X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ladd View Post
    Yeah that's kinda the whole problem.

YIKES
    Seriously! It is a scary thing to say now in hindsight but back then no one would dare question him and how he handled the terrorists. Just look at 9/11 and the trauma it did to the nation. It gave birth to the TSA and a bunch of laws were past that put all of us under a lot heavy surveillance. This affected all of us to the core and still does to this day, 18 years later. People are still afraid of turbans and now the new latest trend of things to be afraid of is poor people coming across the border.

Comment

• Kajin_Style
      Kajin_Style commented
      Editing a comment
      Mind you, I'm not defending Bush. I just wouldn't get in his way. He's taking out the bad guys and that's all that mattered to anyone at the time.

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Go away, lol.
    Oh cute... employing Republican tactics and ignoring the truth right in your face.

Tell me again how you are all for the innocent unborn babies.

Comment

Kajin, you do understand that emergency situations granting leaders “wiggle room” in how they go about getting rid of “the bad guys” is precisely NOT what we should do given the lessons of the Third Reich?

You’re pretty determined to avoid Nazi shit, that’s kind of the crux step in the “How to not turn into Nazi Germany” handbook...
      Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; December 10th, 2019, 12:51 AM.

Comment

And what does abortion have to do with anything? I thought one or two bills was loosey goosey with wording in third term abortions, that was entirely my issue, nothing else, lol.

I’ll admit that one time I proposed leaving it to the states was mistaken, but I don’t believe it anymore, so don’t bring it up as a cudgel.

If anything, I’m more or less on the pro-choice side of things (any time at first term, more reasons like economic ones at second term, and only emergencies in the third term with rules that ensure no abuse).

I’m just not a righteous faggot about it and understand that it’s a complicated moral issue whereas the ridiculous hardliners of both political persuasions don’t. I’ve given Wade shit for his nonsense on abortion too.
        Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; December 9th, 2019, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Kajin, you do understand that emergency situations granting leaders more or less “wiggle room” in how they go about getting rid of “the bad guys” is precisely NOT what we should do given the lessons of the Third Reich?

You’re pretty determined to avoid Nazi shit, that’s kind of the crux step in the “How to not turn into Nazi Germany” handbook...
          So then you agree Pelosi is right and it wasn't an impeachable offense. Good to know. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

So then you agree Pelosi is right and it wasn't an impeachable offense.

Comment

Do you even remember your point?

https://youtu.be/JP_vhf3W7lU

Pelosi: “I knew Bush was blatantly lying about the Iraq War which resulted in untold civilian deaths and more vets with PTSD...but it wasn’t grounds for impeachment.”

...But the president asking a foreigner to investigate Biden (a Dem like Pelosi) is too much...

This is what I meant when I said that the establishment only cares about rules when their own are threatened...

Thing’s a farce, through and through.

So again, Pelosi was right. They couldn't impeach Bush because he did nothing impeachable. What's wrong? Her hands were tied. She couldn't act, it wasn't illegal, it wasn't impeachable. Where's the problem? What IS the point you are trying to make?

Would you prefer she just... makes it up! Like how Fox News and Trump keep claiming it is all a witch hunt? Cause there's laws broken here, we got plenty of evidence of that. So please, explain the point I am missing.

Comment

What IS the point you are trying to make?
                You:

he had every right to handle things his way even if it twisted the stomaches of people.

Me:

Kajin, you do understand that emergency situations granting leaders “wiggle room” in how they go about getting rid of “the bad guys” is precisely NOT what we should do given the lessons of the Third Reich?

Gee, I don't know...

Comment

he had every right to handle things his way even if it twisted the stomaches of people.
                  Yeah, who cares about silly things like the Geneva Convention (especially if the alleged "terrorist" undergoing horrific torture turns out to be innocent after all)? But Trump is the Anti-Christ for... deporting illegals, right? For some strange reason, he doesn't have "every right" to handle things his way, huh.
                  Last edited by Lord L'Zoril; December 10th, 2019, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord L'Zoril View Post
                    But Trump is the Anti-Christ for...
                    No, Obama is the Anti-Christ. Trump is God's chosen messenger. Get your Christian folklore right, fool.

