Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You become Benevolent Dictator and get to pass any series of laws you want to improve your country....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To Shob, why is it a shit move to listen to people when I'm a dictator? I'm mad that I got the vote of shame on that one.
    Originally posted by Wade
    We can't be supreme while also supporting inclusiveness

Comment

• Post-Crisis Shob
      Post-Crisis Shob commented
      Editing a comment
      You're fine.

You had like the one good idea on the entire first page.

I think I'd run it like we already do for the most part.

Just with the following changes:

- Major law enforcement reform so that a badge is no longer a "do whatever the fuck you want to minorities with no consequences" pin

- Pay the actual officers on the ground more money for their dangerous job

- Impose taxes on major corporations myself so that they're all actually paying their fair share like the rest of us, no loopholes

- Pump most of that very large sum of new tax money into education reform

- Fix the water in Flint, Michigan

- Fix Puerto Rico for the Puerto Ricans that live there instead of waiting until they leave so other people can buy everything cheap and rebuild it

- Tighter background checks and mental evaluations for firearms

- Lengthy sentences for hate crimes

- Restore Net Neutrality

- Welfare Reform: After 5 years on welfare you have to begin some kind of approved vocational training program to continue to receive it. Upon completion of your program you're given a starter job and your benefits are cut down to just housing which you receive for another 3 years. After that 3 years you're expected to completely support yourself. Special situations are evaluated on a case-by-case basis by a council that I appoint myself. This council reports back to me so that I can set precedents and slowly eliminate cases that fall outside of the established rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
      Ok, I don't have the time to go full in detail. So cliff-notes version. On top of surrounding myself with people that actually know some shit about this crap so I don't fuck anything up... My agenda would likely look like this.
      • Institute a single-payer healthcare system, funded by taxes, that provides essential coverage with an option to supplement with private insurers for increased coverage for non-essential treatment.
      • Restrictions placed on pharmaceutical companies to lower the cost of prescription drugs for legitimate medical purposes.
      • Restrictions placed on medical professionals to limit the use of addictive opioids to cases only where there are no other options.
      • Legalize marijuana use at the federal level for both medicinal and recreational use and direct the NIH to begin researching prolonged use aggressively. (also, free anyone in jail for sale or use of marijuana or other cannabis-based products.)
      • Decriminalize all illegal drug use (Not illegal to use, but illegal to distribute) and put a greater focus on rehabilitation over jail time.
      • Free tuition for two-year colleges, funded by an FTT on Wall Street trading.
      • Expand the opportunity for high school students to participate in dual-enrollment at two-year colleges.
      • Help prepare high school students for work after school by requiring certificate programs to be options in the last year of high school instead of forcing higher level core classes. Certificate programs can transfer credits into colleges.
      • Require political courses in high school in order to produce a better informed voting base for the future.
      • Eliminate the Federal Minimum Wage as a static number. Instead set the federal minimum as "Region's cost-of-living, plus 10%" and have federal surveyors determine CoL for designated regions within a state. CoL in those regions will be adjusted annually and wages will rise or stay the same in accordance (rise in cost will mean rise in wages, drop in cost will result in no change to wages). Regions will be determined and resurveyed every 10 years according to the cost of living in the area to prevent small towns where CoL is cheaper from being lumped together with large cities where it's more expensive.
      • Decrease the DoD budget substantially and bring in a ton of people to oversee where the money is spent in order to streamline the spending while keeping our military strength at a high standard.
      • Expand science-oriented government agencies like the NOAA, NASA, NIH, USGS, and the NSF with funding cut from the DoD and increase their budgets in order to further the nation's scientific advancement and to create more jobs in STEM fields.
      • Close any and all tax loopholes that allow people and businesses to get out of paying their share of taxes and ending federal returns to corporations altogether.

