This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chibz View Post
    Not sure if this is posted here but here is the Chapo take, this shit is funny/sad:
    Well that was a wild ride

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

Well that was a wild ride
      I really wonder what goes through peoples' minds sometimes man. I'm not saying I'm immune to scams, but sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Chibz View Post

I really wonder what goes through peoples' minds sometimes man. I'm not saying I'm immune to scams, but sheesh.
        There's a reason the NPC meme exploded the way it did.

Comment

This man just simply does not give a fuck.

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-mela...intons-1245879

He has the nuclear codes, yes he does.

Comment

I remember bringing this up as a mere hypothetical during the primaries... Y'all having FUN yet?
            Last edited by Oneiros; December 7th, 2018, 12:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post

We just elected seven science-credentialed people to congress, including three engineers. So maybe not.
              Well, we'll just have to see where they take us and if more can get in.

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post

It's kind of a pipe dream to assume that your single vote will make a difference anyway. If you're going to ignore numbers and aim for an ideal, you might as well aim high.
              Its one thing to aim high, and another to delude oneself lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Theory View Post
                Well, we'll just have to see where they take us and if more can get in
                Well, they're all democrats. (People with Ph,Ds tend to be) So that means they're all evil, Satan worshipping, demon-possessed, baby murdering enemies of America.

35% of the country will hate them all.

Comment

Well, they're all democrats. (People with Ph,Ds tend to be) So that means they're all evil, Satan worshipping, demon-possessed, baby murdering enemies of America.

35% of the country will hate them all.
                  That's okay, I hate everyone.

What I meant was, I don't see seven people doing much of anything, and unless we get more educated people in there and stymie what hold the Big everything has on D.C. then it doesn't really matter.

Hell, if we don't break the Oligarchy it doesn't really matter.

Comment

That's okay, I hate everyone.

What I meant was, I don't see seven people doing much of anything, and unless we get more educated people in there and stymie what hold the Big everything has on D.C. then it doesn't really matter.

Hell, if we don't break the Oligarchy it doesn't really matter.
                    Well, vote exclusively for young people, then. The old fucks that run for Congress are all interested in keeping moneyed interests squarely in politics. Young liberals are all trying to run on grassroots fundraising and want actual campaign finance reform.

Comment

Well, vote exclusively for young people, then. The old fucks that run for Congress are all interested in keeping moneyed interests squarely in politics. Young liberals are all trying to run on grassroots fundraising and want actual campaign finance reform.
                      Doesn't matter the platform if money is involved. I doubt, and I hope I'd be wrong, but I doubt young grass roots movers would have the fortitude to turn down the all mighty dollar to vote for this or that.

They'd have to outlaw lobbying. Don't ever see that happening.

Comment

Doesn't matter the platform if money is involved. I doubt, and I hope I'd be wrong, but I doubt young grass roots movers would have the fortitude to turn down the all mighty dollar to vote for this or that.

They'd have to outlaw lobbying. Don't ever see that happening.
                        Grassroots campaigning already gets a good start on keeping them free from corporate interests. The only promises they're making are to the people that vote for them. That means companies, at the very least, don't have leverage over them when they're going into congress.

As for lobbying, there's a handful of liberal groups that are aiming at that too. Though it's not as widespread as those wanting to get a lasso around campaign finance regulations.

Comment

Grassroots campaigning already gets a good start on keeping them free from corporate interests. The only promises they're making are to the people that vote for them. That means companies, at the very least, don't have leverage over them when they're going into congress.

As for lobbying, there's a handful of liberal groups that are aiming at that too. Though it's not as widespread as those wanting to get a lasso around campaign finance regulations.
                          Well, that's good. Unless they have super pacs that financed their campaign. Or contributes that are in their ear.

Looking back through history, politicians that stuck to their grass roots guns die in office.

Comment

Well, that's good. Unless they have super pacs that financed their campaign. Or contributes that are in their ear.

Looking back through history, politicians that stuck to their grass roots guns die in office.
                            Grassroots specifically means they don't take money from super pacs, they don't hold those fundraisers with the billionaires, and stay away from corporate interests. They set up a donation website and allow individual donations from voters. That's how their campaigns are funded in their entirety.

We've got Bernie Sanders to thank for the movement, that's how he funded his run against Hillary and it's been a favorite for young people since.

Comment

Grassroots specifically means they don't take money from super pacs, they don't hold those fundraisers with the billionaires, and stay away from corporate interests. They set up a donation website and allow individual donations from voters. That's how their campaigns are funded in their entirety.

We've got Bernie Sanders to thank for the movement, that's how he funded his run against Hillary and it's been a favorite for young people since.
                              Well, hopefully something will change. That or dead people.

