USA ranked as one of the least peaceful countries to live in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cid View Post
    Ohhhh, those guys... I like to pretend they don't exist. Like all of Florida. And Cali.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

Ohhhh, those guys... I like to pretend they don't exist. Like all of Florida. And Cali.
      You like to pretend that voters don’t exist?

Comment

Originally posted by Augustus Caesar View Post

I like to pretend that too, in all fairness to Morph.

Comment

Originally posted by Augustus Caesar View Post

People who voted for third-party candidates like Jill Stein, misguided souls though they may be, sort of exist, sure.

Comment

People who voted for third-party candidates like Jill Stein, misguided souls though they may be, sort of exist, sure.
            First you diss florida, now you diss Jill Stein voters, now I'm obligated to say :fuck you

In any case, this is no shocker. U.S is the lowest ranked in everything for a "developed" country. And it was also ranked the biggest threat to world peace.

Comment

Imagine liking peace

Comment

they're just nervous about black friday

Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n507543
                This is what your racist, pepe memes get you. Death. Death of innocents.

Comment

Originally posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post

First you diss florida, now you diss Jill Stein voters, now I'm obligated to say :fuck you
                  Voting third-party when no political realignment is consequently achieved is the very definition of a wasted vote. You'd have been better off showing solidarity by simply not voting and having a grand total of one Californian voting for Trump and two Floridians for Hillary instead of the "high" turnout we got.

Comment

China would probably be a lot higher up the list if it wasn't a country where the government could make you disappear for the offense of criticizing a party leader. Or openly expressing faith in a Western religion. Or search-term googling something like "student protests in Hong Kong."

The populace itself is largely peaceful.

Its the state-sanctioned violence that's holding it back.
                    Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; November 21st, 2018, 10:09 AM.

Comment

Voting third-party when no political realignment is consequently achieved is the very definition of a wasted vote. You'd have been better off showing solidarity by simply not voting and having a grand total of one Californian voting for Trump and two Floridians for Hillary instead of the "high" turnout we got.
                      I think this argument is stupid. Sure, if the popular vote actually mattered, I would agree with you. But what about someone like me? The chances of Alabama's electoral votes going to a democrat are about as good as my chances of winning the lottery (when I don't even play it.) So my vote is essentially worthless unless I'm voting for the republican.

I voted for Jill. Had I voted for Hillary, nothing would have changed. At least by voting for a third party, I was trying to increase the chances of that third party getting Federal funding for 2020 as opposed to voting for Hillary, which would yeild absolutely nothing.

Swing states are one thing. If your state could go red or blue, then yeah... Voting for a third party might be a bad idea. But if your state is solid, then a third party vote is the best choice if you don't like either of the major candidates.

Comment

Not voting isn't showing solidarity, though. People interpret a lack of voters as people too lazy or stupid to vote, not that the candidates involved are particularly terrible.

That said, Jill Stein's total votes were enough to make the difference for Hillary to beat out Trump. I think that definitely says something, that enough people to swing an election decided to vote against both the top parties.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                          That said, Jill Stein's total votes were enough to make the difference for Hillary to beat out Trump. I think that definitely says something, that enough people to swing an election decided to vote against both the top parties.
                          Even if all of Jill's voters had voted for Hillary, she still would have lost. Wisconsin and Michigan are the only two states that would have changed if Hillary got all of Stein's votes. Trump would still have won the electoral votes, 280 to 258. Hillary needed to win Wisconsin, Michigan, and Florida. But Trump was up by some 150,000 votes in Florida, double the number of votes Jill got in the state.

Gary Johnson had enough votes in many states to sway the election one way or another. But I'd argue that a vast portion of Johnson's votes would have otherwise went to Trump, since libertarians tend to skew more conservative with a lot of their ideals. Anyone that says that Jill Stein cost Hillary the election simply hasn't looked up the numbers.

-edit-

Hillary could have won Pennsylvania instead of Florida, but even in Pennsylvania, Trump was up by 60,000 votes compared to Jill's 48,000. So that wouldn't have made a difference either. And again, if you're talking about Jill Stein, you have to consider Gary Johnson as well. If most of Gary's votes went to Trump, he'd have won Nevada, Colorado, New Mexico, Minnesota, Maine, and New Hampshire. So third party or not, Trump wins. It just goes to show how awful Hillary was, if anything.
                          Last edited by Cid; November 21st, 2018, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

I think this argument is stupid. Sure, if the popular vote actually mattered, I would agree with you. But what about someone like me? The chances of Alabama's electoral votes going to a democrat are about as good as my chances of winning the lottery (when I don't even play it.) So my vote is essentially worthless unless I'm voting for the republican.

I voted for Jill. Had I voted for Hillary, nothing would have changed. At least by voting for a third party, I was trying to increase the chances of that third party getting Federal funding for 2020 as opposed to voting for Hillary, which would yeild absolutely nothing.

Swing states are one thing. If your state could go red or blue, then yeah... Voting for a third party might be a bad idea. But if your state is solid, then a third party vote is the best choice if you don't like either of the major candidates.
                            Eh, given how we saw Trump flip so-called solid blue states in front of our very eyes, your way of thinking is moot. Therefore, assuming AL couldn't possibly go blue just because it's AL might've been why it remained red -- a self-fulfilling prophecy. No doubt that's what people in Michigan thought about it going red, hence not bothering to vote Hillary...

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

Not voting isn't showing solidarity, though. People interpret a lack of voters as people too lazy or stupid to vote, not that the candidates involved are particularly terrible.

I disagree. After Bernie got all the young people (who weren't autistic Pepefags) so hyped up for the first time in decades, a low voter turnout would've been extremely telling. At the very least, it would've been a slap in the face of the DNC.
                            Last edited by Oneiros; November 21st, 2018, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Refusal to vote is a type of civil disobedience. One that my man Lupe Fiasco engages in.

For what it's worth, though, Trump proved to be SUCH a downie that he actually inspired Lu to vote, rofl.

Comment

But seriously, what does this topic have to do with Trump? lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
                                  it was posted on t5
                                  Originally posted by Kajin_Style
                                  I'm trying to understand but my solid foundation of good morales, what is right and wrong, and my upbringing in church just can't make any sense of this crazy world we live in now.

Comment

Eh, given how we saw Trump flip so-called solid blue states in front of our very eyes, your way of thinking is moot. Therefore, assuming AL couldn't possibly go blue just because it's AL might've been why it remained red -- a self-fulfilling prophecy. No doubt that's what people in Michigan thought about it going red, hence not bothering to vote Hillary....
                                    Michigan and Wisconsin, states that usually went blue, are always close. 55-45 at the extremes. Kind of nothing compared to Alabama, which goes red by something like 65 to 70% every election

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
                                      same reason everyone said "thanks obama" during his term, even ironically
                                      Originally posted by DokTOR.
                                      I am quite a fan of penis yes

Comment

Originally posted by Tezcatlipoca View Post

^
                                        Well, duh. You have violent guys like him living in your country. What do you expect?

Comment

It's also known as one of the safest if WW III starts.

Comment

Working...
                                          X