Just as a general note here, because my stances on welfare are generally fairly conservative. If I wasn't increasing the minimum wage for basically everyone and tying it into inflation costs so that it never gets this bad again, I wouldn't be as harsh with my welfare reform. But with the new wage laws, it's going to take a significant number of people off welfare and will leave the ones who genuinely need it and those who actively abuse it.
      • Welfare reform to make it more difficult to "game" the system. Some of these reforms to include mandated community service for people on SNAP who are able to work but unwilling to.
      • City-run, federally funded daycare centers in every major city to provide free daycare services for the above people forced to do community service for their welfare. (no excuses)
      • Welfare won't be awarded if a person's financial circumstances are caused by frivolous spending and bank statements and proof of all expenditures will be required upon applying and renewing benefits. (i.e, you're not going to get food stamps and drive a brand new Corvette.)
      • Huge changes to campaign finance reform. Ending citizens united and impose stricter limits on the amounts a single person can contribute to a campaign.
      • Weaken the two-party stranglehold by giving all political parties with over 100,000 registered voters equal federal funding and mandating that their selected presidential and congressional candidates be invited to any official debates.
      • Encourage and advertise these third parties until they're strong enough to survive against the DNC, RNC, (and the Lib and Green parties once they become large enough) on their own. Ideally, there would be 5 or 6 major political parties by the end.
      • Create an electoral system based around proportional representation that extends from local levels to state and federal levels to ensure major third parties are guaranteed representation in state and federal governments.

And then, once I feel like I've done enough to create a sustainable system that won't be destroyed... I'll get the fuck out of office and return it to a democratically elected process because power corrupts absolutely and eventually I'd become a not-so-benevolent dictator.
      Yeppppppp. Our lists are pretty similar. Here's what I got:
      • Cut all military spending in half. Reallocate excess military spending to domestic agenda
      • Remove tax exempt status from religious organizations
      • Create new tax brackets above current top bracket for persons making over $500,000 and $1 million. Subject brackets to higher individual tax rates.
      • Merge + expand medicare and medicaid into a universal public healthcare program that provides universal healthcare to all Americans at baseline standard-of-care (i.e. diagnostics, emergency medical treatment, and end-of-life care); keep private insurance and private healthcare as a market-based alternative for wealthier persons who want to pay extra for better coverage and more coverage options.
      • Create new program allowing any child who meets baseline community service + academic requirements in high school to attend a 4-year public university and pursue an undergraduate degree, tuition-free and sponsored through the Department of Education.
      • Legalize all recreational drugs except for opiates and amphetamines. License private businesses to lawfully produce and sell and employ producers and sellers as salaried employees, subject to state regulation and taxation.
      • Suspend the sentence of anyone currently serving prison time or probation for a decriminalized drug offense
      • Expunge the criminal record of everyone with a decriminalized drug offense
      • Pass law requiring minimum wage to be set to the baseline cost of living in every state and county, and requiring that said minimum wage be adjusted for cost of inflation no less than every ten (10) years.
      • Grant conditional legal status to every immigrant in the United States who has not been arrested for a violent crime; create process for obtaining full legal status by subsequently registering with immigration services and obtaining valid documentation and applying for adjustment of status.
      • Remove quota system from applications for legal entry and expedite the process of legal entry.
      • THEN vigorously enforce border security and adopt a strict policy of detaining and deporting anyone who tries to enter illegally. The idea being that if we're expediting the lawful process and making it accessible for anyone who wants to do it the right way and you're still trying to sneak in illegally--well now its fair to presume that you're obviously up to no good.
      • Eisenhower-esque public works project of hiring architects, engineers, and construction crews to renovate and modernize our public infrastructure. Highways. Bridges. Railroads. Airports. Gas & Utilities. Everything--it's long overdue.
      • Manhattan Project-esque program to take the best scientific minds in the country, and set them to the task of finding economically feasible alternatives to oil, gas, and coal + preparing them for mass use within the next decade.
      • Make stricter law regulating the circumstances in which police are allowed to use lethal force; adopting an objective reasonableness standard rather than the subjective fear of the officer
      • Vigorously enforce said law by requiring that all police officers wear active body cameras and audio-recording devices while on duty.
      • Give state attorney generals and state civil rights divisions--not police departments and internal affairs--original jurisdiction over investigations into cases of civilians being shot by police officers.
      • Require all lawful gun owners in america to be licensed and to register their firearms with the ATF.
      • Require that persons must complete mental health screening and a safety training course before being licensed to own and operate firearms.
      • Implement more criminal law penalties for unlawful possession, distribution, and use of firearms.
      Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; July 26th, 2018, 08:41 AM.

