Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The notion that we're not allowed to criticize anyone we didn't vote for is fucking absurd.

It may legitimately be the dumbest thing I've ever seen posted in regards to politics. And I've seen a hardcore christian claiming democrats were all demon possessed.

Congratulations, Timeless Writer. You are officially the worst poster on this website.

Comment

Originally posted by Timeless Dumbass View Post
      Only the people who voted for the GOP have the right to criticize them
      Nice.

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

It wasn't, but I've already told you a plethora of other reasons for why people wanted Trump over Hillary. You've either forgotten or ignored them all, so when you say I shouldn't belittle you my response is "don't waste my time"
        Pretty much.

PS: About the only reasons that hold any water are: they hate Hilary (Randomly pick a reason from this list of 1000); they wanted to shake up the government; they wanted to drain the swamp; they believed his self made billionaire and that he can make the country great again (damn that slogan); it was a troll vote. Anything else, seems minor in that only a small group of people would've had whatever other reason I missed.

Now can you kindly stop playing devil's advocate; express what are your actual political beliefs (cause I don't know what they are) and stop trying to get a rise out of me by playing the other side cause frankly... It is a waste of my god damn time.

Originally posted by J peth View Post
        More or less, though nobody expects the right to riot where as they expect the left to do so. I think if we saw a right wing based riot we'd be seeing headlines for months.
        Oh like when they had that "Unite the Right" rally? Wonderful thing that was.

Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
        I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

Comment

Originally posted by ;n505695
          Only the people who voted for the GOP have the right to criticize them
          only prior to election though, once president they should have immunity (as reward)

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
            The notion that we're not allowed to criticize anyone we didn't vote for is fucking absurd.

It may legitimately be the dumbest thing I've ever seen posted in regards to politics. And I've seen a hardcore christian claiming democrats were all demon possessed.

Congratulations, Timeless Writer. You are officially the worst poster on this website.
            He's shit but i find that hard to believe.

Comment

And I've seen a hardcore christian claiming democrats were all demon possessed.
              Simply marvelous.

Comment

Wat

Comment

Wat
                  The "free speech" party strikes again

Comment

Wat
                    Oh, what? Republicans aren't actually that concerned about free speech? What a shocker.

Friendly reminder that the best way to challenge unjust laws is to break them. If that does happen, people can just, you know, organize the protest and refuse to pay the stupid fee.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post

Friendly reminder that the best way to challenge unjust laws is to break them.
                      What? That's terrible advice tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

Pretty much.

PS: About the only reasons that hold any water are: they hate Hilary (Randomly pick a reason from this list of 1000); they wanted to shake up the government; they wanted to drain the swamp; they believed his self made billionaire and that he can make the country great again (damn that slogan); it was a troll vote. Anything else, seems minor in that only a small group of people would've had whatever other reason I missed.

Now can you kindly stop playing devil's advocate; express what are your actual political beliefs (cause I don't know what they are) and stop trying to get a rise out of me by playing the other side cause frankly... It is a waste of my god damn time.
                        There's also single issue voters like manufacturing jobs in fear of TPP, which again he reneged on with the renegotiation on NAFTA,and there was the strategic play of either him cratering the government irreperably allowing for proper reform after his time/a democrat counter attack to finally dethrone the teaparty's control of congress. But otherwise you got most.

And I've already told you my actual political beliefs, we literally had a thread on it where we made tables and everything.

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post

Oh like when they had that "Unite the Right" rally? Wonderful thing that was.
                        We literally have evidence that they did not start the violence, they started the intimidation tactics that did not cause property damage or harm anyone, then antifa did their thing along with a large swath of left wing activists that started the violence which lead to the right wing activists and neo-nazis (both were present) retaliating which resulted in a neo-nazi showing his true colors and running people over.

The rioting part of the Unite the Right rally was not done by the right wing. Just like it wasn't done by the right wing in Berkley. groups like Antifa and BAMN tend to start the violence because they don't understand how optics work in the public theater.

Comment

Originally posted by -Person- View Post

The "free speech" party strikes again
                          Which is why the only republicans I believe when they say that are those in the Libertarian caucus as they are generally the only ones who give a damn about that principle. The rest are usually just in it for the money or bigotry.

Comment

Originally posted by King John View Post

What? That's terrible advice tbh.
                            Friendly reminder that a huge portion of the conservative base believe that. Or more specifically, they believe republican lawmakers shouldn't be criticized because they believe republican lawmakers can't do wrong.

Comment

Soooooo...

"Democrats agree to confirmations of 15 Trump judges (In exchange, Dems facing reelection can go home to campaign)."

This happened.

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post
                                Soooooo...

"Democrats agree to confirmations of 15 Trump judges (In exchange, Dems facing reelection can go home to campaign)."

This happened.
                                It has happened before too.

Honestly, it's a smart move. Those judges were going to be confirmed, regardless. Only things dems could have done is stall for a while. But the cost would have been that red-state dems like Manchin and Heitkamp wouldn't have been able to go home and campaign because they would have needed to cast their vote. This way, the bulk of the party can still stay and resist, since that's what their constituents expect and the vulnerable ones that could lose their seats can go stump the grounds locally.

Comment

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news...tion/38125451/

Heeeeey

Trump signed a decent bill for once. The "Save our Seas Act of 2018" is a bipartisan bill that reauthorizes the NOAA's program that cleans up marine debris and declare severe marine debris events. Sort of like a state of emergency for sea trash that would activate a large-scale cleanup process in the wake of disasters that contribute heavily to ocean pollution.

Good going on this one, White House.

-edit-

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/11/c...nce-panel.html

oh
                                  Last edited by Cid; October 12th, 2018, 05:41 PM.

Comment

https://www.usatoday.com/videos/news...tion/38125451/

Heeeeey

Trump signed a decent bill for once. The "Save our Seas Act of 2018" is a bipartisan bill that reauthorizes the NOAA's program that cleans up marine debris and declare severe marine debris events. Sort of like a state of emergency for sea trash that would activate a large-scale cleanup process in the wake of disasters that contribute heavily to ocean pollution.

Good going on this one, White House.

-edit-

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/10/11/c...nce-panel.html

oh
                                    Welp...
                                    (Just waiting for another set)

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                                      Welp...
                                      One step forward and 50 steps back, it seems.

Man, republicans are awful.

Comment

Wat
                                        That's pretty good, it means a shorter path to violent protests
                                        Tab for a cause: http://tab.gladly.io/?r=11370382

Comment

Originally posted by The Gunboat Diplomat View Post

That's pretty good, it means a shorter path to violent protests
                                          It's literally a violation of the first admendment of our constitution. Lol

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                          Auto-Saved
                                          x
                                          Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                          x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                          Working...
                                          X