MAGA Hat = KKK Hat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

Not feeling this Uncle Tomás at ALL, but are you implying Hillary Clinton (or Democrats in general) give a shit about you either? Sure, they might pretend to care, but I would say duplicity is worse than transparent indifference or even outright loathing. A dagger in the front is preferable to one in the back.
    I don't know... Obama did try to pass medicare for all. He had to use the republican version of medicare to even get it to pass. That is after a lot of negotiating with the pouty republicans who surely made it worse than Obama or anyone in his team envision but he did get it to pass. Regardless of the damage it may have caused a few folks, it did help millions of others get coverage.

You gotta give credit where it is due.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

Rewatch that video and listen to the questions he asks them. He asks the white people:

"Your thoughts on voter IDs?"
      "Would you say they are racist?" -- leading the question.
      "Do you think it supresses the african american vote?" -- leading the question

Now check the questions he asks black people.
      "Do you have ID?"
      "Do you know someone who doesn't?"
      "Do you have access to the internet?"
      "Do you know how to use it?"
      "Would you have a problem of showing your ID?"

As you can see, they edit out some of the questions he asked some of the white people and just gave the answers they provided so high chance he could be misrepresenting them. Furthermore in none of the questions he asks black people about Voter IDs. He just says IDs. The two are vastly different things.
      You really grasping for straws on this one, he asks the white people what they think about voter ID laws, many unprovoked say that they are racist. When he probes further about why the would be racist, their answers are that black people are too stupid to know how to get to the DMV or use the internet. So, he asks black people if they have ID and if getting a form of identification was difficult for them. His last line of question is asking black people if they would be fine with showing their ID in order to vote, which is what Voter ID Laws are about. That shit clearly shows what white people think of minorities, black people specifically in this case. They don't see minorities as equals, they infantilize minorities to the point of being much more racist than the people they oppose.

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
      Finally, when democrats say minorities they are not just talking about blacks. They are talking about hispanics, muslims, indians (from India), asians, etc etc. Many of these are legal immigrants who have terrible english and don't follow the new because they don't understand english well. Also yes, they can vote in state and local elections just not federal ones. (Check your district) So a voter ID can affect them. Even from my own experience, when I was growing up there was a lot of kids who spoke spanish and not a hint of english. All the way up to high school I saw this. Sure they understood english but they never spoke it and when they tried it was as bad as any immigrant you run into the street. They certainly wouldn't be paying attention to new laws like a voter ID law.

Now sure they all had IDs. It was drilled into them from high school to carry an ID. However in this city you use your driver's license as an ID everywhere you go. It is a given, if you want to drive you need that. It is not the norm that to vote you would need an ID that is only useful to you once every few years. Meanwhile you need the driver's license everyday.

So yea, I agree that a Voter ID law would impact minorities just not blacks. All the other minorities significantly more.... but only for the first few years. Eventually it'll get around you need an ID to vote and they would get one. They'll just miss an election or two before it clicks.
      You can use your driver's license to vote too, it counts as a form of picture ID.

https://www.usa.gov/voter-id

About half of the states with voter ID laws accept only photo IDs. These include driver’s licenses, state-issued ID cards, military ID cards, and passports
      There's no excuse to be an US citizen of voting age and not have some form of ID. To suggest that it is some how racist to expect that, even of minorities, is dumb and borderline offensive.
      Last edited by King John; February 1st, 2019, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Wait

It's actually a debate in America of whether you should need some sort of ID to vote?

lmao
        Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
        Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
          Wait

It's actually a debate in America of whether you should need some sort of ID to vote?

lmao
          Took a quick glance at other countries.

Seemingly all of them but us have voter ID laws that require a form of ID to present in order to vote.

Obviously all of those countries are racist AF, because what else could possibly explain it?