Comment

Cid and Shob are gonna be my advisors now.
        Last edited by OrganizationXV; July 26th, 2018, 09:30 AM.
        Originally posted by Wade
        We can't be supreme while also supporting inclusiveness

Comment

Holy crapola Shob. I'm not entirely sure what happened in that post you deleted, but even as a deleted post it was fucking my screen up. lmao

Had to permanently remove it and empty the site cache. Probably need to do some testing with bullet points to see if there's a bug with them and quoting.

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

• Cut all military spending in half. Reallocate excess military spending to domestic agenda
          • Create new tax brackets above current top bracket for persons making over $500,000 and $1 million. Subject brackets to higher individual tax rates.
          • Merge + expand medicare and medicaid into a universal public healthcare program that provides universal healthcare to all Americans at baseline standard-of-care (i.e. diagnostics, emergency medical treatment, and end-of-life care); keep private insurance and private healthcare as a market-based alternative for wealthier persons who want to pay extra for better coverage and more coverage options.
          • Create new program allowing any child who meets baseline community service + academic requirements in high school to attend a 4-year public university and pursue an undergraduate degree, tuition-free and sponsored through the Department of Education.
          • Legalize all recreational drugs except for opiates and amphetamines. License private businesses to lawfully produce and sell and employ producers and sellers as salaried employees, subject to state regulation and taxation.
          • Suspend the sentence of anyone currently serving prison time or probation for a decriminalized drug offense
          • Pass law requiring minimum wage to be set to the baseline cost of living in every state and county, and requiring that said minimum wage be adjusted for cost of inflation no less than every ten (10) years.
          • Grant conditional legal status to every immigrant in the United States who has not been arrested for a violent crime; create process for obtaining full legal status by subsequently registering with immigration services and obtaining valid documentation and applying for adjustment of status.
          • Remove quota system from applications for legal entry and expedite the process of legal entry.
          • THEN vigorously enforce border security and adopt a strict policy of detaining and deporting anyone who tries to enter illegally. The idea being that if we're expediting the lawful process and making it accessible for anyone who wants to do it the right way and you're still trying to sneak in illegally--well now its fair to presume that you're obviously up to no good.
          • Eisenhower-esque public works project of hiring architects, engineers, and construction crews to renovate and modernize our public infrastructure. Highways. Bridges. Railroads. Airports. Gas & Utilities. Everything--it's long overdue.
          • Manhattan Project-esque program to take the best scientific minds in the country, and set them to the task of finding economically feasible alternatives to oil, gas, and coal + preparing them for mass use within the next decade.
          • Make stricter law regulating the circumstances in which police are allowed to use lethal force; adopting an objective reasonableness standard rather than the subjective fear of the officer
          • Vigorously enforce said law by requiring that all police officers wear active body cameras and audio-recording devices while on duty.
          • Give state attorney generals and state civil rights divisions--not police departments and internal affairs--original jurisdiction over investigations into cases of civilians being shot by police officers.
          • Require all lawful gun owners in america to be licensed and to register their firearms with the ATF.
          • Require that persons must complete mental health screening and a safety training course before being licensed to own and operate firearms.
          • Implement more criminal law penalties for unlawful possession, distribution, and use of firearms.
          You hit a few points I clearly forgot.

- Removing tax exempt status from religious organizations
          - New tax brackets (Wade, of all people, and I discussed this heavily a while ago and I had some ideas to expand the brackets.)
          - Getting rid of criminal record of non-violent drug offences
          - Everything about immigration reform
          - Improving and/or updating infrastructure
          - law enforce policiies
          - gun control policies

All things I forgot and I'm definitely on board with.

Some other things... I really dig the idea that community service and acceptable grades would be a requirement for paid college tuition. Essentially helps ingrain a sense of responsibility into teenagers prior to actually entering college. Might help lower drop out rates, since the lazy and irresponsible wouldn't be eligible in the first place. Of course, you need to ensure they keep their grades up while in college as well. Perhaps require a 3.0 or a 3.5 GPA be maintained or they lose their tuition payments until they can bring that GPA back up. I'm not sure about doing it for 4-year, public universities though. I'd really need to look at a cost analysis. I know that our biggest Universities here in Alabama can cost upwards of $6-$10k per semester, the federal government forking out $60,000 per student might be too much to handle with a tax. I mean, the University of Alabama alone has 38,000 students. That's a possible $2 billion every four years for a single university. Lots of money. I limited mine to two-year colleges because they're generally much, much cheaper and already provide stellar transfer scholarship opportunities for students that keep a high enough GPA.

