MAGA Hat = KKK Hat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Do as I say, not as I do."

The United States shouldn't be pulling that kind of shit either. But just because it does in no way means that I can't be angry at Russia. Citizens of the US should be holding both governments accountable for those crimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
      "Do as I say, not as I do."

The United States shouldn't be pulling that kind of shit either. But just because it does in no way means that I can't be angry at Russia. Citizens of the US should be holding both governments accountable for those crimes.
      Sure, but the lack of self-awareness on display whenever you people complain about Russia is still very funny, especially when the "hold both governments accountable" part never really happens and criticism is unilateral. Why don't you bitch more about your own country who has admitted to meddling with democratic elections in other nations instead of worrying about conspiracy theories?
      Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
      Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

Sure, but the lack of self-awareness on display whenever you people complain about Russia is still very funny, especially when the "hold both governments accountable" part never really happens and criticism is unilateral. Why don't you bitch more about your own country who has admitted to meddling with democratic elections in other nations instead of worrying about conspiracy theories?
        As an American citizen, my biggest concern is what happens within my own country, obviously. I frequently condemn the actions of my own government, including those actions taken abroad. However, it's much more important to me that my democracy isn't influenced by outside powers. And it always will be, just as I'm sure you're more concerned with your government or the EU than you are with with the US.

Comment

However, it's much more important to me that my democracy isn't influenced by outside powers.
          And you would probably have a smaller chance of that happening if you didn't meddle with the democracy of foreign powers, like, for example, Russia in the 90s.
          Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

And you would probably have a smaller chance of that happening if you didn't meddle with the democracy of foreign powers, like, for example, Russia in the 90s.
            You're probably right. It still doesn't change my opinion, I'll still fight to have my government hold Russia accountable for what they did. I'll continue to condemn the unjust actions my own government takes too, though. So sleep better at night knowing that I'll disagree with Trump bombs Portugal.

Comment

just remember that if your elections aren't being meddled with, you probably don't matter to the rest of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Aure0lin View Post

just remember that if your elections aren't being meddled with, you probably don't matter to the rest of the world
                You did meddle with our elections in the 70s to stop the communists and I wouldn't doubt it if you had a hand in toppling the fascist regime to win the colonial wars in Africa and get more countries on your side lol

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

"Why you punched him, John?"

"He punched me first!"

"You know two wrongs don't make a right."

That's you bro.
                  I'm not saying either are right, but I can't get outraged by the actions of others when my own country has done the same and worse.

Comment

"Why you punched him, John?"

"He punched me first!"

"You know two wrongs don't make a right."

That's you bro.
                    No, he's pointing out that the pot is calling the kettle black. or for your metaphor:

"Why you punch him John?"

"He punched me first!"

"But you just punched him repeatedly the past few months and beat up all the other kids in the school until they did what you wanted them to"

"That doesn't make what he did right!"

Comment

As an American citizen, my biggest concern is what happens within my own country, obviously. I frequently condemn the actions of my own government, including those actions taken abroad. However, it's much more important to me that my democracy isn't influenced by outside powers. And it always will be, just as I'm sure you're more concerned with your government or the EU than you are with with the US.
                      The problem is that most people don't say that america is in the wrong for our meddling if they even admit to it at all. I believe it was during an interview with Putin that an american reporter even said "it's good when we do it because it's for freedom" or some similar nonsense.

Fact is the way to protect ourselves from Russian meddling is to keep our nose clean so that we can actually have a leg to stand on when someone meddles in our elections. As it stands we basically have been manipulating the world stage and when someone finally turns the tables on us we're clutching our pearls and crying "how dare you"

Comment

Listen, it's already been pointed to me a number of times that the US's own hand's isn't clean either. This doesn't excuse Russia and what it has done. Both should be held accountable, problem is that is much harder to do in the US when our leaders change every 4-8 years. So yea the US should be held accountable but what would that look like? Would it even be fair after so much time has passed?

Now while you reminisce in trying to figure out how to punish a country for actions done a decade or more ago we got a current country doing the same thing the "Mean ol' USA" was doing back decades prior but to a much more far reaching level. So something should definitely be done about that, but no one has really figured out what have they? We are all busy pointing fingers instead of taking care of the problem.

You would think this is something the UN would take care of but that is rather laughable since it has no teeth and no way of putting juggernauts like the US, China or Russia in check. The best we can do right now is condemn it when it happens, bitch to our leaders when it happens and right now we are very certain Russia is fucking with everyone.

Comment

Listen, it's already been pointed to me a number of times that the US's own hand's isn't clean either. This doesn't excuse Russia and what it has done. Both should be held accountable, problem is that is much harder to do in the US when our leaders change every 4-8 years. So yea the US should be held accountable but what would that look like? Would it even be fair after so much time has passed?

Now while you reminisce in trying to figure out how to punish a country for actions done a decade or more ago we got a current country doing the same thing the "Mean ol' USA" was doing back decades prior but to a much more far reaching level. So something should definitely be done about that, but no one has really figured out what have they? We are all busy pointing fingers instead of taking care of the problem.

You would think this is something the UN would take care of but that is rather laughable since it has no teeth and no way of putting juggernauts like the US, China or Russia in check. The best we can do right now is condemn it when it happens, bitch to our leaders when it happens and right now we are very certain Russia is fucking with everyone.
                          What a load of BS.
                          When did you say anything about Syria? Yemen( with proxy) , Afghanistan? Iran? Libya? Palestine (we still support and sell weapons to Israel)? Venezuela? And probably even Brazil?

You absolutely don't care what the US does to other countries, you just don't like it when they finally decide to retaliate.

