PETA's anti-animal language

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

The definition I had when growing up was that a marriage is between a man and a woman. Also that marriage began or at the very least was 99% ran by the church. We have centuries of history of religious leaders marrying a man and a woman. It is one of the oldest traditions that has transcendent across nations one of the few traditions that so many cultures share. Now here we are changing the definition of something so concrete. The word itself has meaning and history. It is held sacred by so many religious people. Why.... why take that away from them?

When you could so easily just develop a new meaning, a new word that you can claim entirely yourselves and say "This is the word we use for joining a same sex couple!" Why ruin it for so many others? That was just the one little thing that bothered me about it simply because their actions affected a whole class of people when it didn't need to.
    O-oh... It's the same stupid reason of "Don't take my beliefs away", except you're not even part of the group that pretends it's being marginalized.

*sigh*, okay...

Dude, I get ridiculed for having empathy for my fellow americans on a distant island or for illegal immigrants trying to make it into America and you are asking me to have empathy for strangers on the other side of the world getting stoned to death in a 3rd world hardcore religious country where their bible is the core of all their laws and for existing? That's a hard sell buddy.

If we strip away the "gay" in this situation it is in essence people getting stone to death. This is no different than me turning on the news and hearing about that drunk driver killing someone. Or another person getting shot. A kid getting shot and dying. There is literally a homicide in my city almost everyday and has been like that for about the past 10 years. These are all strangers, dead that I can do nothing for. Why should I have any empathy for others being stone to death in a country on the other side of the world when young kids are getting gunned down in the streets here in my city??

But I don't need to debate that in these forums right? I don't need to debate the evils of kids dying to gunfire. No one is going to say that is fake or a conspiracy. Like no one is going to say the same about the gays dying in the Middle East or the children dying of AIDs in Africa.

Oh but the moment it comes our fellow Americans struggling to have clean water on a distant island and are dying from water borne illnesses and starvation; that when people are running away from the Cartel who are trying to kill them; that not every American has adequate healthcare and are dying in their homes; or the white nationalists spreading hate and pushing to get non-whites departed out of the US regardless if they are american or not.

Yes yes, these issues! These are definitely worth debating, vigorously until we turn red in the face; while these people suffer and die around us, while fellow americans suffer and die around us. Meanwhile! We should definitely have a big, big, loving heart to gays being stoned to death in the Middle East cause ya know... they are gay.

Yea I wonder who's priorities is really out of whack here but I'll tell ya what. I'll start caring about the gays in the Middle East as soon as we are done debating.
    You get ridiculed for having empathy for those people specifically because you're so callous and ambivalent to gays being stoned. That's everybody's point, that you flip-flop from being a "good-natured Christian boy that just doesn't understand the evil of the world" to a Doc-lite depending on what you happen to be talking about at the moment.

You don't have a limited pool of empathy that can only affect people within a certain mole radius, dude. If you don't see a difference between gays being thrown off buildings and kids being shot, then treat them the same and feel bad for them. Unless you're saying that you also don't care about the kids in your city, of course, but you're not. You're saying it matters more because those strangers live closer to you than the other strangers.

Nah, kids getting shot sucks. No argument there. Just out of curiosity, what would you say to someone that claimed that the kid getting shot in his home town didn't matter, because the kid was a stranger and there was nothing to do about it?

The difference isn't "gay vs. american," unless somehow Doc snuck that in, the difference is "bad thing vs. other bad thing", and you're arguing that there's an arbitrary difference between them because of the proximity to you specifically. And people are calling you out on that NATIONALISTIC idea. Peoe aren't saying you should become a nihilist and stop caring, they're saying you need a basic understanding of the fact that throwing rocks at someone until they're bludgeoned to death is a bad thing no matter where it happens.
    Last edited by OrganizationXV; December 20th, 2018, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
      The MEDITERRANEAN MAN built civilization, you faux-nord indian
      Outside of Greco-Roman contributions, literally nah. And interestingly enough, they were also decivilized af given their... proclivities.

We're the REAL Aryans; you and Hitler can fuck off tbh.

Rest in peace, John Dunsworth (1946-2017).

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

Outside of Greco-Roman contributions, literally nah. And interestingly enough, they were also decivilized af given their... proclivities.

