Congress of T5 (sign-up)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congress of T5 (sign-up)

This was just a weird little idea I had, with politics now replacing vs./anime/comics as the seemingly predominant topic of discussion + ways to encourage more site activity always being at issue. Curious to see if anyone would be on board with it.

A hybrid politics/RP--Sorta like a T5 equivalent of Model U.N.
    • We take the politically interested dudes of T5.
    • We form a a mock lawmaking body for the theoretical nation of The Peoples' Republic of Takefivia or w/e.
    • President Cid gives us weekly/monthly/we policy prompts for each "session" of lawmaking (i.e. one session could be healthcare. one session could be environmental policy. etc., etc., etc.)
    • We propose + debate policy proposals in each session, vote on them, and at the end of each session whatever passes by majority vote becomes "law"
    ...and then overtime we get to see what the "law" of our mock country looks like, how closely it follows (or how far it deviates from) what our real politicians are actually doing.

And of course we're going to do a better job of it than aforementioned real politicians, because we aren't COMPLETE Shitheads. (have some good discussions and lol some lulz along the way--all in good fun)

Any takers???

Who wants to be a fake lawmaker?

Seems interesting.

I guess I could be a part of it.

Comment

Yes. I like this, it seems like fun.

Comment

Better be prepared for some "freedom of speech", TakeFive.

Comment

I hereby propose a strict ban on people with ff7 avatars

Comment

I could get behind this.

Comment

I'm Very Interested in this.
              Originally posted by Gawayn;n109223
              And Hercules can be any class but Caster. Except he can. If he wore a robe and was beating people with a staff, would you argue with him?

Comment

• RussianCoffeeAddict
                Editing a comment
                Shobby

You see dis dude?

Yeah.

Don’t let him in...

• Killer Loli Illya-Chan
                Editing a comment
                Let me in. Together we can rule using the Meteor throw technique in hilarious ways.

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
              This was just a weird little idea I had, with politics now replacing vs./anime/comics as the seemingly predominant topic of discussion + ways to encourage more site activity always being at issue. Curious to see if anyone would be on board with it.

A hybrid politics/RP--Sorta like a T5 equivalent of Model U.N.
              • We take the politically interested dudes of T5.
              • We form a a mock lawmaking body for the theoretical nation of The Peoples' Republic of Takefivia or w/e.
              • President Cid gives us weekly/monthly/we policy prompts for each "session" of lawmaking (i.e. one session could be healthcare. one session could be environmental policy. etc., etc., etc.)
              • We propose + debate policy proposals in each session, vote on them, and at the end of each session whatever passes by majority vote becomes "law"
              ...and then overtime we get to see what the "law" of our mock country looks like, how closely it follows (or how far it deviates from) what our real politicians are actually doing.

And of course we're going to do a better job of it than aforementioned real politicians, because we aren't COMPLETE Shitheads. (have some good discussions and lol some lulz along the way--all in good fun)

Any takers???

Who wants to be a fake lawmaker?
              You want to make a bunch of kids that could not decide who would win between Goku or superman into pseudo world leaders that would have to make life and death decisions that could destroy the Earth? This is a beautiful experiment, Shob.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

You want to make a bunch of kids that could not decide who would win between Goku or superman into pseudo world leaders.
                Yes.

And they're still not going to fuck up as badly as Democrats and Republicans.

Comment

>the people's republic

You mean The TakeFive Reich?
                  Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                  Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Joining so i can convert the government to communism

Comment

I would turn it into a monarchy.
                      And Hercules can be any class but Caster. Except he can. If he wore a robe and was beating people with a staff, would you argue with him?

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
                        >the people's republic

You mean The TakeFive Reich?
                        I have no objections to "The Fuckocracy"

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

I have no objections to "The Fuckocracy"
                          How about The Greater Human Reich?

I’ve gotta start somewhere, after all...

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

How about The Greater Human Reich?

I’ve gotta start somewhere, after all...

The court of gods?

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Loli Illya-Chan View Post

The court of gods?
                              The Greater Human Reich.

Accept no substitutes.

Comment

The Greater Human Reich.

Accept no substitutes.

Comment

We humans are gods, Illya.

Well...through science...we one day will be...

There is no need for a court of gods, when the Human Master Race will eventually ascend to godhood through its endless self-modification (under the proper direction, of course).

Comment

We humans are gods, Illya.

Well...through science...we one day will be...

There is no need for a court of gods, when the Human Master Race will eventually ascend to godhood through its endless self-modification (under the proper direction, of course).
                                    Strange suspicion indicates you want the events of Evangelion to become Reality.

Comment

Strange suspicion indicates you want the events of Evangelion to become Reality.
                                      Warhammer 40K, actually.

I will create an Imperium of Man one day.

But better.

Faster.

Stronger.

Smarter.

And starting with this e-gov. :3

Comment

Working...
                                      X