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
            Wait

lmao
            The only reason it's even a discussion is because of how difficult in can be for minorities to get an id in some areas. In republican controlled states, offices keep getting closed down in poor areas and the people can be forced to travel an hour or two just to get an id. I actually had to travel about 25 miles to get mine, and that's fairly common. Some other areas in my state, the nearest offices can be 40 or 50 miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by King John View Post

That kind of thinking infuriates me way more than people that try and make race a non issue.
              You know how easy it is to do these kind of social experiments and totally skew the results?
              Yeah what they're saying is stupid but that's kinda what happens when you intentionally track down the lowest common denominator to fit your agenda.

Then trick idiots on your side to flock to these type of vids so they start to believe "yep, they're all like this".
              Not that that's exclusive to any side, but still.

Comment

Remember when Joey Salads made a vid about how some black dudes trashed a car covered in Trump merch and someone caught him faking it.

Didn't Souls make a thread about that?

Comment

Actually it was Jay and a different fake Joey Salads prank all together.

https://www.t5forums.com/forum/main-...l-lives-matter

https://www.t5forums.com/forum/main-...ked-an-alm-guy

Comment

You basically can't trust anything on youtube. That's why I laugh at anybody that uses it as a primary source of information.

Comment

Originally posted by Ladd View Post

You know how easy it is to do these kind of social experiments and totally skew the results?
                      Yeah what they're saying is stupid but that's kinda what happens when you intentionally track down the lowest common denominator to fit your agenda.

Then trick idiots on your side to flock to these type of vids so they start to believe "yep, they're all like this".
                      Not that that's exclusive to any side, but still.
                      That video isn't what made me have this perspective, it just perfectly encapsulated it. Most issues white liberals deem as "racist" usually boil down to them seeing minorities as less capable than themselves so they hold them to a lower standard, which I find way more offensive.

Comment

That video isn't what made me have this perspective, it just perfectly encapsulated it. Most issues white liberals deem as "racist" usually boil down to them seeing minorities as less capable than themselves so they hold them to a lower standard, which I find way more offensive.
                        Obviously a single vid didn't change your mindset. It (and similar vids) are a gateway into a rabbithole of extremism.
                        I don't know if you're an extremist yourself, you don't seem like it. But these types of things are very blatantly trying to paint a specific narrative.

And yes being held to a lower standard because I'm a minority does make me angry, but that doesn't mean there aren't people fighting for genuine changes.

Comment

Can I ask you what issues white liberals use that hold minorities to a lower standard? I'm legitimately curious. Because the only ones I can even think of that are talked about are income inequality and jobs. And the numbers undeniably prove that those are two areas are stacked against most minorities.

-edit- Also education is another one, but just like the above issues... The numbers prove the racial biases involved.
                          Last edited by Cid; February 1st, 2019, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

That mindset doesn't really work in politics. The Dems don't give a shit either, that's true. But it's because they pretend to that their constituents can hold them to some form of a standard. We expect Dems to fight against certain things and for certain things, and if they do not they have the legitimate threat of being voted out and replaced. So even if they don't care, they still have to push for legislation that ultimately benefits minorities. Whereas the reps make it known that they don't care and actively seeking to stand against it if they feel their own constituents will stand against it. (Like we gay marriage, for example.)
                            I don't care about ineffectual lip service because I don't believe the end justifies the means.

For example, the Democrats' "United Front" (emphasis on "Front") against DJT. Apparently, cracking down on the brown plague = immoral and unjust just because the dumb-ass in charge wants the metaphorical Wall to become literal... and he's a Republican (so to speak). But, while Obama was still in office, cracking down on those would-be rapists and job-stealers = moral, just, and the American Way. Yeah, no, fuck right on off with that.

Yielding results once in a blue moon doesn't change the fact that they're opportunistic cunts like their opposition. Sorry. Cultists Idiots People who vote down the party line are almost entirely to blame for the stifling power the two parties have accumulated.
                            Last edited by Oneiros; February 3rd, 2019, 02:52 AM.

Rest in peace, John Dunsworth (1946-2017).

