This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

I think Trump's just being an unsavory Uber Patriot on the matter, more or less; how much "The Squad" is guilty of the accusations levied against them as regards their views, IDK, and I suspect it's overblown...but as regards Trump's Tweets themselves...that's pretty much my thoughts.

On another note, Donald Trump has overplayed his hand...he's given Dems a unifying force to rally behind and forget their differences (...again).

Somewhat miffed about it too because I wanted to see where the piss fight between "The Squad" and everyone else in the DNC was gonna go, and now it's been cut short.

Ben Shipario both attacks and defends Omar in one instance against the chanting that crowd did at Trump's latest rally.

You know Trump royally fucked up when you got people like him shaking their head at what he's doing to Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

Ben Shipario both attacks and defends Omar in one instance against the chanting that crowd did at Trump's latest rally.

You know Trump royally fucked up when you got people like him shaking their head at what he's doing to Americans.
      I made that post before those chants happened, bro.

I don't support deporting Omar. I don't really like her much myself (not because of the "some people did something" thing), but ideological purity testing is bad (it's the basis for why they're asking for her to be deported).

But on the subject of Trump...

There's an explanation going around that Donald Trump actually made those stupid Tweets to produce a "cover" controversy...because he's actually working to change the asylum system as we currently know it. The attempt is to make it so that people who haven't applied for asylum in the countries they crossed on their way to the US will not be able to apply for asylum in an attempt to reduce the backlog of asylum seekers (the article mentioned that 50-75% of applicants have their applications for asylum denied).

...And they might be right that that’s what Trump is doing because just like with that Tweet Ilhan Omar made some months ago, the House held a vote over the matter of Trump's Tweets and now outlets are focusing much more on the matter of the Tweet controversy than other issues.
      Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; July 18th, 2019, 07:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

I made that post before those chants happened, bro.

I don't support deporting Omar. I don't really like her much myself (not because of the "some people did something" thing), but ideological purity testing is bad (it's the basis for why they're asking for her to be deported).

But on the subject of Trump...

There's an explanation going around that Donald Trump actually made those stupid Tweets to produce a "cover" controversy...because he's actually working to change the asylum system as we currently know it. The attempt is to make it so that people who haven't applied for asylum in the countries they crossed on their way to the US will not be able to apply for asylum in an attempt to reduce the backlog of asylum seekers (the article mentioned that 50-75% of applicants have their applications for asylum denied).

...And they might be right that that’s what Trump is doing because just like with that Tweet Ilhan Omar made some months ago, the House held a vote over the matter of Trump's Tweets and now outlets are focusing much more on the matter of the Tweet controversy than other issues.
        This implies Trump has some level of intelligence and does underhanded political tactics (you know things people accused Hiliary of being capable of) but that is waay too much credit. If anything it would be his cabinet making use of all the noise he's making as cover for their plans. I find that more likely.

Comment

Pickle Mueller.jpg
          ...This is really a thing...
          (Unfortunately, the paywall is blocking me from reading this, lol).
          Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; July 25th, 2019, 06:15 PM.

Comment

• Cid
            Cid commented
            Editing a comment
            Never read anything on any news website that's marked with "opinion".

Thoughts on Trump vetoing the bipartisan bills designed to stop him from selling weapons to Saudi Arabia?

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
            Thoughts on Trump vetoing the bipartisan bills designed to stop him from selling weapons to Saudi Arabia?
            Gay AF.

Our relationship with Saudi Arabia is gross and Trump is dumb for blocking the bill that would make it less gross.

BTW, normally I just ignore stuff like NYT and WaPo opinion pieces...but that one just sounded too funny to pass up...

I managed to find an archive link.

Wasn’t as funny as I thought it would be, the R&M references were only in like, one paragraph.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
              At this point I am just glaring at people who support Trump and pointing them to shit like this, basically saying -- "Explain!"

Comment

Comment

^^^

(We broke reality guyz. Its us. We're parallel Earth.)

Comment

Fucking love Bernie. lol

Comment

#MTTGA

Comment

Working...
                      X