This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cid View Post

You kind of get into that clickbait esque crap when you title a serious discussion with a misleading or meme-y title. I kind of doubt that I'm the only person that passed over the topic because the title didn't mean much. Orgy, Shob, EodS, and myself are fairly active in the political threads... Yet not one of us replied. My recommendation is to try a more matter-of-fact title for serious discussions. Or at the very least, give some sort of Indication of what the topic contains with your snark. I'll even change your thread's title if you give me a new one. Lol
    Hmm... "Latin America Syndrome"? Idk. Makes it a bit less vague while still preserving the core reaction. Even if what 83 said was accurate, an uptick in support for a guy who's actively making it harder for their families to enter America (note: even legally, since they're also cracking down on political refugees seeking asylum) just because they find him more agreeable on social issues has no other discernible explanation.

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/01/polit...rea/index.html

So... I think this is the third time that Trump has taken an authoritarian ruler's word at face value when it concerns crimes against the United States.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

1) Oh noo.... sound blasts are gonna murder us.. ahh! (Funny though, Cuba has denied having such weapons but if Russia prove they exist then Cuba was testing them on US diplomats and ooh.. shit :D )
        2) He has threaten before and nothing became of it. Remember Syria?
        3) India and Pakistan does not have that many nukes and don't really have the technology to reach the US. I even doubt they could reach in space and this is without googling. Plus THAAD.
        4) France has more nukes than India and Pakistan combined.
        5) I'd be willing to bet you Israel has more advance military technology than both of them and I haven't even googled it yet.

So worried? Nope. Not at all. The US won't bother getting involved with Venezuela, not if Trump wants to win his next election. Maduro is gonna have to do some crazy shit like kill his own people and other political leaders aka do a coup on his own government. Then there really is no reason for the US to send troops. All we hear right now is pressure mounting to get him to step down or do a new election.

Also if you are so gosh darn worried about senators and things Trump says about Venzuela, then why don't you join others in rally against these knuckleheads.
        Nothing you said really has to do with what I posted.
        1.) Super sonic weapons as in the faster than sound nuked tipped missiles Russia has now pointed towards us. Which none of our antimissiles weapons can stop.
        2.) Because the USA stopped. They didn't invade like they did in Iraq because Russia was present there.
        3.) India and Pakistan want to blow themselves up, not the USA.
        4.) Not the point.
        5.) Not the point.

The USA is already involved in Venezuela.
        How can he do a coup in his government of he's the president, lol.

Join who? Lol. No one in the USA really cares about Venezuela. The ones that "care" only care about pretending they care and want to overthrow Maduro.

As for the video, ignore all of it if you want. However you can't ignore the guy that was send by human rights to investigate what really is going on in Venezuela.

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/2019/03/01/polit...rea/index.html

So... I think this is the third time that Trump has taken an authoritarian ruler's word at face value when it concerns crimes against the United States.
          I mean would you rather Trump start a war with North Korea because some idiot decided to go there?

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

I mean would you rather Trump start a war with North Korea because some idiot decided to go there?
            Yeah, actually.

Comment

Yeah, actually.
              I suppose this is a second time I'll disagree with you, especially when we're so close to seeing an end to the stalemate. I'd rather leave a few out to dry than potentially lose thousands of lives in the retaliation.

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

I suppose this is a second time I'll disagree with you, especially when we're so close to seeing an end to the stalemate. I'd rather leave a few out to dry than potentially lose thousands of lives in the retaliation.
                That was just a stupid reply for a stupid question. Obviously, I don't actually want to go to war. But I would like Trump to show a little backbone instead of just letting every dictator on the planet shove their cocks right up his ass with no protest.

It would have been preferable he not say anything at all on the subject instead of passing along and giving credibility to an obvious lie from Kim.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                  To be fair, it's easy to want to stuff yourself into the "third category" when the other two immensely suck...
                  Like I told you a few years ago, you self-described "centrists" are the worst ones of all. Not only is it entirely possible for you and your ilk to tout an iniquitous combination of the absolute worst viewpoints of both "sides," you're plagued by indecision. Talk about timorous. "Agnostics" are the same breed of creature, but I digress.

But hey; if you wanna keep RPing as a right-leaning Hillary Clinton on this tiny little forum, continue to do so by all means. I'll be waiting for you to finally undergo puberty and out yourself as the not-so-proud Republican we all know you to be. Haha.
                  Last edited by Oneiros; March 3rd, 2019, 06:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Oneiros View Post
                    Like I told you a few years ago, you self-described "centrists" are the worst ones of all. Not only is it entirely possible for you and your ilk to tout an iniquitous combination of the absolute worst viewpoints of both "sides," you're plagued by indecision. Talk about timorous. "Agnostics" are the same breed of creature, but I digress.

But hey; if you wanna keep RPing as a right-leaning Hillary Clinton on this tiny little forum, continue to do so by all means. I'll be waiting for you to finally undergo puberty and out yourself as the not-so-proud Republican we all know you to be. Haha.
                    It's just people refusing to stand by any real values and pretending sitting on the fence is making a statement. Or worse, they compromise their values to appeal to the other side. Found this pic months ago but it's pretty accurate for the context.

centristmeme4.png

Comment

Originally posted by Chibz View Post

It's just people refusing to stand by any real values and pretending sitting on the fence is making a statement. Or worse, they compromise their values to appeal to the other side. Found this pic months ago but it's pretty accurate for the context.

centristmeme4.png
                      Yeah, hence the Clinton parallel. She's even more wishy-washy than Romney was. Being power-hungry and soulless tends to result in that.

