Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're all talking about Russia and Trump, but don't see the floor crumbling around you.

Ohio just got boned when, according to Trump, Ohio was not going to lose a single plant. What, some 8,000 people losing their jobs. That's insane. But keep giving them handouts.
    Originally posted by Helly;n542091
    Also, lol @ "I'm busy". You admit you have no life and go to many forums, and in the same post lie about havingLmao. Go work on your fictitious "dream" instead of wasting your time lying to us about how important you are.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post
      You're all talking about Russia and Trump, but don't see the floor crumbling around you.

Ohio just got boned when, according to Trump, Ohio was not going to lose a single plant. What, some 8,000 people losing their jobs. That's insane. But keep giving them handouts.
      That's because everyone in this topic already knew that Trump's economic policy of "tax cuts and tarrifs" would end up destroying the economy. It's old news.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

That's because everyone in this topic already knew that Trump's economic policy of "tax cuts and tarrifs" would end up destroying the economy. It's old news.
        The only people who still think he's good for the economy are the jackoffs that look for things to like about him.
        Originally posted by Wade
        Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

The only people who still think he's good for the economy are the jackoffs that look for things to like about him don't know anything about economics.
          I agree.

Comment

I mean even during the election when I was playing defense for Trump for shits and giggles, the best I could do was say he was appealing to poor people with false hope.

There are no redeeming qualities to what he's stated before and after getting elected when it comes to economics.

Comment

Got to love how Donald is threatening a government shutdown if Dems don't help him get his wall through the House while the Republicans literally still control the House.

Comment

So, word out of the White House is that Trump is growing concerned that he's going to be impeached. Even saw an article written by a conservative pundit saying he's going to be charged with a crime.
                Last edited by Cid; December 13th, 2018, 06:54 PM.

Comment

So, word out of the White House is that Trump is growing concerned that he's going to be impeached.
                  To be fair, he's so good at distorting reality and avoiding culpability for everything that I too would be shocked if it were finally a real possibility, were I in his shoes.

Not that impeachment is particularly likely due to the Republican majority Senate alone, never mind the political climate and all the other factors in his favor.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post
                    Got to love how Donald is threatening a government shutdown if Dems don't help him get his wall through the House while the Republicans literally still control the House.
                    Not only that, he said he would be PROUD to do it.

Like, fuck man. Seriously?
                    Originally posted by Wade
                    Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by P408370R View Post
                      To be fair, he's so good at distorting reality and avoiding culpability for everything that I too would be shocked if it were finally a real possibility, were I in his shoes.

Not that impeachment is particularly likely due to the Republican majority Senate alone, never mind the political climate and all the other factors in his favor.
                      If it's brought to light that he's actually guilty of some quid pro quo with Russia, I don't think the Senate would have a choice but to impeach him, even with the majority lead. If they didn't, the democrats would outright accuse republicans of treason and it'd tear the nation apart. I don't think republicans would be willing to risk it. They'll impeach Trump and try to turn it around as if they were always willing to do the right thing so they can keep their voter base.

Comment

If it's brought to light that he's actually guilty of some quid pro quo with Russia, I don't think the Senate would have a choice but to impeach him, even with the majority lead. If they didn't, the democrats would outright accuse republicans of treason and it'd tear the nation apart. I don't think republicans would be willing to risk it. They'll impeach Trump and try to turn it around as if they were always willing to do the right thing so they can keep their voter base.
                        Impeachment, in general, splits the country and voter bases apart more than simple discourse regarding or support for the possibility, unless there is a clear consensus on the President's guilt for the particular grounds. Not only was this the case with the only two presidents in the country's history who were impeached, Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton, they were impeached but not actually removed from office by the Senate. However, this is currently not the case with President Trump.

At this time, there isn't enough evidence against Trump to make impeachment feasible or politically wise on the part of the soon-to-be Democratic House; but even if there were, it would likely be a disastrous event for many reasons, especially considering the absurd levels of apologism on his part.

I do think indictment is possible when his term is over, however, and indeed probable given the information regarding his guilt we will continue to receive. (Precedent and prior discussions have indicated that, although vice presidents can be indicted while in office, presidents cannot be.)

