• Show
Clear All

Stance on Gun Control?

We need even less
    72.73%
    We have too much as it is
    27.27%

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict;n524194
    Racism is a “major issue” only because some people want it to be.

Ahhhhhhhhahahaha

Nice try

Comment

oh boy this gonna be good

Comment

A Brazilian researcher compiled huge amounts of gun control data, coming from many different universities and countries, into +3 hours of videos. He concluded that gun control doesn't change any levels of violence or homicides.
        I'd post it here but there aren't any subtitles in Portuguese, much less in English.

Comment

Guns are too deeply ingrained in the American culture for the kind of mass removal initiatives that have been effective in reducing gun crime in other countries to be viable here. There would be armed revolts across the country and More violence caused then prevented if the government ever sincerely tried. That being said; there should be mandatory background checks for all gun buyers and strict criminal penalties for persons who circumvent or assist in the circumvention of said laws. There should probably also be a mandatory lisence and registration process; not unlike what you would have to do to lawfully own and operate an automobile.

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
            Guns are too deeply ingrained in the American culture for the kind of mass removal initiatives that have been effective in reducing gun crime in other countries to be viable here. There would be armed revolts across the country and More violence caused then prevented if the government ever sincerely tried. That being said; there should be mandatory background checks for all gun buyers and strict criminal penalties for persons who circumvent or assist in the circumvention of said laws. There should probably also be a mandatory lisence and registration process; not unlike what you would have to do to lawfully own and operate an automobile.
            Aggravated assualt on a LEO from like 8 years ago. First and only offense.

Should I be legally able to own a gun in your own opinion?

Comment

Originally posted by Rabum Alal View Post
              Aggravated assualt on a LEO from like 8 years ago. First and only offense.

Should I be legally able to own a gun in your own opinion?
              if the assault was committed with a deadly weapon; indefinitely NO. If by hand and if your record is otherwise clean; initially no. But after you've been on the straight-and-narrow for a reasonable amount of time, yes.

Comment

I think we should control more guns.

"Listen, Bubbs: hear that? The sounds of the whispering winds of shit."
                Rest in peace, John Dunsworth (1946-2017).

Comment

There should be mandatory background checks on every purchase of every firearm, regardless if the purchase is made from a merchant or a private seller, all sales should be reported to local police with the name of the individual, social security number, and the information on the weapon itself. No ways to circumvent these laws and strict penalties for those who do. I also posit that individuals should be required to undergo bi-yearly psych evaluations upon renewal of a gun licence, just to make sure there aren't any incredibly violent tendencies. Individuals convicted of violent crimes should not be legally allowed to own a handgun. And criminals with other criminal records such as robberies should be restricted for a period of time after release from prison. I also believe that upon initial approval of a licence that an individual should be required to take some basic gun safety and firearms training courses. (both of which are often provided by local police departments free of charge)

Comment

Originally posted by Cid View Post
                    There should be mandatory background checks on every purchase of every firearm, regardless if the purchase is made from a merchant or a private seller, all sales should be reported to local police with the name of the individual, social security number, and the information on the weapon itself. No ways to circumvent these laws and strict penalties for those who do. I also posit that individuals should be required to undergo bi-yearly psych evaluations upon renewal of a gun licence, just to make sure there aren't any incredibly violent tendencies. Individuals convicted of violent crimes should not be legally allowed to own a handgun. And criminals with other criminal records such as robberies should be restricted for a period of time after release from prison. I also believe that upon initial approval of a licence that an individual should be required to take some basic gun safety and firearms training courses. (both of which are often provided by local police departments free of charge)
                    I pretty much share this view.

We should also start investing in smart guns and that kind of tech. that way only the individual who owns the gun may use it.

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

We should also start investing in smart guns and that kind of tech. that way only the individual who owns the gun may use it.
                      I feel like the technology is still too far behind on that front. But in the future, definitely.

Comment

Then everybody's gonna run around thinking they're Star-Lord.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabum Alal View Post
                          Then everybody's gonna run around thinking they're Star-Lord.
                          Nah, they still need the rocket boots.

Comment

Comment

I feel like the technology is still too far behind on that front. But in the future, definitely.
                              http://qz.com/589476/what-obama-mean...un-technology/

we already have the tech if you read the whole article and it's sources.

We've had tech for 'smart guns' for awhile now. the NRA and others simply refuse to allow them to actually be made publicly accessible.

Comment

http://qz.com/589476/what-obama-mean...un-technology/

we already have the tech if you read the whole article and it's sources.

We've had tech for 'smart guns' for awhile now. the NRA and others simply refuse to allow them to actually be made publicly accessible.
                                Well shit, I had no idea it's been a thing for so long. NRA does a good job at keeping it out of the spotlight.

Comment

Well shit, I had no idea it's been a thing for so long. NRA does a good job at keeping it out of the spotlight.
                                  pisses me right the fuck off.

Comment

Got mines so you better get yours... and thats my stance fuck niggas!

Comment

relevant

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict;n524194
                                      Racism is a “major issue” only because some people want it to be.

Comment

I share Cid and Shob's thoughts on the matter, but to that end I don't see strict gun control reducing death's through violence. If someone wants to kill another person, they will. There are all manner of deadly weapons one can get their hands on easy like bats and all manner of gardening equipment.

Hell I've seen people 3-D print working handguns, where there is malevolence there is a way.

A sporting good store is a readily available amory for anyone enterprising enough.

Comment

Working...
                                        X