I also really dig your Manhattan-like project for renewable energy. If a bunch of the best scientist could build the atomic bomb in a few years, I imagine they could do wonders if they were offered near-unlimited funding and set loose on green energy. So hell yes to this.

And to address something you mentioned in the deleted post that I could see, I wanted to impose regulation on pharmaceutical companies to lower the cost to the government. Right now, Medicaid/Medicare aren't able to negotiate prescription drug prices with drug providers. They have to pay whatever the company demands for the drug. And that's unacceptable and wastes so much money. That needs to change, patents on life-saving drugs probably need to be lifted so that they can reproduced for more reasonable prices and we need to tell people like Martin Skkreli to fuck right off.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post
            I'm talking about world-wide. Most countries don't have a check box for race/ethnicity. But Mexico does have a mix of European and Indigenous people. The race system used by Spanish is no longer used where they would classify you in terms of what you were mixed with.

Oh, in that case.
            KKK, Nazi's, white supremacist, etc. You have to be blind to not see it. I'm pretty sure you've heard of 4chan too, no? And this used to be 100 times worse just 60 years ago.

Yes and we can't shoehorn racism in just because they're poor and have problems. There actually needs to be racism to say x country suffers from racism.

I mean most of latin america, there are some exceptions. Like Argentina and Uruguay, which are mainly white countries. They don't collect census data on ethnicity because that's mostly a US thing. I never claimed I was basing my opinion on the media.
            Funny how you say we shouldn't trust the media and then go ahead and link the media.
            Brazil is a very classist society but it is not so much a racist one. While Brazil did suffer from racism by it's colonist there was a very big difference between the USA and Brazil, that being that mixing in Brazil was allowed and not illegal like it was in the USA. So it's more common to see mixed couples with different looking babies than it is in the USA.

Here are people that actually understand the country:
            https://www.quora.com/How-does-racis...ism-in-America

So not only is racism illegal in Brazil it is also looked upon as worse than murder by the general population.

Mexico is the exactly what I mean by diversity. It's not only "racially" diverse but culturally. Not just because most are brown skinned means they're all the same brown. Mexico used to have thousands of different indigenous groups that mixed as a whole with other indigenous and Europeans. Most people just clump natives all together in the same box but that's just ignorance. If you go to the Northern part of the USA and meet a native he will be very different than a native from a two states over. Same in Mexico.
            No they mean both cultural and racial diversity.
            Exactly my point, if you allow people to mix there won't be a us vs them or ethnic pride as you said but a national (a people as a whole) pride. Nowhere else but "western countries" do I hear black, brown, or white pride. You'd be very dishonest if you said there was such a thing in latin america.
            That's exactly my point, if there was more mixture there wouldn't be these problems.

I mean, you live in Mexico right? So I think you've noticed that AMLO was just elected because most of all the population in Mexico is being mistreated. I don't know why I have to explain this to you.
            Yes, exactly, most nations don't have checkboxes like that because most nations don't care about minorities.

You are missing two very critical key words, they would be "existant" and "majority". Prove to me that the current existant majority of whites have the mentality you claim.

Actually, I can, since you didn't specify any country at all and plenty of them are brimming with their own forms of racism....

I don't know which answer you're reading. The top one paints a pretty grim picture of a nation rife with hostility and racial tension with a nice topping of thought-policing. The one that follows it punctuates that picture by flatly stating that even in a room full of racists, the first one to let his racism show will be lambasted by all the others. Being more tolerant of child rapists than mundane racists is not the sign of a healthy society. Victor Hugo Machado's answer wraps everything up in a nice bow and states what everyone is truly saying about the country: Brazil is much more illusory with its racial tensions. The only real difference between Brazil and the US is the way in which the racial divide manifests itself. It's still there, and it's potentially more destructive because of how nonchalant it is which is why blacks travelling from Europe and the US were so shocked by it after having their expectations shattered.