We're the REAL Aryans; you and Hitler can fuck off tbh.
        The PORCHGEESE MAN brought the BASED GRECO-ROMAN civilization to your backwards ass savage continent so you better be thankful, boy. And the anglo, our GREATEST ALLY, gave your home country freedom

we also gave you the slaves you americans loved so much
        Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
        Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Did people really only just now realize that Kajin is a hypocrite who only rides his moral high horse when it's convenient for him?
          Originally posted by Kajin_Style
          I say the japanese schoolgirl. She'll pull out a whistle and summon a mecha to fight for her.
          Meanwhile the catholic girl prays to an imaginary god that throughout all his biblical feats has not once saved someone from a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

Yes, because the etymology of a word like "chorizo" is Iberianese in origin, you fucking cholo.

????
            Oh.. what was that on number 2?

"an extreme of this, especially marked by a feeling of superiroity over other countries."

Seriously bro if you are gonna troll, try harder.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
              O-oh... It's the same stupid reason of "Don't take my beliefs away", except you're not even part of the group that pretends it's being marginalized.

*sigh*, okay...
              Never said Christians were marginalized. Also have stated before I am not religious anymore and that I had cared up until the law changed the meaning of marriage. Afterward, I just shrugged it off. As in... Me being a mature and responsible adult, conceding to a topic (gay marriage) and accepting the new norm regarding it. Why is that such a bad thing that I change? I don't get what the problem is here.

You get ridiculed for having empathy for those people specifically because you're so callous and ambivalent to gays being stoned. That's everybody's point, that you flip-flop from being a "good-natured Christian boy that just doesn't understand the evil of the world" to a Doc-lite depending on what you happen to be talking about at the moment.
              1) Still trying to some parts of the world. For the past 2 years of debating in these forums. I have seen a lot from a group of people I will never met due to geological location. This is good no? It promotes growth and understanding of others. A sharp tongue does not make me Doc-lite, fyi.

You don't have a limited pool of empathy that can only affect people within a certain mole radius, dude. If you don't see a difference between gays being thrown off buildings and kids being shot, then treat them the same and feel bad for them. Unless you're saying that you also don't care about the kids in your city, of course, but you're not. You're saying it matters more because those strangers live closer to you than the other strangers.
              Pick and choose your battles.

You do have a limited pool of empathy. You just haven't found your limit yet if you disagree. You can only give so much before you burn out. Take it from a guy who did that his entire teenage life. If you can physically care for people in another country dying horribly due to the laws of their land and no other evil then more power to you but for me. I care more about the kids dying on my city streets than some gay guy in another country dying. Them is just the facts bro.

I am not Jesus here, nor am I trying to be him. I don't know what kind of twisted righteous and caring soul you see me as, but you really gotta let it go. That's not how people operate.

Nah, kids getting shot sucks. No argument there. Just out of curiosity, what would you say to someone that claimed that the kid getting shot in his home town didn't matter, because the kid was a stranger and there was nothing to do about it?
              Nothing. Caring about others beyond your immediately family is a choice and not an instinctive reaction. Why do you think we got white Nationalists roaming about caring about their own and no others? People can pick and choose. Yet caring for more doesn't make you into some righteous beacon of hope nor does caring for less make you into a monster. Probably an asshole but not a monster lol.

The difference isn't "gay vs. american," unless somehow Doc snuck that in, the difference is "bad thing vs. other bad thing", and you're arguing that there's an arbitrary difference between them because of the proximity to you specifically. And people are calling you out on that NATIONALISTIC idea. Peoe aren't saying you should become a nihilist and stop caring, they're saying you need a basic understanding of the fact that throwing rocks at someone until they're bludgeoned to death is a bad thing no matter where it happens.
              Is lying as bad as murder? No.
              Is stealing as bad as assault? No.
              Is cheating as bad a rape? No.

So there is infact a degree of difference between 1 bad thing and another. Unless you are God... then praise be to Orgy, the New God!

Fyi, Proximity is just one of the differences. The others is one is an adult another is a child; one is totally innocent while the other is breaking old traditions/laws/sinning-- basically a culture thing.

Also I am not saying that people being stone to death isn't a bad thing. I just don't care about it. As in I don't think about, I don't worry about it, I don't debate about it, promote awareness about, etc etc. It is bad, yes I agree but it is also a bad thing I don't care about. Like how I don't care about hookers doing bad things and breaking the law or drug dealers doing bad things and breaking the law. These are evils that happen in the world. A person being stone to death is one of them.

I pick and choose my battles, I pick and choose what I care about and I choose to care more about the kids getting shot and killed than a guy being stone to death in another country. I don't know what is hard to comprehend here. I get the feeling you are just reading your own interpretation of my words and not taking them at face value.

