Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T5 Official Discussion: The Trump Presidency

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

    Come on now, some news anchors being in awe of a military display doesn't mean they outright support intervention. They are just starting at something shiny.

    I could ppoint you to outlets I suspect are against military intervention, however none will have a direct list of things they are for or against politically for obvious reasons. Vox is one that comes to mind right away though.

    As for intervention itself, in general news outlets have been against it. We don't want another war so any talk of intervention is met with steep skepticism. There's been a big praise and push about getting our troops out of the Middle East. Why would any of them want us to jump straight into another war with Venezuela? It just doesn't make sense.
    I don't know if you were paying attention during the Iraq war period when the news would praise anyone who was for it and denounce those against it. But they also are for the war in Yemen and the war in Afghanistan.

    CNN, MSNBC, FOX, ABC... none of these outlets have ever protested to starting an intervention. They only report against wars after we've been occupying for a decent amount of time and the american people are obviously upset about it for the sake of ratings. The fact of the matter is that most wealthy people see the PMIC as a boon to the american economy and intervention as a economic gain long term. They don't care about human lives, they don't care about sovereignty or international law, they care about corporate profits as they themselves are corporations and as such benefit when the stock market is on a high point.

    Comment


      Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

      Apparently, it wasn't (all of it), because I'm hearing that there was something like 70+ percent approval over that speech, and Trump just pissed people off with his wall shit.

      I know that he at least addressed the abortion issue as of late (New York passed a bill apparently allowing abortions up to dilation for basically the same reasons that I opposed Virginia's bill...I remember a clip of the bill proponent saying so for NY, but Virginia's thankfully tanked), so it wasn't all wall stuff.

      Haven't fully checked the bit on approval ratings. EDIT: Checked and did a search, various news articles seem to confirm the approval rating.

      Might've been a lot of Republican voters, as I don't imagine Democrat ones getting behind Trump over anything, lol. They're "The Resistance" after all.

      Upon reading this, there were twice as many Republican respondents, with the rest being Dems (half as large), and the remaining being independent. 24 percent were Democrats, 30 percent were independent, and the rest were basically all Republicans. So a substantial amount of the approval came from self-identified independents.
      Was looking at some fact-checking stuff earlier, and it seems like Trump misrepresented nearly everything he said. Which is typical Trump.

      As for this whole abortion discussion, you can't trust a conservative's word on abortion. They almost always lie or misrepresent the facts.

      There's nothing wrong with allowing late-term abortions in severe cases. In fact, they're already allowed under extenuating circumstances, these laws are really just giving legal wording. Less than 1% of abortions are done in the late term, that statistic isn't going to change. Late term abortions of dangerous, difficult, and taxing both mentally and physically. No woman is ever going to carry a child to term and decide on a whim to abort the pregnancy. That's the dumbest scare tactic I've ever heard, honestly.

      Anyone that believes the republican propaganda should feel bad.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Bender Bending Rodriguez View Post

        https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx5QKTY-3MY

        Only 30 seconds long . please watch and then tell me exactly what I or Trump took out of context . since according to you people like me can't think on our own and need our orange hero to tell us what we should think .

        Please I am waiting . I don't want to be mislead by biggot wall loving Trump.
        How about you go back and re-watch what trump said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uix9P6rivQo

        "Ripped from the mother's womb, moments from birth."

        So as I said..exaggerated...!

        Comment


          Originally posted by Bender Bending Rodriguez View Post
          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cVuuzTJBE5Y&t=46s


          https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=12e6uKM8iZQ

          Another couple of quick vids that might open some eyes about hypocrisy that is in our nation today .

          Where were all the open border loving people then ?

          Hey but what do I know ...??? I am just a sexist biggot racist homophobic Trump supporting deplorable who also believes in God.
          Hey you said it not me.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Cid View Post

            Was looking at some fact-checking stuff earlier, and it seems like Trump misrepresented nearly everything he said. Which is typical Trump.
            Honestly, those addresses are kind of boring anyway, don’t really watch them (and too much clapping in the middle of the speech).

