Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T5 Official Discussion: The Trump Presidency

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Raniero View Post

    I don't mind Bernie, but he's too old.
    This is a common complaint I see, but I don't actually get why it's a complaint. Are you scared he's going to kill over while in office? Because he's legitimately in better health than I am and I'm less than half his age.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Cid View Post

      This is a common complaint I see, but I don't actually get why it's a complaint. Are you scared he's going to kill over while in office?
      Because with age comes impaired judgement and decrease endurance. The presidency is a stressful job and it's fair to question if he has the stamina for it

      Because he's legitimately in better health than I am and I'm less than half his age.
      Well, yes, Cid, being morbidly obese does that to a person

      Comment


        Originally posted by Raniero View Post
        Because with age comes impaired judgement and decrease endurance. The presidency is a stressful job and it's fair to question if he has the stamina for it
        This is the guy that outran somebody 15 years younger in the last election cycle and walks to his DC office from home every day. He's more physically fit than Clinton was, yet he still got the "he's too old" stuff thrown at him. It's weird.

        Originally posted by Raniero View Post
        Well, yes, Cid, being morbidly obese does that to a person
        Yet I'm in better shape than Trump. lol
        Last edited by Cid; February 19th, 2019, 06:53 PM.

        Comment


          Originally posted by Cid View Post

          This is the guy that outran somebody 15 years younger in the last election cycle and walks to his DC office from home every day. He's more physically fit than Clinton was, yet he still got the "he's too old" stuff thrown at him. It's weird.
          Well I hope you're right. Like I said, I don't mind Bernie. He's a good guy, genuinely wants what's best for Americans, and he's not a lobbyist puppet either

          Yet I'm in better shape than Trump. lol
          I still hope everyday that he'll finally keel over from the fast food garbage he eats every day over that nice white house food

          Comment


            Even *if* Sanders were to die while in office, it would be a great victory depending on whomever his running mate was. Alternatively, Trump being toppled by a Biden or a Romney would just revive and permanently solidify the status quo. A status quo that Sanders (and even Trump, believe it or not) barely managed to overturn. While Trump embodies everything wrong with politics in one exceptionally unsavory package, he (inadvertently) airs his dirty laundry in front of the unwashed masses, which no other politician to date has done (and that is why they all, GOP included, hate him so damn much; the bumbling fool unwittingly exposes unpleasant truths about our sorry state of affairs).
            Last edited by Oneiros; February 20th, 2019, 10:01 AM. Reason: ..

            Comment


              Wonder if I should go ahead and make a "2020 Presidential Election Cycle" topic to discuss all the non-Trump stuff in since there's bound to be a lot happening over the next year.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Cid View Post
                Apparently, Bernie Sanders' campaign raised over a million dollars in less than four hours after he declared he was running. That was six hours ago. I wonder if he's broken past that $1.5 million record yet?
                https://www.apnews.com/008636d69c8447059dc27a81f416d2d3

                Update on this. 10 hours after announcing and the Bernie Sanders campaign is reporting that they've raised $3.3 million from 120,000 donors.

                For comparison, Kamala Harris held the previous record for day 1 fundraising. $1.5 million from 38,000 donors within 24 hours of announcing. So Bernie has more than doubled that number in less than half the time. Current estimates are that he could very well break $5 million within 24 hours. I imagine that this probably strikes a lot of fear into his opposition.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Cid View Post
                  Wonder if I should go ahead and make a "2020 Presidential Election Cycle" topic to discuss all the non-Trump stuff in since there's bound to be a lot happening over the next year.
                  Absolutely!

                  Even if we -- God forbid -- ultimately shan't be so fortunate as to be graced with President Sanders, we can at least put this rare nightmare behind us.

                  (Oh, and having threads, especially stuck general discussion ones, remain on-topic is judicious. )

                  Comment


                  • Cid
                    Cid commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'll get right on that in a bit, then.

                  Originally posted by Bender Bending Rodriguez View Post

                  I honestly don't have a clue what you are talking about my brother , I m not trying to ignore you . I just don't understand what are you trying to say.
                  You've been on and off bitching about the left wing media and all the crazy things they say, do, promote, etc etc.

                  Give me a list of things the right leaning media has equally fucked up on. I don't know how to make it any clearer.

                  Comment


                    https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.77eb4e375f88

                    Trump - "Giving Iran access to nuclear energy is bad."

