Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Syria gasses 40 people, or so.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Cid View Post

    Imagine a world where both the US and Russia just stayed out of shit.
    Yo Cid. Remember: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1409sXBleg

    #RomneyWasRightAboutEverything

    Comment


      Originally posted by Cid View Post

      Imagine a world where both the US and Russia just stayed out of shit.
      There would be a fight between Germany and China for the top dog spot

      Comment


        Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

        Yo Cid. Remember: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1409sXBleg

        #RomneyWasRightAboutEverything
        Flashback to 2012 Cid on MVC

        I actually agreed with Romney about keeping troops in Iraq and Russia being the biggest threat to us. Weird how that works.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Cid View Post

          Flashback to 2012 Cid on MVC

          I actually agreed with Romney about keeping troops in Iraq and Russia being the biggest threat to us. Weird how that works.
          I mean, the troops shouldn't have been there in the first place and Russia has always ((even between '91 and '99) been a substantially bigger threat than China, never mind lolMexico or [insertMEcountryoftheweek], so Romney's wrong even when he's right, rofl.
          Last edited by Oneiros; April 16th, 2018, 07:11 AM.

          Comment


            The U.S. military is the most transparent military in the world, in spite of black projects. Our's is the only military which is going to tell you after the fact exactly how many missiles and bombs were used, and which units fired the missiles and bombs from what post...and we count the freaking enemy fire and report that too. You don't see Russia and Syria declaring how many missiles and bombs they launched in a fight.

            Comment


              White House says there might be more strikes coming. I think they are going to hit some of Assad's aircraft next time. That seems to be what the expert analysis of the situation entails. General Jack Keane is saying, again, that they should have hit all the fixed wing aircraft, the helicopters, and the artillery.

              For an operation that big I think the President needs Congressional approval first, but he technically already has support from a super-majority, but next time he should go through the formality of getting congressional approval to strike.

              Congress should have a "Secret Ballot", so they can vote on Presidential war powers without having to reveal the plan ahead of time. They could still publicly declare war powers after the operation starts.

              So anyway, General Jack Keane said the remaining chemical weapons depots are too close to civillians to destroy directly, and that, in his view, the best thing to do is destroy Assad's air power and artillery if the "goal" is to prevent chemical weapons deployment.
              Last edited by Wade; April 16th, 2018, 09:31 AM.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

                I mean, the troops shouldn't have been there in the first place and Russia has always ((even between '91 and '99) been a substantially bigger threat than China, never mind lolMexico or [insertMEcountryoftheweek], so Romney's wrong even when he's right, rofl.
                I mean, yeah. We shouldn't have been in there from the start. But the pullout method just isn't reliable. Obama should know that pretty well.

                Comment


                  Recent update on our Rail gun tests. These will be much cheaper than missiles or bombs once the full scale up design can be deployed. We'll be able to attack targets within 100 miles of water at a much reduced price, and we'll be able to force any potential threats to keep a distance of 100 miles.

                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gp12oJ_L-T8

                  It can penetrate three concrete walls, or six 1/2 inch steel plates. Pretty impressive.

                  Good targets for rail guns include all conventional air and ground units, SAM sites, munitions depots, the main guns on a potential enemy ship, fuel depots, anything which has chemical energy it will hit with explosive force and destroy.

                  There's supposed to be a shotgun variant in development too, but I've never seen a test video for that design.


                  They are going to refit the 3 Zumwalt destroyers with rail guns, and I guess if any more are built they too will have rail guns installed.
                  Last edited by Wade; April 16th, 2018, 12:08 PM.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Warrior View Post

                    There would be a fight between Germany and China for the top dog spot
                    Not really. Had Japan not bombed Pearl Harbor, they would have won WWII in east Asia anyway, and half the world population would now be serving descendants of a self-appointed Japanese God-man.

                    Comment


                      Well, that's the first time I've seen that particular video, just now. You could tell that kid had chemical burns on his face.

