Racism in America

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Racism in America

do you think america is racist? That it's a serious issue boiling up? Have americans been sidestepping the issue and avoiding it? Do we need to address such an issue?

Discuss.

Yes, yes, yes, and yes.
    This is absolutely not in question; any contention is, or at least should be, with respect to the prevalence of racism and its discernible impacts on modern society as well as what we can and should do to ameliorate it.

"Listen, Bubbs: hear that? The sounds of the whispering winds of shit."
    Rest in peace, John Dunsworth (1946-2017).

Comment

Originally posted by P408370R View Post
      Yes, yes, yes, and yes.
      This is absolutely not in question; any contention is, or at least should be, with respect to the prevalence of racism and its discernible impacts on modern society as well as what we can and should do to ameliorate it.
      interesting. are you an american? Usually the americans i speak of this issue (especially online) tend to avoid discussing it.

What do you feel of movements like BLM or the KKK? do you believe these movements and why they do this? and do you think a group like the KKK is still around/prevalent?

this issue seems very hard to ignore when you think of media nowadays, especially with so many innocent minority being shot without any legal recourse or action done on the victim.
      Last edited by Sza; November 12th, 2018, 05:04 PM.

Comment

nah it's cool, head on over

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict;n524194
        Racism is a “major issue” only because some people want it to be.

Comment

Hey wtf happened to all the other members? Like souls, kidd, A18, jay, etc? Why all the neat members gone bruh? The fuck bro. No wonder this place suck now.

Comment

yeah there seems to be a lot of animosity towards white people in america these days
            Originally posted by Kajin_Style
            I have this illness called "Having-a-Heart" and gives me this irrational sense of empathy and care for my fellow man.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
              Hey wtf happened to all the other members? Like souls, kidd, A18, jay, etc? Why all the neat members gone bruh? The fuck bro. No wonder this place suck now.
              *Pets your face.*

It's only a matter of time until you get banned as well~

"Listen, Bubbs: hear that? The sounds of the whispering winds of shit."

Comment

Originally posted by Pocket Rocket View Post
                yeah there seems to be a lot of animosity towards white people in america these days
                "Brown people want us to stop treating them like shit? "NO BULLY PLS!"

Comment

most americans who you talk to will say that racism exists though the scope differs based on who you talk to and is influenced by political leanings, the left leaning view says it's systematic and/or widespread while the right will say it's relatively uncommon

personally it seems that most people know not to say or do racist things in public but in private ive heard some whites/asians say some pretty nasty things about mexican/black/arab people
                  Last edited by Aure0lin; November 13th, 2018, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saffron View Post
                    personally it seems that most people know not to say or do racist things in public but in private ive heard some whites/asians say some pretty nasty things about mexican/black/arab people
                    Yeah, this is why I can appreciate open racist like rednecks and old people. They're still pieces of shit, but at least you know what you're dealing with. Nowadays you can befriend someone, think everything is cool, and then a soon as you have a falling out you're just another "nigger/spic/kike/Mudslime" etc...

It's just like Malcom X's wolf and the fox analogy. When the sheep sees the wolf, the sheep is prepared to defend itself because the wolf will make no mistake about its intentions to make a meal out of it, whereas the fox will "befriend" and groom the sheep until it's off guard then BAM.

Comment

Yes, no, no, no.

Racism is human nature, literally everyone is racist to an extent, consciously or subconsciously
                      Last edited by DokTOR.; November 13th, 2018, 07:15 AM.
                      Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                      Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
                        Yes, no, no, no.

Racism is human nature, literally everyone is racist to an extent, consciously or subconsciously
                        have you even spent an hour of your life outside of portugal

Comment

Originally posted by Sza View Post
                          do you think america is racist?
                          Yes.

That it's a serious issue boiling up?
                          Depends what you mean by "boiling up." Its always been a serious issue. For a number of reasons, however, its back in the forefront now.

Have americans been sidestepping the issue and avoiding it?

...many white americans today have been raised to believe that "racism" isn't a problem any more; it was a problem in the 1960s. Then we abolished segregation and passed the Civil Rights Act and made laws against discrimination in employment and in places of public accommodations. Thats it. Problem solved. No more racism.

They've sold themselves on this idea that its not as bad as it use to be, because we've made some progress means Done. We fixed the problem. Racial equality in America has been a thing for the past 50 years now. You have all the same rights and opportunities as white people now--what are you people still complaining about???

Which is erroneous.

its not as bad as it use to be, because we've made some progress means its not as bad as it use to be, because we've made some progress--nothing more.

But good luck explaining that to a white kid whose been raised on the culture myth of its all better now and whose never actually experienced adverse treatment on the basis of race in his own life or community. And who has it in his head that the people complaining about racism are must be the real racists, because if racism isn't a problem and everyone is equal but they still want more done, they must want whites to have fewer rights then non-whites and their policies must be "reverse discrimination." (not so much of a "sidestep," as an unwillingness or inability to see the actual problem)

Do we need to address such an issue?
                          We need to keep making the kind of progress we've been making in recent decades and not get overly bogged down in the fact that we're currently in a cultural backswing, where for the first time in half a century mainstream, normalized racism is increasing rather than decreasing in popularity and vocalization and political power. And gradually encroaching back into public policy rather than gradually being removed from it.

I don't think this a permanent development.

I think this is part of the ying-yang theory of politics that every movement carries the seeds of its own counter movement. (i.e two steps forward. one step back.)

And I think the situation is going to naturally play itself out where after Trump and Trumpism and this new 21st century "nationalist" movement he's been spearheading have had their time in the sun--along with all the social upheaval and discord and discontent that comes with it--there's going to be a new 21st century liberalism born in opposition thereto that's going to start looking mighty appealin. When shit starts hitting the fan at terminal velocity, and the nationalists have been in charge long enough that they're the new "establishment" that catches the blame for it.

And I think when that happens, the country is going to swing harder to the left than we've ever seen it swing before.

In the current political climate, however, I simply don't see how the issue can be feasibly addressed. Its like a fever that has to run its course--sometimes all you can do is sweat it out.

I will say that for all its faults, America has historically been and continues to be the most successful multiethnic society since the Roman Empire.

Trump for his part has spun that success story into the lament of a beleaguered master race, threatened by conniving inferiors who would steal their wealth and usurp their power and degrade the gene people and the character of their country.

And the fact that ~40% of the country at any given time responds positively to this message speaks to how far we still have to go.

But the incredible pushback against it speaks to how far we've come.
                          Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; November 13th, 2018, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Saffron View Post

have you even spent an hour of your life outside of portugal
                            Nice argument
                            Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                            Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

no no no and no

i am a kkk clan btw.

Comment

• Beholder
                                Beholder commented
                                Editing a comment
                                ;3

I think we need to get past it already. The whole racism thing is obnoxious and it's unnecessary. Yes I agree that it's still and issue and that's why we need to get our heads out of our own asses and accept eachother. We're all meat bags, we're not important to the universe, so we should stop feeling more important than other meat bags. We're going to die, get over it.

Comment

no no no and no

i am a kkk clan btw.
                                You're a whole clan?

Comment

no no no and no

i am a kkk clan btw.
                                  I bet you're a BlacKkKlansmen, smh.

Comment

I mean at this point I think racism and sexism are mostly used as an excuse by sjw's to deface someone they don't like. You always see people like "o shit you did this because I'm black, I'm gonna ruin your life on Facebook and make you kill yourself"

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
                                      Yes, no, no, no.

STFU, Hitler.

Comment

Working...
                                      X