This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post
    So your point is that America in general is anti Asian and you like Trump because he is more upfront about it. Pretty much the same logic most of his supporters used to justify voting for him.
    Not really. I'm looking at this from a geopolitical perspective. The more damage he does to American soft power and Pax America, the better. I like that he's upfront, but not because I think it's a good thing for his country in the slightest.

Sure it's similar logic to his supporters, but his supporters didn't want the US to fail as a state.
    Tab for a cause: http://tab.gladly.io/?r=11370382

Comment

Originally posted by The Gunboat Diplomat View Post

No. I'm happy that people get to see America for what it really is now. Democracy has succeeded. You have elected the most accurate possible representation of your country. Congratulations.
      I didn't pick him! lol

Either way you are right about that. he is the most accurate representation for the masses that did vote for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
        I didn't pick him! lol
        I meant a general "you" as in America as a whole. Or a majority at least. Given this site's simultaneous anti-Trump and anti-Obama views, I'd like to think that you guys at least aren't part of that majority.

Comment

Not really. I'm looking at this from a geopolitical perspective. The more damage he does to American soft power and Pax America, the better. I like that he's upfront, but not because I think it's a good thing for his country in the slightest.

Sure it's similar logic to his supporters, but his supporters didn't want the US to fail as a state.
          Most of his core supporters are small government anarchists like Bannon so don't be so sure.

Comment

I meant a general "you" as in America as a whole. Or a majority at least. Given this site's simultaneous anti-Trump and anti-Obama views, I'd like to think that you guys at least aren't part of that majority.
            Personally I judge each candidate on policy and past history. After the fuck ups of Bush I decided to follow politics a lot more. Not that my single vote can change anything but still. I rather be informed now.

Comment

I'm drunk and angry don't mind me

Comment

This Trump/Obama wiretap story is so weird. Why would Trump accuse Obama of tapping his wires when as President it would take him 10 minutes to find out if it was true? Now he is asking for an investigation when again the FBI has already said this simply isn't true, apparently he got this from some right wing conspiracy radio show.

Comment

This Trump/Obama wiretap story is so weird. Why would Trump accuse Obama of tapping his wires when as President it would take him 10 minutes to find out if it was true? Now he is asking for an investigation when again the FBI has already said this simply isn't true, apparently he got this from some right wing conspiracy radio show.
                  Trump only believes what alex jones tells him to believe

Comment

You guys saw this shit? looks like it's finally going down

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/06/as...l-south-korea/
                    Last edited by Warrior; March 7th, 2017, 12:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Warrior View Post
                      You guys saw this shit? looks like it's finally going down

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/06/as...l-south-korea/

This is really tricky. North Korea keeps escalating and China refuses to put them in check so we really have no choice, but this will hurt us with China who now have even more reason to work out trade deals with Mexico who both hate us.

Comment

This Trump/Obama wiretap story is so weird. Why would Trump accuse Obama of tapping his wires
                        ...because as soon as the tweet came out, the subject of 24/7 media coverage became Trump accuses Obama of wiretap instead of More Trump officials caught lying about contacts with Russia in growing investigation--Congressional Republicans stalling--majority of Americans now calling for Congress to appoint a Special Prosecutor.

The man is a performance artist who plays a competent manager on television. And in the transition from the scripted setting of The Apprentice to the unscripted demands of the White House, people who may have briefly confused the man himself with the character he played on television are now being treated to a glimpse of how chaotic, incompetent, and unkempt his management really is.

But as a performance artist, hes still perfectly good at what he does.

And what he does is create these side-stories; doing something outrageous or that he knows the media will cover nonstop because its good ratings material and clickbait, whenever the heat on a big story gets too hot and he needs time for it to cool down. And because the volume of these petty stories and outrage generated by them crowds out and muddles the Big Story--giving him a pivot point to say "...there's nothing here folks. Fake News. Its the media treating me unfairly again; they do this everytime I open my mouth." when the Big Story comes to the forefront.

Hes a pathological liar, entirely self-serving, and completely immoral. But he isn't stupid.
                        Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; March 7th, 2017, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

...because as soon as the tweet came out, the subject of 24/7 media coverage became Trump accuses Obama of wiretap instead of More Trump officials caught lying about contacts with Russia in growing investigation--Congressional Republicans stalling--majority of Americans now calling for Congress to appoint a Special Prosecutor.

The man is a performance artist who plays a competent manager on television. And in the transition from the scripted setting of The Apprentice to the unscripted demands of the White House, people who may have briefly confused the man himself with the character he played on television are now being treated to a glimpse of how chaotic, incompetent, and unkempt his management really is.

