and whose name isn't actually "Beto." Warren's known half for her policy and half for her fake Indian shtick and...Tulsi actually has my interest for challenging the MIC (military industrial complex), but that's all I know about her, and Bernie also doesn't like the MIC, sooo...?

Round 2's more interesting, but I cannot really give a shit about anyone in it other than Yang and Bernie, and all I'm hoping is they get the most attention at the end of things because they're my go-to guys.

And everyone else is basically irrelevant (except Biden and Harris).

But yeah, it'll be pretty funny.

And in the Republican arena, we have Trump and...

Poor man's Trump...?
                                        Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; June 14th, 2019, 07:24 PM.

Comment

• Cid
                                          Cid commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          I mean... Don't sleep on Bill Weld. If he actually gets Trump onto the debate stage, he's going to tear the man a third asshole.

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

They put him against Joe Biden in the first rounds, they want Joe to take him down with him. They probably already know Joe is defective goods so they'll sacrifice him and some corporate friendly like Beto will come out winning the Democratic nominee. Seems like the best play for them.

Plus, it's not about who is a better debater, it's about who has more charisma. Take Donald as an example. Joe definitely beats Bernie in that department. Bernie honestly needs to become tougher or nobody will respect him.
                                        "Ramblin' Joe" Biden isn't going to be able to "take Bernie down" in any way. He probably won't even score any significant victories in any of the debates because he's just not that good at it... There's a reason he's got that nickname. He struggles to stick to the topic and often goes off on tangents.

Bernie's biggest threat has basically always been Kamala Harris. She's a moderate democrat and, thusly, can rally the party behind her. She's very intelligent, has a decade+ experience of arguing and winning in court, and she's incredibly intimidating. Even if her poll numbers aren't great at this point, she's going to shine in the debates and quickly make up lost ground as the field tightens. Bernie vs Biden isn't the bout to watch here. It's Bernie vs Harris.

Comment

Working...
                                        X