western propaganda

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

western propaganda

so i did rigorous snooping through every article made from western outlets such as cnn on china, and compiled a list of things i learned from the 50 or so articles i scoured.
    • China is stealing our technology
    • China's economy is doomed to fail
    • China is colonising the US with investment
    • China is a dangerous, and here's why
    • China is a corrupt shithole
    • China is on the brink of collapse
    • China is in a bubble that is about to pop
    • China is oppressing it's people
    • China is killing and murdering innocent people
    • China is spreading spies to the west
    • China is a threat to national security and freedom
    • etc, etc
    You know something is cut and dry propaganda, when the target is both "weak" and a "threat" at the same time.

And that's just a selection of common anti-Chinese articles with a "clear and sharp point", there are way more articles on China and even more on the east. The only other country seeing this amount of negative press in Russia, another country that is grossly stereotyped and mocked by the west

It's not just the media, the western education system sings gospels about how great the country is, how great the west is, and it's "numerous achievements". etc

The west has created a media, education and politics infrastructure that is designed to benefit them. Keep as many immigrants as poor and as you can and as poorly educated as you can, so that whites stay on top. I mean the average Asian is 3 times more well educated than a White person in the west, yet they are almost as poorly represented in the middle/upper class as Black people are. They appear less in work that requires a great education and are underrepresented in the technology, finance, management and science sectors to name a few.

If you think America and the west is "the land of rights and freedom" you're wrong, it puts up a facade of acceptance and freedom. But you get there and you quickly realise it's a racist and highly supremacist society, the "American dream" is strictly a goal for Whites, Europe is xenophobic and frequently promotes racist and supremacist ideals. You'd have to sell yourself to successfully integrate into western society, it's not about respecting western culture and beliefs. It's about submitting yourself to it if you want to or not. And the government knows this, using to to it's advantage. There's a reason why no matter how many "progressive" laws are implemented that nothing changes.
    Last edited by Sza; November 26th, 2018, 10:45 PM.

What's China saying about us though?
    Originally posted by Wade
    We can't be supreme while also supporting inclusiveness

Comment

Tell me; do you feel Taiwan is a different country?

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
        What's China saying about us though?
        Probably the truth 🙄

Comment

Originally posted by Sza View Post
          the "American dream" is strictly a goal for Whites
          I thank The True Creator that I wasn't born Chinese every single day. #WhiteAndProud

Comment

I was speaking to an Ivy League educated Chinese PhD student the other day. Smart girl. Well-schooled.

...She didn't know what the Tiananmen Square Massacre was...

Grew up in China her entire life and never heard about it. Its not in the Chinese history books, you can't google it from a Chinese search engine or link to it from an online encyclopedia, and absolutely no one talks about it on the Chinese news or in the Chinese government or in the Chinese academic community.

The Party purged it from historical memory--it's a thing that never happened.

...so I showed her the wikipedia page on it while she was in New Jersey.

And she wasn't even mad. She was like: "Yeah--thats the kind of thing we know not to ask questions about. "Troublemakers" go looking for this. The Party tells us what we need to know--we don't need to know that."

We've produced some pretty ridiculous propaganda in The West...but China...

ohhhhhhhhh boy--that is impressive.

China is the World Champ of state propaganda.
            Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; November 27th, 2018, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
              We've produced some pretty impressive propaganda in The West...but China...

ohhhhhhhhh boy--that is impressive.

China is the World Champ of state propaganda.
              You do realize you're basically using "yeah we have propaganda..... but LOOK OVER HERE!" as a legit argument?

and besides? you named one incident with the government hiding their heinous actions.The US government covered up their own WAR CRIMES in vietnam and wiped it off the face of the national database.

That alone speaks alot for itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

I thank The True Creator that I wasn't born Chinese every single day. #WhiteAndProud
                well, i may have exaggerated a couple of things, but atm, white privilege definitely exists, and you're a fool to think otherwise.