                      Comment


                        Hell yeah, the analyst was right just now; We're basically in another Cold War with Russia.

                        Apparently they're okay with their allies using chemical weapons, not only on the battlefield but even against irrelevant civilian targets.

                        We're always going to oppose them on this issue, so I don't know why they acted surprised at the air strikes.

                        You know what really happened? Russia's 4th generation radar systems couldn't track the missiles either, so they didn't engage any of their own defensive systems. Putin is scared shitless, that's why they pulled out all of their ships before the strikes happened.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Wade View Post
                          You know what really happened? Russia's 4th generation radar systems couldn't track the missiles either, so they didn't engage any of their own defensive systems. Putin is scared shitless, that's why they pulled out all of their ships before the strikes happened.
                          The Kremlin has been denying the authenticity of the chemical attacks since they first began. And despite the previous strike earlier this year killing a ton of Russian military, they're refusing to acknowledge involvement in it at all.

                          It isn't that Putin is scared, he just doesn't want to turn the entirety of the UN against them so he's trying to act as if nothing is wrong in Syria and that the US and our allies are simply trying to usurp a duly elected official out of dislike or for other political/financial gain. He just wants the US to viewed as the bad guys here so he can recreate the USSR and bring as much power under his control as possible without other international governments thinking less of Russia or stopping trade.

                          It's all cold and calculated.
                          Last edited by Cid; April 16th, 2018, 12:59 PM.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

                            I mean, the troops shouldn't have been there in the first place and Russia has always ((even between '91 and '99) been a substantially bigger threat than China, never mind lolMexico or [insertMEcountryoftheweek], so Romney's wrong even when he's right, rofl.
                            The fuck you talking about???

                            Romney was the one warning saying Russia is the big threat. Obama was the one mocking him for it and saying The 1980s called. They want their foreign policy back. (though Obama at least was just disengaged--not actively serving as Putin's cock-holster)

                            The one thing that could at this point MAYBE move the ball forward in Syria is hitting Russia with enough punitive sanctions that their cost of staying in Syria becomes so prohibitively high that they pull out. Such that degrading Assad's army with targeted strikes against his assets would actually have a real impact on his ability to stay in power.

                            ...guess who just came out today and announced that hes opposed to any new sanctions against Russia...

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Cid View Post

                              The Kremlin has been denying the authenticity of the chemical attacks since they first began. And despite the previous strike earlier this year killing a ton of Russian military, they're refusing to acknowledge involvement in it at all.

                              It isn't that Putin is scared, he just doesn't want to turn the entirety of the UN against them so he's trying to act as if nothing is wrong in Syria and that the US and our allies are simply trying to usurp a duly elected official out of dislike or for other political/financial gain. He just wants the US to viewed as the bad guys here so he can recreate the USSR and bring as much power under his control as possible without other international governments thinking less of Russia or stopping trade.

                              It's all cold and calculated.
                              If recreating the USSR is Putin's intention, then he has a way to go yet. I mean most of the former member states are democracies now. Maybe he wants to add Syria and Iran to this New USSR, we know the Russians support Iran and Syria more than they support former USSR states anyway. Maybe that's the plan, but if he's going to do that he may as well help Iran develop nukes if he plans on using them as a satellite state indefinitely. Obviously the USA doesn't want this, but apparently the Iranians have the missile, but don't yet have the nuke itself. The North Koreans have the nuke, but don't yet have quite a good enough missile system yet. If Putin is looking to ally with rogue nations, he should back Iran even more and also back North Korea.