            As for this whole abortion discussion, you can't trust a conservative's word on abortion. They almost always lie or misrepresent the facts.
            Unless it’s Wade and other similar crack pits, I’ll listen to what they say on the matter and see if I think it has merit.

            There's nothing wrong with allowing late-term abortions in severe cases.
            This is already settled among me and Orgy.

            The real question is do the bills of contention allow late-term abortions-given their wording-in non-severe cases? Given what they say, that seems technically possible.

            Comment


              This site is the best argument FOR late term abortion

              Comment


                Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                The real question is do the bills of contention allow late-term abortions-given their wording-in non-severe cases? Given what they say, that seems technically possible.
                Well, it's kind of like truancy laws. Is it technically possible that they can be abused? Sure. Is it likely that they will? Not at all.

                As I said, no sane woman is going to go through a late term abortion for the hell of it. There's too much of a risk and in 99.9% of the cases, women are pretty sure they want a child by that point. The republican propaganda that these laws will open the door for women to get pregnant and murder their babies at 39 weeks because they got mad over getting fat is silly. And it's precisely why our founding fathers wanted a separation of church and state. Christian fanatics are scum and have no place in politics.

                Comment


                • Kajin_Style
                  Kajin_Style commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "Christian fanatics are scum and have no place in politics. " <-- 110% agree with that.

                Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

                The real question is do the bills of contention allow late-term abortions-given their wording-in non-severe cases? Given what they say, that seems technically possible.
                Does it matter? If the complications were say cerebral palsy or down syndrome does it matter that these might no be severe enough? Having to raise a child with a disability, a life long crippling disability should be up to the parent to decide if they want to go through with that commitment or not. You may say it is wrong but who are we to impose a burden like that to someone?

                Who are we to say --
                "You had sex, you got knocked up, now you gotta raise the kid, no matter what."
                "Oh sorry you got raped and just now realized you are pregnant? Sorry lady, you gotta raise the kid now."
                "I care not if you have to pay for that child's medical bills for the rest of your life. You got knocked up, you gotta deal with it."

                Sorry what? How is any of that fair?

                If Republicans have such a bleeding heart for children. Why did they hate Planned Parenthood? Oh right, the few cases of abortions. Gotcha. So make a better one. Make a Trump's Parenthood; The All American Christian Parenthood; do something instead of tearing everything down. Push money towards adoption agencies, orphanages, supporting poor mothers who can't take time off of work to have child, etc etc etc.


                Comment


                  Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

                  How about you go back and re-watch what trump said: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uix9P6rivQo

                  "Ripped from the mother's womb, moments from birth."




                  So as I said..exaggerated...!

                  Yes , just like during the bill hearing in below video . it's clearly Trump there .

                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t0kC1B__CJ4

                  Comment


                    ripped from the womb is like the best name for a grindcore band

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

                      Does it matter? If the complications were say cerebral palsy or down syndrome does it matter that these might no be severe enough? Having to raise a child with a disability, a life long crippling disability should be up to the parent to decide if they want to go through with that commitment or not. You may say it is wrong but who are we to impose a burden like that to someone?

                      Who are we to say --
                      "You had sex, you got knocked up, now you gotta raise the kid, no matter what."
                      "Oh sorry you got raped and just now realized you are pregnant? Sorry lady, you gotta raise the kid now."
                      "I care not if you have to pay for that child's medical bills for the rest of your life. You got knocked up, you gotta deal with it."

                      Sorry what? How is any of that fair?

                      If Republicans have such a bleeding heart for children. Why did they hate Planned Parenthood? Oh right, the few cases of abortions. Gotcha. So make a better one. Make a Trump's Parenthood; The All American Christian Parenthood; do something instead of tearing everything down. Push money towards adoption agencies, orphanages, supporting poor mothers who can't take time off of work to have child, etc etc etc.