Race-mixing was allowed, sure, but for equally racially supremacist reasons. Since you're hispanic, I'm sure you must have heard the phrase "mejorando la raza" at some point. That line comes from those times, when the colonizers and the indigenous were intermixing to make the colonized countries whiter...and that mentality still exists in my country. No one in Brazil cares because it's normalized. That's how their blacks came to shrug off being stereotyped as lowly workers. Imagine something like that happening in Los Angeles.

Most people in Mexico tend to think of the indigenous as a collective, as well. They understand there are different tribes etc much like the Americans but they also very much see them as all being brown much like the Americans.

No, they definitely mean cultural. I've read their articles. They always fixate on the architecture, the clothing, and the food. Unless they were seasoned anthropologists, those gringos would have no hope of telling a Mahican from a Purépecha if they were without any distinguishing clothing or facial markings.

By "diversification", you meant that race-mixing should be mandated/encouraged? The only way that would work is if it was done to the point where all other ethnic groups including the formerly dominant one became a marginalized minority. At which point you would have conceded that homogenous societies are better than racially diverse ones at keeping the social game going.

Now I remember why no one likes talking to you......Someone living in rural isolation is obviously going to experience alot more exclusion than someone living in the cities. There is absolutely no contesting that.

That aside, you completely dodged the bigger point: these people are isolated. Meaning they generally don't interact much with the mestizos to begin with. Meaning there are considerably less chances for them to experience or complain about racial tensions. They might as well be living in a separate country

Originally posted by Kajin_Style
            Completely denouncing every bit of evidence I present WITHOUT any counter evidence to point to the contrary is not logic; it's outright denial.
            I'm sure you'll come up with some debunking excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
              Holy crapola Shob. I'm not entirely sure what happened in that post you deleted, but even as a deleted post it was fucking my screen up. lmao
              Our lists were so magnificent that them meeting broke the site.

You hit upon an important one I forgot with the whole "proportional representation" thing--I'd probably want to do something about gerrymandering and the electoral college.

Tbh I don't really know the cost benefit analysis of funding 2 year higher education vs. 4 year higher education.

My thinking there was that if its funding for an education at a public (i.e. state run) university, like The College of New Jersey or Penn. State, than "tuition" is essentially just a service charge set by the state. And the State "paying for your education" could be structured as simply waiving tuition altogether and allowing you to enroll in the public university for a nominal fee, without making tuition payments.

...because think about it...if the state is paying you to pay tuition at a university...

...and when you pay, the state is then the party that COLLECTS tuition...

...then by "paying" for your public university education, the state is just giving you money that you're going to turn around and give right back to the state....

There's two (2) unnecessary steps there.

...Then the cost to the state of funding higher education isn't the aggregate costs of individual tuition payments.

Its simply the upkeep of whatever it costs to keep the public university open, tuition-free, and you limit costs by limiting the salaries of university professors and administrators working as public employees relative to the exorbitant salaries they would be able to command at a for-profit university funded by tuition payments.

(And of course private university is still an option for academics who want to make $200,000 a year teaching 3 classes, and students who can afford to pay the tuition rates that support those salaries + would rather have the name recognition of attending a Harvard or a Princeton or an MIT)
              Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; July 26th, 2018, 11:21 AM.

Comment

>Dicktator
                >Benevolent

Haha so funny, so clever

Comment

Assuming i have both absolute power over my country and limitless amount of money/resources.

Note, i'm italian so everything i say will only be valid for Italy.

1) Handsomely paid every expert on all fields relative to governing so that i can have my personal council of advisors to help me.

2) Make a decisive cut to the bureaucracy that infest the country as a plague, so make it far more manageable than currently is.

3) Decrease the tax burden of the entire population (but principally the middle class), while boosting the local economy (both small and big businesses).

4) Encourage the birth rate of the native italian population both economically and socially, instead of relying of immigrants from Africa, as well as supporting families and family values at the same time.

5) Encourage the young adults from remaning on Italy instead of leaving it to other countries, by giving more opportunity of work (and with higher salaries) that can allow them to live a good and decent life.

6) Reforming the shitty education system in Italy, so that people can actually learn at school so to make them fully preparated when its time to be fuctional member of society.

7) Reforming the judicial system, by having actual competent people to do their jobs so that the innocents doesn't suffer because of the stupidity of others, while also making more harsher laws to things like corruption or censorship.