This is our new reality. We are no longer the undisputed kings of Earth. The sooner we realize that the better. There is a new world order. Asia is becoming, again, the economic giants they were prior to colonization. Our ally Europe is also on a decline in the world stage, hence Brexit. We need to let other emerging powers know that we no longer view them as "shit hole" countries but as valuable peers. Otherwise we are done for.

Comment

Just gonna quote this because I cba to stalk your comments in future (at least learn to tag shit, goddamn).

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post
                            Emperor was not meant to be taken seriously. Just pointing out that he basically has all the power of his country. While Trump has limitations.
                            All the same, the Pope is the one who actually holds the most power. He could virtually conscript 16% of the world's population, regardless of nationality, to reenact the Crusades if he so desired.

Rest in peace, John Dunsworth (1946-2017).

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

The problem is that most people don't say that america is in the wrong for our meddling if they even admit to it at all. I believe it was during an interview with Putin that an american reporter even said "it's good when we do it because it's for freedom" or some similar nonsense.

Fact is the way to protect ourselves from Russian meddling is to keep our nose clean so that we can actually have a leg to stand on when someone meddles in our elections. As it stands we basically have been manipulating the world stage and when someone finally turns the tables on us we're clutching our pearls and crying "how dare you"
                              Well, the primary focus of all of this hasn't even been what Russia did, anyway. It's about whether or not our own President was complicit with it. That's where the overwhelming majority of the focus is at.

But even if that wasn't the case... Why is it bad for citizens to be outraged over a foreign power interfering in our democratic process?

Like I get it, hypocrisy is bad.

But should we honestly just be like "welp, Russia legitimately interfered enough to influence the election of a president. But that's ok, I'm not mad. Our government does that in other countries too."? Is that what you guys are telling me? That I can't be upset solely because my own government did things that I don't agree with, don't endorse, and regularly denounce?

Because that's a load of bullshit, quite frankly.

Comment

You absolutely don't care what the US does to other countries, you just don't like it when they finally decide to retaliate.
                                For once, absolutely based

Comment

What a load of BS.
                                  When did you say anything about Syria? Yemen( with proxy) , Afghanistan? Iran? Libya? Palestine (we still support and sell weapons to Israel)? Venezuela? And probably even Brazil?

This is our new reality. We are no longer the undisputed kings of Earth. The sooner we realize that the better. There is a new world order. Asia is becoming, again, the economic giants they were prior to colonization. Our ally Europe is also on a decline in the world stage, hence Brexit. We need to let other emerging powers know that we no longer view them as "shit hole" countries but as valuable peers. Otherwise we are done for.
                                  LOL.... god, seriously I wonder about where you get your source from. Did I help elect Trump? When did I say I was pro war in the Middle East? When did I say I didn't care? You gotta stop assuming so much cause it is making you look like a jackass.

However you are wrong. US is still on top despite certain leaders in charge right now. We still outspend both Russia and China combine on military. Our technology is more advance than theirs. Trump's trade war with China is actually affecting China's economy so we'll see how that plays out soon enough. There is also no new emerging powers. US, China and Russia are still the top powers of the world and nothing is changing that anytime soon.

Comment

Well, the primary focus of all of this hasn't even been what Russia did, anyway. It's about whether or not our own President was complicit with it. That's where the overwhelming majority of the focus is at.

But even if that wasn't the case... Why is it bad for citizens to be outraged over a foreign power interfering in our democratic process?

Like I get it, hypocrisy is bad.

But should we honestly just be like "welp, Russia legitimately interfered enough to influence the election of a president. But that's ok, I'm not mad. Our government does that in other countries too."? Is that what you guys are telling me? That I can't be upset solely because my own government did things that I don't agree with, don't endorse, and regularly denounce?

Because that's a load of bullshit, quite frankly.

No, the line of argument you have is that we should punish russia, when that's the same line of thinking we had during the cold war. The fact is we're the aggressors in this soft war and in order to seek an end to this type of meddling we have to wash our hands of it first before we can start placing sanctions and the like on others. If we put sanctions on russia for election meddling while we still force outcomes for elections in countries abroad then we are being worse than hypocrites, we're basically playing the role of global hegemony.

Comment

A MAGA Hat is not the equivalent of a KKK gown or headwear, and I find the comparison between the two just as ridiculous as Jussie Smolletts' statements where he alleges that he was severely beaten and sodomized by two Caucasian men donning MAGA Hats as they poured bleach on him while trying to hang him with a rope in the freezing temperatures of a Chicago morning.

Domestic and foreign policy have been extensively discussed upon in this thread, and I've already stated my positions on both subjects thoroughly in other threads, so I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Sunshine View Post
                                        A MAGA Hat is not the equivalent of a KKK gown or headwear, and I find the comparison between the two just as ridiculous as Jussie Smolletts' statements where he alleges that he was severely beaten and sodomized by two Caucasian men donning MAGA Hats as they poured bleach on him while trying to hang him with a rope in the freezing temperatures of a Chicago morning.

Domestic and foreign policy have been extensively discussed upon in this thread, and I've already stated my positions on both subjects thoroughly in other threads, so I'll leave it at that.
                                        Agreed. However I feel it is starting to get the same bad reputation as hoodies.

What do you think it would take for a MAGA hat to become equal to a KKK headgear?

Comment

Agreed. However I feel it is starting to get the same bad reputation as hoodies.

What do you think it would take for a MAGA hat to become equal to a KKK headgear?
                                          That's quite simple.

People just need to keep believing nonsensical and fantasy-driven accusations where X-Minority Person cries to the skies of how they were traumatized by a child's smirk while such child was wearing a MAGA Hat.

That's all it takes to convince folks that racism is alive and wholly prevalent in society, nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                                          X