Pic is accurate; pretending to be "apolitical" is a political statement in and of itself.
                      Last edited by Oneiros; March 3rd, 2019, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Yeah, might as well just go full authoritarian or full anarchy autism, tbh
                        Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                        Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

Absolute freedom >>> the absolute lack thereof, you feckless bottom.
                          The FREEDOM to put a shaft through your eye socket with abandon, for instance.
                          Last edited by Oneiros; March 3rd, 2019, 09:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chibz View Post

centristmeme4.png
                            Screenshot_20190303-084315_Chrome.jpg

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict;n524194
                            Racism is a “major issue” only because some people want it to be.

Comment

Absolute freedom >>> the absolute lack thereof, you feckless bottom.
                              The FREEDOM to put a shaft through your eye socket with abandon, for instance.
                              The state should control people's lives since irresponsible morons like yourself clearly can't do it on their own
                              Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                              Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

That's not the point, you self-absorbed autist. Granted, this also exposed all the foreigners (except presumably 83...?) on this site who had the gall to call us Americans egotistical when they're exactly the same way, but way to live up to the stereotype anyway.
                                700 billion+ in military spending which is more than the rest of the world combined! So my apologizes if my matter-of-fact tone comes off egotistic, but it is just that facts. There is now way us dropping that much cash will not net us vastly superior military technology. We had drones in the air dropping bombs long before you could even buy a drone to fly around in your backyard.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

Nothing you said really has to do with what I posted.
                                  1.) Super sonic weapons as in the faster than sound nuked tipped missiles Russia has now pointed towards us. Which none of our antimissiles weapons can stop.
                                  2.) Because the USA stopped. They didn't invade like they did in Iraq because Russia was present there.
                                  3.) India and Pakistan want to blow themselves up, not the USA.
                                  4.) Not the point.
                                  5.) Not the point.

The USA is already involved in Venezuela.
                                  How can he do a coup in his government of he's the president, lol.

Join who? Lol. No one in the USA really cares about Venezuela. The ones that "care" only care about pretending they care and want to overthrow Maduro.

As for the video, ignore all of it if you want. However you can't ignore the guy that was send by human rights to investigate what really is going on in Venezuela.
                                  1) Ohh.. I thought you were talking about the sonic weapons that was supposedly used on diplomats in Cuba. Either way we have THAAD for those missiles.
                                  2) Because Trump sent his message. He dropped on bombs on Syria's air base and felt happy with it. Thank god that's all he did.
                                  3) Uh huh... but you bitch about it like it is going to threaten the rest of the world, which it isn't and I doubt they could even wipe each other off the map.

Not really. Sanctions is not getting involved in Venezuela.

Maduro has part of his government disagreeing with the legitimacy of his presidency. It is one thing for a random loser of a political race to claim they are the new president. It is another when a branch of government pushes forth this guy as the new president. So him doing a coup would mean he takes out political leaders that oppose him and hold government jobs.

Comment

Like I told you a few years ago, you self-described "centrists" are the worst ones of all.
                                    Honestly, I don’t even care what political spectrum I lie on any more in the directional right-left sense. Left? Right? Center?

I don’t care.

It’s a terrible metric, that takes every position and arbitrarily stuffs it into some sort of arbitrary direction, and then some assholes desperately try to make you join “their side.”

Now I go by individual cases and whatever principles I hold irrespective of some left-right dichotomy everyone wants to lump shit into...because I do have them, and they do inform specific positions.
                                    Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 3rd, 2019, 12:30 PM.

Comment

• Oneiros
                                      Oneiros commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      That's progress.

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

The state should control people's lives since irresponsible morons like yourself clearly can't do it on their own
                                    This, but unironically. Giving people rights was a mistake tbqh.

Comment

That was just a stupid reply for a stupid question. Obviously, I don't actually want to go to war. But I would like Trump to show a little backbone instead of just letting every dictator on the planet shove their cocks right up his ass with no protest.

It would have been preferable he not say anything at all on the subject instead of passing along and giving credibility to an obvious lie from Kim.
                                      Not saying anything would be seen as more cowardly than agreeing with him. And if he not said anything they would bring the question up until he did. Either way someone would be pissed this way however we have a chance for peace.

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

1) Ohh.. I thought you were talking about the sonic weapons that was supposedly used on diplomats in Cuba. Either way we have THAAD for those missiles.
                                      2) Because Trump sent his message. He dropped on bombs on Syria's air base and felt happy with it. Thank god that's all he did.
                                      3) Uh huh... but you bitch about it like it is going to threaten the rest of the world, which it isn't and I doubt they could even wipe each other off the map.

Not really. Sanctions is not getting involved in Venezuela.

Maduro has part of his government disagreeing with the legitimacy of his presidency. It is one thing for a random loser of a political race to claim they are the new president. It is another when a branch of government pushes forth this guy as the new president. So him doing a coup would mean he takes out political leaders that oppose him and hold government jobs.
                                      1. It's like, you like me proving you wrong. "While a ballistic flight path is relatively predictable, an HGV flies a completely unpredictable path, with the energy to aggressively maneuver throughout flight. This renders point-defense systems, such as Patriot and THAAD, ineffective." https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill...-weapons%3famp
                                      2. He dropped bombs and didn't invade. Yeah. He hasn't invaded because Putin backs Assad.
                                      3. It's a nuclear crisis, you idiot. Even if they don't wipe each other out, which is not even the point, the repercussions would be bad for the entire planet.
                                      Sanctions is directly getting involved with a country. You don't need boots on ground. How dumb are you.

He is the legitimate president of Venezuela it doesn't matter if some people in a different party don't agree.

Comment

Originally posted by DokTOR. View Post

"Mah, freedom of speech"

Comment

Working...
                                        X