8) Fucking erase both job centres (with are pointless waste of time that help no one) and community centers (which only serve as housing for junkies and anarchists, it doesn't help reform drug addicts) completely.

9) Decriminalizing and even legalize drugs (soft drugs only) and prostitution, while improving gun control (so to balance both control and liberty).

10) Give more funding to new technologies and scientific research.

11) Universal healthcare system remain as it is (if there isn't anything to changed/improved) but with ulterior funding, while giving more opportunity to private services (like retail stores) so that healthcare cost can be reduced by a degree.

12) Actually fix Rome from the current dump it is and make it a great city one again, the same with all the major cities (from Turin to Palermo).

13) Reverse the nuclear power phase-out so to reutilize nuclear power, specifically the thorium-based ones, as currently renewable energy cannot compete with either nuclear energy or fossil fuel.

There are probably a lot more than this, but this are the first things i would try to do if is possible.
                  Last edited by S3rp3nt3; August 1st, 2018, 09:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Helly View Post

Yes, exactly, most nations don't have checkboxes like that because most nations don't care about minorities.
                    Or as people that from those nations say, they don't care about skin color.
                    You are missing two very critical key words, they would be "existant" and "majority". Prove to me that the current existant majority of whites have the mentality you claim.
                    It doesn't have to be the majority nor 100%. And you know that without going into someones head you can't prove this. I really didn't think were going to try and deny white skinned people think they are superior to other skinned toned people.

Actually, I can, since you didn't specify any country at all and plenty of them are brimming with their own forms of racism....
                    I did specify. Latin America with the exception being Argentina and Uruguay that are mostly "white" countries.

I don't know which answer you're reading. The top one paints a pretty grim picture of a nation rife with hostility and racial tension with a nice topping of thought-policing. The one that follows it punctuates that picture by flatly stating that even in a room full of racists, the first one to let his racism show will be lambasted by all the others. Being more tolerant of child rapists than mundane racists is not the sign of a healthy society. Victor Hugo Machado's answer wraps everything up in a nice bow and states what everyone is truly saying about the country: Brazil is much more illusory with its racial tensions. The only real difference between Brazil and the US is the way in which the racial divide manifests itself. It's still there, and it's potentially more destructive because of how nonchalant it is which is why blacks travelling from Europe and the US were so shocked by it after having their expectations shattered.
                    I'm talking about the actual answer given by Ithamar Paraguassu Ramos. What most people like Victor describe is classicism. It is also seen in white countries, hence "white-trash", "Redneck", "Hillbilly". Those aren't expressions of dislike of their skin but dislike of their customs and life. Unless people are targeted for their skin color it isn't racism.

Race-mixing was allowed, sure, but for equally racially supremacist reasons. Since you're hispanic, I'm sure you must have heard the phrase "mejorando la raza" at some point. That line comes from those times, when the colonizers and the indigenous were intermixing to make the colonized countries whiter...and that mentality still exists in my country. No one in Brazil cares because it's normalized. That's how their blacks came to shrug off being stereotyped as lowly workers. Imagine something like that happening in Los Angeles.
                    Yes, it was because of racial reasons why they mixed IN BRAZIL, a very long time ago. I'm not hispanic. Bettering the race does come from enlightenment era white men, yes, that's my whole point. If it's still present in countries that were once owned by white people it is of no surprise as those types of ideas remain for a while. And it is evident that that mentality did not consume latin america as it has "western cultures".

Most people in Mexico tend to think of the indigenous as a collective, as well. They understand there are different tribes etc much like the Americans but they also very much see them as all being brown much like the Americans.
                    Maybe so but that wasn't the point.

No, they definitely mean cultural. I've read their articles. They always fixate on the architecture, the clothing, and the food. Unless they were seasoned anthropologists, those gringos would have no hope of telling a Mahican from a Purépecha if they were without any distinguishing clothing or facial markings.
                    They clearly mean racial diversity too. Even if they aren't citing genetic markers to make their point.
                    By "diversification", you meant that race-mixing should be mandated/encouraged? The only way that would work is if it was done to the point where all other ethnic groups including the formerly dominant one became a marginalized minority. At which point you would have conceded that homogenous societies are better than racially diverse ones at keeping the social game going.
                    I think I already talked about this. I have no idea how you came to that conclusion (last sentence).