Comment

I don't care about ineffectual lip service because I don't believe the end justifies the means.

For example, the Democrats' "United Front" (emphasis on "Front") against DJT. Apparently, cracking down on the brown plague = immoral and unjust just because the dumb-ass in charge wants the metaphorical Wall to become literal... and he's a Republican (so to speak). But, while Obama was still in office, cracking down on those would-be rapists and job-stealers = moral, just, and the American Way. Yeah, no, fuck right on off with that.

Yielding results once in a blue moon doesn't change the fact that they're opportunistic cunts like their opposition. Sorry. Cultists Idiots People who vote down the party line are almost entirely to blame for the stifling power the two parties have accumulated.
                              Everything you said is correct.

But it still doesn't change the fact that democrats will always do more for minorities in a single term than republicans have over the last 50 years.

Not saying that justifies voting down a party line, obviously. Just saying that claiming Dems and Reps are the same is just blatantly false. One party is clearly better by a significant degree, even if they're still awful.

Comment

Everything you said is correct.

But it still doesn't change the fact that democrats will always do more for minorities in a single term than republicans have over the last 50 years.

Not saying that justifies voting down a party line, obviously. Just saying that claiming Dems and Reps are the same is just blatantly false. One party is clearly better by a significant degree, even if they're still awful.
                                Then you're just falling into the worryingly common pitfall of self-catechizing "Who's marginally less worse?" instead of "Who's better?" (as it should be), which perfectly encapsulates everything wrong with the 2016 election. It's kind of hard to effect any sort of change when acquiescence is the default setting for most people whenever things get just a teensy bit inconvenient or hard.
                                Last edited by Oneiros; February 3rd, 2019, 04:52 AM.

Comment

Then you're just falling into the worryingly common pitfall of self-catechizing "Who's marginally less worse?" instead of "Who's somewhat better?" (as it should be), which perfectly encapsulates everything wrong with the 2016 election. It's kind of hard to effect any sort of change when acquiescence is the default setting for most people whenever things get just a teensy bit inconvenient or hard.
                                  You can still ask "who's somewhat better", though. I did that just now, and the answer is the democrats are usually somewhat better than the republicans. It's a rule of thumb and so long as you understand that it's not always true, you're fine.

You can't really look at the two parties, see the stark contrast on things like healthcare, education, and economy and say that the Dems are just as bad, though. And that's my point. Is the party shit? Yes. Are the leaders of the party more concerned with lining their pockets and amassing more power than they are with governing? Of course. But will they vote for better healthcare initiatives, better education initiatives, and fight to increase the minimum wage now that all three things are huge rallying cries for the liberal left? Yes, they will. Good luck getting anything except tax cuts from republicans, though.

If you've got a choice and there's a really good third party candidate... By all means, vote third party. But if your only two choices are a dem and a rep, as it so often is with non-presidential elections... 8 times out of 10, the Dem is the better choice.
                                  Last edited by Cid; February 3rd, 2019, 05:00 AM.

Comment

You can still ask "who's somewhat better", though. I did that just now, and the answer is the democrats are usually somewhat better than the republicans. It's a rule of thumb and so long as you understand that it's not always true, you're fine.

You can't really look at the two parties, see the stark contrast on things like healthcare, education, and economy and say that the Dems are just as bad, though. And that's my point. Is the party shit? Yes. Are the leaders of the party more concerned with lining their pockets and amassing more power than they are with governing? Of course. But will they vote for better healthcare initiatives, better education initiatives, and fight to increase the minimum wage now that all three things are huge rallying cries for the liberal left? Yes, they will. Good luck getting anything except tax cuts from republicans, though.

If you've got a choice and there's a really good third party candidate... By all means, vote third party. But if your only two choices are a dem and a rep, as it so often is with non-presidential elections... 8 times out of 10, the Dem is the better choice.
                                    In regards to domestic policy, sure. But I was mainly alluding to foreign policy (hence me bringing up DJT and HRC), wherein Dems and Repubs are equally shit. Heck, the Dems might be worse.

