This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Joe’s gonna lose the nomination by being that creepy guy that’s always edging the line between playful and pedophilic.

In other words, he’ll lose because he’s a 77-year old Snap without the animu addiction.

Lol.
    Yet he still commands roughly 50% of the black vote and that alone makes him formidable...

Hopefully, he loses big in Iowa and New Hampshire and black voters in the Carolinas see how weakness and ditch him for Bernie instead of Warren or Harris.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Yet he still commands roughly 50% of the black vote and that alone makes him formidable...

Hopefully, he loses big in Iowa and New Hampshire and black voters in the Carolinas see how weakness and ditch him for Bernie instead of Warren or Harris.
      I love how come time for election everyone starts obsessing over the “Black and white” vote and not just, you know...how many Americans support a guy or not.

We’ll get to that colorblind society...by not being colorblind, lol.

Comment

I love how come time for election everyone starts obsessing over the “Black and white” vote and not just, you know...how many Americans support a guy or not.

Well, it's an important factor when it comes to polling. Older black voters are some of the most likely Americans to turn out during primaries, so they make a sizable portion of likely voters, enough that if someone like Biden is garnering 60+ percent of their vote, they're almost guaranteed to perform well in the primaries. Just look at Hillary, she got destroyed in Iowa and New Hampshire by Bernie, but come South Carolina, she blew him out of the water because she was commanding an overwhelming majority of the black vote. And her strength just kept going through the southern states where black democrats make up huge portions of their electorate. Bernie did very well with young and middle-aged democrats, he did decent with older white dems. But he had almost no support among older black democrats and it cost him the primary.

It's just how it is. Politicians have to look at voting demographics because different groups of people will vote differently. Young people are more liberal, older people are more conservative. White men are more likely to be republican whereas white women tend to lean democrat. Black people are largely democrat but older black voters are more conservative and vote for moderates whereas younger voters vote more liberal.
        Last edited by Cid; December 1st, 2019, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Biden is a fucking UNIT, my word. My guy out here talking about """roaches""" and "guys who were guys at the time" (lmaao, @BruceJenner), and, predictably, all people can focus on is the leg rubbing (which, given the laughter in the background, was probably innocuous). That being said, the man obviously has Alzheimer's, Tourette's, or basic dementia, so this all goes a wee bit further than "Oh, the Democratic frontrunner may be a creep."

Drive slow, folks.
          Last edited by Lord L'Zoril; December 1st, 2019, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord L'Zoril View Post
            "guys who were guys at the time"
            I 'bout lost it when he said that.

Originally posted by Lord L'Zoril View Post
            That being said, the man obviously has Alzheimer's, Tourette's, or basic dementia, so this all goes a wee bit further than "Oh, the Democratic frontrunner may be a creep."
            It's beginning to get concerning. He's obviously not all there, mentally. And he's running for president? It's one of the many reasons I will absolutely write Bernie in if Biden gets the nomination.

Comment

Well, it's an important factor when it comes to polling.
              Pollsters make it important.

And just as they could make it important, they could shut up about it and we’d have one less issue where we’re obsessed over skin color stuff. One step closer to a colorblind society.

That’s what we want, right?

BTW, if Bet-On-My-Stork level pandering annoys you, this kind of approach where we obsess over the black and white votes really doesn’t help to discourage such nonsense...

Just saying.

And if you’re concerned about the ideologies of the voters, you can be concerned about it without all this stupid identity politics...
              Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; December 1st, 2019, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Pollsters make it important.

And just as they could make it important, they could shut up about it and we’d have one less issue where we’re obsessed over skin color stuff. One step closer to a colorblind society.

That’s what we want, right?

BTW, if Bet-On-My-Stork level pandering annoys you, this kind of approach where we obsess over the black and white votes really doesn’t help to discourage such nonsense...

Just saying.

And if you’re concerned about the ideologies of the voters, you can be concerned about it without all this stupid identity politics...
                In case you didn't see the edit where I went into detail explaining why it's important.

It's just how it is. Politicians have to look at voting demographics because different groups of people will vote differently. Young people are more liberal, older people are more conservative. White men are more likely to be republican whereas white women tend to lean democrat. Black people are largely democrat but older black voters are more conservative and vote for moderates whereas younger voters vote more liberal.
                There's a whole mess of things to consider. If it were as easy as "simply have the best policies" then I'd agree with you completely. But the overwhelming majority of voters don't care about policy, so politicians have to target their message for their audience. It sucks, I hate it too, but it can't change until we get rid of the Mitch McConnells and Donald Trumps and replace them with more Bernies.

Comment

It's one of the many reasons I will absolutely write Bernie in if Biden gets the nomination.
                  I'll be doing the same again, regardless of whomever gets the ticket. Glad to see you're onboard now as well. No more compromises, it's Bernie or bust. We absolutely cannot afford to put any more glorified Republi-- moderate Democrats or sheep-in-wolves'-clothing into office.

Boomers as a whole need to fuck off.
                  Last edited by Lord L'Zoril; December 1st, 2019, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Bernie wouldn't even serve a year before dying lmao
                    Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                    Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
                      I mean, nobody expected Trump to survive more than a couple months. Bernie's got a better chance than Trump did.

Comment

It would be dumb to pretend that black and white dems don't have different issues they care about. For example black dems tend to be more religious so things like gay rights and abortion rights don't move the needle as much for us, I have said before that on social issues black people are much more conservative then people think. Which is why an uber liberal like Bernie is having issues with black voters.

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
                          If I knew there was a 100% probability that Bernie Sanders would die in his first term, I would still vote for him over Trump

Comment

Also--I come bearing memes

Comment

Kamala Harris just dropped from the race.

oh well
                              Originally posted by Wade
                              Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

oh well
                                thank fucking god

Comment

oh well
                                  Came here specifically to post that.

Glad my boys aren't sleeping on the political news.

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

thank fucking god
                                    What if i told you that Kamala dropping out at this stage in the race helps Biden, helps Buttigieg, and hurts Bernie?

Because Kamala was competing for the centrist lane.

And because the other candidates competing for the centrist lane can expect to get a slight bump in the polls over the candidates that aren't, from Kamala leaving the race and her residual support being absorbed by the remainder of the field.

Comment

oh well
                                      Thank YHWH. Let's see if we can go for a hat-trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

What if i told you that Kamala dropping out at this stage in the race helps Biden, helps Buttigieg, and hurts Bernie?

And because the other candidates competing for the centrist lane can expect to get a slight bump in the polls over the candidates that aren't, from Kamala leaving the race and her residual support being absorbed by the remainder of the field.
                                        I don't know about that. Biden and Buttigeig might get small bumps, but I'm willing to bet that Klobuchar and Warren take more of her support base than Biden and Buttigeig do.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

Except this means more air time for more important candidates, and also means more time for spotlight on people like Buttigieg. Which is good for people like me who hate him (for more than his flip flopping nature in an attempt to find a place in the race) because it means more time for people to scrutinize him or dunk on him like Tulsi did at the last debate.

Comment

Working...
                                          X