• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mexico is stealing the wall

Comment

Originally posted by The Poster Formerly Known as Teal View Post
      Holy shit, Trump looks like a penguin
      Originally posted by Wade
      Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

Holy shit, Trump looks like a penguin
        (the best batman villain)

Comment

AG William Barr's summarized version of the Mueller Report is expected to be released within half an hour.

But I shouldn't even be awake yet, so I'm going back to sleep for another two hours.

Comment

Seems like Mueller didn't find any evidence of collusion between Trump and his campaign and the Russian government.

Mueller did not reach any conclusion on the obstruction case and left that part of his investigation open to the AG and Deputy AG to determine. Barr and Rosenstein concluded that was insufficient evidence to build an obstruction case against Trump.

Overall, it seems that Trump is just insanely incompetent in how he handled this entire situation. No surprise there, however.

Comment

so he didn't collude with russia. what about china or north korea? the important thing is more investigations and, of course, accusations

Comment

> an Alex Jones-tier conspiracy theory turned out to be a bunch of hogwash

I M A G I N E M Y S U R P R I S E

Comment

Originally posted by Ziku View Post
                  > an Alex Jones-tier conspiracy theory turned out to be a bunch of hogwash

I M A G I N E M Y S U R P R I S E
                  I mean...

I N A L L F A I R N E S S

His eldest son, son-in-law, and his campaign manager all met with Russian Nationals to discuss Hillary and some potentially damning evidence of wrongdoing... And then they all lied about it ever happening.

Was pre-tty suspish.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                    Seems like Mueller didn't find any evidence of collusion between Trump and his campaign and the Russian government.
                    To be honest, I'm not surprised.

Trump seems too stupid to be able to pull such a stunt off, so if he had colluded...THAT would have been a surprise, for me.

Comment

Originally posted by The Poster Formerly Known as Teal View Post
                      so he didn't collude with russia. what about china or north korea? the important thing is more investigations and, of course, accusations
                      plenty of time to investigate after his re-election

Comment

Screenshot_20190324-203533_Facebook.png

Bernie is going hard on this.

Comment

Regardless of the results, Trump looks extremely incompetent at best for so much to fly under his nose.

Comment

Well, now that this investigation is probably over...unless a bombshell was hidden in the report away from the summary...we just have to look forward and see where we’re gonna go from here. After all, not accepting these results would be a mistake considering the expectations of both detractors and supporters of Mr. Mueller (If he’s really an ultra #NeverTrumper, such a person saying it didn’t happen is likely honest, and if he’s the most competent and balanced guy ever for the job, the results should be rooted in legitimacy; no matter how you look at it, the Russia affair, through the Russia-Collusion lens specifically...is more likely than not done).

Impeachment probably isn’t gonna happen; even Nancy basically said so.

So now they have to do things the old-fashioned way; good ol’ electioneering. The question is...

Will Democrats not fuck up this time...?
                            Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 24th, 2019, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Investigations aren't completely over yet. Mueller's probe was exclusively about collusion and obstruction of justice. Other shady things were uncovered but mostly left untouched due to the nature of them.

House democrats picked up the baton on those things, most noticeably, money laundering accusations levied against Trump as well as tax fraud.

Trump will not be impeached, but he still faces an uphill battle and will likely be held back by investigations until he leaves office. Be that in 2020 or in 2024.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                                Investigations aren't completely over yet. Mueller's probe was exclusively about collusion and obstruction of justice. Other shady things were uncovered but mostly left untouched due to the nature of them.
                                Yeah, investigations aren’t over.

But they’ll never be like this one.

The hype behind this one coupled with the result (not even the back up case of obstruction was proposed as something to be pursued) will probably leave them mostly as side quests at best, especially when stuff like that NYT article on Trump’s shady business stuff went basically forgotten, and that’s the primary area where Trump’s gonna be targeted.

It’s just gonna be a tug of war of people who will seem determined at all odds to find a chink in Trump’s armor (they’ll definitely find something that way) and people with this anti climatic ending to justify ignoring all of it, presuming no one bothers to defect (I wouldn’t be surprised, but I wouldn’t count on it either).

...I just don’t see it going anywhere...

I think this election is gonna be a battle of policy, in all likelihood.

That’s where Democrats should put most of their focus, honestly.

House democrats picked up the baton on those things, most noticeably, money laundering accusations levied against Trump as well as tax fraud.

Trump will not be impeached, but he still faces an uphill battle and will likely be held back by investigations until he leaves office. Be that in 2020 or in 2024.

Sure...

But Democrats are not people I feel like betting on to beat the guy, unless it’s Bernie.

...They already lost once after laughing at the possibility of Trump even getting past the primaries...
                                Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 24th, 2019, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                                  Sure...

But Democrats are not people I feel like betting on to beat the guy, unless it’s Bernie.

...They already lost once after laughing at the possibility of Trump even getting past the primaries...
                                  Because they were retarded enough to have Hillary Clinton as their nominee

It was a well-deserved L and the Donkeys have no one to blame but themselves

Comment

The only major democrat that will struggle against Trump in the general is Warren. And that's just because she's going to get smeared and turned into a meme. Literally anyone else, be that Harris, Bernie, Booker, or Biden, will probably win without much of a struggle. I'm not concerned about another Trump victory, he won't be a two term president.

As for the House Investigations, they will be there to siphon away the moderate republicans and centrist independents. And they will likely so their job very well.

Comment

“He will NEVER win the 2020 election unless Warren steps in! Nope, not this time!”

See, I’d like to believe that.

It’d be really comforting.

But if there’s even a mild chance the United States gets a kick in the balls that I’m not expecting...

It’ll just sting extra hard, you know?
                                      Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 24th, 2019, 09:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                                        “He will NEVER win the 2020 election unless Warren steps in! Nope, not this time!”

See, I’d like to believe that.

It’d be really comforting.

But if there’s even a mild chance the United States gets a kick in the balls that I’m not expecting...

It’ll just sting extra hard, you know?
                                        His ratings are in the trash. The only people that approve are the republican voters... And they only consist of ~30% of the electorate. He has completely and utterly lost the support of the centrist independent base. Trump's nightmare scenario in this cycle isn't even losing votes to the democrat, it's failure to energize the centrist and right-leaning independents, or worse, driving them to vote for the libertarian candidate.

Just about the only way dems can screw this up again is if they fuck over the progressive candidates like they did Bernie in 2016. I sincerely doubt the DNC is that stupid. But if they are, they deserve 4 more years of Trump. If the DNC takes its hands off the primary and lets it play out naturally, whoever gets the nomination will trounce Trump in the general, saying that no huge scandal breaks out during the general campaign.

Comment

While Biden lacks Obama's charisma, he's definitely more likable and trustworthy than Hillary. Therefore, he would handily beat Trump in 2020. That Trump will have alienated all but his most hardcore supporters by then due to not keeping any of his grandiose promises is just rubbing salt in the wound.

That being said, I really, reaallly don't want another corporate Democrat to default a W in the next cycle because that would signify that we have learned nothing whatsoever from Trump upsetting the status quo. Viva la non-revolución.

Warren, Harris, Booker, and O'Rourke have little hope of felling even a disgraced Trump, however. They can preemptively hold that L.

On the other hand, Bernie could probably do it, though the superdelegates are just going to push Biden over him just like they did Hillary, so.
                                          Last edited by Lord L'Zoril; March 25th, 2019, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X