This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by J peth View Post

The difference being that if the Bernie Base feels cheated for two elections in a row they are going to be greatly encouraged to leave the party all together. Not to mention the ANTIFA types are going to mobilize to counter Trump rallies if Trump rallies outside of election season is anything to go by which will cause a lot of moderates to question the left's antics.

And I'm already seeing massive pushback against Harris and Booker based on their events and ads provided thus far. Biden's not looking much better after his stunt defending rich people as being the solution to the economic problems of modern US rather than being the cause of them.

You're right that Trump has an uphill battle ahead of him and that's why I've consistently said this is the democrat's election to lose rather than his to win. It really doesn't matter what Trump does, those who support him now are going to do so later and those against him now will be against him. The only question is what do the democrats do to not shoot themselves in the foot, and before you say they can't do it.... I think we both know that's not the case.
    I'm fully aware democrats can shoot themself in the foot again. I just don't think it's likely to happen. A big reason the Bernie base felt cheated was because of the superdelegate process where Hillary had a large lead out of the gate thanks to them. The DNC voted in August to minimize the role that superdelegates played by barring them from voting for the nominee unless there's no clear winner. That means the media won't be able to throw those manipulative graphics up that showed a nearly impossible road like they did throughout the 2016 primaries.

I also don't see the ANTIFA types being much of an issue. Trump's own supporters will likely be just as violent as they were in 2016 and of course democrats will continue to disavow any violence caused by the group. Trump and the far-right news will spin it to be the "intolerant left" but that happens now and it isn't really too relevant.

I have yet to see any significant pushback against Booker or Harris outside of the fringe, "Only Bernie" crowd... And as we saw in 2016, that crowd isn't significant enough to swing an election.

But ultimately, we'll just have to see how it goes. I think it's going to be very hard for Democrats to walk out of 2020 without the presidency and a larger majority in the House. They may have a decent shot at the Senate too, if they play their cards right.

Comment

Originally posted by Bender Bending Rodriguez View Post

This post makes me happy . See those kinds of insults are exectly the kinds Trump supporters were getting in 16 when all the "experts" said there was no chance in hell Trump would win . It turned out majority was with him .
      So basically over 50 % of country is uneducated white trash . Classy .

#Trump 2020 #MAGA .
      It makes me sad that people are pro-Trump, not because of anything he is or stands for, but because he makes Dems mad.
      Originally posted by Wade
      Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
        It makes me sad that people are pro-Trump, not because of anything he is or stands for, but because he makes Dems mad.
        It is all they got left when they can't argue on the basis of facts and logic. Honestly, they should get a clue and drop Trump. Find someone else, anyone else. I'd take Mitt Romney at this point.

Comment

Apparently Time Magazine has asked the Trump Organization to take down its fake Time covers featuring Trump. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ers-golf-clubs

Just... just why? This is so retarded.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
            Apparently Time Magazine has asked the Trump Organization to take down its fake Time covers featuring Trump. https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ers-golf-clubs

Just... just why? This is so retarded.
            Especially when he was Time's person of the year in 2016.
            Then again, the article was a little less than flattering. He probably doesn't think that counts.
            Originally posted by Wade
            Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

So this was a solid interview with Chris Christie and I'm honestly surprised at how logical he is with his point of views. I've gain a new (rather small still) respect for the guy. At least he makes sense.

Comment

Christie 2024

Comment

So this was a solid interview with Chris Christie and I'm honestly surprised at how logical he is with his point of views. I've gain a new (rather small still) respect for the guy. At least he makes sense.

Don't let the era of Trump leading the republican party cause you to forget what Chris's brand of republican is capable of.

It was a republican like Chris that led us to most the interventionist wars we're in as well as the war on drugs. Top that off with stagnant wages and a top down based tax code (subsidies, tax breaks, tax cuts, loopholes.... so on so forth). If you watched a sit down interview with Chaney you'd probably think the same. That just means they can make a good sales pitch, that doesn't mean they aren't conning you.

Comment

Bernie Sanders has officially launched his 2020 campaign. He'll likely be, hands down, the favorite to win the nomination if Biden doesn't launch a campaign as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                      the favorite to win the nomination
                      I disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Raniero View Post

I disagree.
                        His biggest declared challenger is Kamala Harris. His social media followers dwarf hers, though. And his name recognition is through the roof. After today we're probably going to see him set a record for campaign fundraising, blasting through Harris' 1.5 million in 24 hours. He's definitely going to be the biggest contender in the democratic primaries.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                          Lol . I and most of his supporters stand with him because he puts country & citizens first as a true leader should . Making Dems mad is a bonus.
                          yall might not want to believe it but that's the truth.

