Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aircraft Carrier arrives in Middle East after Russia threatens US forces.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Aircraft Carrier arrives in Middle East after Russia threatens US forces.




    https://www.businessinsider.com/f-35...s-syria-2018-9


    --Snippets--
    Russia sailed a small armada to the Mediterranean sea in August as its prepares with its ally, Syria, an offensive against the last rebel stronghold in the country after predicting a chemical weapons attack that it prematurely blamed on US-aligned forces.

    Until recently, the US had no capital ships and just one or two destroyers in the Mediterranean, but the USS Essex, a small, flat-deck aircraft carrier used to launch US Marine Corps F-35B stealth jets that can take off almost vertically, just arrived off the horn of Africa, USNI News reports.

    Though the Essex remains on the opposite side of the Suez Canal from Russia's ships in the Mediterranean, it's a quick-moving ship. Additionally, the F-35Bs can fly about 550 miles out from the ship in stealth configurations that make them hard to detect for enemy defenses.
    Russia has a larger ground presence in Syria and also operates large groups of mercenaries, but has not fared well in fights against the US so far.

    In February, US forces in Syria came under a pro-regime attack made up of hundreds of Iranian, Syrian, and Russian military contractors. A large column advanced towards a US position and began to fire, and the US responded with overwhelming air power and artillery fires that Secretary of State Mike Pompeo would later confirm killed hundreds of Russians.

    Allegedly leaked audio recordings from the Russian contractors portrayed a humiliated and cowed force that had gone into a battle seriously outgunned, despite its greater numbers.



    Russia has since established a stronger naval position in the Mediterranean with ships capable of firing cruise missiles at targets deep inland, and possibly at the US without risking ground forces.

    But, as experts previously told Business Insider, if Russia's navy in the Mediterranean actually killed US forces, the US would swiftly scramble its airpower from across the region and sink the fleet as well as destroying any Russian jets that came to respond.

    This shit is fucking craaazy!~ Coud you imagine that? If the US actually sunk Russia's entire fleet as retaliation?? LOL lordy and people feared Hilary.

    At least you could reason with her... I mean sure she's scummy like Two-face but at least she can be reason with and will stick to her deals. Not like Trump though he rather see the world burn, like the Joker he is.

    Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
    I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

    #2
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style
    Quiet cathartic really.

    Comment


      #3
      Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post



      https://www.businessinsider.com/f-35...s-syria-2018-9












      This shit is fucking craaazy!~ Coud you imagine that? If the US actually sunk Russia's entire fleet as retaliation?? LOL lordy and people feared Hilary.

      At least you could reason with her... I mean sure she's scummy like Two-face but at least she can be reason with and will stick to her deals. Not like Trump though he rather see the world burn, like the Joker he is.
      And yet the democrats are still screaming about collusion with Russia and that Trump is Putin's puppet...

      I think there's a news clip at one point of a democrat saying we should literally be bombing Russia over that.


      I fail to see how antagonizing a nuclear power is a good thing personally.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by J peth View Post

        And yet the democrats are still screaming about collusion with Russia and that Trump is Putin's puppet...

        I think there's a news clip at one point of a democrat saying we should literally be bombing Russia over that.


        I fail to see how antagonizing a nuclear power is a good thing personally.
        Someone should've told Russia that.


        Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
        I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

          Someone should've told Russia that.
          you mean when russia moved to protect it's ally in the region that we're posing to remove from power?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by J peth View Post

            you mean when russia moved to protect it's ally in the region that we're posing to remove from power?
            proxy wars are fun, aren't they?
            (Just waiting for another set)

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by J peth View Post

              you mean when russia moved to protect it's ally in the region that we're posing to remove from power?
              I mean when Russia started meddling in our elections and the EU elections.

              Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
              I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

                I mean when Russia started meddling in our elections and the EU elections.

                Maybe we should have thought of that before we meddled in Russia's elections, Iraq's elections, UK elections.... actually basically every single country that has elections we meddle in them.

                Furthermore, what happened to Trump being a Manchurian candidate for Putin?
                Last edited by J peth; September 13th, 2018, 11:32 AM.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

                  proxy wars are fun, aren't they?
                  I can't imagine a bigger waste of time. Especially since the cold war is over.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by J peth View Post

                    I can't imagine a bigger waste of time. Especially since the cold war is over.
                    And we might be having a dick-measuring contest like this for the rest of time, because even though we can both end the world, we need to make sure we have more power than them.
                    (Just waiting for another set)

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by J peth View Post


                      Maybe we should have thought of that before we meddled in Russia's elections, Iraq's elections, UK elections.... actually basically every single country that has elections we meddle in them.

                      Furthermore, what happened to Trump being a Manchurian candidate for Putin?
                      lol wait what? If US was meddling in Russia's election then Putin wouldn't be president no? Or are you meaning something that happened decades ago?

                      Either way my original point still stands.

                      Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
                      I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

                        lol wait what? If US was meddling in Russia's election then Putin wouldn't be president no? Or are you meaning something that happened decades ago?

                        Either way my original point still stands.
                        ... You do realize what election meddling entails right? Funding opposition to candidates you don't like, getting data to support those you do, so on so forth. It's not literally hijacking the election results.

