This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chibz View Post

It's just people refusing to stand by any real values and pretending sitting on the fence is making a statement. Or worse, they compromise their values to appeal to the other side. Found this pic months ago but it's pretty accurate for the context.

centristmeme4.png
    I don't think it's really that simple. People that don't support a candidate probably have just given up in politics. You really can't blame them. It is clear that the elections are rigged so someone the people don't want but that big business does, will win.

This is in part because we don't even have a legitimate democracy where each persons vote counts as equal. The electoral college essentially guarantees that the corporative favorite will win.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post
      I don't think it's really that simple. People that don't support a candidate probably have just given up in politics. You really can't blame them. It is clear that the elections are rigged so someone the people don't want but that big business does, will win.

This is in part because we don't even have a legitimate democracy where each persons vote counts as equal. The electoral college essentially guarantees that the corporative favorite will win.
      Are you saying that the people who identify as Centrists MIGHT have a good reason for not engaging in the system exactly like their Leftie and Rightie buds do!?!?

S.
      M.
      H.

Man.

S.
      M.
      H.
      Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 3rd, 2019, 04:59 PM. Reason: The quote marks, in retrospect, did not make much sense...

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
        people who identify as “Centrists”
        lol

Comment

This is in part because we don't even have a legitimate democracy where each persons vote counts as equal.
          T Y R A N N Y O F T H E M A J O R I T Y

As a progressive, you should be weary of """legitimate democracy""" lol
          Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
          Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Not saying anything would be seen as more cowardly than agreeing with him. And if he not said anything they would bring the question up until he did. Either way someone would be pissed this way however we have a chance for peace.
            "The point of this summit was for Chairman Kim and I to discuss our nuclear deal. We did discuss Otto Warmbier briefly but both of us felt like it would have been best for our law enforcement officials to handle this matter instead of discussing it directly."

That would have been the best answer he could have given since he didn't want to take a hard stance. Instead, he passed along a lie that made him and the country look complicit in Warmbier's murder and one that now has Warmbier's parents speaking out against Trump and parading it around on TV. Meanwhile, in Korea, Kim Jung-Un is probably actually laughing over having got away with the ordeal so easily.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

700 billion+ in military spending which is more than the rest of the world combined! So my apologizes if my matter-of-fact tone comes off egotistic, but it is just that facts. There is now way us dropping that much cash will not net us vastly superior military technology. We had drones in the air dropping bombs long before you could even buy a drone to fly around in your backyard.
              Erm, I'm well aware that the US' military is even stronger than Russia or China's.

That... kinda wasn't the point, however. I was addressing your stupid assertion that nuclear war doesn't affect us or the world at large. And not just indirectly either, mind. India's "Surya" missile (currently in development; likely in collaboration w/ Russia) can directly target the US if they so choose. As can China and poss- probably NK. Thus, Pakistan not being too far behind is a pretty safe bet. Just because only Russia is capable of reducing the US to rubble doesn't mean other countries aren't capable of causing catastrophic damage. It's no longer the late 1950s. The world has "progressed" a lot since.
              Last edited by Oneiros; March 3rd, 2019, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Are you saying that the people who identify as Centrists MIGHT have a good reason for not engaging in the system exactly like their Leftie and Rightie buds do!?!?

S.
                M.
                H.

Man.

S.
                M.
                H.
                Literally, what?

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post
                T Y R A N N Y O F T H E M A J O R I T Y

As a progressive, you should be weary of """legitimate democracy""" lol
                Better to be in the tranny of the majority than the minority.
                Why?

Originally posted by Cid View Post

"The point of this summit was for Chairman Kim and I to discuss our nuclear deal. We did discuss Otto Warmbier briefly but both of us felt like it would have been best for our law enforcement officials to handle this matter instead of discussing it directly."

That would have been the best answer he could have given since he didn't want to take a hard stance. Instead, he passed along a lie that made him and the country look complicit in Warmbier's murder and one that now has Warmbier's parents speaking out against Trump and parading it around on TV. Meanwhile, in Korea, Kim Jung-Un is probably actually laughing over having got away with the ordeal so easily.
                If it's any consolation people will completely forget about this in a week.

Comment

If it's any consolation people will completely forget about this in a week.
                  I don't know... Took a couple months for everyone to forget about Khashoggi.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

I don't know... Took a couple months for everyone to forget about Khashoggi.
                    Who? Lol.

Comment

Who? Lol.
                      Saudi-born journalist for the Washington Post that was murdered in the Saudi embassy in Instanbul.

Comment

• #83.6666666667
                        #83.6666666667 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Had to google him up because I totally forgot about him.

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post

Erm, I'm well aware that the US' military is even stronger than Russia or China's.

