Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trump Bans EPA employees from posting on social media. ffs.

Also Pipelines are back and getting a pushed forward!

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN15820N
    Last edited by Cid; January 25th, 2017, 05:24 PM.

Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
    I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

Comment

• Kajin_Style
      Kajin_Style commented
      Editing a comment
      also twitter feature isn't working for me. What gives?

• Phobetor
      Phobetor commented
      Editing a comment
      I believe there is an issue with embedding tweets containing media (those that aren't simple text); either it is a problem with the mod used, or -- more likely -- it isn't supported in vBulletin 5.

• Cid
      Cid commented
      Editing a comment
      It works, you simply have to use the tweet ID and not the entire URL. I may see if I can tweak the code to allow for the full URL to be used. Also, if the tweet doesn't appear as soon as you post, try refreshing the page.

edit9
    Last edited by Knight of Steel; January 24th, 2017, 10:02 PM.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=awYc9xvqnv0

Comment

The whole election was a joke. I'm losing my patriotism.
      https://youtube.com/watch?v=awYc9xvqnv0

Comment

Originally posted by Knight of Steel View Post
        The whole election was a joke. I'm losing my patriotism.
        fuckin' same.
        (Just waiting for another set)

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
          For hopefully no more than the next 4 years.

Comment

Trump continues to fulfill promises

Comment

The EPA was just directed to freeze all grants. This means that graduate students and researchers funded on EPA funds are now without funds. All ongoing studies and R&D are stopped. Scientists at the USDA and EPA also blocked from communicating with press through the internet.

This all happened via executive Order, with zero input or oversight.

...for those of you who spent that last 8 years bitching that Obama improperly used executive orders to impose his agenda and didn't work with Congress...
              Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; January 25th, 2017, 12:55 PM.

Comment

Trump has also just bee hit by another several million dollar lawsuit, for failure to pay contractors who worked on the new Hotel he just opened in DC.

Which presents a new and never-before-entertained question of Constitutional Law: Can a President be sued as a private citizen for conduct in the course of private business, during his term of public office?

...Expect Trump now to be obsessing over image-control and attacking any media outlet that reports this. Instead of--you know--being leader of the free world and stuff...

*sigh* Its only the first week...
                Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; January 25th, 2017, 01:21 PM.

Comment

bought stock in vodka and ADIDAS very goodings komrade

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
                    The EPA was just directed to freeze all grants. This means that graduate students and researchers funded on EPA funds are now without funds. All ongoing studies and R&D are stopped. Scientists at the USDA and EPA also blocked from communicating with press through the internet.

This all happened via executive Order, with zero input or oversight.

...for those of you who spent that last 8 years bitching that Obama improperly used executive orders to impose his agenda and didn't work with Congress...
                    Yep... Made a post about this on my facebook page and was met with "why weren't you outraged when Obama signed so many executive orders!?!?!?!"

People piss me off.

Comment

http://www.theamericanmirror.com/tru...ctuary-cities/

It's like living in a victory simulator.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Yep... Made a post about this on my facebook page and was met with "why weren't you outraged when Obama signed so many executive orders!?!?!?!"

People piss me off.
                        The moral that you should've learned a long time ago is "stop posting on Facebook"

Comment

Originally posted by Snap View Post

The moral that you should've learned a long time ago is "stop posting on Facebook"
                          Nah, I've managed to flip a few of the more level-headed people and I've gotten a couple others actively involved in their local politics through my posts there. So as far as I can see, I'm at least doing some good. It's just that some members of my family, very specifically, are stupid as fuck.

Comment

lol

(I'm not amused by your misfortune -- I'm sorry that you have to put up with that -- but rather by how the less people know about a subject, the more sanctimonious they tend to be with respect to it.)

Comment

LEAVE TRUMP ALONE, YOU BIG MEANIES
                              Originally posted by Oneiros
                              In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

Originally posted by Phobetor View Post
                                lol

(I'm not amused by your misfortune -- I'm sorry that you have to put up with that -- but rather by how the less people know about a subject, the more sanctimonious they tend to be with respect to it.)
                                At least I seemingly shut him up by pointing out that GWB made even more executive orders than Obama did. Though I'm sure he'll argue that Bush did good ones while Obama did bad ones. These people are southerners, after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Doctor. View Post
                                  LEAVE TRUMP ALONE, YOU BIG MEANIES
                                  Sure sure sure. As soon as he apologizes to Obama.

Pfft.. hahahahaha

Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
                                  I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

Comment

At least I seemingly shut him up by pointing out that GWB made even more executive orders than Obama did. Though I'm sure he'll argue that Bush did good ones while Obama did bad ones. These people are southerners, after all.
                                    To be fair, even disregarding personal beliefs, the contrast isn't entirely black-and-white, and politics are never absolute in any sense.
                                    Some of Bush Jr.'s Executive Orders were "better" than some of Obama's, though granted this constitutes only a small minority.

In spite of his twelve-and-counting starting streak, we'll have to give Mr. Trump credit for the TPP-withdrawal memo, at any rate. ^^

Comment

Originally posted by Phobetor View Post
                                      To be fair, even disregarding personal beliefs, the contrast isn't entirely black-and-white, and politics are never absolute in any sense.
                                      Some of Bush Jr.'s Executive Orders were "better" than some of Obama's, though granted this constitutes only a small minority.

In spite of his twelve-and-counting starting streak, we'll have to give Mr. Trump credit for the TPP-withdrawal memo, at any rate. ^^
                                      I'm sure Bush did a few good things. His administration was responsible for increasing the Federal Minimum Wage from $5.15 to $7.25, after all. But most of my family tend to only see things in black and white. The democrats are bad and the republicans are good. It doesn't matter what they do. If the GOP does something that seems bad, it's tough love that's need. And if the DNC does something good then it's a plot to deflect from something nefarious. It's extremely frustrating to put up with.

And yeah, I did mention in a comment on the post that his withdrawal from the TPP was at least one good thing.

Comment

• Phobetor
                                        Phobetor commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Goodness, I'm sorry to hear that.

Hopefully political discourse isn't a focal point with your family!

• Cid
                                        Cid commented
                                        Editing a comment
                                        Luckily most of them are too stupid to have any real opinion, so if a situation occurs in which it's discussed, a person who's actually knowledgeable puts it to rest very quickly. Even with my complaints about FB, it's usually just one-off comments. Because when I prove whatever they're saying wrong, they're generally too ashamed to reply.

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

Sure sure sure. As soon as he apologizes to Obama.
                                      "I'm sorry you failed so bad during your Presidency" - Trump to Obama

Well that's technically not true. Obama is the reason the Dems lost the Presidency, the Senate, the House and over 1,000 legislatures. They're literally 1 election away from becoming as irrelevant as the 3rd parties.

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                      Auto-Saved
                                      x
                                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                      Working...
                                      X