X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
    Annnd I’m out of beer. This is now officially a national disaster
    Bruhhhhh

If it were convenient for you to come over and mooch off my parents' stash, I'd be more than happy to share.

Comment

Welp, my country has locked herself up for next 21 days. No leaving house or you wil be in prison or fined.

Now, i have to complete like 100 anime in these 21 days.
      Last edited by Flame Saber; March 24th, 2020, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Been moved to another desk for social distancing. I ain't complaining, cause this shit's an upgrade. Shame that it's temporary.

Comment

I have paperwork with me now, that says i can go outside because I'm a keyworker, so I can still leave without getting fined

Comment

Originally posted by Flame Saber View Post
            Welp, my country has locked herself up for next 21 days. No leaving house or you wil be in prison or fined.

Now, i have to complete like 100 anime in these 21 days.
            Sounds like they did you a favor then
            Originally posted by Wade
            Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Healthy young people are getting sick too.

https://www.latimes.com/california/s...-also-infected
              https://nypost.com/2020/03/23/britis...r-coronavirus/
              https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...and-a-teenager

Be safe people!

Comment

This is a good site to follow: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

You can see how each country is doing and the numbers gets updated several times a day. The US is fast approaching Italy's numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
                  This is a good site to follow: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

You can see how each country is doing and the numbers gets updated several times a day. The US is fast approaching Italy's numbers.
                  That one's good for new daily cases. There's also the Johns Hopkins map that has a really good visual aid for where all is affected: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Comment

Welp, I'm officially not seeing my grandma any more until this blows over, so that's kinda rough. But I'd rather wait a while then, you know, get her potentially sick enough to die.

I also quit my one job for the same reason, because it involves working around a lot of older people. And the job I kept is at a grocery store, so I feel like the odds are pretty high I get the virus (especially since my roomates also work in similar places).
                    Everything is hidden in plain sight, like in Men in Black. We've all just been neuralized to think it is "normal".

Comment

Originally posted by Post-Crisis Shob View Post
                      Annnd I’m out of beer. This is now officially a national disaster
                      Here in Wisconsin liquor stores have been labeled as essential, so no fear of running out of beer here.

now if only I drank beer.

Comment

Originally posted by J peth View Post

Here in Wisconsin liquor stores have been labeled as essential
                        ...Ah yes, alcohol...

...Very essential...

I'm sure there's a good reason, but that's just fucking sad to me...

Comment

To be more on topic, the entirety of my next quarter is online now (half okay with it, half not).

I need to go back to the campus at some point and get my stuff back as, until a few days ago, I assumed that I would just go back on campus a little later than usual...

So yeah. Summer basically came early (with a butt-ton of work to do in the first half).

Comment

Originally posted by RussianCoffeeAddict View Post

...Ah yes, alcohol...

...Very essential...

I'm sure there's a good reason, but that's just fucking sad to me...
                            It's technically a food item.

It also helps pass the time.

Comment

Originally posted by OrganizationXV View Post
                              It also helps pass the time.
                              So does poisoning yourself very slowly. People ain't drinking it to keep their stomachs full either...

You know what, now that I think about it more, fuck em. If you run out, tough shit...stay at home till the next grocery run where you can get your fix from the closest grocery store. Practically every store with anything remotely edible sells alcohol at this point...even the 7/11s. If alcohol is "essential" (lol), I don't think access to it is a problem without dedicated liquor stores...

And if people get desperate...IDK...let them have fun trying to make homebrew beer from nail polish or rubbing alcohol. At least they'll still be home.

Same for the drug junkies.
                              Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 25th, 2020, 10:52 PM.

Comment

So does poisoning yourself very slowly. People ain't drinking it to keep their stomachs full either...

You know what, now that I think about it more, fuck em. If you run out, tough shit...stay at home till the next grocery run where you can get your fix from the closest grocery store. Practically every store with anything remotely edible sells alcohol at this point...even the 7/11s. If alcohol is "essential" (lol), I don't think access to it is a problem without dedicated liquor stores...

And if people get desperate...IDK...let them have fun trying to make homebrew beer from nail polish or rubbing alcohol. At least they'll still be home.

Same for the drug junkies.
                                Remember what happened last time a bunch of Americans weren't legally allowed to buy beer? A lot of people went blind because they made shitty moonshine.

Actually, I wonder if the 26th Amendment has anything to do with it.

Comment

Remember what happened last time a bunch of Americans weren't legally allowed to buy beer?
                                  People are idiots...too fucking bad. The days aren’t exactly normal anymore.

If they’re willing to put more people in danger for their little fix (or for a thousand rolls of fucking toilet paper), then I see the little experiments at home blowing up in their face as natural selection at work.

EDIT: And you ignored my full point BTW. They could still buy alcohol, just not at a dedicated liquor store (purely non-essential).
                                  Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 26th, 2020, 12:30 AM.

Comment

People are idiots...too fucking bad. The days aren’t exactly normal anymore.

If they’re willing to put more people in danger for their little fix (or for a thousand rolls of fucking toilet paper), then I see the little experiments at home blowing up in their face as natural selection at work.
                                    I can't tell how much of your hot takes are just memes, so I'm not sure how to reply.

Comment

I can't tell how much of your hot takes are just memes, so I'm not sure how to reply.
                                      Besides the natural selection shit...I’m dead fucking serious.

Fuck indulging these people, especially if it gave precedent to do it again during a later, potentially more deadly and contagious pandemic. A dead drunk is better than 20 dead people or even just a dead family because of some desperate drunk looking for another glass of his favorite liquor.

I say this on principle, unapologetically. And I will stand by it.

At some point you’re just endangering people...so they can rot their brains away...again. No, they don’t want medicine, or food, or shit like that at a liquor store...just another beer.

To the willing detriment of everyone else.

No.

Tell people to have a little self-restraint for once. And if they can’t help themselves, have fun with the home made moonshine. Or sit down on the couch and wait to get that shit from your next grocery run.

I won’t indulge the almost worthless kind of drunk who’d unnecessarily endanger everyone around them, maybe even their own kids...just to get another beer from the liquor store to turn themselves into jello flesh again...

Go back to your liquor store runs when the pandemic’s over.
                                      Last edited by RussianCoffeeAddict; March 26th, 2020, 12:46 AM.

Comment

"We're Number 1" is trending on twitter this evening.

The US now has the most corona virus cases in the world: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

85,268 as of this post while China is at 81,340.

Get ready boys, this shit about to get real in the next few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajin_Style View Post
                                          "We're Number 1" is trending on twitter this evening.

The US now has the most corona virus cases in the world: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

85,268 as of this post while China is at 81,340.

Get ready boys, this shit about to get real in the next few weeks.
                                          China managed to subdue the virus due to its extremely invasive surveillance and dictatorial system allowing it to quarantine everything more effectively.

...Just pointing it out so no one goes “Let’s copy China” or thinks that they’re a good model on how to do things since I occasionally see the sentiment whenever they “do something good”...

But yeah...it’s gonna be a lot of months of sitting tight...

Comment

Working...
                                          X