Comment

The US government covered up their own WAR CRIMES in vietnam
                  They didn't really "cover up" anything in Vietnam. They just don't talk about it very often. I learned quite a bit in my college history course, we actually had a Vietnamese student in the class that talked about their side of the story and... it matches up pretty well with what the history teacher was talking about.

You see, the US doesn't restrict access to information and toss people in jail for questioning our country's role in war. All of the US' "crimes" are freely open for us citizens to learn about and chastise our nation for. Or have you never heard of "Manifest Destiny?"

well, i may have exaggerated a couple of things, but atm, white privilege definitely exists, and you're a fool to think otherwise.
                  White privilege exists, I know. But most people don't really know what it is and what it means and just incorrectly uses it as a blanket term.

Comment

They didn't really "cover up" anything in Vietnam. They just don't talk about it very often. I learned quite a bit in my college history course, we actually had a Vietnamese student in the class that talked about their side of the story and... it matches up pretty well with what the history teacher was talking about.
                    Then explain why there are 30,000 written books on this incident, and why none of them focus on what is probably the biggest civilian casualty in history?

it was only until author Nick Turse discovered it in secret US military archives, which he used as the primary sources for his new(ish) book, Kill Everything That Moves: The Real American War in Vietnam

and yes, they did take down nearly everything about from national archives

You see, the US doesn't restrict access to information and toss people in jail for questioning our country's role in war. All of the US' "crimes" are freely open for us citizens to learn about and chastise our nation for.
                    I'm willing to bet this notion as plain false. I can name half a dozen instances that there are cases where US had attempted to cover up it's own crimes. Do you really believe the world's mightiest, most corrupt military's shit don't stink?

i mean come on, it's really not hard to discover sources indicating this very notion i'm suggesting

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-hid...war-1538664997

https://www.history.com/news/my-lai-...-army-cover-up

https://historynewsnetwork.org/article/1802

amongst many more.

Last edited by Sza; November 27th, 2018, 11:23 AM.

Comment

You do realize you're basically using "yeah we have propaganda..... but LOOK OVER HERE!" as a legit argument?
                      No--I'm saying your propaganda and the lengths your government goes to enforce it is magnitudes greater than what any Western Country has done for at least the past 50 years now. (the last time The Western Powers conducted a propaganda campaign + comprehensive purging of all dispositve information and dissenting voices that went against the propaganda comparable to what is routinely done in modern China was in the late 60s, during the height of the Vietnam War effort and the Hippy Counterculture)

Like--right now. I'm on a computer in the physical territory of the United States googling "American War Crimes in Vietnam" I can link to online directories. I can read scholarly articles. I can bring up the iconic image of Vietnamese children fleeing an American napalm strike on their village under the watch of armed soldiers that's in every American history book:

...and State Police aren't coming to my office to take me away to a "re-education" camp + beat me and electrocute me and make me shit myself, until I renounce my sedition against the United States and declare that I was influenced by foreign adversaries to make outrageous lies about our government and our armed forces--who would of course never do such a thing.

Go back to China and google "Chinese Government Human Rights Violations against Pro-Democracy Protesters. Watch what happens.

(in the interest of not breaking the ban on telling members to kill themselves I have to add--don't actually go back to China and google "Chinese Government Human Rights Violations against Pro-Democracy Protesters." That was a rhetorical suggestion.)
                      Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; November 27th, 2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

it was only until author Nick Turse discovered it in secret US military archives, which he used as the primary sources for his new(ish) book, Kill Everything That Moves: The Real American War in Vietnam
                        Seems you just proved my point. A US citizen was able to research the truth and publish a book and the government didn't stop him.

We live in the age of information, Solar. The United States government is corrupt, but it's not as corrupt as the Chinese government. I can freely learn about all the atrocities my country committed throughout it's history and can even call the President a moron and openly criticize him on social media under my real name... And nothing happens to me as a result. If I were doing that in China, I'd be tossed in jail and never heard from again.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

No--I'm saying your propaganda and the lengths your government goes to enforce it is magnitudes greater than one any Western Country has done for at least the past 50 years now.
                          You deny it yet you continue to do it?

