AOC sheding light on Big Pharma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AOC sheding light on Big Pharma

Pinch me, I must be dreaming. Politicians that actually care about people and prove it while in office?

She's a GODDESS <3

Comment

She's going to get herself murdered at this rate. >_>

Comment

and WHO do you think runs Big Pharma? hmmmmmmm?
        Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
        Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Looks like someone's bribery money was a little low these days, lol.

this is unrelated, but I read this as "ACDC shedding light on Big Pharma" and I was confused, because I already saw this thread earlier.

Comment

what's the deal with big pharma anyway it seems like it has a bad reputation

Comment

big pharma kinda sounds like a rap name

Comment

Originally posted by The Poster Formerly Known as Teal View Post
                what's the deal with big pharma anyway it seems like it has a bad reputation
                They are one of the reasons healthcare is so expensive. In other countries they have laws that govern the pricing of medicine yet in the US there is no such laws so they can price whatever they want. You may think that competition would sort them out in the free market but it isn't. Pharmaceutical companies buy out the licenses and rights to the drugs so no one else can produce that same drug. The only way we get competing drugs is if someone else comes up with a new drug that does a similar thing. Like how there is a number of different kinds of headache or stomache medicines.

Now imagine you are the one who got the license to the only cure for one disease. You can charge whatever you want! Now you may think that people won't charge an insanely high premium and usually you would be correct except...

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) on Monday asked a pharmaceutical company why a drug that was once free for patients now costs as much as $375,000 annually.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...w-costs-375000

This is a drug that patients need to live. I can only imagine how many others have done price hikes or still have outrages prices like $500 a month that has gone under the radar. Furthermore what makes this a huge slap to everyone face is... they don't need that money. They don't put some of it back into research. They just pocket it and let college students and other government funded research do all the work.

Comment

Working...
                X