Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pelosi announced a delay in sending the Articles of Impeachment to the Senate, citing McConnell's dumbassery as the primary reason.

She's a shrewd bitch, tbh.

Comment

So...He got impeached, does that mean he is no longer president?

Comment

Originally posted by Flame Saber View Post
        So...He got impeached, does that mean he is no longer president?
        Impeachment is a process.

The House voted yes on the articles. Then it’ll move to the Senate where it’ll die because there needs to be 67 yay votes and that won’t happen.

Only Nixon was “removed” (he resigned because he was fucked either way, all the other impeached presidents got acquitted).

After it dies in the Senate, it’ll probably just be business as usual.
        Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; December 19th, 2019, 02:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

The House voted yes on the articles. Then it’ll move to the Senate where it’ll die because there needs to be 67 yay votes and that won’t happen.

Only Nixon was “removed” (he resigned because he was fucked either way, all the other impeached presidents got acquitted).

Right conclusion, but you were wrong in getting there.

Impeachment is done and over. Trump is officially the third President to be Impeached by the House of Representatives. The next step is a Senate trial to decide what, if any, punishment is to be given.

Helps to think of the entire process like a normal court case. The House are the jurors who decide whether or not the President is guilty of the charges. The Senate acts like the judge, who doles out final punishment for the crimes that the House found him guilty of.

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Right conclusion, but you were wrong in getting there.

Impeachment is done and over. Trump is officially the third President to be Impeached by the House of Representatives. The next step is a Senate trial to decide what, if any, punishment is to be given.

Helps to think of the entire process like a normal court case. The House are the jurors who decide whether or not the President is guilty of the charges. The Senate acts like the judge, who doles out final punishment for the crimes that the House found him guilty of.

​​​​​​
            The Senate is pretty much that judge in the "affluenza" case. Trump is just too rich and dumb to be responsible for his actions.

Comment

If it's going to die in senate, then what's the point of the entire thing? He will still be in office.

Comment

Originally posted by Flame Saber View Post

If it's going to die in senate, then what's the point of the entire thing? He will still be in office.
                Go up to my reply to Chibi.

It's just political maneuvering.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

The Senate is pretty much that judge in the "affluenza" case.
                  Better metaphor

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post

Better metaphor

"shorty you trippin"- Mitch Mcconnell

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
                        thank you for the reminder of why I don't watch his show.

Comment

So...is Nancy still withholding the articles of impeachment?

Comment

So...is Nancy still withholding the articles of impeachment?
                            Yeah. She's likely going to keep holding it as well. This stuff with Iran is going to have a pretty major impact on public opinion, which could strengthen the impeachment argument.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Yeah. She's likely going to keep holding it as well. This stuff with Iran is going to have a pretty major impact on public opinion, which could strengthen the impeachment argument.
                              ...Yeah, I don’t like that. “I’ll just wait till I have stuff to strengthen my argument.” If that’s what she’s really going for.

That is some bad PR right there and frankly implies your existing argument to kick off the whole impeachment thing was shit (and if you knew it was shit to begin with...).

And isn’t it the Senate’s job to handle impeachment now? What gives her any real say in how and when the Senate conducts its trial now when the House already impeached him?
                              Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 6th, 2020, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Comment

And isn’t it the Senate’s job to handle impeachment now? What gives her any real say in how and when the Senate conducts its trial now when the House already impeached him?
                                  What gives the Senate any right to hold an unfair trial? Openly admitting they'll favor Trump in the trial when it happens.

Comment

What gives the Senate any right to hold an unfair trial? Openly admitting they'll favor Trump in the trial when it happens.
                                    Because the matter of impeachment is handed to the Senate when the House is done with its vote...whether the Senate itself sucks or not.

I have no love in my heart for Mitch “I won’t be an impartial juror” McConnell...but that’s just how the system works (or at least, is supposed to work).

She’s not doing herself favors with this tactic of hers, honestly. At best, it’s just stalling the inevitable.
                                    Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 6th, 2020, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Because the matter of impeachment is handed to the Senate when the House is done with its vote...whether the Senate itself sucks or not.

I have no love in my heart for Mitch “I won’t be an impartial juror” McConnell...but that’s just how the system works (or at least, is supposed to work).

She’s not doing herself favors with this tactic of hers, honestly. At best, it’s just stalling the inevitable.
                                      Exactly... Pelosi can hold the articles of Impeachment. That's how the system works.

Comment

Exactly... Pelosi can hold the articles of Impeachment. That's how the system works.
                                        https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...nig-nr-vpx.cnn

Even CNN acknowledges that this stalling is on legally shaky ground at best, and they’re not fans of Trump or Republicans in the slightest, lol.
                                        Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 6th, 2020, 05:53 PM.

Comment

On to other things...

Was General Soleimani really the guy that organized the embassy attack?

Comment

Working...
                                          X