No announcement yet.

"Baltimore Cops Carried Toy Guns to Plant on People They Shot, Trial Reveals"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Baltimore Cops Carried Toy Guns to Plant on People They Shot, Trial Reveals"

2015: Confused suburban white folk judgmentally watch news coverage of Baltimore Riots.

Something Something Something "behaving like animals...why are they burning their own city?"

2018:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/8...-reveals-vgtrn
    "massive corruption scandal." "created by the city in 2007 with the explicit goal of fighting crime."

"Detective Maurice Ward, who's already pleaded guilty to corruption charges, testified that he and his partners were told to carry the replicas and BB guns "in case we accidentally hit somebody or got into a shootout, so we could plant them." The directive allegedly came from the team's sergeant, Wayne Jenkins"

Six of the eight task force members charged in the corruption scandal have pleaded guilty to racketeering charges, but Taylor and Detective Daniel Hersl have pleaded not guilty. They're currently on trial while several of their former partners testify against them.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...720-story.html

"Baltimore Police Detectives Evodio Hendrix and Maurice Ward admitted Friday that they robbed people in custody, billed for overtime hours they didn’t work and forged reports to cover their tracks — all part of a conspiracy stretching back at least to March 2015."

"...they stole $1,700 from a man during a traffic stop and shared the money without reporting it."

Two civilians have also been indicted in connection with the case, charged with impersonating police officers to commit an armed robbery while a detective from the gun unit served as a lookout.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...126-story.html

" An employee of the storage facility [where officers had been caught on camera committing a burglary] said the officers demanded access to the security camera system. The employee told them they needed a warrant.

“They didn’t like that,” the man said. “They told me I was impeding a police investigation.”

He said one of the officers — he couldn’t remember which one — told him he “looked like someone who needed to be robbed.”

_______

"A Baltimore County bail bondsman testified Thursday that he partnered for years with the sergeant of the Baltimore Police Gun Trace Task Force to resell drugs the officer had taken off the street."

________

Gondo testified that he stole for years and lied about it, and said he never worried about internal affairs.

“It was just part of the culture,” Gondo testified. “I wasn’t getting complaints; I wasn’t putting my hands on people.”

_______

"Gondo referred to a 2009 shooting by longtime partner Jemell Rayam as “murder.” Rayam was cleared of wrongdoing in the shooting, but the city paid a $100,000 settlement to the victim’s family in 2013."

_______

...well then...
    Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; September 10th, 2018, 12:35 PM.

This is why nobody likes police, they do messed up shit like this because they're above the law

Comment

Yeah, but did Goku solo?

Comment

I don't get the relation between the two cases

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post
          I don't get the relation between the two cases
          Baltimore cops are grimy in general. The correlation is the corruption has been rampant through the city and cops are just now getting caught for it. I know drug dealers who pay for cops to leave him alone. Which to no surprise is part of the reason why heroine floods almost unrestricted throughout the city.
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5Frq4gbHY

Comment

Exactly why I'm CPDK till, I die.

Not shocking or surprising. Fuck pigs.

Comment

yeah but why are they burning their own city
              Originally posted by Kajin_Style
              I'm trying to understand but my solid foundation of good morales, what is right and wrong, and my upbringing in church just can't make any sense of this crazy world we live in now.

Comment

#NotAllCops
                #BlueLivesMatter
                #TheyDinduNuffin

Comment

this is why we kneel & commit crime

Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n507543
                  This is what your racist, pepe memes get you. Death. Death of innocents.

Comment

Originally posted by 40 acres View Post

Baltimore cops are grimy in general. The correlation is the corruption has been rampant through the city and cops are just now getting caught for it. I know drug dealers who pay for cops to leave him alone. Which to no surprise is part of the reason why heroine floods almost unrestricted throughout the city.
                    Yeah, I get that. What I don't get is how it relates to the statement he made in the beginning of the post, since apparently most of the damage from riots wasn't directed at those corrupt cops, I doubt most of the buildings and vehicles that were incinerated and the malls that were looted had anything to do with police.

Comment

Originally posted by Louay View Post

Yeah, I get that. What I don't get is how it relates to the statement he made in the beginning of the post, since apparently most of the damage from riots wasn't directed at those corrupt cops, I doubt most of the buildings and vehicles that were incinerated and the malls that were looted had anything to do with police.
                      The marches/ riots that the become are directed at police misconduct in general and the lack of repercussions. Which is an issue that costs cities millions across the US yearly? Way more than that riot in fact. A fact that fails to get mention a lot. The only reason the police don't get their ass handed to them over this is because of the dumbass race line that was drawn because of the name black lives matter. Which allowed them to hide.
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j5Frq4gbHY

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                        #NotAllCops
                        Well, yeah.

Comment

The one thing I love more than suing racists is suing dirty cops.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
                            The one thing I love more than suing racists is suing dirty cops.
                            Hey Shob, how many dirty cops does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Comment

Hey Shob, how many dirty cops does it take to screw in a light bulb?
                              How many???

Comment

How many???

They don't change shit, they just arrest the bulb for being broke and beat the room for being black!

Comment

They don't change shit, they just arrest the bulb for being broke and beat the room for being black!
                                  lol ain't it the truth

How about "Three. One to shoot the bulb. Two to testify at internal affairs that officer #1 was being a good little boy and attempting to screw in the bulb s per protocol--but the bulb approached the officer in an aggressive manner and initiated an altercation, causing the officer to draw his service weapon in self defense."

Comment

lol ain't it the truth

How about "Three. One to shoot the bulb. Two to testify at internal affairs that officer #1 was being a good little boy and attempting to screw in the bulb s per protocol--but the bulb approached the officer in an aggressive manner and initiated an altercation, causing the officer to draw his service weapon in self defense."

Silly Shob, these types of jokes have to be something that could actually happen. That doesn't even remotely seem like it could ever be possible.

Comment

I have so many active suits against local Police Departments atm--its honestly my favorite part of the job.

Private citizens suing for violations of their civil rights is all well-and-good. But those are tough cases to win. Juries believe cops.

But when its a cop alleging misconduct + workplace retaliation for objecting to the misconduct, suing their own police department under the whistelblower statute.

Ohhhhhhhhhh--those are good cases. Those are the real body-blows that take down crooked administrations.

Comment

I have so many active suits against local Police Departments atm--its honestly my favorite part of the job.

Private citizens suing for violations of their civil rights is all well-and-good. But those are tough cases to win. Juries believe cops.

But when its a cop alleging misconduct + workplace retaliation for objecting to the misconduct, suing their own police department under the whistelblower statute.

Ohhhhhhhhhh--those are good cases. Those are the real body-blows that take down crooked administrations.
                                        Honestly, I'm surprised there are so many of them. You would think most would be too afraid of the blowback to pursue it.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                        Auto-Saved
                                        x
                                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                        Working...
                                        X