Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MAGA Hat = KKK Hat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #21
    Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

    Nigga's posing this question as if it's even legitimate at all, that's enough my dude
    "To question, is to live" - pac

    Really, though, I think it's perfectly legitimate. If nothing else, think of this as an opportunity to explore the psyche of the easily offended. There arent any true """"SJWs""""""" on this board, so there is a chance to discover something and help that person grow or whatever.....

    Comment


      #22
      Originally posted by Nerise View Post

      how nikkka
      MAGA

      Comment


        #23
        Who cares though? Satanists run everything.

        Why is there a monument that represents phallic worship in our nation's capital? You've got to ask yourself these types of questions bros
        Last edited by Jesus Ketchum; January 24th, 2019, 06:57 PM.

        Comment


          #24
          The puppets change, but the hand up their rear end remains the same.

          Comment


            #25
            Originally posted by Jesus Ketchum View Post
            Why is there a monument that represents phallic worship in our nation's capital?
            Because if it was shaped like a vagina, nobody would care.
            Last edited by Cid; January 24th, 2019, 07:25 PM.

            Comment


              #26
              Originally posted by dan View Post
              Hot take

              While it is funny that this example of the fall of the proud white man got doxxed and maybe threatened, you gotta think about how many clergymen used this kid like a chinese finger trap.

              The poor guy is a result of an openly pedophile cult be normalized, even celebrated, thanks EuRAPE
              Finally an intelligent post.

              Comment


                #27
                Originally posted by Helly View Post

                "To question, is to live" - pac

                Really, though, I think it's perfectly legitimate. If nothing else, think of this as an opportunity to explore the psyche of the easily offended. There arent any true """"SJWs""""""" on this board, so there is a chance to discover something and help that person grow or whatever.....
                Le Gasp...!

                It is like Doc doesn't care to read what I type and only seeks to troll!


                Edit: On a serious note though, it would be nice to discuss what does it take for an object, drawing, symbol, etc to become a legitimate icon of hate.
                Last edited by Kajin_Style; January 24th, 2019, 09:28 PM.

                Comment


                  #28
                  Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

                  Le Gasp...!

                  It is like Doc doesn't care to read what I type and only seeks to troll!


                  Edit: On a serious note though, it would be nice to discuss what does it take for an object, drawing, symbol, etc to become a legitimate icon of hate.
                  I think it should be made for the express purpose of supporting hate. The KKK hood and the Nazi swastika were made for KKK and Nazis. Milk and Pepe and MAGA hats weren't made explicitly for racists.

                  Comment


                    #29
                    Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

                    I think it should be made for the express purpose of supporting hate. The KKK hood and the Nazi swastika were made for KKK and Nazis. Milk and Pepe and MAGA hats weren't made explicitly for racists.
                    Eh... The swastika was stolen from eastern religions, iirc. And the hood wasn't created to support hate, they just wore them to conceal their identities. Those things became symbols of hate because they were hijacked by and used by hate groups. Basically the exact same thing that the alt right did with Pepe.

                    Comment


                      #30
                      Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

                      I think it should be made for the express purpose of supporting hate. The KKK hood and the Nazi swastika were made for KKK and Nazis. Milk and Pepe and MAGA hats weren't made explicitly for racists.
                      I don't think group invents an item and say "Yea this is to express my hate for (insert whatever)!!" I think they all, had good intentions; in their own twisted ways but the actions they took spoke for them far more than their words ever did. The KKK feared the lost of their own kind through racial mixing among other things. Hitler thought he was doing a good thing and for a time it worked out well for him and his people until he went too far.

                      Does it take the actions of a group of people to create a symbol of hate that everyone (heh.. majority at least) agree with? Must these actions be so atrocious that just talking about them can make others feel ill or full of rage?

                      The past couple of years folks have been making fun of "snowflakes" for getting triggered over things they call hate symbols but yet none of them point out what they consider hate symbols, how something becomes a hate symbol, or in general what they think is hate symbols and isn't.

                      This is actually a good topic. I wish people took it more seriously.

                      Comment


                        #31
                        Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
                        This is actually a good topic. I wish people took it more seriously.
                        you made it so nah lmao

                        Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                        I say the japanese schoolgirl. She'll pull out a whistle and summon a mecha to fight for her.
                        Meanwhile the catholic girl prays to an imaginary god that throughout all his biblical feats has not once saved someone from a fight.

                        Comment


                          #32
                          Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
                          he past couple of years folks have been making fun of "snowflakes" for getting triggered over things they call hate symbols but yet none of them point out what they consider hate symbols, how something becomes a hate symbol, or in general what they think is hate symbols and isn't.
                          the hate symbols from "the past couple of years" haven't been serious so the people being upset by them aren't being taken seriously



                          Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict;n524194
                          Racism is a “major issue” only because some people want it to be.

                          Comment


                            #33
                            The stupid ass cartoon frog is not a hate symbol.
                            fuck off with that

                            Comment


                              #34
                              I would normally be confounded by someone genuinely buying into barren, cretinous fearmongering proliferated by a D-list actress desperately attempting to stay "relevant" by abusing our ever-more volatile political climate.

                              Thankfully, I quickly remembered you're not a normal person. Maybe not even a person. Also according to you, trolling -- not e-bullying, which would at least be infinitesimally defensible, but trolling -- is comparable to physical torture now?

