X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

Not relevant.

Trillions of dollars, and only roughly 20 billion that's gonna be expended on it in this year (5 bill and an extra 15 or so billion Trump wants after).

Again. Not all that large compared to a couple Trill. But if you REALLY care about the price Americans pay...

Let's see.

300 million plus citizens, assuming it's only 150 million whose tax money gets diverted to a wall (in 2015, 141 mill gave their tax returns), that's roughly...130 bucks per person.

Maybe 200 per person diverted to the wall in just this year.

Well, compared to the money diverted to meddling with foreign countries, I'd say that's an improvement in the use of America's taxes, lol.
    It's very relevant. You can't speak of our money, when you haven't contributed .

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post
      It's very rel-
      Sure thing. :]

Comment

Sure thing. :]
        Get a job then you'll have a say.

Comment

Well, this is a forum.

And Cid’s not gonna ban me for not having a job.

So I’ll say what I want. ^_^

Comment

What do you do for a living?
            Originally posted by Kajin_Style ;n513566
            Why should I even give a damn that some faggot is being stoned to death in another country?

Comment

• #83.6666666667
              #83.6666666667 commented
              Editing a comment
              I pleasure your mother.

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
            I'm with RCA on this one. Whether the wall gets made out of actual racist intentions or for the sake of fearmongering, it's ultimately just going to be a spectacular waste of time and money.
            There's also the matter of what it does to the US' reputation in the global community.

Though in all fairness, Trump has already ran that so far into the ground that I doubt the wall could do much more harm.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

There's also the matter of what it does to the US' reputation in the global community.

Though in all fairness, Trump has already ran that so far into the ground that I doubt the wall could do much more harm.
              Yeah, that was kinda gonna be my next point, lol

Comment

• Cid
                Cid commented
                Editing a comment
                #MAGA...

Honestly at this point it would be a good idea if the democrats were to let him go ahead with it and then use it as a weapon against the republicans later down the road. But they'd have to make sure to position themselves in a way that they are surrendering on behalf of the american people and that they are against the wall, then go on to point out every flaw in the wall and all the problems that will come of it. Without a doubt it will not work as intended and thus will be a waste of money that was pushed by the "party of fiscal responsibility"

It's all about giving enough rope.

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

Honestly at this point it would be a good idea if the democrats were to let him go ahead with it and then use it as a weapon against the republicans later down the road. But they'd have to make sure to position themselves in a way that they are surrendering on behalf of the american people and that they are against the wall, then go on to point out every flaw in the wall and all the problems that will come of it. Without a doubt it will not work as intended and thus will be a waste of money that was pushed by the "party of fiscal responsibility"

And with the government shutdown, with most of the Republican voter base saying "Democrats can end all this"... that wouldn't be a hard position to sell.

Comment

^Basically what I was thinking in less words.

Sometimes a strategic retreat is the best option.

Let the wall be built, and move onto other issues in the mean time (health care, primarily, for me). Oh, and you’ll have ending the shutdown and getting the feds their pay to your cred too.

It’d be perfect leverage against the Republicans later down the road.

What better way to prove the wall’s a failure than to actually hold Republicans to the task of somehow making it work...?

Then you have something to use as proof of Trump’s stupidity in 2020.

With how the Dems like shooting themselves in the foot...they’re gonna need it...
                  Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 11th, 2019, 09:40 PM.

Comment

^Basically what I was thinking in less words.

Let them build the wall, it’d be perfect leverage against the Republicans later down the road.

What better way to prove the wall’s a failure than to actually hold Republicans to the task of somehow making it work...?

Then you have something to use as proof of Trump’s stupidity in 2020.

With how the Dems like shooting themselves in the foot...they’re gonna need it...
                    The wall isn't gonna be there by 2020, but it's a nice hole for the conservatives to dig themselves out of in the future.

Comment

Too much of the game is about working around your enemy’s flaws, seemingly (both Dems and Republicans like selling themselves as a better alternative to the other). If that’s the state of things...might as well play it well.

Comment

You guys are assuming that the wall becoming a massive failure would actually sway anyone that supported it. Democrats have nothing to win by letting it happen. Their constituents already know the wall will fail at what it's trying to do. 60% of the country knows that already. The other 40% will keep blaming Dems for immigration failures long after the wall gets built.

That's how potent political bias is.

If Dems give in, they lose. They lose with the republicans who will continue to be against them and they lose with their own constituents who elected them to fight against conservative agendas.

Comment

Even if Dems caved and gave him the funds the reality is the wall wouldn't been done for another decade or more. Even ignoring the time it would take to build the physical wall the government doesn't own that land. So after they try to cease the land from American citizens they are going to have to fight all those legal cases in court the same way Bush tried to. This really is just for show on Trump's part, even if he wins he knows the wall will never happen.
                        Last edited by EnemyOfDaState; January 12th, 2019, 03:06 AM.

Comment

You guys are assuming that the wall becoming a massive failure would actually sway anyone that supported it. Democrats have nothing to win by letting it happen. Their constituents already know the wall will fail at what it's trying to do. 60% of the country knows that already. The other 40% will keep blaming Dems for immigration failures long after the wall gets built.

That's how potent political bias is.

If Dems give in, they lose. They lose with the republicans who will continue to be against them and they lose with their own constituents who elected them to fight against conservative agendas.
                          the difference is, many of the people who own the land on the boarder are republicans I'd be willing to bet. Furthermore it makes it so that republicans lose any ability of opposing eminent domain laws as they will have to put those into overdrive to get anywhere. Also with the republicans putting political capital and time into making and planning the wall they won't be able to do anything else. And democrats can just cut funding once they have control of the government next cycle and easily direct that funding elsewhere. It's been proven that diverting funds from one project to another is politically easier than trying to fund a project or program from scratch.

Comment

So, stepping away from the (depressing) subject of the wall, Tulsi Gabbard announced that she was making a bid for 2020. I wasn't expecting that.

She'll be joining Delaney and... Some other guy who's name I can't remember.

Comment

So, stepping away from the (depressing) subject of the wall, Tulsi Gabbard announced that she was making a bid for 2020. I wasn't expecting that.

She'll be joining Delaney and... Some other guy who's name I can't remember.
                              both a yay and a nay there.... 2020 is going to be a crowd for the democrats and I get the feeling that corporate powers are going to win the day. they tend to do so during democratic party civil wars.

Comment

both a yay and a nay there.... 2020 is going to be a crowd for the democrats and I get the feeling that corporate powers are going to win the day. they tend to do so during democratic party civil wars.
                                Soooo...what are the chances that they'll drop the ball and fuck it up and we get Trump in 2020? Lol.

Comment

Annnnnddddd it's official.

"Shutdown now longest in history as Congress skips town"

All over a wall...
                                  Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; January 12th, 2019, 03:52 AM.

Comment

Soooo...what are the chances that they'll drop the ball and fuck it up and we get Trump in 2020? Lol.
                                    not as good as you might think/want (I won't judge)

Kasich is toying with the idea of running independent with a democrat to try and see if he can't use a "adult in the room" tactic, though people speculate it's more a spoiler bid to ruin Trump's re-election.

Furthermore Romney might find himself back in as a candidate because corporate media is really pushing him as the anti-Trump republican and he's positioning himself in a way that looks like he could be trying to primary Trump despite it potentially hurting the party as a whole... which is a rare sight to see.

And to top it all off we do have a certain "anti-trump" current of emotions from many sides at this point so I wouldn't be surprised if he loses simply due to people's dislike of him. The only way he wins is if the Democrats put Hillary Clinton up again or they do something equally dumb, like put up Biden.

Comment

Working...
                                    X