• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Israel discussion thread

discuss the legitimacy of israel as a state

Post-Crisis Shob
    Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
    Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

9/11

Comment

systematic genocide
      Sun City Girls - Blue Mamba

Comment

Why would their state not have legitimacy?

Comment

Is this discourse in reference to Israel's claimed political authority or to its right to exist?

Comment

• DokTOR.
            DokTOR. commented
            Editing a comment
            I'd start with the latter, but if you want to go ahead and discuss the former with anyone else then go straight ahead :]

Originally posted by Chaos Theory View Post
          Why would their state not have legitimacy?
          Stolen land isn't rightful land.
          Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor. View Post

There are plenty of world powers that fall under that line of thinking.

Comment

Very few contemporary political states are "legitimate" given that stipulation, then.

Comment

There are plenty of world powers that fall under that line of thinking.

Originally posted by Phobetor View Post
                Very few contemporary political states are "legitimate" given that stipulation, then.

I didn't know we were back in the Middle Ages

Comment

The morality of politics, and of political states in particular, is a distinct discussion that can go on forever and get us nowhere.

Essentially, we have to unfortunately accept the status quo of country legitimacy and rights as is; and in that context, why are you treating Israel differently from other states that similarly stole what they consider to be their land? Plenty of other states continue to oppress or exert political influence over the peoples and former nations they have expatriated, if that is your argument.

Comment

Working on a murder trial. Give me a few hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Phobetor View Post
                      The morality of politics, and of political states in particular, is a distinct discussion that can go on forever and get us nowhere.

Essentially, we have to unfortunately accept the status quo of country legitimacy and rights as is;
                      Right, which is why I said you can go ahead and discuss Israel's political authority instead. As much as I disapprove of Israel's existence, it's not like I have any power to change things.

and in that context, why are you treating Israel differently from other states that similarly stole what they consider to be their land? Plenty of other states continue to oppress or exert political influence over the peoples and former nations they have expatriated, if that is your argument.
                      They didn't do it in the middle of the 20th century. And the ones who did rightfully got lambasted internationally over it whilst Israel seems to get a free pass.

Comment

lemme guess did u get screwed over by a jew in the past few days
                        Originally posted by DokTOR.
                        I am quite a fan of penis yes

Comment

Originally posted by Saffron View Post
                          lemme guess did u get screwed over by a jew in the past few days
                          Shob asked me to make the thread

I don't even think I've ever interacted with a jew ever, I don't live in the fucking US

Comment

• Aure0lin
                            Aure0lin commented
                            Editing a comment
                            why do freedomland and israel have to be the only place where u can find joos

• DokTOR.
                            DokTOR. commented
                            Editing a comment
                            because Europe kicked them all out before it was too late

So, there is a statute of limitations on your question?

Stolen land is stolen land. Right?

Lets not forget that Russia took land not three years ago that wasn't theirs, even when they originally took it.

Israel's land isn't stolen either, its spoils of war from WWII, gifted to them by the Allies.

Comment

So, there is a statute of limitations on your question?

Stolen land is stolen land. Right?

Lets not forget that Russia took land not three years ago that wasn't theirs, even when they originally took it.

Israel's land isn't stolen either, its spoils of war from WWII, gifted to them by the Allies.
                            Yes, things aren't black and white. Nobody cared about slavery when everyone was doing it. Nobody cared about stealing land when everyone was doing it. Zionists stole Palestinian land in the middle of the 20th century when these things were object of criticism.

You mean the Crimea incident? Yeah, that stunt got a lot of criticism, so I don't see how it helps your point.

The allies didn't own the land.

Comment

Yes, things aren't black and white. Nobody cared about slavery when everyone was doing it. Nobody cared about stealing land when everyone was doing it. Zionists stole Palestinian land in the middle of the 20th century when these things were object of criticism.

You mean the Crimea incident? Yeah, that stunt got a lot of criticism, so I don't see how it helps your point.

The allies didn't own the land.
                              The point is, it still happened. They also invaded Georgia in 08.

It's called the spoils of war, the Arab world sided with the Nazis in WWII. Karma's a bitch

Comment

The point is, it still happened. They also invaded Georgia in 08.

It's called the spoils of war, the Arab world sided with the Nazis in WWII. Karma's a bitch
                                Right of conquest then? Might is right?

Comment

Right of conquest then? Might is right?
                                  Choice and consequence, cause and effect. There was no conquest involved.

They aided one of the most evil regimes in modern history.

Comment

Choice and consequence, cause and effect. There was no conquest involved.

They aided one of the most evil regimes in modern history.
                                    How are you making this argument when the other side had the US

Comment

Working...
                                    X