Why not take a day and do a social experiment in your area and see which people care more about, hm? I'm sure the answers you get will be interesting.

Comment

Never said Christians were marginalized. Also have stated before I am not religious anymore and that I had cared up until the law changed the meaning of marriage. Afterward, I just shrugged it off. As in... Me being a mature and responsible adult, conceding to a topic (gay marriage) and accepting the new norm regarding it. Why is that such a bad thing that I change? I don't get what the problem is here.
                It's a personal thing, I'm just looking for a more... legitimate argument against it, I'll say. Seeing as how you're not religious, I figured you might have a better argument than most.

I'm definitely not saying you're bad for changing your viewpoints, by the way. That's great, the world needs more of that.

Pick and choose your battles.

You do have a limited pool of empathy. You just haven't found your limit yet if you disagree. You can only give so much before you burn out. Take it from a guy who did that his entire teenage life. If you can physically care for people in another country dying horribly due to the laws of their land and no other evil then more power to you but for me. I care more about the kids dying on my city streets than some gay guy in another country dying. Them is just the facts bro.

I am not Jesus here, nor am I trying to be him. I don't know what kind of twisted righteous and caring soul you see me as, but you really gotta let it go. That's not how people operate.

Nothing. Caring about others beyond your immediately family is a choice and not an instinctive reaction. Why do you think we got white Nationalists roaming about caring about their own and no others? People can pick and choose. Yet caring for more doesn't make you into some righteous beacon of hope nor does caring for less make you into a monster. Probably an asshole but not a monster lol.
                I think we just operate on a fundamentally different level here, because this doesn't add up in the slightest to me. It's not like it takes any effort on your part to say, "Man, that sucks that people are being thrown off of buildings", I don't see how you could ever be worn out by giving a shit about people who aren't part of any of your social circles. Having empathy doesn't make you Jesus, It just makes you better than white nationalists... You know, those people you hate because they only care about themselves.

Is lying as bad as murder? No.
                Is stealing as bad as assault? No.
                Is cheating as bad a rape? No.

So there is infact a degree of difference between 1 bad thing and another. Unless you are God... then praise be to Orgy, the New God!

Fyi, Proximity is just one of the differences. The others is one is an adult another is a child; one is totally innocent while the other is breaking old traditions/laws/sinning-- basically a culture thing.

Also I am not saying that people being stone to death isn't a bad thing. I just don't care about it. As in I don't think about, I don't worry about it, I don't debate about it, promote awareness about, etc etc. It is bad, yes I agree but it is also a bad thing I don't care about. Like how I don't care about hookers doing bad things and breaking the law or drug dealers doing bad things and breaking the law. These are evils that happen in the world. A person being stone to death is one of them.

I pick and choose my battles, I pick and choose what I care about and I choose to care more about the kids getting shot and killed than a guy being stone to death in another country. I don't know what is hard to comprehend here. I get the feeling you are just reading your own interpretation of my words and not taking them at face value.

Why not take a day and do a social experiment in your area and see which people care more about, hm? I'm sure the answers you get will be interesting.
                I think you're missing my point a little here. I'm not saying that all evils are equal, I'm saying that all evils are bad. I think that it's lamentable that anyone's in any situation that I wouldn't want to be in, basically. I'm not saying you have to go out and protest or fight for justice or donate to the victims or anything like that- just acknowledge that shit sucks man. Kids getting shot doesn't negate the fact that getting stoned to death is bad. There being a law justifying murder doesn't negate that, either. In fact, I'd say it makes it worse.
                Last edited by OrganizationXV; December 21st, 2018, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Oh.. what was that on number 2?

"an extreme of this, especially marked by a feeling of superiroity over other countries."

Seriously bro if you are gonna troll, try harder.
                  Do you even understand what a secondary definition is? The primary definition, which is obviously the one I (or anyone with a brain, really) was referring to, lists "patriotism" as the closest synonym.

"Orange Man and white men who like orange men bad for putting America first, but I good because I has 'solid foundation of good morales, what is right and wrong'."

Rest in peace, John Dunsworth (1946-2017).

Comment

It's a personal thing, I'm just looking for a more... legitimate argument against it, I'll say. Seeing as how you're not religious, I figured you might have a better argument than most.

I'm definitely not saying you're bad for changing your viewpoints, by the way. That's great, the world needs more of that.
                    Sadly no. That's basically it. Guess it is the age of breaking traditions.

