Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How is the coronavirus affecting you?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    How is the coronavirus affecting you?

    How does

    #2
    So far, it's been a positive influence. I've been trying to get rid of going to restaurants so often. And business has been a lot better at my grocery store.

    I have no doubt in my mind that it's gonna bite me in the ass, but so far it's easy to find the silver lining.
    Originally posted by Wade
    Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

    Comment


      #3
      So far, most of the cases in NC are in Raleigh (fortunately I don't live there anymore), but I've been busy dealing with pollen allergies that's been irritating by throat quite a bit. Been having to take 1200 mg of Ibuprofen a day so that it doesn't feel like shards of glass every time I swallow my spit.

      The upside to this is that it's been discouraging me to drink alcohol so that it doesn't become worse. I did the same thing the last time it happened back when my drinking was much more problematic and I was able to quit for a while.

      As far as COVID-19, I'm not worried. If it's anything like the flu, it's always about practicing proper hygiene and social precautions. Either way, if I do end up getting it, I'm confident that I'll get through it in say less than a week, for which I'll no longer have to be cautious due to developed immunity to the strain. Also I'll be able to enjoy a few days off work, which would be nice.
      Last edited by Thar; March 17th, 2020, 07:18 PM.

      Comment


        #4
        there are some positive effects on people, like working at home and spending more time with their families. Plus less pollution because people stays at home, not using their cars

        Comment


          #5
          so far im liking the sports cancellations

          Comment


            #6
            I’ve been getting paid on the stock markets. Thinking like an evil white man during an emergency has been paying off.

            Comment


              #7
              I got a $2 pay raise and 50 hr work weeks since Amazon is profiting hard on people staying home and shopping online

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Thar View Post

                As far as COVID-19, I'm not worried. If it's anything like the flu, it's always about practicing proper hygiene and social precautions. Either way, if I do end up getting it, I'm confident that I'll get through it in say less than a week, for which I'll no longer have to be cautious due to developed immunity to the strain. Also I'll be able to enjoy a few days off work, which would be nice.

                No... not like the flu at all. It might have similar systems but it will kick your ass worse than any flu and that's if your healthy. Typically you'll need to be hospitalized just to endure the more severe symptoms and pneumonia that you are likely to get. If you got respiratory issues (like asthma) then it can kick your ass even harder. Things just get worst if you have other medical issues which includes obesity cause that will factor in with your health.

                This is not one you play with. The reason governments are acting so fast and harsh is because this thing can kill tens of thousands if not more. The Spanish flu of 1918 had killed around 480,000 people world wide and most of those were young people. This virus strikes the older and unhealthy harder. Folks might joke about cleaning the ilk of society but how many people do we know in our immediate circle that is old and/or unhealthy? Each of them is at risk.

                Do your own research if you don't believe me. Joe Rogan had a great talk with this expert in his podcast:



                Other experts in the field including the one advising the Trump Administration said similar things to this guy. So be safe and hunker down!

                Comment


                  #9
                  Fortunately food , water and even TP is easy to find here in Brooklyn but unfortunately my weed guy is experiencing a shortage .

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Pretty much everything is closed until early April despite there supposedly being 0 confirmed cases across the country. So there's literally nothing to do besides gaming and watching movies. Making bank selling alcohol and masks and hand sanitizers though, I don't remember the last time we sold an actual medicine.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post


                      No... not like the flu at all. It might have similar systems but it will kick your ass worse than any flu and that's if your healthy. Typically you'll need to be hospitalized just to endure the more severe symptoms and pneumonia that you are likely to get. If you got respiratory issues (like asthma) then it can kick your ass even harder. Things just get worst if you have other medical issues which includes obesity cause that will factor in with your health.

                      This is not one you play with. The reason governments are acting so fast and harsh is because this thing can kill tens of thousands if not more. The Spanish flu of 1918 had killed around 480,000 people world wide and most of those were young people. This virus strikes the older and unhealthy harder. Folks might joke about cleaning the ilk of society but how many people do we know in our immediate circle that is old and/or unhealthy? Each of them is at risk.

                      Do your own research if you don't believe me. Joe Rogan had a great talk with this expert in his podcast:



                      Other experts in the field including the one advising the Trump Administration said similar things to this guy. So be safe and hunker down!

