Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T5 Official Discussion: The Trump Presidency

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

    Do you know what the 'Marshall Plan' was
    All I remember on it is that the general idea was reconstructing Europe and that efforts were lumped in to try and curb any spread of [the ideology that hates rich people].

    What is it I need to know (outside of that)...?

    Comment




    So...the US literally went from "Iran, Iraq, and NK, NO NUCLEAR ANYTHING!" to "Hey, Saudi, you need some nuclear for that?" in like...2 seconds flat.

    ...As if our relationship with the Saudis wasn't already bad enough...

    Comment


    • #83.6666666667
      #83.6666666667 commented
      Editing a comment
      They already gave nukes to Israel. Now Saudi is their new friend in the middle east.

    • RussianCoffeeAddict
      Editing a comment
      83

      Haven't heard of that; wouldn't be surprised, but I just haven't researched it that much to really know. Still, this is particularly egregious to be doing because of our previous record of foreign affairs (all three I explicitly mentioned, but definitely the first 2 in particular).
      Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; April 2nd, 2019, 06:27 PM.

    • #83.6666666667
      #83.6666666667 commented
      Editing a comment
      Israel has very close ties with the higher ups. They can literally get away with murder.

    On a brighter note...

    https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/04/01/pol...urt/index.html

    ...Bernie Sanders floated term limits for the SCOTUS.

    I think 2 weeks is way too short, even considering that the pool of associate justices is restricted to 20-50 or so for some years’ time, but the idea of term limits in general for the Supreme Court is a good one.

    It’d help avoid situations like Garland or Kavanaugh (especially stuff like Kavanaugh) a bit more in the SCOTUS nominations, and I think the country as a whole could benefit with more fresh troops in general guiding things from time to time.

    Comment


      Originally posted by The Poster Formerly Known as Teal View Post

      i've noticed you're really humble as well
      Yup. More than you and the other jackasses floating around here.

      Comment


        Originally posted by RussianBrolyAddict View Post
        On a brighter note...

        https://www-m.cnn.com/2019/04/01/pol...urt/index.html

        ...Bernie Sanders floated term limits for the SCOTUS.

        I think 2 weeks is way too short, even considering that the pool of associate justices is restricted to 20-50 or so for some years’ time, but the idea of term limits in general for the Supreme Court is a good one.

        It’d help avoid situations like Garland or Kavanaugh (especially stuff like Kavanaugh) a bit more in the SCOTUS nominations, and I think the country as a whole could benefit with more fresh troops in general guiding things from time to time.
        That's a cool idea.

        What's the story with Garland?

        Can we get term limits for senators too?

        Comment


          Originally posted by Saiyan Style View Post

          That's a cool idea.

          What's the story with Garland?

          Can we get term limits for senators too?
          Merrick Garland got blocked by the Republicans because the Republicans chose to just not vote on him as a SCOTUS nominee. Dude was pretty qualified in all matters from what I can tell, but they didn't want to give Obama another SCOTUS Justice of his own picking.

          His blocking is why some of the defenders of the Dems' behavior during the Kavanaugh farce liked to say "but Garland tho." Of course, I think the simple answer is to just not like either situation, but...you know...

          That would be too hard to do for some, I guess.

          Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if the Dems themselves did what they did in part with Garland justifying their actions in the back of their minds...

          Senator term limits would be great. 4-8 years for them sounds reasonable, anything above or below is probably too short or too long in all honesty.
          Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; April 2nd, 2019, 12:38 AM.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

            Or my knowledge is just limited?

            <-- Public education right here, bro. In a ghetto neighborhood. Where my history teacher told us to remember dates and names and little else.


            Maybe if some of the assholes around here would say "Hey, your wrong because of these reasons and events"

            VS

            "You are wrong cause your a snowfake, cuckold loving, subhuman piece of shit."


            I'd be more incline to be receptive to such corrections. Just a thought.
            Except you weren't in the thread provided when I flat out outlined why you were wrong. you instead kicked back, as you always do. Usually with plenty of labels to throw around.

            You're not a saint, and usually I have disdain or contempt in my posts... but rarely choppy elementary level insults.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

              Or my knowledge is just limited?

              <-- Public education right here, bro. In a ghetto neighborhood. Where my history teacher told us to remember dates and names and little else.


              Maybe if some of the assholes around here would say "Hey, your wrong because of these reasons and events"

              VS

              "You are wrong cause your a snowfake, cuckold loving, subhuman piece of shit."


              I'd be more incline to be receptive to such corrections. Just a thought.
              This inspired this thread no doubt.
              https://www.t5forums.com/forum/main-...-public-school
              Which one am I?

              Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

              ...Yeah. That was probably wrong of them. If it were me, I'd say A and B. Flaming is essential in "debating" and all, but only if you tell a retard why they're a retard. Otherwise, you're just a bully and I ain't about that life, you feel me?

              Though I am curious why you're so insistent on making yourself look the fool when you know your knowledge is lacking in a subject where even so-called intellectuals make fools out of themselves all the damn time.
              Lol, this fucking retard.
              Originally posted by Helly;n542091
              Also, lol @ "I'm busy". You admit you have no life and go to many forums, and in the same post lie about havingLmao. Go work on your fictitious "dream" instead of wasting your time lying to us about how important you are.

              Comment


                China and Russia have basically neutralized the USA from interfering with a military force.