Obama and Hillary repeatedly tried to out-strongman THE strongman (and failed, repeatedly). :| Trump, on the other hand, tried to mend bridges in spite of being who he is (the egomaniacal quintessential personification of the id) and he was instantly met with calls of "collusion." The Democrats would rather see the entire world burn so they can hold onto something as fleeting as power for a minute while longer, thus they are objectively worse. Which serves as a stark contrast to the Republicans, who more or less despise Trump but still rallied under him so as to preserve sovereignty in Washington. Paul Ryan doesn't deserve a pass, though. Fuck Paul Ryan. A total bitch, through and through.
                                    Last edited by Oneiros; February 5th, 2019, 01:26 AM.

Comment

Trump, on the other hand, tried to mend bridges in spite of being who he is (the egomaniacal quintessential personification of the id) and he was instantly met with calls of "collusion."
                                      Is this a joke? lol

The quality of our relations with the rest of the world are among the lowest its ever been (and significantly better under Obama) and Trump wasn't trying to mend bridges with Putin, he was being an enabler (and still is), which is many times worse. Putin is happy with Trump because he knows Trump is softer on him than he should be. Trump's foreign policies have only benefited Putin.

As for North Korea, it amounted to nothing. They're already back to building nukes.

The Democrats would rather see the entire world burn so they can hold onto something as fleeting as power for a minute while longer, thus they are objectively worse.
                                      Ironically, this describes Trump pretty accurately.

Which serves as a stark contrast to the Republicans, who more or less despise Trump but still rallied under him so as to preserve sovereignty in Washington
                                      Yeah, because giving up their dignity to rally behind somebody they hate and are well aware is an unhinged idiot that needs to be babysat so they can keep their positions of power is something that should be praised. There's a reason why McCain was one of the few Republicans with some self-respect left and whatever the party acts like it still represents died along with him.
                                      Last edited by Raniero; February 5th, 2019, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raniero View Post

Is this a joke? lol

The quality of our relations with the rest of the world are among the lowest its ever been (and significantly better under Obama) and Trump wasn't trying to mend bridges with Putin, he was being an enabler (and still is), which is many times worse. Putin is happy with Trump because he knows Trump is softer on him than he should be. Trump's foreign policies have only benefited Putin.
                                        Just curious, by “Enabling Putin,” you wouldn’t happen to mean “Not giving a shit about Russia?”

And to be fair, we should probably not let the whole hacking-shit-during-our-elections thing go...but aside from that...

Why not just ignore them and let the rest of the world deal with them?

The UN should be the one doing its job in this regard, not us.

And they won’t learn if we take their place...basically all the time, lol.
                                        Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; February 5th, 2019, 02:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Raniero View Post
                                          Am I supposed to give a fuck about countries that are our "friends" or something? Hint: they're not. And even if they were, for the sake of debate, none of them boast the ability to glass the entire US. They'll fall in line, just like they have been. China is another story, but they were already an unfriendly to begin with, so.

Enabler my ass, lmfao. Are you implying Trump is mentally capable of thinking even half a step ahead? Sorry, no. Anyone who genuinely thinks he's been colluding with Russia (especially dating back to and even before the election) is dumber than Trump himself. He's not that smart. Or even smart, really. Whether or not he took money from Putin after winning the presidency to be "soft" on him (which he hasn't been, but OK) is a whole other story.

Yeah, because giving up their dignity to rally behind somebody they hate and are well aware is an unhinged idiot that needs to be babysat so they can keep their positions of power is something that should be praised. There's a reason why McCain was one of the few Republicans with some self-respect left and whatever the party acts like it still represents died along with him.
                                          The only thing worse in a non-self-governing society than a bad leader is no leader. Guess what not (begrudgingly) rallying behind Trump would've achieved? lol
                                          Last edited by Oneiros; February 5th, 2019, 02:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X