POLICE BRUTALITY

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Helly View Post
    I thought you looked down on Youtube political channels.
    ...for unqualified opinions and reactions and "debates" between basement-dwelling psuedo intellectuals? Yeah. Can't stand that shit.

For firsthand primary source documentation of encounters between police officers and private citizens?

Thats one of the things that youtube is actually good for.

Hell--I'll use that as evidence in a court-of-law (that video would be Exhibit A to my civil action complaint if I was filing a antidiscrimination lawsuit against the offending officers)

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

...for unqualified opinions and reactions and "debates" between basement-dwelling psuedo intellectuals? Yeah. Can't stand that shit.

For firsthand primary source documentation of encounters between police officers and private citizens?

Thats one of the things that youtube is actually good for.

Hell--I'll use that as evidence in a court-of-law (that video would be Exhibit A to my civil action complaint if I was filing a antidiscrimination lawsuit against the offending officers)
      Bro, you CANNOT be serious. Shob, cmon, lol....Do you have any idea how many "social experiment" videos there are of Trump fans being "harassed" and "assaulted" on Youtube? How do we know the creators didn't ommit any critical information, such as earlier failed attempts to catch the PD's attention, or maybe they tried different tactics the latter of which was more dramatic and justifiably solicited a more severe response?

Keep in mind this is assuming that the authorities in the video weren't coopting the supposed experiment, or that they're even real policemen.

Comment

I'm kind of with Helly on this one. People use Youtube to look genuine but it's easy to fake shit. It shouldn't necessarily hold up in court.

Not saying it has to be fake, I'm just saying that people know how to make things look real.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

Bro, you CANNOT be serious. Shob, cmon, lol....Do you have any idea how many "social experiment" videos there are of Trump fans being "harassed" and "assaulted" on Youtube? How do we know the creators didn't ommit any critical information, such as earlier failed attempts to catch the PD's attention, or maybe they tried different tactics the latter of which was more dramatic and justifiably solicited a more severe response?
          The defense can make the argument that "critical information" has been omitted, and that the video shows something other than disparate treatment on the basis of race.

If a Plaintiff hands me that video (in an open carry state, at any rate) I'm putting it into suit.

Comment

Either way, I don't think the video works very well in the context we're looking at it for. Would a white gunner not be as likely as a black one to be shot down without any questions being asked, assuming that the cops walk in on a situation where they know someone's shooting the whole place up?

It's a different context. Black people make cops more nervous, but so do guys actively shooting other people. The situation would already be tense, I don't really see many cops not shooting a white "good guy with gun" the same way they shot the black one.

Comment

...well the American thing to do here is obvious...

We need more good guys with guns to stop the good guys with guns stopping the good guys with guns to stop the bad guys with guns.

Comment

The defense can make the argument that "critical information" has been omitted, and that the video shows something other than disparate treatment on the basis of race.

If a Plaintiff hands me that video (in an open carry state, at any rate) I'm putting it into suit.
                To be perfectly frank, Shob, ever since the farce of a trial involving Sheeran and Gaye, I could give a shit what a court of 'justice' would or would not allow

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Tpi4d3YM79Q

Anyway, the two clips don't involve the same officers, in fact I don't even know if they're in the same state. The first one is shot when the two parties are mid-conversation and we don't know how that happened, but I'm assuming the caucasoid guinea pig wasn't just brazenly walking towards a squad car.

Comment

Oh intellectual property law is all kinds of horseshit--no argument there.

I don't do IP.

Comment

Oh intellectual property law is all kinds of horseshit--no argument there.

I don't do IP.
                    I can imagine. Makes my blood boil. Lol.

Anyway, two incidents is an underwhelming sample size when you're trying to make the case that there's an epidemic of racism within US law enforcement, and sensationalist articles from media outlets competing for the attention of the masses will have you believe any number of narratives depending on what your political inclination is. It's scarcely any better than anectodal evidence, imo....I need numbers, not stories. Everyone has stories. I have lots of stories from my middle and high school where mostly everyone was black or hispanic, but none of them involve people getting shot or detained so I doubt they'll be interesting to CNN or NBC.

Comment

Working...
                    X