Comment

Except at this point Trump is no more a puppet of Russia than past presidents were puppets of Saudi Arabia.

so your hysterics are noted, but unwarranted. It's the same reason I didn't respond to Kajin's post. Even Mueller is focusing on Trump's financial faults rather than any political dealings with Russia
                                Mueller is still focusing on Russia and has actually began showing more insight into the Russia side of the investigation. The financial stuff seems like it's just been setup for subpoenas.

Comment

Originally posted by -Person- View Post

Mueller is still focusing on Russia and has actually began showing more insight into the Russia side of the investigation. The financial stuff seems like it's just been setup for subpoenas.
                                  It's been the setup for subpoenas because it's the thing we know he's guilty of. You'll never see me once stating that Trump has not broken financial laws and that he doesn't have his own financial interests at heart in most of his economic decisions.

What I do contest is that he had some sort of deal struck up with Putin that Putin/Russia would rig the election in his favor in return for the US removing sanctions on Russia. I don't see anything thus far that shows Trump made a deal of any kind like that, most of what I see just shows he's a gullible moron (such as thinking the Saudis had nothing to do with the assassination of a journalist because "they say they didn't do it") and thus Putin wanted him elected because he'd be a weaker opponent on the world stage.

Now if people were to claim Putin is manipulating Trump, I'd fully agree, but I don't believe with the evidence thus far that Trump made any deal during the election. Especially considering he didn't even think he was going to win up until the day he won.

Comment

but I don't believe with the evidence thus far that Trump made any deal during the election.
                                    So in related news, the shoe just dropped on Michael Cohen.

Some hot takes from the federal prosecutors' filings today.

- Federal prosecutors believe Cohen attempted to criminally influence the 2016 election under direct orders from President Trump.

- Mueller's team sent a referral to federal prosecutors stating that all evidence points to the Moscow Trump Tower dealings having been involved, in some way, with Russia's meddeling in the election.

- In 2015 Cohen personally met with a Russian national that is said to have close ties to Moscow in order to make a deal that would provide "political sysnergy" for the Trump campaign.

Politics is fun.

Comment

So in related news, the shoe just dropped on Michael Cohen.

Some hot takes from the federal prosecutors' filings today.

- Federal prosecutors believe Cohen attempted to criminally influence the 2016 election under direct orders from President Trump.

- Mueller's team sent a referral to federal prosecutors stating that all evidence points to the Moscow Trump Tower dealings having been involved, in some way, with Russia's meddeling in the election.

- In 2015 Cohen personally met with a Russian national that is said to have close ties to Moscow in order to make a deal that would provide "political sysnergy" for the Trump campaign.

Politics is fun.
                                      And this is what I'm waiting for.

Actual filings rather than a bunch noise without substance.

remember, a true statement with false backing is still a wrong answer. It's philosophy 101. (the sheep on the hill problem comes to mind)

Comment

I still want to know about that Grand Jury subpoena case that was kept sealed and pushed through the DC courts at the speed of light. (Comparatively to how fast law normally moves) Apparently, it had something to do with the Mueller Probe as well, the Witness in the case is being kept anonymous, and it's slated to be heard in a week or so.

Lot of political pundits were speculating that it had to be somebody in the Trump family. Either the President himself or Jr.

Comment

It's been the setup for subpoenas because it's the thing we know he's guilty of. You'll never see me once stating that Trump has not broken financial laws and that he doesn't have his own financial interests at heart in most of his economic decisions.

What I do contest is that he had some sort of deal struck up with Putin that Putin/Russia would rig the election in his favor in return for the US removing sanctions on Russia. I don't see anything thus far that shows Trump made a deal of any kind like that, most of what I see just shows he's a gullible moron (such as thinking the Saudis had nothing to do with the assassination of a journalist because "they say they didn't do it") and thus Putin wanted him elected because he'd be a weaker opponent on the world stage.

Now if people were to claim Putin is manipulating Trump, I'd fully agree, but I don't believe with the evidence thus far that Trump made any deal during the election. Especially considering he didn't even think he was going to win up until the day he won.
                                          -Well just look at what we know already

-several highranking trump campaign members regularly made contact with people close to Putin.
                                          -Putin admitted to wanting trump to have an advantage.
                                          trump's people were also in regular contact with Wikileaks leading up to the email dumps
                                          -trump's people were actively seeking information on Clinton from the Russians
                                          -manafort told his contacts in Russia that trump would be good for them because he can ease sanctions and oppose other policies Obama imposed on russia
                                          -easing of sanctions was promised before trump even took office

Putin and trump obviously aren't coequal partners. But I think it's pretty clear that trump was willing to make those kinds of deals especially because he thought he wouldn't win and have to deal with the repercussions.

Putin on the other hand didn't trump to win to benefit from that kind of deal since hurting Hillary politically and undermining faith in US elections was his original goal. Everything else has been just bonuses.

trump isn't being gullible about the Saudis. He knew about the killing before any of us and he's said several times that he doesn't care enough to stop dealing with the saudi's because they bring in lots of money for the government and himself personally.

Comment

Working...
                                          X