That... kinda wasn't the point, however. I was addressing your stupid assertion that nuclear war doesn't affect us or the world at large. And not just indirectly either, mind. India's "Surya" missile (currently in development; likely in collaboration w/ Russia) can directly target the US if they so choose. As can China and poss- probably NK. Thus, Pakistan not being too far behind is a pretty safe bet. Just because only Russia is capable of reducing the US to rubble doesn't mean other countries aren't capable of causing catastrophic damage. It's no longer the late 1950s. The world has "progressed" a lot since.
                      There is still a vast Ocean between the US and every other super power with nukes. Yes I know the world can be devastated by any two nations nuking each other but it doesn't directly affect the US. It just indirectly affects the world. This is me explaining why there isn't this fear of a crisis or how silly it is to compare this to the cuban missile crisis.

The rest of the world has progressed but many of those countries are still in WW2 era technology. Suddenly, when we get a dickhead in office, the rest of the world wants to update their military equipment.

Comment

Not saying anything would be seen as more cowardly than agreeing with him. And if he not said anything they would bring the question up until he did. Either way someone would be pissed this way however we have a chance for peace.

1. It's like, you like me proving you wrong. "While a ballistic flight path is relatively predictable, an HGV flies a completely unpredictable path, with the energy to aggressively maneuver throughout flight. This renders point-defense systems, such as Patriot and THAAD, ineffective." https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...-weapons%3famp
                        2. He dropped bombs and didn't invade. Yeah. He hasn't invaded because Putin backs Assad.
                        3. It's a nuclear crisis, you idiot. Even if they don't wipe each other out, which is not even the point, the repercussions would be bad for the entire planet.
                        Sanctions is directly getting involved with a country. You don't need boots on ground. How dumb are you.

He is the legitimate president of Venezuela it doesn't matter if some people in a different party don't agree.
                        1) It is already known and they are working on it. Also it only gives them first strike advantage. They get a few hits in but that's it. https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/201...pieces/151101/
                        2) He didn't invade cause that is bad for the polls. This is Trump we are talking about. Also there was no real solid reason to invade either but no reason to bomb as well. Yet he did it, meanwhile Russia didn't retaliated.
                        3) No shit sherlock, however. That Nuclear crisis doesn't directly affect people in the US and therefore no one here really cares. Sure it might affect the world but we got a whole ocean between us and that crisis.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

1) It is already known and they are working on it. Also it only gives them first strike advantage. They get a few hits in but that's it. https://www.defenseone.com/ideas/201...pieces/151101/
                          2) He didn't invade cause that is bad for the polls. This is Trump we are talking about. Also there was no real solid reason to invade either but no reason to bomb as well. Yet he did it, meanwhile Russia didn't retaliated.
                          3) No shit sherlock, however. That Nuclear crisis doesn't directly affect people in the US and therefore no one here really cares. Sure it might affect the world but we got a whole ocean between us and that crisis.
                          Doesn't say anything about the Russian missiles.

When has the military ever needed a reason? Didn't invade though, point.

Yeah it does. It effects the whole planet. You can look up the research and also past nuclear power plants meltdowns and see how it has effected people across the Earth.

Comment

Comment

So apparently Mueller's findings are finally about to be dropped out in the open relatively soon.

Next week, possibly.

'Bout time, honestly.

Let's see what happens.
                              Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 8th, 2019, 12:45 AM.

Comment

There's at least 17 other investigations to look forward to as well

Comment

...politics aside for a moment...just imagine being as bad at your job as this guy is, and blustering through the way hes blustered through...

BOSS: ...hey...you kinda fucked up that mediation statement...

ME: Wrong. I write the best mediation statements.

BOSS: Yeah??? The last one you wrote didn't even mention the client's damages.

ME: Well I heard that mediation statements don't have to mention client damages. Lots of very smart people are saying that mediation statements don't have to mention client damages. Hillary's mediation statements never mention client damages--very unfair--why doesn't anyone tell Hillary that her mediation statements have to mention client damages?

BOSS: ...you also forgot to make a settlement demand...

ME: Fake. Fake news.

BOSS:

Pull that shit in any halfway competent organization.

You'll be fired the very next day.
                                  Last edited by Post-Crisis Shob; March 13th, 2019, 09:55 AM.

Comment

here...since i'm posting ancient memes today...

Comment

So Donald Trump's emergency declaration just got bombed in the Senate.

Donald Trump's planning to veto it, tho.

Wish he gets overridden, but some people are saying that won't happen.

Comment

So Donald Trump's emergency declaration just got bombed in the Senate.

Donald Trump's planning to veto it, tho.

Wish he gets overridden, but some people are saying that won't happen.
                                        Part me kinda hopes it doesnt get overwritten so that the next president can do the same about climate change and gun control

Comment

Working...
                                        X