This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cid View Post

I've meant to go back and see if he's always been like this. I didn't pay much attention to the man during the Obama administration, but if he was this bad at public speaking 10 years ago, then it makes it a lot less concerning.
    Literally watch his debates in the past, he's never been this bad. In fact I hardly recall him ever tripping up as bad as fucking up the declaration of Independence's opening lines.

Comment

I've meant to go back and see if he's always been like this. I didn't pay much attention to the man during the Obama administration, but if he was this bad at public speaking 10 years ago, then it makes it a lot less concerning.
      We are talking about a man who right after a big win on Super Tuesday confused his sister with his wife right after looking her in the face. Dems can try to justify it as a stutter all they want they know damn well they are supporting a man who isn't mentally fit to be president.

Comment

Honestly even if you go back to 2016-2018, it's like night and day.

Comment

Biden just got accused of sexual assault a few days ago...

Biden gave some interesting takes on the matter of sexual assault before this happened.

...ain’t that a little bit of a pickle for Ol’ Joe...
          Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 27th, 2020, 06:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Biden gave some interesting takes on the matter of sexual assault before this happened.

EDIT: I'm looking into it, and it looks pretty fishy. I super doubt it's real.
            Last edited by OrganizationXV; March 27th, 2020, 07:35 PM.
            Originally posted by Wade
            Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
              I super doubt it's real.
              Wouldn’t it be funny, then, if Joe Biden said “Believe Women“ before the accusation popped up...?

...That would be funny...
              Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 27th, 2020, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Wouldn’t it be funny, then, if Joe Biden said “Believe Women“ before the accusation popped up...?

He said "presume they're telling the truth", which is very different from "Every woman is 100% correct". I dunno, it seems like one of his less ridiculous takes to me.
                Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

He said "presume they're telling the truth", which is very different from "Every woman is 100% correct". I dunno, it seems like one of his less ridiculous takes to me.
                  Our legal system revolves around the presumption of innocence -- not guilt -- so that is still one of the hottest takes ever. Shameless pandering too, but what's new.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord L'Zoril View Post

Our legal system revolves around the presumption of innocence -- not guilt -- so that is still one of the hottest takes ever. Shameless pandering too, but what's new.
                    I don't think he was speaking on a legal level, so much as on a social level, but maybe I'm wrong.

And if you really wanna split hairs, to assume that someone isn't telling the truth is a presumption that they're guilty of lying. If you want a truly neutral standpoint, you'd have to assume that both are innocent until the facts prove one way or the other.

Comment

But what about the 20 women that accused Trump of sexual assault?

You gonna throw stones at Biden but not one pebble at Trump?

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

He's complaining about the hypocrisy of believing women inherently, now that he's actually been accused.

By his logic, and taking the "grab her by the pussy" thing, it'd be a bad look for Trump if he weren't ever accused of sexual assault.

Comment

They’ve already come and gone.

IDK how valid or invalid they are; it’s easy to see him being a chronic sexual abuser, it’s also easy to see how someone might have paid 50,000 bucks a girl to smear a guy that gets plenty of hate outside of his relations with women (and whether it’s justified or not is separate from that fact)...

It’s just the nature of a bunch of accusations floating around.

And please stop goading me into criticizing Trump every time I make some comment about a non-Trump issue...not every post of mine has to have “fuck Trump” in it...
                          Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 28th, 2020, 04:52 PM.

Comment

He's complaining about the hypocrisy of believing women inherently, now that he's actually been accused.
                            ...Eh?

I mean, I just think it’s funny how Biden hopped on the believe women train and then got accused...
                            Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 28th, 2020, 12:04 AM.

Comment

I don't think he was speaking on a legal level, so much as on a social level, but maybe I'm wrong.

And if you really wanna split hairs, to assume that someone isn't telling the truth is a presumption that they're guilty of lying. If you want a truly neutral standpoint, you'd have to assume that both are innocent until the facts prove one way or the other.
                              Court of public opinion is even worse tbh, since you can simply attempt to "cancel" people you think are guilty just because you don't like the cut of their jib. It's a slippery slope.

​​​​​​For the record, I don't think we should automatically assume that all rape allegations are false. Just that we shouldn't automatically assume that they're true either. Which is what Biden is saying...

Comment

They’ve already come and gone.

IDK how valid or invalid they are; it’s easy to see him being a chronic sexual abuser, it’s also easy to see how someone might have paid 50,000 bucks a girl to smear a guy that gets plenty of hate outside of his relations with women (and whether it’s justified or not is separate from that fact)...

It’s just the nature of a bunch of accusations floating around.

And please stop goading me into criticizing Trump every time I make some comment about a non-Trump issue...not every post of mine has has to have “fuck Trump” in it...

But see, you don't criticize Trump. If you did criticize him more then I'd leave it alone but you can't point fingers at Biden's imperfections and ignore Trumps. Now I'm not justifying Biden's actions but I'm not gonna throw him under the bus if Trump is our new standard.

Back in 2016 we pointed to the immorality of Trump and how he was lowering the bar for the presidency. He won. The bar is lowered and it is a bloody easy one to hop over. Every time you attack a democratic candidate it can be easily countered with a "But Trump did this..." because you don't (or rarely) criticize him.

Now if you were going after one of Biden's policies that's a different story but going after his character or morality? Naw, Trump supporters don't get that pass, not with the man they stand behind.

Comment

But see, you don't criticize Trump-
                                  I gave him shit for the CoronaVirus response...

...Explicitly.

I'm pretty sure you remember it. This also isn't getting into my older criticisms of the guy...

I don't like Donald Trump.

You don't need to try and extract that statement from me every time I give someone else in DC a bit of attention.
                                  Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 28th, 2020, 12:44 AM.

Comment

I gave him shit for the CoronaVirus response...

...Explicitly.

I'm pretty sure you remember it. This also isn't getting into my older criticisms of the guy...

I don't like Donald Trump.

You don't need to try and extract that statement from me every time I give someone else in DC a bit of attention...
                                    Wait. Where? All I saw was you deflecting the blame off of Trump.

Comment

Wait. Where?
                                      This.

You happy now? He says shit. He doesn't do things right. It's pretty easy to see that, even some right-wing outlets do that aren't Fox News (National Review has been a frequent critic of his).

It's a good reason to shoot Trump and give me absolute power, fam, I'll fix everything.

...Now stop bringing him up to me...all the time...lol.

And if I get another one of these @'ing me just to say "denounce all the bad things you said"...

...I will once again ask you to make me a chicken sandwich and send it to my place...
                                      Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 28th, 2020, 01:04 AM.

Comment

Wouldn't doubt it, he's a toucher.

Last edited by King John; March 28th, 2020, 03:24 AM.

Comment

I don't buy "sexual assault" from Biden. At least not in the sense we typically view it. If you consider him smelling someone's hair or rubbing their shoulders as sexual assault? Yeah, I can buy that.

Comment

Working...
                                          X