X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Saffron View Post

when did you become this generous wade
    Bitch. I'm not a prophet of God. I AM GOD!

Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
    I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

Comment

Kajin, were you talking about the whole Cohen/Prague thing?

I just saw that sources are saying Cohen was in Prague during the campaign in 2016, thus proving part of the Steele Dossier true.

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
        Kajin, were you talking about the whole Cohen/Prague thing?

I just saw that sources are saying Cohen was in Prague during the campaign in 2016, thus proving part of the Steele Dossier true.
        Naw. I was talking about the pee-pee tape. I go for that low hanging fruit and kick it.

Though I did just see that in the news this evening. Need to read up on it.

Originally posted by Date Rape Prophet
        I don't believe in infallibility of scripture

Comment

Originally posted by #83.6666666667 View Post

There's a reason why George Bush 2nd became popular after Trump was elected. Because as bad as he was everyone knows he was much better than this lunatic. Granted Bush was also fucking crazy, one time citing a bible verse to a foreign leader as a motive to invade Iraq. Basically Wade in office.
          Nah, I wouldn't trust Wade with the keys to the kingdom even in a game of Risk. George Dubya >>> all day, erry day.

Comment

J peth

So apparently, Trump is talking about rejoining the TPP. If I recall, his withdrawal from it was one of the reasons you preferred him to Hillary. Also one of the few good things I thought he did as well. Thoughts? It seems like he wants to look into helping farmers who would be hurt by it, but I see nothing about the possible damage it could do to American manufacturers.
            my thoughts are the same as they were when he started pushing parts of TPP in other dealings. That it's pretty clear that he was a con artist and that there was no real choice to be had in the first place. And I don't mean in the conspiritorial way of a rigged system where you choose between people who are the same every time. I mean this particular time we were fucked six ways to sunday no matter which way we voted.

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

my thoughts are the same as they were when he started pushing parts of TPP in other dealings. That it's pretty clear that he was a con artist and that there was no real choice to be had in the first place. And I don't mean in the conspiritorial way of a rigged system where you choose between people who are the same every time. I mean this particular time we were fucked six ways to sunday no matter which way we voted.
              I meant more your opinion on his ideals to rejoin it under new conditions to make it less crappy for us. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. The TPP was bad all around, even for a lot of American corporations that didn't rely heavily on imports. It's a select group of businesses that would benefit, and I'm not sure if Trump's many brandings were one of them.

If he can get back in with some renegotions to deeply lessen the impact nationally, what would you think about it? What are some of the stipulations you'd like to see?

Comment

I meant more your opinion on his ideals to rejoin it under new conditions to make it less crappy for us. I'd like to give him the benefit of the doubt on this one. The TPP was bad all around, even for a lot of American corporations that didn't rely heavily on imports. It's a select group of businesses that would benefit, and I'm not sure if Trump's many brandings were one of them.

If he can get back in with some renegotions to deeply lessen the impact nationally, what would you think about it? What are some of the stipulations you'd like to see?
                The other 11 countries have already negotiated a new deal and have no desire to do so again. There is a zero percent chance we get a better deal after abandoning TPP and trying to come back.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

The other 11 countries have already negotiated a new deal and have no desire to do so again. There is a zero percent chance we get a better deal after abandoning TPP and trying to come back.
                  I wouldn't say "zero percent". Definitely far from it. The US is still an economic powerhouse and one of the largest economies in the world. I doubt other countries would pass the opportunity to include the States again.

Of course, I have a feeling that renegotiations have been underway for quite some time now. We all know Trump has a big mouth and often openly tweets about things that he shouldn't be tweeting about. I wouldn't be surprised if it hadn't been happening for a couple months now.

Comment

I wouldn't say "zero percent". Definitely far from it. The US is still an economic powerhouse and one of the largest economies in the world. I doubt other countries would pass the opportunity to include the States again.

Of course, I have a feeling that renegotiations have been underway for quite some time now. We all know Trump has a big mouth and often openly tweets about things that he shouldn't be tweeting about. I wouldn't be surprised if it hadn't been happening for a couple months now.
                    Right but they have no reason to give better terms then we already had, they have already negotiated a new deal among themselves so they would have to scrap what they have already done (something none of them want to do) and start over. For that to happen we would get ass fucked in this new deal.

