Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aircraft Carrier arrives in Middle East after Russia threatens US forces.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly, I’d expect a lot more from the “empire” than we’ve gotten.

Invade a few neighbors next to us, for example. But we keep meddling in the Middle East...? With countries harder to control than, say, Canada? Because at least Canada is a country of crying “people-kind” SJWs and not religious zealots after their 72 virgins? And we’ve got a nice ocean around us to say “fuck off” to everyone else that will complain if we did it.

Damn, we really suck at this imperialism thing, so much we don’t even go after good territories or even succeed well at establishing control of them 90% of the time post WW1, even though it seems there’s plenty to learn from to ensure success, both before and during the endeavors.

Let’s also not forget that many First World countries actively supported the war on terror after 9/11; it was almost a global endeavor. America spearheaded it, but it was the leader in it, not the sole player; not by a long shot.

Of course, I guess America bullied all those countries too with its scary patriotic eye brows (oppwezzion at its finest...!)
    Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; October 3rd, 2018, 12:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
      Honestly, I’d expect a lot more from the “empire” than we’ve gotten.

Invade a few neighbors next to us, for example. But we keep meddling in the Middle East...? With countries harder to control than, say, Canada? Because at least Canada is a country of crying “people-kind” SJWs and not religious zealots after their 72 virgins? And we’ve got a nice ocean around us to say “fuck off” to everyone else that will complain if we did it.

Damn, we really suck at this imperialism thing, so much we don’t even go after good territories or even succeed well at establishing control of them 90% of the time post WW1, even though it seems there’s plenty to learn from to ensure success, both before and during the endeavors.

Let’s also not forget that many First World countries actively supported the war on terror after 9/11; it was almost a global endeavor. America spearheaded it, but it was the leader in it, not the sole player; not by a long shot.

Of course, I guess America bullied all those countries too with its scary patriotic eye brows (oppwezzion at its finest...!)
      You seem to think that empires are simple about expansions via borders rather than spheres of influence.

As so far between this post and the last one that's all you're showing is that you don't know what an empire is and can only think of global domination type land grabs. It's about maximizing your sphere of influence through stick and carrot methods until everyone's jumping in hoops that benefit you over everyone else.

Denying that we have an empire, again not an evil bid for global domination, is simply ignorant of the facts on what an empire is and american foreign policy.

Comment

Cid really broke PG13 on that fateful day, huh
        Tab for a cause: http://tab.gladly.io/?r=11370382

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

You seem to think that empires are simple about expansions via borders rather than spheres of influence.

As so far between this post and the last one that's all you're showing is that you don't know what an empire is and can only think of global domination type land grabs. It's about maximizing your sphere of influence through stick and carrot methods until everyone's jumping in hoops that benefit you over everyone else.

Denying that we have an empire, again not an evil bid for global domination, is simply ignorant of the facts on what an empire is and american foreign policy.
          And I'm telling you that our actions are too benign for that conclusion to make any sort of sense, while too many other motivations that aren't related to good old empire-building seem to be the actual building blocks of the vast majority of American foreign policy to consider ourselves an "empire."

This isn't something that I only apply to America and nobody else, BTW.

Because I don't consider Russia an "empire" or China an "empire" either.

So I'm also not gonna consider America an empire.

Really, I don't consider any nation on Earth right now to be an "empire."

Comment

And I'm telling you that our actions are too benign for that conclusion to make any sort of sense, while too many other motivations that aren't related to good old empire-building seem to be the actual building blocks of the vast majority of American foreign policy to consider ourselves an "empire."

This isn't something that I only apply to America and nobody else, BTW.

Because I don't consider Russia an "empire" or China an "empire" either.

So I'm also not gonna consider America an empire.

Really, I don't consider any nation on Earth right now to be an "empire."

what does our actions being benign have anything to do with whether or not our actions are creating/have created an empire?

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
              I'm surprised that this political thread about aircraft didn't have RCA's first post be about free helicopter rides.

We're making progress in the world.
              looks more like regression to me

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

what does our actions being benign have anything to do with whether or not our actions are creating/have created an empire?
                Fine, I’ll give you that.

But I wouldn’t call Russia or China an empire for what it’s doing right now, and I wouldn’t call the US the same for what it’s doing either.

Comment

Fine, I’ll give you that.

But I wouldn’t call Russia or China an empire for what it’s doing right now, and I wouldn’t call the US the same for what it’s doing either.
                  So despite what's going on with Tibet and other border countries with China it doesn't qualify as an Empire? Odd. And Russia is literally making a federation of ethnically Russian states (though I doubt Putin would be that picky if some non-Russian state offered) with Russia at the helm.

Fact is it seems more like you don't know what an empire is.

Comment

You could say that America is a pseudo- world empire or at least was. The USA had control over the world after WW2 but did not claim the land, that would take too much effort. Instead just place puppet dictators and use force behind the scenes unless it was a very important place in which case use the military and create BS to invade. That way you have semi-control of the world but don't have to go through the effort of actually controlling the world. That's something that not even the US could do.

Comment

Working...
                    X