Look, i'm not denying my country does propaganda for that matter, just know that you're basically trying to excuse western propaganda in favor of "well x country does it far worse", as if that justifies anything. Chinese propaganda has little to nothing to do in a thread about western propaganda, as that may be an entirely different debate altogether. I do appreciate you enthusiasm for this topic however.

Go back to China and google "Chinese Government Human Rights Violations against Pro-Democracy Protesters. Watch what happens.

(in the interest of not breaking the ban on telling members to kill themselves I have to add--don't actually go back to China and google "Chinese Government Human Rights Violations against Pro-Democracy Protesters." That was a rhetorical suggestion.)
                          as far as censorship goes...

Chinese middle class and the government FEARs instability. When shit goes down in the US, it will deal with whiney redditors, angry public demonstrations, but eventually it blows over. The West never has to worry about the backbone of its government being dismantled. Westerners in general take pride of its political system (democracy) so the worst they can do is impeach a president or replace some politicians. China is different as in discontent leads directly to the backbone of its government. In China's long history almost every national "demonstration" lead to revolution and bloodshed. For many Chinese, things like censorship is a small price to pay for general stability.

This is all i will have to say on the matter of china. I would like to go back to talking about the west for now. Also, i would like to point out that you knowing one chinese person unaware of tiananmen square does not mean all chinese does not know about it. It's a fairly widespread event that many chinese celebrate.

I even attended one btw.

Last edited by Sza; November 27th, 2018, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Yes. Your opening post mentions China in damn nearly every sentence, but this thread has nothing to do with China.

Comment

Yes. Your opening post mentions China in damn nearly every sentence, but this thread has nothing to do with China.
                              look cid, i mentioned china and russia in the opening post because i was pointing out some obvious propaganda on behalf of the west...

the thread just railed off in a direction about propaganda in china, which isn't the point.

Comment

look cid, i mentioned china and russia in the opening post because i was pointing out some obvious propaganda on behalf of the west...

the thread just railed off in a direction about propaganda in china, which isn't the point.
                                It kind of is the point. You're whining about "western propaganda" making China look bad... But you're glossing over the fact that nearly all that "propaganda" is rooted in fact and the Chinese government just happens to cover it all up. lol

Comment

It kind of is the point. You're whining about "western propaganda" making China look bad...
                                  That was a literal example.

If i made a PS4 thread whining about how grossly overstated it's errors are compared to the xbox, it doesn't mean it we should suddenly start talking about xbox does it?

That is the definition of scapegoating and another example of a cop out argument.

But you're glossing over the fact that nearly all that "propaganda" is rooted in fact
                                  So now you're saying it's fact? What is china then? A threat to the world but also very weak that it will collaspe in on itself at the same time? i see.

and the Chinese government just happens to cover it all up. lol
                                  Yeah chinese is bad, but not as bad as PAKISTAN!

but really though, USA is not really any better in this regard.

Comment

it doesn't mean it we should suddenly start talking about xbox does it?
                                    Yes.

So now you're saying it's fact? What is china then? A threat to the world but also very weak that it will collaspe in on itself at the same time? i see.
                                    Yes. China's government is artificially inflating it's economy because of how bad things are in the country. Yes, it shows weakness. Yes it's still dangerous because if China collapses, it takes most of the rest of the world with it.

Yeah chinese is bad,
                                    We know.

Comment

Answer my question 男人 do you feel Taiwan should be its own free and independent country. I really need to know how far up the CCP's ass your head is

Comment

Then explain why there are 30,000 written books on this incident, and why none of them focus on what is probably the biggest civilian casualty in history?

and yes, they did take down nearly everything about from national archives
                                        Are you advocating for government forced involvement in written media?

How very China of you.

Comment

Working...
                                        X