                Guido is slowly but steadily losing momentum and support. If Maduro doesn't do anything brash he might stay in as President.
                Originally posted by Helly;n542091
                Also, lol @ "I'm busy". You admit you have no life and go to many forums, and in the same post lie about havingLmao. Go work on your fictitious "dream" instead of wasting your time lying to us about how important you are.

                Comment


                  Guys! Guys! Our country is full! That should solve our "immigration crisis".

                  Now we can get to more important things like who Trump can fire next so he form a dictatorship.


                  Comment


                    Seriously, DeVos is like cancer. Sucking the life out of the education system and slowly killing it.

                    Comment


                      So, have I missed anything over the past couple weeks? lol

                      Comment


                        LMFAO

                        If Trump is actually impeached/"resigns" over tax fraud rather than the multitude of other things. That's how they got Capone.
                        Originally posted by Cid;n544962
                        At the very least, Kaijin displays a functional understanding of the political discussions he posts in, as well.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Cid View Post
                          So, have I missed anything over the past couple weeks? lol
                          I'm actually kind of curious about that myself. Seems that not a whole lot of actual big stuff has happened.

                          Trump continues to be Trump, as always, which is to say, he can't get off Twitter.

                          Pete Buttigieg (what on Earth is that name), is apparently becoming a considerable contender on the DNC side, but that's really the only thing that's coming to mind right now, and...well...

                          We already have a thread for that subject, lol.

                          Might pop in there and ask about him, actually.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Cid View Post
                            So, have I missed anything over the past couple weeks? lol
                            Conservatives are mad at Ilhan Omar for being Muslim again.

                            trump suggested sending illegal immigrants into sanctuary cities even though saying shit like "I'm gonna send you to the country's wealthiest cities that won't try to deport you" is only gonna encourage people to come in.

                            He also talked about how it's important to turn away immigrants in a room full of Holocaust survivors.

                            kirstjen Neilson " resigned" cuz trump wants someone who's "tougher" and will bring back family separation.

                            Dems formally ordered the fed to release his taxes and the fed chair is refusing.

                            Bill Barr wants to open an investigation into the investigation

                            Think that's about it

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by -Person- View Post

                              Conservatives are mad at Ilhan Omar for being Muslim again.
                              Speaking of Ilhan Omar...

                              "Some people did something."

                              That is some serious beating around the bush, lol.
                              Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; April 14th, 2019, 07:35 PM.

                              Comment


                                Trump says he knows nothing of wikileaks despite having mention them by name over 140 times.

                                But throughout the 2016 presidential campaign, then-candidate Trump praised WikiLeaks more than 140 times for leaks targeting the Democratic National Committee and Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta. Trump promoted "the WikiLeaks revelations" many times at his campaign rallies, claiming corruption in the Democratic Party.

                                https://www.politico.com/story/2019/...ileaks-1269954
                                Yet now Sarah Sanders is saying he was joking back then. It was a joke. I'm getting real tired of this joke defense from the Right.

                                Bitch President gets caught in a lie and has his hype people say "It's a joke bro! Why you mad??"

                                Lies aren't jokes. They are lies!


                                ffs.

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by -Person- View Post

                                  Conservatives are mad at Ilhan Omar for being Muslim again.

                                  trump suggested sending illegal immigrants into sanctuary cities even though saying shit like "I'm gonna send you to the country's wealthiest cities that won't try to deport you" is only gonna encourage people to come in.

                                  He also talked about how it's important to turn away immigrants in a room full of Holocaust survivors.

                                  kirstjen Neilson " resigned" cuz trump wants someone who's "tougher" and will bring back family separation.

                                  Dems formally ordered the fed to release his taxes and the fed chair is refusing.

                                  Bill Barr wants to open an investigation into the investigation

                                  Think that's about it
                                  Oh, so basically nothing that hasn't happened before?

                                  Interesting that Trump directed the Fed not to release his returns. I imagine a subpoena will be coming soon.

                                  Comment


                                    I do love how Trump has destroyed any and all pretense of "Conservatives don't hold the views they hold on immigration because they're RACIST. Its about respecting the rule of law. The law is the law. We hold the views we hold on immigration because this country has immigration laws; we have a right to enforce our laws, and people who break the law should be punished."

                                    https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/04/...migration-law/

                                    "President Donald Trump told Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Kevin McAleenan he would grant McAleenan a pardon if he were sent to jail for having border agents block asylum seekers from entering the United States in defiance of US law."

                                    lol alrighty then.

                                    Tell us again how this isn't just naked hatred of brown people???

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
                                      I do love how Trump has destroyed any and all pretense of "Conservatives don't hold the views they hold on immigration because they're RACIST. Its about respecting the rule of law. The law is the law. We hold the views we hold on immigration because this country has immigration laws; we have a right to enforce our laws, and people who break the law should be punished."

                                      https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/04/...migration-law/

                                      "President Donald Trump told Customs and Border Protection Commissioner Kevin McAleenan he would grant McAleenan a pardon if he were sent to jail for having border agents block asylum seekers from entering the United States in defiance of US law."

                                      lol alrighty then.

                                      Tell us again how this isn't just naked hatred of brown people???
                                      Reminds me of when he was saying he doesn't encourage violence then told his supporters he'd pay their legal fees if they beat up protesters.

                                      Comment

                                      Working...
                                      X