Comment

Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

Right but they have no reason to give better terms then we already had, they have already negotiated a new deal among themselves so they would have to scrap what they have already done (something none of them want to do) and start over. For that to happen we would get ass fucked in this new deal.
                      The deal is stronger with America's involement. We're such a large part of the world economy and we import so much from all of the TPP partners that they'd be stupid to not consider it.

Which is why most of the partners have already publicly said that they would meet with US Representatives to discuss it. Shinzo Abe is actually meeting Trump personally next week.

As much ire as the US draws, it's still far too important to simply cut out of multinational deals like this. So they'll come to table to discuss the US' involvement. And they'll likely compromise on a few things to ensure we're a partner. There's just too many trillions at stake otherwise.

Comment

The deal is stronger with America's involement. We're such a large part of the world economy and we import so much from all of the TPP partners that they'd be stupid to not consider it.

Which is why most of the partners have already publicly said that they would meet with US Representatives to discuss it. Shinzo Abe is actually meeting Trump personally next week.

As much ire as the US draws, it's still far too important to simply cut out of multinational deals like this. So they'll come to table to discuss the US' involvement. And they'll likely compromise on a few things to ensure we're a partner. There's just too many trillions at stake otherwise.
                        We will see, again I have no doubt they would let us back in but the idea that you would leave TPP allow China to take control of negotiations then come back and get a better deal seems unlikely to me.

Comment

They were ready to move on without the US, the only country that was still looking behind was Japan. Sure the US provides a lot of muscle but they already had enough to oppose China.

If the US wants to enter it will be with worse deals and it would probably do little for the US. Mainly these deals are beneficial to smaller countries (or rather their exploiters) than larger countries. If the US doesn't like NAFTA they'll probably hate TPP.

Comment

But with all the shit that is going on the US has become less reliable, at this point the US has become to unpredictable and the world won't budge in favor of the US the same as before.

Comment

Other nations are smart enough to realize that the United States' current volatile state is because of Trump and that Trump's days are numbered. If he's not impeached or otherwise forced to step down before 2020, then he will definitely lose his re-election bid. Considering these deals, like the TPP, take a fairly large amount of time to implement, I'm willing to bet that other nations will work to reincorporate the US back in just because they know that the US's position will improve after Trump leaves office.

Comment

Comment

Isn't it sad how military action or lack thereof ultimately dictates approval ratings? They may end bad like they did Bush, but his approval ratings were always incredible when he went on TV and threatened Saddam Hussein etc.

Comment

• #83.6666666667
                                    #83.6666666667 commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Well when the economy doesn't improve for the average Joe, naturally you blow up money...literally.

Originally posted by Zeroextra View Post
                                  Isn't it sad how military action or lack thereof ultimately dictates approval ratings? They may end bad like they did Bush, but his approval ratings were always incredible when he went on TV and threatened Saddam Hussein etc.
                                  I mean, we're a pretty aggressive people. Murder, rape, and explosions are part of every facet of entertainment we have from cinema and literature to video games. So does it really surprise you that people would get a hard-on for our "good guys" threatening murder and explosions against the "bad guys"?

Comment

I mean, we're a pretty aggressive people. Murder, rape, and explosions are part of every facet of entertainment we have from cinema and literature to video games. So does it really surprise you that people would get a hard-on for our "good guys" threatening murder and explosions against the "bad guys"?
                                    Fuuug, brah. You're opening my eyes. This the True Red Pill.

Comment

Originally posted by Ziku View Post

Fuuug, brah. You're opening my eyes. This the True Red Pill.
                                      I take back everything I ever said.

Comment

...well now...

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...s-sean-hannity

"President Trump's personal lawyer revealed Monday that he represents Fox News' Sean Hannity, after a federal judge ordered him to reveal the client's identity at a hearing."

"Cohen's legal team had sought to keep Hannity's identity anonymous in the hearing because of his public prominence, but U.S. District Judge Kimba Wood ordered Cohen to reveal the identity of his third client."

Comment

• Cid
                                          Cid commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Shocking.
                                      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                                      Auto-Saved
                                      x
                                      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                                      x

Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image below.

Registration Image Refresh Image
                                      Working...
                                      X