                        So far all that they've accused russia of doing (twitter/facebook bots and troll farms along with data mining/opposition research for a favored candidate) we've done in spades. Hell we've even come out and campaigned on votes that took place in other countries (such as the fact the US had some substantial investment against Brexit to the point that Obama publicly was making speeches against it)

                        So yeah, we've been meddling in elections for a long time. We've been deposing democratically elected leaders when we didn't like the results about just as long, and we never flinch to put a dictator who's more sympathetic to us when that time comes.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                          And we might be having a dick-measuring contest like this for the rest of time, because even though we can both end the world, we need to make sure we have more power than them.
                          Which is a laugh because Russia tried to go the nice route until the past decade or so, but the Bush and Obama administrations (and now the Trump administration as well contrary to popular belief) refuse to do anything besides demand complete and total obedience from Russia with the alternative being to put the screws to them at every turn.

                          A brilliant strategy for de-escalation.

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
                            Not like Trump though he rather see the world burn, like the Joker he is.
                            Nah. He'd see the world burn, like the delusional egomaniacal simpleton that he is. Which, thanks to the MSM constantly on his ass, he felt he was "forced" to do. And I foresaw this exact outcome over a year ago because Trump is a simple, simple man with simple, simple thought processes, so so-called professionals have no excuse for goading his dumb ass into doing so.

                            Buuuuut... Enjoy dying in an ocean of fire, I guess. 'Least you will have gotten one over on big, bad Drumpf before you go. :D D

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

                              I mean when Russia started meddling in our elections and the EU elections.
                              The US meddles in everyone's elections. Fuck off with that bs.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by J peth View Post

                                I can't imagine a bigger waste of time. Especially since the cold war is over.
                                A waste of time, resources and lives. The motto of the USA.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by J peth View Post

                                  ... You do realize what election meddling entails right? Funding opposition to candidates you don't like, getting data to support those you do, so on so forth. It's not literally hijacking the election results.

                                  So far all that they've accused russia of doing (twitter/facebook bots and troll farms along with data mining/opposition research for a favored candidate) we've done in spades. Hell we've even come out and campaigned on votes that took place in other countries (such as the fact the US had some substantial investment against Brexit to the point that Obama publicly was making speeches against it)

                                  So yeah, we've been meddling in elections for a long time. We've been deposing democratically elected leaders when we didn't like the results about just as long, and we never flinch to put a dictator who's more sympathetic to us when that time comes.
                                  Brexit isn't an election. So that point is moot. Also keeping dictators out of power is kinda of our M.O. Whether you like it or not it is kinda of our thing.

                                  I'm not defending our actions by no means I am just pointing out that the motive behind our actions and theirs is different. It is like if a guy shot someone in self defense vs another guy shooting someone because they hate the guy. One is noble but the other is troubling.

                                  Yes, I know the US doesn't have clean hands but if you are going to cherry pick situations that I have to spend 20mins googling about and happened decades ago then it is not that relevant to the topic at hand is it?

                                  Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
                                  I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

                                    Brexit isn't an election. So that point is moot. Also keeping dictators out of power is kinda of our M.O. Whether you like it or not it is kinda of our thing.

                                    I'm not defending our actions by no means I am just pointing out that the motive behind our actions and theirs is different. It is like if a guy shot someone in self defense vs another guy shooting someone because they hate the guy. One is noble but the other is troubling.

                                    Yes, I know the US doesn't have clean hands but if you are going to cherry pick situations that I have to spend 20mins googling about and happened decades ago then it is not that relevant to the topic at hand is it?
                                    keeping dictators... out of power?

                                    Do you know what happened in central america at all? We literally put dictators in power by overthrowing democratically elected administrations for the sake of cheep bananas. you shouldn't have to "spend 20mins googling about" this as anyone with any knowledge on American foreign policy shows this is a running trend. We care about economic matters not democracy/dictatorship dichotomies.

                                    Their actions are literally self preservation considering that even during the early 2000's when Putin commissioned a monument to be crafted and placed n new york to try and show good will during the after the 9/11 tragedy it was placed instead in new jersey and Bush continued to go on about how Russia is our enemy and greatest threat.

                                    The reason we side with Saudi Arabia in the middle east (a tyrannical regime, and when canada pointed it out literally everyone let saudi arabia take the piss out of canada without coming to Trudeau's aid.) is specifically to keep oil cheap as to destroy the economies of countries like Iran (another country that we destroyed their democratically elected administration in hopes of replacing it with one that liked us) who are allied with Russia and not willing to go lockstep into the american wheelhouse of economic control.

                                    These are the actions of an empire, not a benevolent world police organization. And we've flat out stated repeatedly that Russia is our number one threat and target, this would make any country take a great interest in our elections with more credibility of fear than us blowing up 15 year olds in yemen.

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      Originally posted by King Solomon View Post

                                      The US meddles in everyone's elections. Fuck off with that bs.
                                      he's literally leading with the "we do it for democracy when we do it!" line of argument.

                                      laughable at best, depressing at worst.

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        Originally posted by King Solomon View Post

                                        The US meddles in everyone's elections. Fuck off with that bs.
                                        That doesn't mean we should roll over and let it happen without repercussion. That's not how any of this shit works.

                                        Russia did it and they did a piss-poor job of covering their tracks. They're not going to be punished for doing it, they're going to be punished for getting caught because they were too incompetent to do it right. And Trump will go to jail for their incompetence.
                                        Last edited by Cid; September 15th, 2018, 07:39 AM.

                                        Comment

                                        Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                        Auto-Saved
                                        x
                                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                        x

                                        Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

                                        Registration Image Refresh Image
                                        Working...
                                        X