I think we just operate on a fundamentally different level here, because this doesn't add up in the slightest to me. It's not like it takes any effort on your part to say, "Man, that sucks that people are being thrown off of buildings", I don't see how you could ever be worn out by giving a shit about people who aren't part of any of your social circles. Having empathy doesn't make you Jesus, It just makes you better than white nationalists... You know, those people you hate because they only care about themselves.
                    See that's the thing. It would be easy for me to say "man it sucks that happens" and then never think about it again. That is what most people do and in essence they just don't care, they are just responding with what they've been nurtured to say. Like when a co-worker or buddy says someone in their family died you tell them "I'm sorry to hear that" and then you have a 5min conversation about it all and never think or speak about it again. Yet said buddy/co-worker lives with that death many times more than you do but still you don't really care.

If you did care, you go a step further and find ways to cheer them up. You buy them a snack, plan an evening to hangout, check up on them, go with them to the funeral, etc etc. You do something, you are pro-active. The same can be said about those gays being thrown off buildings. You look into it, find out what groups are involved, are we funding said groups in anyway? Are we doing deals with them? Are there groups in that country fighting it? Is there a way to support them. Just getting that information shows you care, really care.

You see, I judge people by their actions not their words. Sure I'll take them face value but I'll watch, wait and see if they follow through or not. So for me to say "Man, that sucks." Hints that I care when I really don't either way (For or against). So why lie? Why put on this mask? It is silly.

So maybe we do operate on fundamentally different levels.

I think you're missing my point a little here. I'm not saying that all evils are equal, I'm saying that all evils are bad. I think that it's lamentable that anyone's in any situation that I wouldn't want to be in, basically. I'm not saying you have to go out and protest or fight for justice or donate to the victims or anything like that- just acknowledge that shit sucks man. Kids getting shot doesn't negate the fact that getting stoned to death is bad. There being a law justifying murder doesn't negate that, either. In fact, I'd say it makes it worse.
                    I never said or implied that getting stoned to death isn't bad. I however don't see how acknowledging that it sucks proves I care, because yea it does suck but by my own standards (as mentioned above) I don't truly care. I just agree to it being a bad situation they are in and hopefully something is done about it. However... is that caring? No way! Because to care you must show it through action even if tiny, it has to be shown through action. Just saying the words does not even fulfill the googled definition of caring.

Comment

Sadly no. That's basically it. Guess it is the age of breaking traditions.
                      Seems to be.
                      See that's the thing. It would be easy for me to say "man it sucks that happens" and then never think about it again. That is what most people do and in essence they just don't care, they are just responding with what they've been nurtured to say. Like when a co-worker or buddy says someone in their family died you tell them "I'm sorry to hear that" and then you have a 5min conversation about it all and never think or speak about it again. Yet said buddy/co-worker lives with that death many times more than you do but still you don't really care.

If you did care, you go a step further and find ways to cheer them up. You buy them a snack, plan an evening to hangout, check up on them, go with them to the funeral, etc etc. You do something, you are pro-active. The same can be said about those gays being thrown off buildings. You look into it, find out what groups are involved, are we funding said groups in anyway? Are we doing deals with them? Are there groups in that country fighting it? Is there a way to support them. Just getting that information shows you care, really care.

You see, I judge people by their actions not their words. Sure I'll take them face value but I'll watch, wait and see if they follow through or not. So for me to say "Man, that sucks." Hints that I care when I really don't either way (For or against). So why lie? Why put on this mask? It is silly.

So maybe we do operate on fundamentally different levels.

I never said or implied that getting stoned to death isn't bad. I however don't see how acknowledging that it sucks proves I care, because yea it does suck but by my own standards (as mentioned above) I don't truly care. I just agree to it being a bad situation they are in and hopefully something is done about it. However... is that caring? No way! Because to care you must show it through action even if tiny, it has to be shown through action. Just saying the words does not even fulfill the googled definition of caring.
                      It's not lying or putting on a mask, it's experiencing a genuine emotion, whether or not you're able to do anything about the situation. I can't cure PR's mom, for example, and there was nothing I could do for Helly's grandma or his mom. I can't bring people back from the dead, and I didn't send a get-well-soon card to say that I did something about it so I can justify my caring for them. Does that mean that I was lying to myself when I teared up on two of the three occasions? Am I just a sociopath tricking myself into believing I care?

Let's go back to the kids getting shot in your city. How many gift baskets did you send to the families to tell yourself that you cared about it? How many funerals did you bankroll, and how many laws have you changed to make the streets safer? What's the least you can do before you care?

Comment

Working...
                      X