                      Does ANYONE-not on the fringes-believe that? Lol.

                      This kind of projection is just as fucking ridiculous as “YOU SADISTIC BABY KILLERS,” and it’s just as ridiculously common.

                      And you can put the kid up for adoption, why not?

                      Getting someone aborted because of Down syndrome or other mental disorders does not appeal to me because “burdens.”

                      And what about the question of “Who are we to kill this kid, and rob ‘em of their future?”

                      This never seems to get considered when any complication towards the mom is considered (except by those Christian fanatics, only they could dare ask such a question...!), but it’s just as important as the situation of the mother and/or family.

                      I don’t believe mental complications should instantly rob someone of their future.
                      Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; February 6th, 2019, 05:42 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #83.6666666667
                        #83.6666666667 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        "I don’t believe mental complications should instantly rob someone of their future." Apparently, neither did your parents.

                      Originally posted by Bender Bending Rodriguez View Post

                      Yes , just like during the bill hearing in below video . it's clearly Trump there .

                      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t0kC1B__CJ4
                      Mmhmm.... take his question in full context now.

                      "Can a doctor perform an abortion if he indicated it would impair the mental health of a woman... at the moment of birth?"

                      She said: "yes"

                      Because technically speaking, the bill's language is loose enough to allow it to happen. Now for the practical sense.

                      Please paint to me in what scenario would a doctor believe he must abort a baby instead of doing a C-section or just.. ya know.. doing the delivering because at that moment; the very moment she is screaming in pain from contractions he realizes her mental health is going to be impaired.

                      I would really like to see how this impossible scenario can come to be. I would honestly like to hear what mental health impairment the doctor believes is happening or the mother claims is happening at that late of a stage which would convinced a doctor --"Yup, fetus has got to die!"

                      Comment


                        Whenever a conservative claims that abortions rip babies from the birth canal, remember that less than 1% of abortions in the US are performed after a pregnancy becomes (technically) viable.

                        Conservatives hate numbers. They're like poison to them.

                        Comment


                        • DokTOR.
                          DokTOR. commented
                          Editing a comment
                          1% too much

                        Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

                        Does ANYONE-not on the fringes-believe that? Lol.
                        hardcore christians


                        Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                        And you can put the kid up for adoption, why not?
                        Sure but who's paying for it?

                        Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                        Getting someone aborted because of Down syndrome or other mental disorders does not appeal to me because “burdens.”
                        So the lady gives birth to a child with down syndrome (where mentally they are stuck as an 9 year old for life) and puts the child up for adoption. Who pays for it again?


                        Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                        And what about the question of “Who are we to kill this kid, and rob ‘em of their future?”

                        This never seems to get considered when any complication towards the mom is considered (except by those Christian fanatics, only they could dare ask such a question...!), but it’s just as important as the situation of the mother and/or family.
                        Natural selection would've ended them anyway but sure sure.. let's put this child on the government's pay check.

                        Aww... ain't that nice.. we saved a life.

                        18 years later....

                        "Sorry kid, America repealed Obamacare and you need to get a job if you want healthcare."


                        Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                        I don’t believe mental complications should instantly rob someone of their future.
                        What future would a child who will be disabled and living on disability for the rest of their life have? Have you met any disabled children? Or disabled grown adults? Ones who have been like that from birth, not those who became disabled later in life. They can't have the same dreams as we can because they literally, physically or mentally can't do it. They can't seek out the same lives as us to be free and independent. They can't pursue many of the careers or lifestyles we have. They live a shallow life, watching others having a great time. Sure, some are happy to be alive regardless but many times more deal with challenges on a daily basis.

                        But you know what fine, look past all that and say they still deserve the right to live but you damn well better be supporting Obamacare just as strongly because these disabled babies will become disabled adults.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

                          hardcore christians
                          Because you’ve seen them, or because someone told you that’s what they think?




                          Sure but who's paying for it?