Comment

Originally posted by P408370R View Post
                          Impeachment, in general, splits the country and voter bases apart more than simple discourse regarding or support for the possibility, unless there is a clear consensus on the President's guilt for the particular grounds. Not only was this the case with the only two presidents in the country's history who were impeached, Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton, they were impeached but not actually removed from office by the Senate. However, this is currently not the case with President Trump.

At this time, there isn't enough evidence against Trump to make impeachment feasible or politically wise on the part of the soon-to-be Democratic House; but even if there were, it would likely be a disastrous event for many reasons, especially considering the absurd levels of apologism on his part.

I do think indictment is possible when his term is over, however, and indeed probable given the information regarding his guilt we will continue to receive. (Precedent and prior discussions have indicated that, although vice presidents can be indicted while in office, presidents cannot be.)
                          I think the implication was the Mueller has some serious dirt on Trump, which is why impeachment was being brought back to the table by pundits. Of course as it goes right now, with what the public knows, impeachment isn't feasible because of the rabid support Trump has from the republican base. He most certainly seems to be guilty of crimes relating to the hush payments, but that's probably not enough to move the House towards impeachment next year. But if Mueller delivers a bombshell that ties Trump directly to Russia's attacks on the US, then that would probably be more than enough to turn even a large portion of the republicans against him.

Comment

Also it's kinda a win-win for Republicans in that regard as they'll have Pence as president and they would honestly rather have him from what I know.

republicans are in an unwilling marriage to trump right now due to his massive support in their base... much like how the dems are having to capitulate to the "berniecrat" demographic of their base.

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

Also it's kinda a win-win for Republicans in that regard as they'll have Pence as president and they would honestly rather have him from what I know.

republicans are in an unwilling marriage to trump right now due to his massive support in their base... much like how the dems are having to capitulate to the "berniecrat" demographic of their base.
                              Yeah, it's no secret that hill republicans all hate Trump with a passion. He manages to screw up everything they try to do because of his loud mouth and unwillingness to listen to counsel. lol

Comment

I think the implication was the Mueller has some serious dirt on Trump, which is why impeachment was being brought back to the table by pundits. Of course as it goes right now, with what the public knows, impeachment isn't feasible because of the rabid support Trump has from the republican base. He most certainly seems to be guilty of crimes relating to the hush payments, but that's probably not enough to move the House towards impeachment next year. But if Mueller delivers a bombshell that ties Trump directly to Russia's attacks on the US, then that would probably be more than enough to turn even a large portion of the republicans against him.
                                This I can agree with.

I'm not looking forward to the possibility of President Pence, but I'm sure that, at the minimum, he wouldn't continue to destroy our country's relations with the rest of the world and to eliminate all of the nation's soft power.

Comment

Part of me wonders though... If Trump sees that he's going to be impeached and indicted... How willing do you think Pence would be to pardon him of his crimes? I read an opinion piece a few days ago that said Trump would be willing to step down, in order to preserve the "faith" in the system in exchange for a pardon from Pence. Feels like a likely scenario, Trump cares much more about himself than he does anything else. I bet he'd try to save his skin. Question would be if Pence would be willing to do it.

Comment

Pence also doesn't care about anyone but himself, so the question is whether he thinks it would be better for his public image and his presidency to pardon Trump.

Given that the Democrats would be displeased to say the least, and the Republicans manifestly dislike Trump (as you two already mentioned), I imagine he wouldn't consider straining relations with the current Executive Branch and the Legislative Branch, as well as diminishing the public's opinion of him, to be worth it. Faith in the system would be better preserved if Trump were not pardoned regardless, and although Pence is rotten to the core, he is intelligent enough to know this.

Comment

So, word out of the White House is that Trump is growing concerned that he's going to be impeached. Even saw an article written by a conservative pundit saying he's going to be charged with a crime.

Comment

You know you done fucked up when you get cucked by Chris Christie

https://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...-of-staff-role

Comment

That Trump offered Christie the job over the objections of Kushner and Ivanka and still got a no is too funny

For those who forget (or didn't know): Chris Christie use to be a prosecutor. Jared Kushner's father war a real estate mogul who went to prison for tax evasion, illegal campaign contributions, and witness tampering / obstruction of justice.

Chris Christie was the guy who put Jared's father in prison

Comment

Working...
                                          X