And what he does is create these side-stories; doing something outrageous or that he knows the media will cover nonstop because its good ratings material and clickbait, whenever the heat on a big story gets too hot and he needs time for it to cool down. And because the volume of these petty stories and outrage generated by them crowds out and muddles the Big Story--giving him a pivot point to say "...there's nothing here folks. Fake News. Its the media treating me unfairly again; they do this everytime I open my mouth." when the Big Story comes to the forefront.

Hes a pathological liar, entirely self-serving, and completely immoral. But he isn't stupid.
                          The thing is though by saying this he is implying Obama was given a warrant to tap Trump Tower. If Obama was given a warrant then that means Agent Orange actually was doing some criminal shit. It's such a stupid distraction because it still ties into the Russia story.

Comment

The thing is though by saying this he is implying Obama was given a warrant to tap Trump Tower. If Obama was given a warrant then that means Agent Orange actually was doing some criminal shit. It's such a stupid distraction because it still ties into the Russia story.
                            ...the unspoken but heavily implied allegation is that hes accusing Obama of doing a warrantless (i.e. illegal) search.

Comment

Its media candy.

"Here's a tweet. Look at the shiny tweet."
                              Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; March 7th, 2017, 10:29 AM.

Comment

This is really tricky. North Korea keeps escalating and China refuses to put them in check so we really have no choice, but this will hurt us with China who now have even more reason to work out trade deals with Mexico who both hate us.
                                Put them in check how? Its moles have already been purged, their planned puppet leader has been assassinated, and they've already embargoed NK coal.

People greatly overestimate China's pull over NK, largely thanks to falsified editorials. They want it to continue existing so they don't have US troops at their borders, but that's about it.

Comment

Put them in check how? Its moles have already been purged, their planned puppet leader has been assassinated, and they've already embargoed NK coal.

People greatly overestimate China's pull over NK, largely thanks to falsified editorials. They want it to continue existing so they don't have US troops at their borders, but that's about it.
                                  We just need China to show some strength against North Korea already. That'll put them in check and if it doesn't then China and US can ally against the little kid trying to play in the big boys league. This can be a serious opportunity to bring both US and China together.

Bleh.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

We just need China to show some strength against North Korea already. That'll put them in check and if it doesn't then China and US can ally against the little kid trying to play in the big boys league. This can be a serious opportunity to bring both US and China together.

Bleh.
                                    Except you're forgetting why China is backing North Korea at this point.

They want the US's sphere of influence as far away from them as possible, and North Korea is their only buffer from US troops and equipment located in South Korea. Which is why they are throwing a fit over recent developments in South Korea.

For once it's not the US that's being an asshole in terms of geopolitics. It's China.

And for the record it's usually the US that's acting solely in it's own self interest when in this situation it's acting on behalf of it's allies in the region who've been badgering the US to do something for a long time now.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

This is something that I frequently tried to point out in the past. However I'd point out he's dumb in a lot of other areas.

Especially in the whole southern wall thing being as the route he's taking now to 'pay for the wall' (it's a hilarious cluster fuck at this point) when during the primaries and presidential race he had a decent plan on his website listed out in a bullet-point fashion that made sense and would probably have worked in an asshole capitalistic bullying kind of way... then as soon as he's elected he just scraps his listed plan and flounders about like he has been on basically all of his points.

I was half expecting him to come through on at least a tenth of his promises but at this point he seems to be fucking that up as well. all he seems to do right is manipulate the press into doing what he wants them to. And in that regard he seems to be a bit of a master.

Comment

Have to give it to you americans the name for your future health program is great LMAO World's Greatest Healthcare Plan of 2017

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ouse-bill/1275

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post
                                          Which is why they are throwing a fit over recent developments in South Korea.
                                          Economic retaliation in response to unilateral action that represents a threat to security is called a sanction, not "throwing a fit", which the West does all the time. Check your bias.

For once it's not the US that's being an asshole in terms of geopolitics. It's China.
                                          You're right. Pushing for a diplomatic solution in order to avoid further military containment makes them assholes.

And for the record it's usually the US that's acting solely in it's own self interest when in this situation it's acting on behalf of it's allies in the region who've been badgering the US to do something for a long time now.
                                          These are not mutually exclusive. The US can defend its allies while also using it as an excuse to further its ability to contain China. If the US never intended to turn THAAD against China, then they never would have banned aerospace cooperation in order to prevent China from upgrading its arsenal; or deploy a radar capable of deep penetration of Chinese territory; or allow cross-continental data transmission.

Comment

Working...
                                          X