                      Comment


                        #12
                        So basically yall arent affected

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by OsamaBinBallin View Post
                          So basically yall arent affected
                          Not yet, nah.
                          Originally posted by Wade
                          Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by 40 acres View Post
                            I’ve been getting paid on the stock markets. Thinking like an evil white man during an emergency has been paying off.
                            Fam shoot me a stock, the market is crashing and I want to play around with some low level investing but I am lost.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Originally posted by EnemyOfDaState View Post

                              Fam shoot me a stock, the market is crashing and I want to play around with some low level investing but I am lost.
                              Just pick a company you're pretty sure won't go under, and that's getting hit particularly hard by this whole thing.

                              Like, man... I dunno. McDonald's is probably looking pretty fucked right around now.

                              Precious metals and cryptocurrency are down right now too. If you want a bitcoin, now's the best time since it blew up.
                              Last edited by OrganizationXV; March 19th, 2020, 12:43 AM.
                              Originally posted by Wade
                              Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

                              Comment


                                #16
                                Originally posted by OsamaBinBallin View Post
                                So basically yall arent affected
                                Give it a little time , in NY we are expecting the most sever situations within 40-45 days , it's only the beginning dude. We are headed towards a big poop pile as far as I can see.

                                I hope all y'all be safe with y'all's family and loved ones .

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  2 congressman , Republican from Florida and Dem from Utah both tested positive for COVID 19 .

                                  Escalation beginning .

                                  Cid's wet dreams of orangio getting the virus might not be all together out of realm of possibility .

                                  Comment


                                  • Cid
                                    Cid commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    Good

                                  • OsamaBinBallin
                                    OsamaBinBallin commented
                                    Editing a comment
                                    very good

                                  #18
                                  Originally posted by Bender Bending Rodriguez View Post

                                  Give it a little time , in NY we are expecting the most sever situations within 40-45 days , it's only the beginning dude. We are headed towards a big poop pile as far as I can see.

                                  I hope all y'all be safe with y'all's family and loved ones .
                                  In NY they're about to close down the Airport where I work at. I already got "Cut off" as well as my coworkers so we can collect. I cant really collect as I have 2 jobs but its whatever. Getting these 2 last checks and im chilling at home and resting up. Cleared all my credit cards and got the bills paid. Got the essentials bought and done. Just waiting on this 1,000 dollar check from Trump and im coolin
                                  Last edited by OsamaBinBallin; March 19th, 2020, 11:12 AM.

                                  Comment


                                    #19
                                    Originally posted by OsamaBinBallin View Post

                                    In NY they're about to close down the Airport where I work at. I already got "Cut off" as well as my coworkers so we can collect. I cant really collect as I have 2 jobs but its whatever. Getting these 2 last checks and im chilling at home and resting up. Cleared all my credit cards and got the bills paid. Got the essentials bought and done. Just waiting on this 1,000 dollar check and im coolin
                                    That's the way to go brother , keep it safe for a bit until it starts to turn around , we will get through this .

                                    Comment


                                    • OsamaBinBallin
                                      OsamaBinBallin commented
                                      Editing a comment
                                      I aint too worried. I needed time off. I just want my 1000 check from Trump asap

                                    • Bender Bending Rodriguez
                                      Editing a comment
                                      I am worried , cos lot of ppl are dying and much more will in an upcoming months , don't really care about A G as of now . I also have lot of elders in family so I am worried for them

                                    #20
                                    Its starting to affect my business, which I was expecting and prepared for. Tbh I will probably be calling it quits for a while starting either next week or the one after.

                                    Something happened a few days ago that really pissed me off. Some fucking mouthbreathing drooling idiot was sitting behind me in what I guess you could call a transit car. I was sitting in the passenger seat because although there were only 5 confirmed cases at that time I didnt want to take my chances sitting in the backseats possibly between two other people considering how much of a piece of shit Mexico's healthcare system is. But that ended up not mattering because this lovely pile of human excrement decides to sneeze without covering his mouth at all and I feel the wind graze my hair. I turned around and I tell him "what the hell, cover your fucking mouth, dude", and he just does this gross betacuck cringesmile, averts his eyes, and doesn't even apologize. I hope he dies at some point during this pandemic. If the courts of this country weren't such shit I would have sued the shit out of him.

                                    Then we've got our idiot head of state showing off his lucky charms for warding off the Coronavirus, which is just..........I'm actually laughing rn irl at how utterly ridiculous this whole thing is. Did I mention how much I hate this country? Lol

                                    Comment

                                    Working...
                                    X