                    Also Trump - "I want to give Saudi Arabia access to nuclear energy"

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Cid View Post
                      https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.77eb4e375f88

                      Trump - "Giving Iran access to nuclear energy is bad."

                      Also Trump - "I want to give Saudi Arabia access to nuclear energy"
                      At least he is half right. Until KSA runs out of oil, I doubt we see a shift from helping them.

                      Comment


                        Can't wait to hear people's excuses for this move.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
                          Can't wait to hear people's excuses for this move.

                          can i ask you a question
                          Tab for a cause: http://tab.gladly.io/?r=11370382

                          Comment




                            Fun video of Tucker Carlson getting destroyed by some historian.

                            Comment


                            • Kajin_Style
                              Kajin_Style commented
                              Editing a comment
                              god damn that was beautiful to watch.

                            Really hoping Sanders and Warren team up

                            Comment







                              And y'all motherfuckers doubted the resolve and efficiency of this man. You called the wall a meme, this man has ended the wars in the Middle East, he is fighting for LBTQ rights in the third world, and ended racism (Smolett literally had to pay to get discriminated against), exposed the fake MSM to the people, and now the wall is getting up protecting you and your kids from cartels and taco shell benders.

                              All his promises have been fulfilled. Even the Founding Fathers had this much big dick energy.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Timeless Writer View Post
                                You called the wall a meme
                                It is. lmao

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Timeless Writer View Post





                                  And y'all motherfuckers doubted the resolve and efficiency of this man. You called the wall a meme, this man has ended the wars in the Middle East, he is fighting for LBTQ rights in the third world, and ended racism (Smolett literally had to pay to get discriminated against), exposed the fake MSM to the people, and now the wall is getting up protecting you and your kids from cartels and taco shell benders.

                                  All his promises have been fulfilled. Even the Founding Fathers had this much big dick energy.
                                  can i ask you a question
                                  Tab for a cause: http://tab.gladly.io/?r=11370382

                                  Comment


                                    Originally posted by Timeless Writer View Post





                                    And y'all motherfuckers doubted the resolve and efficiency of this man. You called the wall a meme, this man has ended the wars in the Middle East, he is fighting for LBTQ rights in the third world, and ended racism (Smolett literally had to pay to get discriminated against), exposed the fake MSM to the people, and now the wall is getting up protecting you and your kids from cartels and taco shell benders.

                                    All his promises have been fulfilled. Even the Founding Fathers had this much big dick energy.
                                    Check it out, they already finished the wall last month. I guess we don't have to worry about any immigrants ever again now.

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Timeless Writer View Post





                                      And y'all motherfuckers doubted the resolve and efficiency of this man. You called the wall a meme, this man has ended the wars in the Middle East, he is fighting for LBTQ rights in the third world, and ended racism (Smolett literally had to pay to get discriminated against), exposed the fake MSM to the people, and now the wall is getting up protecting you and your kids from cartels and taco shell benders.

                                      All his promises have been fulfilled. Even the Founding Fathers had this much big dick energy.
                                      The Secure Fence Act of 2006 (Pub.L. 109–367), also labelled H.R. 6061, is an Act of the United States Congress which authorized and partially funded the construction of 700 miles (1,125 km) of physical fence/barriers along the Mexican border. It was signed into law on October 26, 2006, by U.S. President George W. Bush, stating "This bill will help protect the American people. This bill will make our borders more secure. It is an important step toward immigration reform."

                                      https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Secure_Fence_Act_of_2006

                                      ------------------------------

                                      In November, the government announced a $324 million contract for 32 miles of "primary pedestrian replacement wall" in Arizona.

                                      A 20-mile border wall replacement project in Santa Teresa, N.M., was announced in April 2018. The cost is reported to be $73.3 million.

                                      A 6-mile "levee wall system" is set for construction in Texas's Rio Grande Valley beginning in February 2019. It will cost $145 million.

                                      A 14-mile "border wall construction project" along the border in San Diego was announced in June 2018. The project actually will replace an "eight-to-10 foot high scrap metal wall with an 18-to-30 foot bollard-style wall topped off with an anti-climbing plate." The cost will be $147 million.


                                      https://www.npr.org/2018/12/11/67589...-we-build-more



                                      What? What? I can't hear you over all that reconstruction, repairs, replacements being done. Or how Bush already beat Trump to the punch. All Trump really managed was to get 55 more miles added. There's still that other 1200+ miles of border with no wall but ya know what. You can have this one. It is ok. We can move on to more pressing matters like climate change now.

                                      Comment

                                      Working...
                                      X