Comment

Seriously! It is a scary thing to say now in hindsight but back then no one would dare question him and how he handled the terrorists. Just look at 9/11 and the trauma it did to the nation. It gave birth to the TSA and a bunch of laws were past that put all of us under a lot heavy surveillance. This affected all of us to the core and still does to this day, 18 years later. People are still afraid of turbans and now the new latest trend of things to be afraid of is poor people coming across the border.
                      Except that a handful of people did question it. One of which is running for president right now.

It's Bernie

Which means your rhetoric is just sour grapes because the democrats at the time were unable, or rather unwilling considering Obama's actions as president, to oppose Bush in his endeavors.

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

Except that a handful of people did question it. One of which is running for president right now.

It's Bernie

Which means your rhetoric is just sour grapes because the democrats at the time were unable, or rather unwilling considering Obama's actions as president, to oppose Bush in his endeavors.
                        Bernie is kind of an unfair example to use. He's literally the only person in Congress that is consistently on the right side.

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

It's Bernie

Excuse me for being too loose with how I word things. I should start saying "most people" instead of "all".

Comment

Originally posted by Lord L'Zoril View Post

Yeah, who cares about silly things like the Geneva Convention (especially if the alleged "terrorist" undergoing horrific torture turns out to be innocent after all)? But Trump is the Anti-Christ for... deporting illegals, right? For some strange reason, he doesn't have "every right" to handle things his way, huh.
                            Oh that's not what I said. I care about the Geneva convention and do agree everyone, even terrorists should be treated fairly. However... I wouldn't have rallied against Bush at the time, I'd just disagree with his chosen methods. Bush was handling terrorists who attacked our country in a horrific way. Trump on the other hand is not handling terrorists, but poor helpless people. There's a vast distinction here.

Comment

>Doesn't remember his point.
                              Ok cool.

Comment

Two articles of impeachment were revealed against Trump.

One for abuse of power and the other for obstruction of justice.

Who was the clown that was arguing with me about democrats NOT going after him for obstruction? Feel like rubbing his face all in it real quick. Was it King John?

Comment

Bush was handling terrorists who attacked our country in a horrific way.
                                  The thing about this is... IRAQ DIDN'T FUCKING ATTACK US. Bush lied. And when we had confirmation they didn't he moved the goalpost to "Saddam has WMDs"

Trump on the other hand is not handling terrorists, but poor helpless people. There's a vast distinction here.
                                  Do you not know how many civilians died in the Iraq war. Bush absolutely has a higher kill count of innocents than Trump.

Comment

The thing about this is... IRAQ DIDN'T FUCKING ATTACK US. Bush lied. And when we had confirmation they didn't he moved the goalpost to "Saddam has WMDs"

Do you not know how many civilians died in the Iraq war. Bush absolutely has a higher kill count of innocents than Trump.
                                    You are saying all of this in hindsight. All our intelligence agencies pointed to Iraq and WMDs. It wasn't until 2 years after 9/11 did we learned there wasn't any weapons.

Now why he get a second term, hell if I know. People were already starting to call him an idiot by then.

Comment

You are saying all of this in hindsight. All our intelligence agencies pointed to Iraq and WMDs. It wasn't until 2 years after 9/11 did we learned there wasn't any weapons.

Now why he get a second term, hell if I know. People were already starting to call him an idiot by then.
                                      Except the intelligence agencies didn't provide any evidence of such a thing.

There were large swaths of people who protested the war in Iraq because they didn't feel there was enough evidence and suspected it was a ploy... and they were right.

That's the entire critique of people now going "well everyone was doing it" or "everyone thought X". Even back then plenty of voices were yelling about how it was a disaster and a mistake going into the war and how Bush was full of shit (or rather Dick was full of shit, that's the part that hindsight revealed). Especially since once it was revealed OBL was responsible for the attack and it was well known to political actors that he was certainly not in Iraq.

Comment

Even my incredibly right-leaning grandparents were calling Bush out on his bullshit.
                                        Originally posted by Wade
                                        Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Working...
                                        X