Now I remember why no one likes talking to you......Someone living in rural isolation is obviously going to experience alot more exclusion than someone living in the cities. There is absolutely no contesting that.

That aside, you completely dodged the bigger point: these people are isolated. Meaning they generally don't interact much with the mestizos to begin with. Meaning there are considerably less chances for them to experience or complain about racial tensions. They might as well be living in a separate country
                    I believe you started our interaction, don't cry now.
                    Your point is that they are isolated, yet have contact with other people that are in the same country as they are but yet are so isolated they might as well be living in a different country. I suggest you fix the point you're trying to make.

Comment

Gotta make National Party Day a thing.

Comment

Or as people that from those nations say, they don't care about skin color.
                        Which nations? Make a list and give examples. I don't want you to accuse me of "shoehorning".

t doesn't have to be the majority nor 100%. And you know that without going into someones head you can't prove this. I really didn't think were going to try and deny white skinned people think they are superior to other skinned toned people.
                        Talking out of your ass, gotcha

I did specify. Latin America with the exception being Argentina and Uruguay that are mostly "white" countries.
                        Oh, okay, so all of Latin America except for two countries. That really narrows it down.

PS: You're lying:

Latin America. That's the biggest example of diversity that I can think of.

I'm talking about the actual answer given by Ithamar Paraguassu Ramos. What most people like Victor describe is classicism. It is also seen in white countries, hence "white-trash", "Redneck", "Hillbilly". Those aren't expressions of dislike of their skin but dislike of their customs and life. Unless people are targeted for their skin color it isn't racism.
                        Originally posted by Literally in Victor's answer
                        Anyway, to answer your question racism in it's daily occurences is not that different. Black people are the ones most subjected to lower wages, poorer housing, police brutality and so on.
                        Hoo, boy

Yes, it was because of racial reasons why they mixed IN BRAZIL, a very long time ago. I'm not hispanic. Bettering the race does come from enlightenment era white men, yes, that's my whole point. If it's still present in countries that were once owned by white people it is of no surprise as those types of ideas remain for a while. And it is evident that that mentality did not consume latin america as it has "western cultures".
                        Oh. So, in other words, Latin America wasn't a successful diversity experiment, after all.

Maybe so but that wasn't the point.
                        I'm just illustrating the point to you that viewing Injuns as a collective is often out of convenience's sake.

They clearly mean racial diversity too. Even if they aren't citing genetic markers to make their point.
                        ^This is what shoehorning actually looks like.

I think I already talked about this. I have no idea how you came to that conclusion (last sentence).
                        I'm not omnipresent, so if you mentioned it in another thread I didn't see it.

In one word: Mexico.

Your point is that they are isolated, yet have contact with other people that are in the same country as they are but yet are so isolated they might as well be living in a different country. I suggest you fix the point you're trying to make.
                        There's nothing to fix. Neighbouring countries keep contact with each other just fine.

Are you going to keep dodging?

Completely denouncing every bit of evidence I present WITHOUT any counter evidence to point to the contrary is not logic; it's outright denial.

Comment

Lol, I love how 83 thinks racism among whites (directed at non-whites) is widespread, in the US, at least, when our last president was a non-white dude.

And said prez was in his second presidential term, LMFAO.
                          Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; July 28th, 2018, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

I'd add trade schools as an option as well with the post high school education as I feel that would be a huge boon.

Also I think making a public option for internet access might be a good idea in some way. As it is getting to the point that internet access is needed to properly function in daily life, it's also a massive help for those who are seeking employment. Which brings up another matter where I think that we should both increase spending on basic welfare for those in need while also increasing our efforts in getting people with the ability and desire to work connected with a job that will support them.

I think I'd also add in the removal of private prisons in general while changing the focus of the prison system to reformation rather than punishment would benefit society greatly.

outside of that you and Cid covered anything I can think of. outside of maybe a small increase to taxation on the stock exchange in some fashion, but I don't know if you've brought that up in the past few pages (I skipped to the end after the first page) and I haven't thought of a good way to implement one that wouldn't lead to stagnation of the market.