                              Boy, you are an "Oof" made manifest in human (so to speak) form. The living embodiment of everything wrong with 'Zoomers.
                              Last edited by Oneiros; January 25th, 2019, 02:20 AM.


                              Rest in peace, John Dunsworth (1946-2017).

                              Comment


                              • Kajin_Style
                                Kajin_Style commented
                                Editing a comment
                                You're no better than Doc

                              #35
                              Originally posted by Cid View Post

                              Eh... The swastika was stolen from eastern religions, iirc. And the hood wasn't created to support hate, they just wore them to conceal their identities. Those things became symbols of hate because they were hijacked by and used by hate groups. Basically the exact same thing that the alt right did with Pepe.
                              The swastika was also altered, and putting it on a white circle in a red background makes it so unmistakably Nazi that Germany bans video games that support it. The hood is also unmistakably a KKK's hood, as no one else uses it for anything else.

                              Pepe the frog is basically a 4chan emoji for better or worse.

                              ...And milk is a dairy beverage commonly used for breakfast
                              Last edited by OrganizationXV; January 25th, 2019, 09:12 AM.

                              Comment


                                #36
                                Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                                The swastika was also altered, and putting it on a white circle in a red background makes it so unmistakably Nazi that Germany bans video games that support it. The hood is also unmistakably a KKK's hood, as no one else uses it for anything else.

                                Pepe the frog is basically a 4chan emoji for better or worse.
                                Sure... But they're still ideas that were taken and used by hate groups. That transformed those things into hate symbols. What's the difference between Pepe the Frog and the swastika, really? Both were innocent things that were lifted by hate groups. The only difference, honestly, is the extremity of the actions surrounding those symbols. You don't think that Pepe would become just as infamous if the Alt-Right suddenly decided to become militant and set out to killing minorities while baring flags with Pepe on them?

                                The point I'm making is that a hate symbol becomes a hate symbol when a hate group uses to incite hate. The MAGA hat and Pepe might not be hate symbols, but that doesn't mean they can't easily become them.

                                Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                                ...And milk is a dairy beverage commonly used for breakfast
                                The milk thing is stupid. Fuck those people.

                                Comment


                                  #37
                                  Originally posted by Cid View Post

                                  Sure... But they're still ideas that were taken and used by hate groups. That transformed those things into hate symbols. What's the difference between Pepe the Frog and the swastika, really? Both were innocent things that were lifted by hate groups. The only difference, honestly, is the extremity of the actions surrounding those symbols. You don't think that Pepe would become just as infamous if the Alt-Right suddenly decided to become militant and set out to killing minorities while baring flags with Pepe on them?

                                  The point I'm making is that a hate symbol becomes a hate symbol when a hate group uses to incite hate. The MAGA hat and Pepe might not be hate symbols, but that doesn't mean they can't easily become them.
                                  Okay, yeah. If someone starts murdering Innocents while carrying a flag that unifies an army of racists, then it would be a symbol of hate. But like... That's true of anything, and at least the flag becomes a symbol. It they waved around banners for 2% milk, then milk would be a legit hate symbol.

                                  Pepe as it stands is used for way more than when 4chan gets extra scummy. I rarely see the racist memes but I see Pepe all the damn time.

                                  Comment


                                    #38
                                    Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                                    Okay, yeah. If someone starts murdering Innocents while carrying a flag that unifies an army of racists, then it would be a symbol of hate. But like... That's true of anything, and at least the flag becomes a symbol. It they waved around banners for 2% milk, then milk would be a legit hate symbol.

                                    Pepe as it stands is used for way more than when 4chan gets extra scummy. I rarely see the racist memes but I see Pepe all the damn time.
                                    That's all I was saying, dude. Hate symbols become hate symbols. They're not typically created as hate symbols.

                                    Comment


                                    • OrganizationXV
                                      OrganizationXV commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      I mean... Fair enough I suppose.

                                    #39
                                    the pepe thing was a mid-2016 media troll by 4chan on some conservative anti-trump news site who didn't do a lot of fact checking. it didn't have a huge splash outside of some twitter feeds or what not. Although people who frequently argued politics online may have known about it

                                    the whole mainstream hate-symbol didn't kick in for some months until clinton mentioned it and the ADL got around to adding it to their list about a month before the election

                                    4chan has tried similar media trolls with milk and the "OK" hand-gesture, but the difference is no mainstream news source or political figure has brought national attention to it. Maybe a buzzfeed opinion piece or something, but not major news.
                                    Last edited by The Poster Formerly Known as Teal; January 25th, 2019, 10:42 AM. Reason: wrong date*



                                    Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict;n524194
                                    Racism is a “major issue” only because some people want it to be.

                                    Comment


                                      #40
                                      You know, if these dumb hats are capable of pissing off the whole nation, maybe I SHOULD go walking around in a MAGA-cap and-gasp-smiling at people...MENACINGLY!

                                      It’d be the greatest troll, and I’d barely even need to do anything...

                                      There was apparently some people-fairly small amount, probably 20 or so-somewhere that literally got intimidated by these things and moved away from the guy out of fear...I mean, come on...
                                      Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 25th, 2019, 10:43 AM.

                                      Comment

                                      Working...
                                      X