                          So the lady gives birth to a child with down syndrome (where mentally they are stuck as an 9 year old for life) and puts the child up for adoption. Who pays for it again?




                          Natural selection would've ended them anyway but sure sure.. let's put this child on the government's pay check.

                          Aww... ain't that nice.. we saved a life.

                          18 years later....

                          "Sorry kid, America repealed Obamacare and you need to get a job if you want healthcare."




                          What future would a child who will be disabled and living on disability for the rest of their life have? Have you met any disabled children? Or disabled grown adults? Ones who have been like that from birth, not those who became disabled later in life. They can't have the same dreams as we can because they literally, physically or mentally can't do it. They can't seek out the same lives as us to be free and independent. They can't pursue many of the careers or lifestyles we have. They live a shallow life, watching others having a great time. Sure, some are happy to be alive regardless but many times more deal with challenges on a daily basis.

                          But you know what fine, look past all that and say they still deserve the right to live but you damn well better be supporting Obamacare just as strongly because these disabled babies will become disabled adults.
                          “Let’s kill ‘em, they’re just a burden on society.”

                          Lol.

                          This is the same logic the Nazis (and even the US) used for Eugenics programs...
                          Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; February 6th, 2019, 06:09 PM.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

                            Mmhmm.... take his question in full context now.

                            "Can a doctor perform an abortion if he indicated it would impair the mental health of a woman... at the moment of birth?"

                            She said: "yes"

                            Because technically speaking, the bill's language is loose enough to allow it to happen. Now for the practical sense.

                            Please paint to me in what scenario would a doctor believe he must abort a baby instead of doing a C-section or just.. ya know.. doing the delivering because at that moment; the very moment she is screaming in pain from contractions he realizes her mental health is going to be impaired.

                            I would really like to see how this impossible scenario can come to be. I would honestly like to hear what mental health impairment the doctor believes is happening or the mother claims is happening at that late of a stage which would convinced a doctor --"Yup, fetus has got to die!"
                            Are you really that ignorant ??? Seriously ?

                            On top of it Northams claim which u either didn't watch or just ignored it , he clearly said that baby would be delivered then doctors and mother would have a discussion weather to keep it or not . which is just sickening .

                            Are you okay with that ??

                            Also , obviously Trump wasn't wrong when he said what he said about the issue since he basically qouted those two .

                            Comment


                              imagine defending infanticide
                              Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
                              Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

                              Comment


                              • Kajin_Style
                                Kajin_Style commented
                                Editing a comment
                                Imagine becoming Fake News.

                              Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

                              Because you’ve seen them, or because someone told you that’s what they think?
                              Because I grew up with them.



                              Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

                              “Let’s kill ‘em, they’re just a burden on society.”

                              Lol.

                              This is the same logic the Nazis (and even the US) used for Eugenics programs...
                              Did I say to outright kill them all? Or are you just taking me out of context like some Fake News site?

                              This should be up to the mother and doctor to decide. That's what I'm pushing for. If she wishes to have the child and put them up for adoption so be it. If she wishes to have an abortion so be it. I will not advocate forcing her hand to keep the child for some self delusion I am saving a life and making the world a better place because of it.

                              Comment


                                Imagine being Kaijin.
                                Getting fucking outraged whenever cheetosman does as much as taking a breath, but at the same time using arguments like "natural selection".
                                Originally posted by #83.6666666667;n457918

                                That 1/3 is more than ~5% you idiot, but less than 2/3. That makes it most of the population but less than the greatest amount.

                                Comment


                                  Originally posted by Bender Bending Rodriguez View Post

                                  Are you really that ignorant ??? Seriously ?

                                  On top of it Northams claim which u either didn't watch or just ignored it , he clearly said that baby would be delivered then doctors and mother would have a discussion weather to keep it or not . which is just sickening .

                                  Are you okay with that ??
                                  Yes. I am ok with that cause the doctor could put it up for adoption. I don't see the problem.

                                  Comment

                                  Working...
                                  X