X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
    Question is can he do a better job than Trump. 🤔
    A fucking Koala would do a better job than Trump.
    Last edited by Cid; January 6th, 2020, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Yup I remember you saying that. Extra points for you.

Question is can he do a better job than Trump. 🤔
      the question isn't so much is he better than Trump, so much as which one will help or harm the end goal.

Comment

Cory Booker, who had broken up with Coffee to run for President, has decided to stop running and go back to Coffee. Huzzah, their on and off relationship continues.

Comment

B.jpg

i actually did want booker or marianne to go against him though

Comment

Establishment Dems are dropping like flies now.

More than likely has a lot to do with the DNC fearing that they're dividing the vote share and hurting Biden and Buttigeig.

Wouldn't be shocked if the DNC forced Booker out.

Comment

And suddenly.... Andrew Yang comes out of nowhere and takes the lead! Watch it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                Establishment Dems are dropping like flies now.

More than likely has a lot to do with the DNC fearing that they're dividing the vote share and hurting Biden and Buttigeig.

Wouldn't be shocked if the DNC forced Booker out.
                No doubt about it, just like 2016 with Hillary the DNC has decided it’s Biden’s turn.

Comment

I'm starting to like Andrew Yang more and more but feel he might be ahead of his time by at least a term. Thoughts?

Comment

I'm starting to like Andrew Yang more and more but feel he might be ahead of his time by at least a term. Thoughts?
                    I think that's probably valid. UBI's gonna be a lot more enticing once automation really kicks in and people are gonna be struggling for jobs. As it is now, its main function is to be a bad food stamps replacement.
                    Originally posted by Wade
                    Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                      I think that's probably valid. UBI's gonna be a lot more enticing once automation really kicks in and people are gonna be struggling for jobs. As it is now, its main function is to be a bad food stamps replacement.
                      People won't struggle for jobs for long. As J peth and I have discussed exhaustively, the evidence is that automation actually creates more jobs than it destroys. It's mainly going to be older generations who can't easily be retrained that will struggle. You've got nearly every major candidate on the left calling for major education reform to make getting a college degree more affordable.... So I'd say with 10-15 years, right around the time automation is really ramping up, you'll have legislation firmly locked in place that ensures most people will be able to seek higher education. And the trend for them will be going into technical fields.

I think realistically, what we're going to see is a push for a type of UBI that will be paid out mostly to the elderly and disabled. It might not even be a UBI, just an expansion of social security and disability benefits.

Comment

*Sniffle.* It's beautiful...

Comment

People won't struggle for jobs for long. As J peth and I have discussed exhaustively, the evidence is that automation actually creates more jobs than it destroys. It's mainly going to be older generations who can't easily be retrained that will struggle. You've got nearly every major candidate on the left calling for major education reform to make getting a college degree more affordable.... So I'd say with 10-15 years, right around the time automation is really ramping up, you'll have legislation firmly locked in place that ensures most people will be able to seek higher education. And the trend for them will be going into technical fields.

I think realistically, what we're going to see is a push for a type of UBI that will be paid out mostly to the elderly and disabled. It might not even be a UBI, just an expansion of social security and disability benefits.
                          That's fair, if it ends up working out.

although it wouldn't be UBI if it's not universal I guess
                          Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

• Cid
                            Cid commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Yeah, it was really one of those "for lack of a better word" things. lol.

I hope your right about this but given how hard Republicans have fought against education and well.... how uneducated their own voters are already. I don't see this happening. People will rather go the easy route and get a UBI than go to school. The smart ones would use UBI to pay for school but the rest? Naw... they won't educate themselves and grow.

Comment

I hope your right about this but given how hard Republicans have fought against education and well.... how uneducated their own voters are already. I don't see this happening. People will rather go the easy route and get a UBI than go to school. The smart ones would use UBI to pay for school but the rest? Naw... they won't educate themselves and grow.
                            You underestimate the right's unreasonable hatred for government aid that isn't part of a military.

Comment

Nah, the Republican's time in power is dated. Their archaic social views and hyper-focus on expanding wealth for the richest among us will be the death of them. Young people grow more and more liberal. Even the latest "conservative" generation of teenagers are about as liberal as the moderate democrats are. The republican party is entering a downward spiral and the only way they aren't replaced is if they get their heads out of their asses and change the way they do things.

Give it 30 years. The Republican party with either sink and die or they will align themselves with moderates like Buttigeig. Either way, a new party is going to emerge in the likeness of Bernie Sanders and AOC, and it's going to take the place of the "left" party and the current democrats will either replace the republicans or republicans will merge with them. We're in a season of change, the first in about a century. It's going to be interesting to watch it unfold.

Comment

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/202...s/iowa-results

No results from Iowa yet. But the entrance polls are pretty interesting.

Some highlights...

Men prefer Bernie Sanders (6% lead), Women prefer Pete Buttigieg (4% lead).

White people prefer Buttigieg (3% lead), non-white people prefer Sanders (25% lead).

Buttigeig's support is consistent among all age groups, whereas Biden gains popularity with older voters and Bernie gains it with younger voters.

Buttigeig's support is consistent with regards to education, Bernie's support is consistent with most levels of education, the exception being advanced degrees, where his support drops significantly. (Makes sense, the higher the education levels the more his tax policies will impact you.)

Things to take away... Bernie is pretty popular, Buttigeig is somewhat popular, old people like Biden, and Warren is flailing miserably.

Comment

It will never not be dumb that we let a bunch of incompetent hicks in Iowa kickoff the election season. How many times do they have to fail at simple shit like counting votes before we move a more important state in front of them?

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post
                                    It will never not be dumb that we let a bunch of incompetent hicks in Iowa kickoff the election season. How many times do they have to fail at simple shit like counting votes before we move a more important state in front of them?
                                    Let Iowa keep this. All they have is this, and corn.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

Let Iowa keep this. All they have is this, and corn.
                                      They can keep the corn and the stories about alien abductions, everything else is too much for them to handle.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

They can keep the corn and the stories about alien abductions, everything else is too much for them to handle.
                                        Ooohhh, yeah, I forgot about the aliens. That already gives them more than Montana, so that's fair.

Comment

Working...
                                        X