Cid , it's on Cid . Comrade Bernie is running 2020 , let's see if he will crush Trump as you predicted or if y'all will have another sad election night.

Comment

I and most of his supporters stand with him because he falsely claims that he puts country & citizens first and we can't tell that it's all a big lie
                            Fixed that for you mate.

Cid , it's on Cid . Comrade Bernie is running 2020 , let's see if he will crush Trump as you predicted or if y'all will have another sad election night.
                            If Bernie wins the nomination, it's basically impossible for him to lose.

Comment

Some of the lefts fresh faces are hurting the party especially AOC (so dumb) .

​​​​​The media is hurting the party with their rush coverage of fake racist outburst news . 2 within a month . People like this jussie what's his face are fucked up do the fucked up thing , Dems leaders jump on it trying to score identity politic points end up hurting themselves .

Lot of black people I personally talk to have started to warm up to Trump , considering I am in New York that is amazing .

Comment

Fixed that for you mate.
                                Whatever helps you sleep at night .

If Bernie wins the nomination, it's basically impossible for him to lose.
                                We shall see. Oh we shall see.

Comment

Whatever helps you sleep at night .
                                  Did I ask you to name some good things he's done for the citizens of the US and you couldn't come up with any? You're free to try again, if you want.

Comment

Bernie Sanders has officially launched his 2020 campaign. He'll likely be, hands down, the favorite to win the nomination if Biden doesn't launch a campaign as well.
                                    So, we now have the biggest two populists probably going head-to-head for the bid. And if Trump v. Bernie doesn't happen, we'll know who fucked the Bern over.

Donald Trump has a substantial chance of losing now, TBH, so if the Dems (somehow) lose this time they'll have absolutely no excuses.

Even Tucker Carlson isn't really on the Trump train (he commented that Trump "isn't capable" and "hasn't kept his promises" once the Dems took back the house, I believe), so this says something about Trump's success rate.

He hasn't kept most of his promises. He's done some things to appease his base (how he dealt with the Iran Deal), and gotten some things passed (bipartisan prison reform bill), but not really put in a whole lot of anything else (he's getting walled when it comes to his wall, lol). Unless you count the Tweets. Then I guess he has...

So he has to get shit done with a Dem controlled house to make up for lost time (probably not happening), or convince the people that somehow he's really gonna win it big in '20-'24 this time (since the first probably isn't happening, and he didn't get things done with Republicans...), while dealing with a candidate base that doesn't involve Hillary (who's history is shit on top of being a wet rag).

Things aren't really lookin' good for him.

Comment

The media is hurting the party with their rush coverage of fake racist outburst news . 2 within a month . People like this jussie what's his face are fucked up do the fucked up thing , Dems leaders jump on it trying to score identity politic points end up hurting themselves.
                                      Yeah, that typical bullshit doesn't float with most people, and that's also a part of the Dems I wished they hadn't gotten worse on (besides her truancy laws, Kamila Harris outright defended identity politics, and the rest of them aren't a whole lot better).

Thankfully, Bernie isn't really concerned with most of that (outside of like 1 or 2 instances where he called Trump some things, but all the rest is focused on his policies), so that won't be weighing him down.

Comment

Did I ask you to name some good things he's done for the citizens of the US and you couldn't come up with any? You're free to try again, if you want.
                                        Just few , all benificial to USA and it's citizens

Economy is doing good .
                                        Creating jobs .Unemployment down , record time low( especially for black Americans )
                                        Fights for border safety for his country and citizens even thou party that was for all those things during Obama oppose him to no end without any consideration for American people.
                                        Bringing back the troops .

None of this seem good ?

All of this are facts.
                                        ​​​​

Which was already posted before.

Can you specify what do you hate about him ? Do you not agree with anything he does or says ? What has he done that's bad for you or fellow Americans ?
                                        ​​​​was it grab her by the pussy comment ?

​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Yeah, that typical bullshit doesn't float with most people, and that's also a part of the Dems I wished they hadn't gotten worse on (besides her truancy laws, Kamila Harris outright defended identity politics, and the rest of them aren't a whole lot better).

Thankfully, Bernie isn't really concerned with most of that (outside of like 1 or 2 instances where he called Trump some things, but all the rest is focused on his policies), so that won't be weighing him down.

thats why I consider Bernie the only true challenge fro Trump . Even thou he is an extremist Commie he is very smart and has the most millennials locked down .

Comment

Working...
                                          X