This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cid View Post

Trump earned the presidency about as well as Hitler earned the right to execute the Jews.
    Trump isn't likely to start the Third Reich, Cid.
    Your fears have been put to rest. ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Groovy wavy View Post
      If you say manga im showing up at your doorstep

say anything besides modern art
      Anime, cartoons, manga, comics, paranormal romance books, reality TV, B-movies etc. Oh, and post-modern "art" (thanks, homie).

And before you mention political cartoonists having an agenda: Who the fuck doesn't? Including so-called "objective" journalists who plague our media.
      Last edited by Oneiros; January 28th, 2017, 11:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Morpheus View Post

Anime, cartoons, manga, comics, paranormal romance books, reality TV, B-movies etc. Oh, and post-modern "art" (thanks, homie).

And before you mention political cartoonists having an agenda: Who the fuck doesn't? Including so-called "objective" journalists who plague our media.
        His point wasn't that they have an agenda, his point was that they aren't subtle with it and don't leave any space for you to think.

Comment

Originally posted by Morpheus View Post

At least Journalists hide it better. That drawing is the equivalent of a facebook rant.

And they try to be subtle with it, too. Like "ooojhh bet they won't get this lmao"

Last edited by Groovy wavy; January 28th, 2017, 11:05 PM.
          Originally posted by Anime18
          Dude...quit acting like a fucking nigger dude...
          Originally posted by A New Soul

Nah best result is when it's a result of deepthroating a dick that's too big or being filled with too much cum.

Originally posted by Jay
          So all I ask of you is to show an erect dick with a ruler next to it. That's all lol.

Comment

And a really bad B-movie is an art form

Nah best result is when it's a result of deepthroating a dick that's too big or being filled with too much cum.

Originally posted by Jay
            So all I ask of you is to show an erect dick with a ruler next to it. That's all lol.

Comment

Again -- that particular political cartoon sucked because of its lack of nuance. Even so, it was (ironically) humorous and well-drawn. Thus, calling it the WoAT art form is decidedly a stretch.
              Last edited by Oneiros; January 28th, 2017, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Guest View Post
                BTW did you hear that he killed the TPP?
                Literally the only good thing he's done.

Originally posted by Mr.Sunshine View Post
                Trump isn't likely to start the Third Reich, Cid.
                Your fears have been put to rest. ^_^
                Tell that to all the people who can no longer vacation outside the country for fear of not being allowed back in thanks to his "no Muslims" policy.

Comment

Nevermind Mana, thankfully it seems like the courts blocked Trump's Muslim ban. Thank goodness somebody in our government is smart enough to see how awful that idea was.

Comment

Tell that to all the people who can no longer vacation outside the country for fear of not being allowed back in thanks to his "no Muslims" policy.
                    As for joke- in and out of itself, you left yourself wide open, Cid.
                    As for the Immigration-From-Countries-With-Who-We-Can't-Verify-Nor-Properly-Invesitgate-Policy, I see no definite problem with it- if history has taught us anything, a mass-influx of unvented immigration of who we can't tangibly determine their allegiances or values have always left devastation/indoctrination through a majority, and an overthrowing of authority/government with an installment of their own governance.
                    I apologize, but if we can't reliably hold people into account nor can we figure out their intent/motivation, then we might as well shake hands with the Devil.
                    If we can't ascertain that we can assimilate the people coming into our country into embracing our values and principles, then you have another New Years Eve Cologne, Germany Rape Night.
                    Then, you have an Lebanon and a Rotherham, Cid.
                    History repeats itself, and everyone should know not to repeat your own mistakes twice lest invite destruction and famine into your own home.
                    As for the courts blocking the Trump's No-Vetting-Policy, it seems that it only covers airport detainees and those currently in transit, and ban will go forward- per the words of Verge and not my own.
                    It just might be an isolated case to specific individuals involving Omar C. Jadwat and the like.
                    http://www.theverge.com/2017/1/28/14...mmigration-ban
                    I'd wait before raising your own hopes up- on the same timeline revolving around the airports, it seems that they're following through Trump's Executive Order.
                    http://www.theverge.com/transportati...nited-american
                    -----------------------------
                    I, personally, am for Trump's Executive Order on this particular subject matter, and if your argument is based solely on emotions and not on rational thought nor critical assessment of what we know and understand of history and that of Islam, then I honestly don't know what to tell you, Cid.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Sunshine View Post
                      -snip-
                      His executive order was causing US Citizens, people who immigrated to the country legally decades ago, to be federally detained by customs agents for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

It doesn't really matter what you or anyone thinks about Syrian refugees. When a dumbass in the the White House starts illegally detaining and deporting US citizens, there's a problem.

Comment

At least Journalists hide it better. That drawing is the equivalent of a facebook rant.

And they try to be subtle with it, too. Like "ooojhh bet they won't get this lmao"
                        You're talking about a Ben Garrison cartoon. He is to political cartoons what Breitbart is to journalism.
                        Tab for a cause: http://tab.gladly.io/?r=11370382

Comment

Those aren't subtle, intelligent, or particularly thought provoking by any stretch of the imagination.
                          The very purpose of editorial cartoons is to enlighten and to accentuate corruption through the use of satire, even if that is done with minimal understanding on the part of the cartoonist (unlikely, as a rule, for they probably wouldn't be published much less syndicated if this were the case) and significant bias (almost certain, but hardly much more common or notable than in artists and authors of other media). :}

Art is very subjective, and opinion pieces even more so, but it is manifestly false to suggest that editorial cartoons are the worst form of art, especially if you are attempting to critique their practicality.

Additionally, as the gentlemen who responded to you have already pointed out, you are considering a particularly poor example of a political cartoon with which to generalize all of them.

Comment

Jesus Christ didn't know we had so many political cartoon fans

They are woat end of story lol. This one was shite, but they are all trash on many levels.

Now back to stanning Trump and blaming jews
                            Last edited by Groovy wavy; January 29th, 2017, 02:35 AM.

Originally posted by Jay

Comment

Jesus Christ didn't know we had so many political cartoon fans

They are woat end of story lol. This one was shite, but they are all trash on many levels.

Now back to stanning Trump and blaming jews

^Not you though, you're a faithful Goy.

Comment

Originally posted by Augustus Caesar View Post

Noice false equivalence there, m88. You choose to put yourself in those situations,
                                Lmao if I'm sitting in my house, a guy breaks in and shoots me, I choose to be in that situation?

Comment

What it does is show that your opinion on the subject is compromised by your political leaning instead of being shaped by logical thought. Therefore it renders your entire point irrelevant to the conversation at hand. You can't be trusted to speak without bias.
                                  So you have to be for everything or nothing? That's nonsense.
                                  Somethings are good use of taxes, like police or the FDA
                                  Somethings are not like free college or healthcare.

Simple as that.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by A New Soul View Post
                                      Now if only Ron Paul ran in 2024.

Comment

So.....I just read everything Trump has done so far, and he seems to be one of those patriotic dudes who loves his country. So far I did not see anything wrong with whatever he has done after becoming president.

Comment

• blah
                                          blah commented
                                          Editing a comment
                                          Could you tell me where you read up on this suff?

Originally posted by Flame Saber View Post
                                        So.....I just read everything Trump has done so far, and he seems to be one of those patriotic dudes who loves his country. So far I did not see anything wrong with whatever he has done after becoming president.
                                        Liking America (or the west) in any capacity is seen as immoral by the left.

Comment

Working...
                                        X