This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cid View Post
    I still lean towards this being some sort of plot by North Korea. Dictators don't change, and Kim Jung Un is a dictator. He abuses his people and breaks international treaty all in the name of power and profit. I sincerely doubt he has any good intentions going into this.
    Julius Caesar was a dictator
    Originally posted by Oneiros
    In that case, I’m the biggest faggot on the block.

Comment

I think NK is just fishing around for deals to see what they can get for free. It is just more saber rattling and entitlement. The guy is worship like a god among his people. I'm sure he thinks himself as such.

Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
      I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

Comment

83 can kiss my ass. There is no denying that North Korea is a shithole with a shit leader, and a starving population.
        I'd take little piggy over the umpa lumpa any day.

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

I'd take little piggy over the umpa lumpa any day.
          I mean, at least I can shit talk our illustrious leader without being tossed into a prison camp.

Comment

I mean, at least I can shit talk our illustrious leader without being tossed into a prison camp.
            Well not for a lack of try.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
              I think NK is just fishing around for deals to see what they can get for free. It is just more saber rattling and entitlement. The guy is worship like a god among his people. I'm sure he thinks himself as such.
              Actually the fact he thinks himself a god is what makes me think that he may actually try some sort of peace deal and the like.

It wouldn't be far fetched to think he drank his own kool-aid and now thinks he can play the good guy and get more done than the old method of isolation. If he thinks he can't be beaten/his people will never abandon him then why not reap the benefits of international trade and the like while still staying god emperor of your people? I mean there is a path that leads to him staying in power with just as much control over his people while raking in way more revenue. all while having the US stop it's military posturing, which would help any dictator sleep at night.

Comment

This one covers something John Kelley said on immigrant and how the US is planning to take the kids from those crossing the border and deport the parents! The end bit was rather surprising as well.

Comment

North Korea cancels talks with South Korea and threatens the US

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-44133308

HOLY CRAP. I NEVER SAW THIS TWIST COMING. I'M IN ABSOLUTE SHOCK. I'M SHOOK AND TRIGGERED. OMG

Comment

• Phobetor
                    Phobetor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    lol

HOLY CRAP. I NEVER SAW THIS TWIST COMING. I'M IN ABSOLUTE SHOCK. I'M SHOOK AND TRIGGERED. OMG
                  Who would have thought....... I mean besides literally everyone ever.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

Who would have thought....... I mean besides literally everyone ever.
                    Wade and RussianCoffeeAddict were optimistic... lmao

Comment

Figures.

Comment

I mean, I gave Trumples cred for getting us as far as he did before this; I haven't given many thoughts on how optimistic or lack thereof I am of diplomacy with North Korea going forward. I don't recall ever saying "yeah, things will go pretty well from here on."

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

I mean, I gave Trumples cred for getting us as far as he did before this; I haven't given many thoughts on how optimistic or lack thereof I am of diplomacy with North Korea going forward. I don't recall ever saying "yeah, things will go pretty well from here on."
                          It was that credit you gave Trump. For essentially doing nothing.

Comment

NOBEL! NOBEL! NOBEL! NOBEL! NOBEL! NOBEL!

Comment

Well let's analyse what happened. We know that North Korea started to close their testing site and cooperated by giving back US citizens. So they did do things correctly. Meanwhile the US and SK were still going to hold military drills on the border. Every time a country the US doesn't like is ready for peace the US always does stupid shit like this. Our politicians/diplomats are a fucking joke.

Comment

Just to clarify, as things stand now it canceled the second summit that was supposed to take place. Future planned meetings are still up in the air.

However it's pretty clear that if the join military exercise planned for SK and the US goes as planned we'll probably see NK just put an end to the entire peace talk idea in general, but there is also the chance (however unlikely) of it simply giving the US and SK a better hand to play in the talks while canceling the exercise would give NK a better hand.

chances are not good for the second potential outcome, but it should be noted this isn't the end of the peace talks. Just a power play that it is either a bluff or an ultimatum on NK's part.

Comment

Well let's analyse what happened. We know that North Korea started to close their testing site and cooperated by giving back US citizens. So they did do things correctly. Meanwhile the US and SK were still going to hold military drills on the border. Every time a country the US doesn't like is ready for peace the US always does stupid shit like this. Our politicians/diplomats are a fucking joke.
                                  This is assuming the US and SK deliberately did this military drill to spite NK vs it being something they do regularly on the same day each year.

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

Just to clarify, as things stand now it canceled the second summit that was supposed to take place. Future planned meetings are still up in the air.

However it's pretty clear that if the join military exercise planned for SK and the US goes as planned we'll probably see NK just put an end to the entire peace talk idea in general, but there is also the chance (however unlikely) of it simply giving the US and SK a better hand to play in the talks while canceling the exercise would give NK a better hand.

chances are not good for the second potential outcome, but it should be noted this isn't the end of the peace talks. Just a power play that it is either a bluff or an ultimatum on NK's part.
                                    You guys talking about those same military drills that were previously announced? Those same ones that North Korea knew fully were going to happen but didn't request that they didn't happen? You mean those same darn military drills that have been occurring regularly for years now and have never posed any sort of threat to North Korea?

I said it before and I'll say it again. North Korea was posturing this entire time. This isn't the first time they've agreed to terms, talked peace, and then backed out of it. It won't be the last time. North Korea has no desire and no intention for peace, they are a dictatorship and they seek power. Nothing more.

It was a farce the entire time. lol

Comment

A mere 72 hours after the Chinese government agreed to put a half-billion dollars into an Indonesian project that will personally enrich Donald Trump, the president ordered a bailout for a Chinese-government-owned cellphone maker.
                                      Trump did not mention in that tweet or its follow-ups that on Thursday, the developer of a theme park resort outside of Jakarta had signed a deal to receive as much as $500 million in Chinese government loans, as well as another $500 million from Chinese banks, according to Agence France-Presse. Trump’s family business, the Trump Organization, has a deal to license the Trump name to the resort, which includes a golf course and hotels.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0200bcab7fa66
                                      "Make America China Great Again!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lmao...

Come on! Someone please explain this to me? Where's our local Trump supporters. Souls ? RussianCoffeeAddict ?

Someone please, walk me through how this benefits America and not is a clear and blatant example of him going against his own words regarding China

Comment

North Korea has been requesting the end of US-ROK military drills near NK for about as long as they've had their nuclear program, and it's always been a condition for deescalation. Nobody should be surprised that they're unwilling to negotiate if the drills continue. If the US likes military power more than peace, that's just as much blame on them as well, if not more when you consider the US's established history of negotiating in poor faith. The US one-sidedly saying "give up ur nukes lol" isn't a negotiation, especially when NK can look at Iraq, Libya, and Ukraine to see what happens if a country gives up its nukes.

Also, that Indonesia deal is 2 years old. http://www.ozseeker.net/2016/07/11/c...st-theme-park/
                                        The actual reason is that China offered to reconsider the Qualcomm/NXP merger, which China could easily torpedo along with Qualcomm itself. Besides, saving ZTE is a good thing for everyone, no sense complaining about it.
                                        Tab for a cause: http://tab.gladly.io/?r=11370382

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                        Auto-Saved
                                        x
                                        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                        x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                        Working...
                                        X