Comment

Which nations? Make a list and give examples. I don't want you to accuse me of "shoehorning".
                              Talking out of your ass, gotcha
                              Oh, okay, so all of Latin America except for two countries. That really narrows it down.
                              PS: You're lying:
                              Hoo, boy
                              Oh. So, in other words, Latin America wasn't a successful diversity experiment, after all.
                              I'm just illustrating the point to you that viewing Injuns as a collective is often out of convenience's sake.
                              ^This is what shoehorning actually looks like.
                              I'm not omnipresent, so if you mentioned it in another thread I didn't see it.

In one word: Mexico.

There's nothing to fix. Neighbouring countries keep contact with each other just fine.

Are you going to keep dodging?
                              Most non "western" countries.

If you don't want to have an honest exchange then keep believing that. Even though you already acknowledged it is.

It should narrow it down. Maybe Uruguay ins't even like Argentina. I'd probably include Uruguay in the list of LA countries.

Again what Victor is describing is not racism. We see this with whites in the USA too. There is the top 1% and then there is the rest of whites, a lot of them living in trailer parks. That's a direct result of neo-liberalism. It's an economic tragedy that subjugates the majority of the population to a few elite. It just so happens to be that the majority of Brazilians are of Afro decent.

I never claimed it was perfect. There are still problems because of many reasons. But we don't see brown superiority groups or black superiority groups, the people live happy together there isn't segregation, there aren't laws to hurt minorities instead there are laws to protect minorities, there is cultural and racial mixing, etc.

Which is not the point.

No that's just an observation. I've never seen anyone advocate for diversity and say "Ahh, we just want cultural diversity not racial". As you recall you were the one saying that the people advocating for diversity were speaking of cultural diversity. I was pointing out that as someone that actually sees the world and interacts with these people my impression is not as yours. But if you feel like actually proving your shoehorn (which you try and attribute to me, lol) feel free.

It was in this very conversation. Mexico is mainly mestizo not homogeneous at all. These are easy difference to understand, please don't make have to correct every little thing.

I honestly don't even understand your point. You're being so vague and incoherent about it that it makes you look like you don't have a argument at all.

Comment

Most non "western" countries.
                                You've been given numerous chances to name even one and keep failing. You've lost this point completely, I am moving on....

It should narrow it down.
                                From 33 to 31 countries

Yea, that's a huge differential

Again what Victor is describing is not racism.
                                Originally posted by Victor
                                Anyway, to answer your question racism in it's daily occurences is not that different. Black peopleare the ones most subjected to lower wages, poorer housing, police brutality and so on.
                                You have no hope of winning this point, I am moving on....

I never claimed it was perfect. There are still problems because of many reasons. But we don't see brown superiority groups or black superiority groups, the people live happy together there isn't segregation, there aren't laws to hurt minorities instead there are laws to protect minorities, there is cultural and racial mixing, etc.
                                You have yet to actually prove any of this....Give me evidence, not vacuous talking points

No that's just an observation. I've never seen anyone advocate for diversity and say "Ahh, we just want cultural diversity not racial". As you recall you were the one saying that the people advocating for diversity were speaking of cultural diversity. I was pointing out that as someone that actually sees the world and interacts with these people my impression is not as yours. But if you feel like actually proving your shoehorn (which you try and attribute to me, lol) feel free.
                                Yes, radical leftists have a double-standard when it comes to what diversity they want in predominantly white societies. Good job putting that together, I'm really proud of you.

It was in this very conversation. Mexico is mainly mestizo not homogeneous at all. These are easy difference to understand, please don't make have to correct every little thing.
                                Exactly, Mexico is mainly mestizo ergo their ethnic backgrounds have a remarkable degree of similarity, ergo they are a homogenous society. It's like blue and red coming together to make purple. As someone who thinks races don't exist because of blurred lines, this should not be hard for you.

I honestly don't even understand your point.
                                I'm shocked.

Anyway, Mexico is not an adequate example and Brazil is a failed attempt with a growing right-wing backlash. You have yet to provide me with even one instance of social engineering being a succesful remedy to racial bias.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                                  Lol, I love how 83 thinks racism among whites (directed at non-whites) is widespread, in the US, at least, when our last president was a non-white dude.

big think

Comment

kys

Comment

Galaxy brain
                                      Tab for a cause: http://tab.gladly.io/?r=11370382

Comment

That's a hot take

Comment

Working...
                                        X