                              The USA is always going to oppose Iran as long as Iran continues to support terrorists who want to life-wipe every Jew on earth, especially Israel. I'm not of the opinion that Jews can do no wrong, but they do have a right to exist and live in peace. WE can hope this stupidity would just go away, but it's still going to be decades before the younger, pro-west generation in Iran takes power.
                              Last edited by Wade; April 16th, 2018, 01:26 PM.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Wade View Post

                                If recreating the USSR is Putin's intention, then he has a way to go yet. I mean most of the former member states are democracies now. Maybe he wants to add Syria and Iran to this New USSR, we know the Russians support Iran and Syria more than they support former USSR states anyway. Maybe that's the plan, but if he's going to do that he may as well help Iran develop nukes if he plans on using them as a satellite state indefinitely. Obviously the USA doesn't want this, but apparently the Iranians have the missile, but don't yet have the nuke itself. The North Koreans have the nuke, but don't yet have quite a good enough missile system yet. If Putin is looking to ally with rogue nations, he should back Iran even more and also back North Korea.
                                I could see Iran, Syria, North Korea, and China all forming together to make some sort of superstate. Made even India, since they're pretty friendly with Russia. I know China and Russia would still act independently, since they're both far too large and powerful to ever give control to the other, but I could very easily see them working closely enough together to be of one political ideology and to pool their military resources against threats... Such as the US, France, and the UK.

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Cid View Post

                                  I could see Iran, Syria, North Korea, and China all forming together to make some sort of superstate. Made even India, since they're pretty friendly with Russia. I know China and Russia would still act independently, since they're both far too large and powerful to ever give control to the other, but I could very easily see them working closely enough together to be of one political ideology and to pool their military resources against threats... Such as the US, France, and the UK.
                                  China and Russia I think are too ethnically and culturally different for that to ever happen. They work together only insofar as they have common interests in undercutting the leadership of Western Democracies.

                                  China maintains its sphere of influence in East Asia, in culturally Buddhist areas of the world free from all the historic drama of Arabs vs. Jews and Sunnis vs. Shiites and Christians vs. Muslims. Which they view with a combination of confusion and amusement; Beijing has absolutely no interest in getting involved with the hot mess of Middle Eastern politics, where Russia operates.

                                  China isn't touching Syria or Iran with a 10-foot pole.
                                  Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; April 16th, 2018, 01:45 PM.

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Cid View Post

                                    I could see Iran, Syria, North Korea, and China all forming together to make some sort of superstate. Made even India, since they're pretty friendly with Russia. I know China and Russia would still act independently, since they're both far too large and powerful to ever give control to the other, but I could very easily see them working closely enough together to be of one political ideology and to pool their military resources against threats... Such as the US, France, and the UK.
                                    I get that, because their philosophy of government and military is more similar to one another.

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

                                      China and Russia I think are too ethnically and culturally different for that to ever happen. They work together only insofar as they have common interests in undercutting the leadership of Western Democracies.

                                      China maintains its sphere of influence in East Asia and has absolutely no interest in getting involved with the mess of the Middle East, where Russia operates. Beijing isn't touching Syria or Iran with a 10-foot pole.
                                      China hasn't fought an offensive war allegedly in a couple thousand years. They have a long history of mostly being isolationists. But yes they do exert their influence, but they don't try to baby-sit the world they way the U.S. and Russia do.

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

                                        Yeah, this "DA JOO-ISH BOLSHEVIKS" thing is getting really annoying.


                                        Boi, aren't you always on about Commies n' shit? I mean, I could care less if you're always (rightfully) ranting on them, but let's not act like you have the high ground. lmao

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Wade View Post

                                          China hasn't fought an offensive war allegedly in a couple thousand years. They have a long history of mostly being isolationists. But yes they do exert their influence, but they don't try to baby-sit the world they way the U.S. and Russia do.
                                          They do. Just not in the regions where Russia and America like to exert their influence. (i.e. China is smart enough to stay the fuck out of the Middle East)

                                          Lowkey--they're increasingly becoming more and more active in sub-Saharan Africa
                                          Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; April 16th, 2018, 01:50 PM.

                                          Comment

                                          Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                          Auto-Saved
                                          x
                                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                          x

                                          Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

                                          Registration Image Refresh Image
                                          Working...
                                          X